Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

yea ok posted:

Old people; suck them off hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

yea ok posted:

Old people suck get them off my TV hahaha

Yeah. Okay.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
I think a lot of posters are terminally E-brained where a fued starts with a run in (Nyla flipping the hamburgers) and then proceeds with a singles match immediately followed by 15 more matches spanning 3 PPVs. There is no way to run a fued like with without tons of interference finishes, 50/50 booking or really stupid stipulation matches.

I love that AEW gives feuds time to breathe and build so that the payoff is worth it. Hangman is going to dodge Kenny as long as he can, while Dark Order and the Elite beat each other up for their friends. Team Taz has been just fine for over 2 months now and are finally getting to the Cage/Starks factory. Hell, the Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss feud has been going on over a month.

What I'm saying is that the Nyla/Vickie vs Britt/Rebel was fine and in continuation of a longer lasting feud. Doing a last minute double swerve would have pissed me off a lot more and wouldn't make sense because Britt and Nyla have no friends. Most of the other women on the roster have someone they can team with organically, but Nyla ignores her partners or attacks them.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Is the thread title a troll or did they actually equate a place where one wrestling company has ran for a bit over a year to a building that has nearly 60 years of history across countless promotions and fightsports lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tonfa posted:

Is the thread title a troll or did they actually equate a place where one wrestling company has ran for a bit over a year to a building that has nearly 60 years of history across countless promotions and fightsports lol

They did not say it.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Cavauro posted:

i still think if they really put the title on britt instead of pretending then it will solve the problems

I agree. That is the main problem

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Is "e-brained" the new way of saying someone's watched too much Raw?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
More and more people are making the comparison in the thread title and we love it folks don’t we

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

The Bee posted:

Cody Rhodes is a father. And I don't know how to feel about that.

It sounds to me like you have never had Paradox Interactive take away your ability to feel human.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Just want to say I love Kenny having the HHH reign-of-terror beard lol

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Dango Bango posted:

Just want to say I love Kenny having the HHH reign-of-terror beard lol

The fantastic facial hair on every member of the elite was the best part of yesterday's show.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Majinfoose posted:

Tully is nearly 70 and he's dope and a gay icon.

(Someone post the bar pic please thx)

What is "Things We Never Thought We'd Say in the '80s" for $800, LeVar.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think my favorite small spot of the match was MJF trying to beg Sammy not to hit him with the 630. At first I wondered "why didn't he just roll away?" and remembered just minutes before that Sammy loving launched himself into the crowd to hit MJF. loving fantastic storytelling.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

AEW is really good and last night was an all-timer for me. When Dark Order came out to address Kenny I lost my poo poo, the eventual Hangman vs Omega match is going to have the most insane crowd imaginable.

Also agreed on the Elite facial hair, they're reaching new levels in getting heel heat purely through minor appearance tweaks.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jonny Nox posted:

so they have hinted very strongly that Jericho was going to be on the Rampage desk. (unless the popular existing wrestler they referenced was Mark Henry) and today's show at least showed that it's not going to be unbearable.

it might even be good.

They already said that Henry was going to commentate for Rampage. Unless they're planning another three man booth.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

I hope AEW utilizes Yuka well. I could see another Britt “ you don’t belong here” promo which is ok and frustrating at the same time.

She needs to kick britts rear end

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I don't know if this is a popular opinion, but I prefer Sammy's Really High And Smooth Senton over the 630 Quick Flips Senton

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yuka and Nyla team up to get revenge on Britt, Fastball Specials abound. Book it coward Tony.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Whole lotta good stuff on this week's show between MJF/Sammy tearing it up, Penta and Eddie getting one over on the Elite, a super sweet Jacksonville package, MIRO THE REDEEMER, MIRO THE REDEEMER's new music and Hangman's friends being there for him and supporting him. No I did not cry at a wrestling show why are you asking I just have allergies

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

karmicknight posted:

It sounds to me like you have never had Paradox Interactive take away your ability to feel human.

Ah, drat, I thought you were Benoitposting. My b for missing the ref.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Daily's Place is the American Korakuen Hall.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

So, where is Hangman?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Gift of the Goddess has to be the AEW title, so I'd say atonement. Also the supernatural aid was probably that time he magically pulled a giant beer.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Pylons posted:

So, where is Hangman?

Last night was his Refusal of the call

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Man I'm not keeping up with Dark Elevation enough, I didn't even see Hangman's match with Abyss!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tonfa posted:

They clarified that in some ways Daily's Place is better because while Korakuen Hall is home to so many great New Japan matches other promotions are allowed to run there too which causes the venue to lose some of its luster.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Senerio posted:

Last night was his Refusal of the call

Either that or Refusal of the Return.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That recap at the end really was a tearjerker, it's seriously hard to believe everything that happened in AEW in the last year working most of those shows in front of a handful of people at most. Thinking back to that first pandemic show they did that feels like forever ago, and how much it felt at the time like there were invisible clouds of poisonous gas outside yet these people are still somehow giving us something to watch on Wednesday. I'd be interested in seeing WWE attempt to do a similar retrospective since the only thing I remember wwe doing in the last year was debuting and killing Retribution, alexa's descent into whatever she is now, and all those times that they fired a bunch of people. It's a year I won't forget for a lot of reasons but AEW definitely played a big role in keeping me sane throughout it. Posting with y'all has been pretty alright too :hmmyes:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I just know that his save the cat moment is gonna involve Kenny squashing a member of the dark order and beating them down further.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/kelthecelt/status/1410597654912856071?s=21

This is cool, didn’t know Nyla’s wife designed her gear

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol good to know the discussion thread is still filled with miserable hate watchers after a year of not reading it

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

https://www.fighterfans.com/en/aew/news-aew/japanese-deathmatch-legend-onita-challenges-jon-moxley

quote:

Atsushi would however finish by making somewhat of a challenge to Jon Moxley, saying “Jon Moxley uses my theme music? Thank you, Moxley. I think if he has a spirit of JADO (evil ways), we might stand in the same ring some day. It would be interesting, wouldn’t it?”

:getin:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Speaking of releases, in two weeks the following 90 day non-competes will be over:

Peyton Royce
Billie Kay
Kalisto
Mickie James
Chelsea Green
Tucker
Bo Dallas
Mojo Rawley
Wesley Blake

Now Dallas seems content to live on a farm, and James is with the NWA for the time being (though I can see her make an excursion ala Thunder Rosa), who do you all think/would like to see AEW bound?

Royce and Kay have to be the main one for me. I think Kalisto could be a great get too.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
the bucks look absolutely insane. I love it. bless the bucks.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Davros1 posted:

Speaking of releases, in two weeks the following 90 day non-competes will be over:

Peyton Royce
Billie Kay
Kalisto
Mickie James
Chelsea Green
Tucker
Bo Dallas
Mojo Rawley
Wesley Blake

Now Dallas seems content to live on a farm, and James is with the NWA for the time being (though I can see her make an excursion ala Thunder Rosa), who do you all think/would like to see AEW bound?

Royce and Kay have to be the main one for me. I think Kalisto could be a great get too.

Yeah the Iconics and Kalisto are the only ones I’d have any interest in.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Mickie would probably be the best addition on paper, but it seems like she's already tied down to her husband's vanity promotion.

I could see them throw the Iconics a Cardona-esque "Prove It" deal to help them get their visas squared away, especially since Spears and Peyton are married.

Could also see Chelsea get brought in if Britt pushes for her hard enough.

Tucker just missing Pandemic Dark is kind of a bummer, because he's probably worth taking that level of a flyer on.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

Peyton Royce
Billie Kay
Kalisto
Mickie James
Chelsea Green
Tucker
Bo Dallas
Mojo Rawley
Wesley Blake

Kalisto would be a good guy to give a Rampage match with any number of guys, Peyton and Billie I imagine will get a look, of the rest.. I think Tucker needs an indie run where he can show what he can do, and Mojo probably needs one to show whatever he has in mind, but maybe he'll just end up in TNA?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Another thing I loved about the Dark Order segment backstage is how when Hangman came in hollerin', they didn't even waver in their surety that it was time, they're more confident in themselves and in their friendship with Adam as a person, rather than their fanboy recruiting, and they know what's best for their friend and that it's time for him to stand up, and Adam couldn't even challenge them on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dacap posted:

https://twitter.com/kelthecelt/status/1410597654912856071?s=21

This is cool, didn’t know Nyla’s wife designed her gear

i didn't know Nyla was married! that's so awesome. it's cool how many wrestler's wives get involved in their costuming :3:

i think Brandon Cutler's wife and Hangman's do so as well