Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

idk I think the GOP candidate in 2024 is strongly positioned to win. PA, michigan, wisconsin trending red, Georgia gonna held this time around, no Trump to turn out blue. Joe will be insanely old (best case scenario for dems) or Kamala will be potus and she will lose worse than Hillary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Tucker comes off as a dumb goober outside his carefully controlled show and gets easily flustered. He doesn't have the Trump ability to just vamp on nothing regardless of context.

I don't know, I think he'd be a much smarter and more competent Trump. Sure, he doesn't necessarily have Trump's weird amusing charisma that seduces chud brains like no other, but he seems to have good political instincts and understands the language of populism(fake) and could articulate it and harness it much better than Trump ever did. Trump's biggest problem from the start ever since he came down that escalator is that he is genuinely stupid as gently caress... he had big rear end balls and trolled and insulted his way the white house, but stupid nonetheless.

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019

KaptainKrunk posted:

idk I think the GOP candidate in 2024 is strongly positioned to win. PA, michigan, wisconsin trending red, Georgia gonna held this time around, no Trump to turn out blue. Joe will be insanely old (best case scenario for dems) or Kamala will be potus and she will lose worse than Hillary

i......disagree with those states trending red

especially wisconsin

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
it's hard to make any electoral predictions off of 2020 just because covid and voting by mail made the turnout so unusual. I definitely feel like if it's joe vs trump again, trump would probably lose again, but I also think that if the gop controls the house then there is no way that trump doesn't get installed

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

bleeding kansas posted:

especially wisconsin

yeah they're all winnable for the GOP but it's really hard for me to see an improvement for the GOP in any of them since 2016, and the Dems have had mixed to good results in all those states since.

real test is gonna be the Senate in Wisconsin in 2022. if the GOP can win that, that's a 5 alarm fire for Dems.

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019

Azathoth posted:

yeah they're all winnable for the GOP but it's really hard for me to see an improvement for the GOP in any of them since 2016, and the Dems have had mixed to good results in all those states since.

real test is gonna be the Senate in Wisconsin in 2022. if the GOP can win that, that's a 5 alarm fire for Dems.

they just booted scott walker out, ron johnsons as good as gone

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

bleeding kansas posted:

they just booted scott walker out, ron johnsons as good as gone

As someone watching from across the border over here in Minnesota, I'll believe it when I see it. Don't underestimate the Wisconsin Democratic Party's ability to really gently caress up a sure thing.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

bleeding kansas posted:

especially wisconsin

PA registered like 5 times as many new republicans as democrats over the past few years. The GOP flipped 2 statewide races last year and the extremely popular AG only won by a few points against a complete nobody.

Democrats are in real trouble here but dems might get lucky cause the republicans running for gov/senate in 2022 are non-charismatic losers and/or lunatics

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Aglet56 posted:

it's hard to make any electoral predictions off of 2020 just because covid and voting by mail made the turnout so unusual. I definitely feel like if it's joe vs trump again, trump would probably lose again, but I also think that if the gop controls the house then there is no way that trump doesn't get installed

funny option: Republicans take the house in 2022 and make trump speaker of the house. then, regardless of what happens in the 2024 election they'll vote to not certify which would cause the speaker of the house to become president.

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019

The Nastier Nate posted:

PA registered like 5 times as many new republicans as democrats over the past few years. The GOP flipped 2 statewide races last year and the extremely popular AG only won by a few points against a complete nobody.

Democrats are in real trouble here but dems might get lucky cause the republicans running for gov/senate in 2022 are non-charismatic losers and/or lunatics

maybe! it sure was a close one in PA this year. could go either way. but

quote:

According to a Philadelphia Inquirer analysis covering this same topic, the average yearly exodus from the PA GOP is anywhere from 20 to 33 percent of the total of changes. But this year, the report indicates, the GOP accounts for 64 percent of these changes.

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/abington/voter-registrations-exodus-gop-reverse-pa-trends

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Party registration is a bad indicator either way, as the eternal "West Virginia has more registered Democrats than Republicans" example tells us.

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019
well. sure. but the trend reversing itself overnight sure is something

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Thoguh posted:

You think Cotton isn't manly enough? Well, we can fix that.

https://twitter.com/kaufmannGOP/status/1410038464192602115?s=19

big time army man tom cotton

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1410415650858754050
close thread, they’re just gonna anoint him without bothering with primaries this time around

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

lol yeah if he's saying that he's running

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

god I cant wait for Biden v Trump while the world is burning all around us. I hear a fiddle…

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Apraxin posted:

close thread, they’re just gonna anoint him without bothering with primaries this time around

yeah the primary is going to be even more pro forma than it was in 2020

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Apraxin posted:

A second escalator has hit the south state.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
a primary debate where everyone is trying to say they agree with trump the hardest

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

cumshitter posted:

a primary debate where everyone is trying to say they agree with trump the hardest

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

4 years to recharge his chi: trump is gonna be unstoppable in 2024 :911:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

cumshitter posted:

Literally they can’t even run, they have to take a backseat.

The only ones that can run against trump are your “moderate republicans” so if someone wants to take a stab at it and run as a mitt Romney or John Kasich type, we’ll just see how well that goes (they’ll get a quarter of the vote in a 2 way race if lucky)

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Also, whatever trump says until he filed the paperwork is bullshit because he will never explicitly say he’s not running until the day of the first primary

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah the primary is going to be even more pro forma than it was in 2020

on the dem side too because lol if the DNC is going to allow either Biden or Kamala to have a primary challenger

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The Nastier Nate posted:

Literally they can’t even run, they have to take a backseat.

The only ones that can run against trump are your “moderate republicans” so if someone wants to take a stab at it and run as a mitt Romney or John Kasich type, we’ll just see how well that goes (they’ll get a quarter of the vote in a 2 way race if lucky)

It's going to be funny to watch what Ted Cruz does. I could see Mitt or Kasich or someone similar trying to kamikaze Trump, but if that craven little poo poo runs, you know there's blood in the water for Trump.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
If Trump does run he's going to have a big, beautiful reality show VP selection process and it's going to get great ratings.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

obviously Trump is going to say things to build hype and attention. I think anything he says or does is empty and useless until 2023. Then we'd know for sure.

also he's old as hell, no one knows what could happen in the next two years

The Nastier Nate posted:

Also, whatever trump says until he filed the paperwork is bullshit because he will never explicitly say he’s not running until the day of the first primary

Yep.

Azathoth posted:

It's going to be funny to watch what Ted Cruz does. I could see Mitt or Kasich or someone similar trying to kamikaze Trump, but if that craven little poo poo runs, you know there's blood in the water for Trump.

Kasich is old news. That lane would be taken up by Larry Hogan or some other great "moderate" hope.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Maximo Roboto posted:

Kasich is old news. That lane would be taken up by Larry Hogan or some other great "moderate" hope.

Yeah, I more meant someone from that general mold of old-school big business guys who love Jesus and hate gay people because that was what they had to say to get those tax cuts through than actually Kasich himself, who is definitely radioactive to the GOP now.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, I more meant someone from that general mold of old-school big business guys who love Jesus and hate gay people because that was what they had to say to get those tax cuts through than actually Kasich himself, who is definitely radioactive to the GOP now.

Jeb!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Azathoth posted:

I was trying to think of who fill the Kasich lane and yep, Larry Hogan.

He very much wants to be president but he probably should have ran in like 1992.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I could see Ted Cruz taking a shot against their king. Dude values power and doesn't care who gets shivved along the way.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Mustached Demon posted:

I could see Ted Cruz taking a shot against their king. Dude values power and doesn't care who gets shivved along the way.

he also stuck it out against trump longer than anyone and didn't pay any political price for it, but he's also young enough that I could see him setting up for 2028 instead (lol at there being elections in 2028 but cruz definitely thinks there will be)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Spergin Morlock posted:

funny option: Republicans take the house in 2022 and make trump speaker of the house. then, regardless of what happens in the 2024 election they'll vote to not certify which would cause the speaker of the house to become president.

That's one way to start a shooting war.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

Libs are tremendous cowards and will never consider direct action like that. If anyone’s gonna start (and win) a shooting war, it’s the Boomerwaffen.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Zeroisanumber posted:

There will be a lot of shooting all right

Liberals shooting letters to the editor on how outraged the orange man snuck into the white house again

Spergin Morlock posted:

The congress elected in 2024 is the congress that certifies the election, not 2022 though. They would also need the senate because by default the states are certified unless both houses of congress object. So if the GOP holds congress from the 2024 election then even if the dem wins (unlikely in that case) they can overturn the presidential election

Or they could just do what they did on 1/6 and refuse to certify each state to drag out the process while they send in their cultists again (although with proper PMC / police / military backup this time). I mean it almost worked the first time and the dems responded by doing absolute jack so

Feldegast42 has issued a correction as of 06:10 on Jul 2, 2021

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/dwuhlfelderlaw/status/1413197956015079425?s=21

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

It begins :smugdon:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

there's is no way that DeSantis doesnt eventually roll over for trump LIKE A DOG!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...64wtUnWrGh-PC-I

quote:

South Dakota will be sending an additional 125 members of its National Guard to the border between the U.S. and Mexico to assist federal immigration authorities, its governor announced.

Gov. Kristi Noem (R) said the deployment will add to the 50 troops she announced late last month were being sent to the southwest border.

Lol these governors have to send their own troops a thousand miles away to build up some chud cred

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

On the other hand, if Trump wins in 2024, Ted Cruz is a likely appointment to the Supreme Court.