Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yuka and Nyla team up to get revenge on Britt, Fastball Specials abound. Book it coward Tony.

I don't think the universe is ready for how far Yuka can throw Nyla Rose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

Another thing I loved about the Dark Order segment backstage is how when Hangman came in hollerin', they didn't even waver in their surety that it was time, they're more confident in themselves and in their friendship with Adam as a person, rather than their fanboy recruiting, and they know what's best for their friend and that it's time for him to stand up, and Adam couldn't even challenge them on it

It's a great contrast from when Hangman got angry with the Bucks and they just called him an ROH jobber.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cavauro posted:

jim ross was mixing up peoples' names 20 years ago.

Yes, this is important to remember. Even in 90s WCW he would stumble and get things wrong. It's not a new thing, I guess it's just highlighted because of how good Excal and Tony are? And even they mess up from time to time, they just aren't crotchety about it.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 1, 2021

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Senerio posted:

Last night was his Refusal of the call

Yeah, we are gearing up for tests of allies and enemies. When he loses to Kenny first time through, that'll put him in the abyss.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yes, this is important to remember. Even in 90s WCW he would stumble and get things wrong. It's not a new thing, I guess it's just highlighted because of how good Excal and Tony are? And even they mess up from time to time, they just aren't crotchety about it.

It’s definitely accentuated by how strong a commentary team Ex and Tony are.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

i'm sorry but that post was complete sarcasm meant to mock the ageism going on in this thread. one person embarrassingly criticized me for it but thankfully that's been buried in the past. you're on your own this time

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Dacap posted:

It’s definitely accentuated by how strong a commentary team Ex is.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cavauro posted:

i'm sorry but that post was complete sarcasm meant to mock the ageism going on in this thread. one person embarrassingly criticized me for it but thankfully that's been buried in the past. you're on your own this time

Your sarcasm is based in historical accuracy!

I mean the first sentence of your post is true, the rest is silly. That's the part I was responding to.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Davros1 posted:

They already said that Henry was going to commentate for Rampage. Unless they're planning another three man booth.

He's an analyst, not necessarily a commentator

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
I can't think of any male released by the WWE recently that I'd want to see in AEW, they're already packed and Cody said in Sammy's vlog people like Fuego aren't going on the road with them.

But drat I'd kill to see the IIconics and Ruby. Anyone want to let me kill them?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Speaking of releases, in two weeks the following 90 day non-competes will be over:

Peyton Royce
Billie Kay
Kalisto
Mickie James
Chelsea Green
Tucker
Bo Dallas
Mojo Rawley
Wesley Blake

Now Dallas seems content to live on a farm, and James is with the NWA for the time being (though I can see her make an excursion ala Thunder Rosa), who do you all think/would like to see AEW bound?

Royce and Kay have to be the main one for me. I think Kalisto could be a great get too.

the only names i want are Cult Leader Bo Dallas to come feud with all the other cult leaders, and Billie/Peyton

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dacap posted:

https://twitter.com/kelthecelt/status/1410597654912856071?s=21

This is cool, didn’t know Nyla’s wife designed her gear

This tweet is heartwarming.

The one before it is depressing though

https://twitter.com/kelthecelt/status/1410582124122488832

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I need to see Jessie McKay yelling "HEY LEXI", make it happen Coward Tony

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I don't think Hangman will lose to Kenny again, his lowest moment was already the combo of FTR messing with him, losing the belts, getting kicked out of the Elite, and then losing to Kenny.

I do think you'll see Kenny put a whole bunch of challenges in his way, stuff to try and exploit any lingering inferiority complex stuff Hangman might have.

Also if you need further proof that Hangman rules, load up his old website (adampagewrestling.com)

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Dacap posted:

Yeah the Iconics and Kalisto are the only ones I’d have any interest in.

AEW already has a wrestler del Sol though.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The part I've been longing for, the part I'm certain is coming, is the cracks in Kenny's confidence beginning to appear when you realise that he's as scared of facing Hangman as Hangman has been scared of facing him.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Oil! posted:

AEW already has a wrestler del Sol though.

The Del Sol Bros

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Grem posted:

I can't think of any male released by the WWE recently that I'd want to see in AEW, they're already packed and Cody said in Sammy's vlog people like Fuego aren't going on the road with them.

But drat I'd kill to see the IIconics and Ruby. Anyone want to let me kill them?

I’d put an outside bet on Ruby showing up in the All Out Battle Royale with freshly licensed Rancid entrance music and everything.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

kenny vs hangman going to a 60 minute draw

or hangman pinning kenny at 58:37 or some poo poo

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Ringo Roadagain posted:

kenny vs hangman going to a 60 minute draw

or hangman pinning kenny at 58:37 or some poo poo

It looks like a time limit draw is about to happen, when 5 yells out "Hangman! You can do it, I believe in you!" giving Hangman the last bit of energy needed to finish Kenny off for good and send him back to the nega-verse.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Did MJF really hurt his knee?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

A Fancy Hat posted:

It looks like a time limit draw is about to happen, when 5 yells out "Hangman! You can do it, I believe in you!" distracting Hangman so Kenny can pick him up for the One Winged Angel.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

Gift of the Goddess has to be the AEW title, so I'd say atonement. Also the supernatural aid was probably that time he magically pulled a giant beer.

Oh god yes!

I can't find the clip but I did find this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcuUH_CSiYg

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fawning deference posted:

No, he was selling.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

fawning deference posted:

AEW Botches on twitter says Yes

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pylons posted:

No, he was selling.

He's a hell of a seller because I thought it was legit. But then when Sammy targeted it I knew he was ok. It was a great story.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Dacap posted:

It’s definitely accentuated by how strong a commentary team Ex and Tony are.

I was honestly digging Jericho's commentary too - shades of Lawler at his peak.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
That knee selling went on for a while with MJF trying to lift Sammy twice before collapsing under the pain. When he started yelling at Bryce I thought he was setting up for the fakeout but nah, seems like they really wanted to focus on the injury without Sammy targeting it.

Wonder if it was mainly a spot for Sammy to catch a breather before something dangerous like a senton

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

I've been in the Pro-JR camp since AEW started but these past few weeks he's been especially bad. Constantly forgetting what he was going to say and then tops off the daily place montage by calling it "WWE Dynamite".

Now I'm of the opinion he needs to be fazed out to just the sit down interviews and possibly calling big matches (if he rehearses the wrestlers names and moves).

Edit: and he seems to be in a bad mood too.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

give us cosmic wasteland just to get cody out of this endless qt feud

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Kind of shocked this is happening:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1409552595765575684?s=20

Billy Gunn getting a WWE figure

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

Kind of shocked this is happening:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1409552595765575684?s=20

Billy Gunn getting a WWE figure

Billy Gunn has had terrible hair every day of his life

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That is surprising. In the past few months it's been squared so that Billy can be billed with his surname on AEW programming, so I guess this was part of the horsetrading. Are they still selling Jake the Snake dolls? I know he was very proud of how large the royalty cheques were for a long time.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dacap posted:

Yeah the Iconics and Kalisto are the only ones I’d have any interest in.

Agree with these. I wouldn't mind seeing Chelsea Green get a look, too, like some tryout matches on Elevation to see how she does. But that's mostly on the back of that good match she had with Penta back in Lucha Underground. I think she's got more capability in the ring then she's been able to show in the past and working with some actual trainers could really do something for her

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mr. Squishy posted:

That is surprising. In the past few months it's been squared so that Billy can be billed with his surname on AEW programming, so I guess this was part of the horsetrading. Are they still selling Jake the Snake dolls? I know he was very proud of how large the royalty cheques were for a long time.

Especially since they cancelled all the Sting figures when he signed with AEW

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if AEW just doesn't sign any of the women that have been released cause they just don't seem to give a poo poo at this point. Bo Dallas has a better chance of showing up on Dynamite than the Iiconics at this stage in the game.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Drakkel posted:

Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if AEW just doesn't sign any of the women that have been released cause they just don't seem to give a poo poo at this point. Bo Dallas has a better chance of showing up on Dynamite than the Iiconics at this stage in the game.

:rolleyes:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nah

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I wouldn't say either have a great shot at showing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Of note, the Iconics are guest hosting Renee’s pod this week interviewing Anna Jay and Tay Conti