Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Gumby Movie came out in 1995

It also made $57,000 at the box office on a budget of 2.3 million

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

New film, The Alien Dead is out...

Aww yeah. Love me some endless credits songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y751CfwWq3w

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Barudak posted:

The Gumby Movie came out in 1995

On one hand, that's when Toy Story came out. On the other hand, it's still head and shoulders above Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Gumby was so befuddling that the only thing I could compare it to was when I saw Assassin 33 AD a few days later.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New Bridget/Mary Jo riff "Lucky Day." A potboiler thriller about an actress who works at the worlds busiest courier agency and the search for a missing coworker. It stars absolutely nobody of note.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

muscles like this! posted:

New Bridget/Mary Jo riff "Lucky Day." A potboiler thriller about an actress who works at the worlds busiest courier agency and the search for a missing coworker. It stars absolutely nobody of note.

In the most recent The Mads Live show, Bridget said they got a whole box of these movies. They will be doing the other "...of the bride" series soon, too.

She also said there are a couple of the Teenagers movies they'd like to do, but can't find decent copies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also the husband in the movie has an extremely confusing accent.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Au contraire, it stars the wonderful British actress Amanda Donohoe, from Lair of the White Worm! :eng101:

...granted, she has appeared in a lot of tripe, but as a fan of bad movies, I won't hold that against her. :)

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Mister Kingdom posted:

She also said there are a couple of the Teenagers movies they'd like to do, but can't find decent copies.

Awesome. After seeing one of them (I think it was on the Twitch channel?) I bought all four of them. I hope they find nice looking copies soon.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/THORUNIVERSE/status/1404104960699080711

I don't know who needs to hear this but Jon Mikl Thor is still at it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Another Bill posted:

For the briefest of moments before I saw who the tweet was from, I thought "interesting new direction from Chris Hemsworth there"

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Sydney Bottocks posted:

For the briefest of moments before I saw who the tweet was from, I thought "interesting new direction from Chris Hemsworth there"

I’m sure “Thor and the Wasp team up” has been done.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

X-O posted:

New film, The Alien Dead is out...

Aww yeah. Love me some endless credits songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y751CfwWq3w

Is this really the first time anyone MST3K-related has taken on a Fred Olen Ray movie?

EDIT: Oh right, Maximum Rage.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 15, 2021

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Does Alien Dead meet the dictionary definition of a movie?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Billy Gnosis posted:

It is images and sound on a screen so it is technically a movie but it doesn't exactly have a story arc or conclusion or anything like that.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

The other day, when Conor was playing the GBA Gumby game on Twitch, I asked him if he finally convinced them to riff Baby Ghost.

He said it's coming this year.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Billy Gnosis posted:

If we call Fun in Balloonland and Rollergator movies, then Alien Dead surely counts too.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I woke up in a cold sweat remembering the gumby movie came out in the 90s

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I swear just the mention of Rollergator leaves noodling acoustic guitar in my head for the rest of the day.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Barudak posted:

I woke up in a cold sweat remembering the gumby movie came out in the 90s

Really? That's what you're worried about with this movie?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dawgstar posted:

I swear just the mention of Rollergator leaves noodling acoustic guitar in my head for the rest of the day.

I've been looking for something to practice learning guitat songs by ear and by gum, I think you've inspired me.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I know they're not as popular but the guys are doing a JTJ for Face/Off which... oh, I would love for that to be VOD but I understand it would also be too expensive being an actual movie.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That's fun. John Woo rules so much. In middle school I bought a book about him, Ten Thousand Bullets: the cinematic journey of John Woo, and used it for a school assignment.

Another Bill posted:

I always need to hear this, thank you! Inspiring, bold, provocative, pure steel! Genuine fan of Thor, great albums, touching documentary "I Am Thor", but I also love those great riffs. I often recall that sweet song "Energy". She gives me something to eeeeat, and she takes me to bed. Yeah!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I tuned into the Scener event from their Patreon last night. They were completely dumbfounded by the terribleness of Money Plane. It was a fun watch. Seeing them doing a semi-riff of something they'd never seen before was a neat experience. Kevin almost refused to believe that was Joey Lawrence when it was pointed out to him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's a Father's Day sale going on and also they've announced that 10% of all proceeds today will go to the Jackie Robinson Foundation.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I just want to say I really appreciate The Alien Dead's good-natured incompetence. It reminds me, after a fashion, of its fellow Florida movie The Guy from Harlem.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I recently watched an older riff, Contamination, and the alien threat seemed really half baked. The alien "eggs" were only dangerous if they exploded directly on you which seems easy enough to avoid.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
The Face/Off just-the-jokes file is now available.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've just put the riff of Birdemic on Youtube and have said that they're going to be putting up more stuff on there.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Birdemic is a thing every one needs to experience because no one believes the description. Like LSD possibly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I would also recommend the movie Julie and Jack from the same director. It has an absolutely bonkers twist partway through when it turns out that all the date scenes you've been watching have been taking place in VR. Despite there being absolutely no indication of it at all.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
All of the ones from that director are 'great'. The other one with the cloned lady who has her own name as a tramp stamp absolutely killed me.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I would also recommend the movie Julie and Jack from the same director. It has an absolutely bonkers twist partway through when it turns out that all the date scenes you've been watching have been taking place in VR. Despite there being absolutely no indication of it at all.

It seemed like the guy forgot what movie he was making and started another one entirely

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

By popular demand posted:

Birdemic is a thing every one needs to experience because no one believes the description. Like LSD possibly.

I just can't stop saying "slrpnls"

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

I love that when Jack meets Julie's parents they don't even question the fact that a total stranger shows up at their house claiming he's talked to their dead daughter recently. Like it's just a thing that's totally reasonable and plausible.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

*Waves coat hanger vaguely*

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mwbUQuCJ2A

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Hey OP, how about adding the official Rifftrax channels YouTube and Twitch to the first post?

Also the Mads have a channel with some shorts.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

By popular demand posted:

Hey OP, how about adding the official Rifftrax channels YouTube and Twitch to the first post?

Also the Mads have a channel with some shorts.

Done and done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Another full short uploaded to Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8oeOL6w62o&t=216s
Patriotism; featuring Bob Crane.