Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Chris Pratt isn't the actual guest of the episode tomorrow, but it looks like they have a chat with him. So take that how you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

ArtVandelay posted:

Chris Pratt isn't the actual guest of the episode tomorrow, but it looks like they have a chat with him. So take that how you will.

OMG we will finally get to the bottom of this Doritos taco story.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Except for the famous ones.

Just the cool ones.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Poopy Palpy posted:

"I have a Bible that I page through from time to time because it's so foundational to the western canon" is so incredibly Nick Wiger.

Hahaha yeah. Or offhand mentioning his parents gave up on going to church (among other things) after his brother moved out

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ArtVandelay posted:

The fact that they tagged him in the posts makes me think it's real, but I hope it's just a Scott Aukerman Prince/Morrisey interview-style bit where they ask dumb questions and play clips from the Tomorrow War trailer as his repsonses

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

The fact that they tagged him in the posts makes me think it's real, but I hope it's just a Scott Aukerman Prince/Morrisey interview-style bit where they ask dumb questions and play clips from the Tomorrow War trailer as his repsonses

I'm guessing it's real, not unreasonable they would be able to snag him for half an hour for a chat.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Speaking of podcast guest appearances, Nick showed up on a new small Sonic the Hedgehog podcast a few weeks ago to talk about Sonic's dads and family (it was right around Father's Day). Plus Sonic just had his 30th anniversary/birthday a week ago.

Nick loves to make Sonic references and jokes on Doughboys so it was fun to hear him go a little more in-depth on the topic with some guys who know way too much about it.

https://anchor.fm/ghz-podcast/episodes/08--Sonics-Dads-w-NICK-WIGER-e12lm7b

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

The double's eyes are too open, I'd spot that a mile away

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I'm guessing it's real, not unreasonable they would be able to snag him for half an hour for a chat.

yea considering how many people from the movie went on as proper guess I'm sure it'd have been pretty easy to set up a quick little 'hey can we just ask a couple questions' thing

all this means is Doughboys is endorsed by the cool, non-conversion camp loving, stars of Tomorrow War :colbert:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Can’t wait for them to have Chris Pratt on then apologize later like they did with rob lowe

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Do it ironically posted:

Can’t wait for them to have Chris Pratt on then apologize later like they did with rob lowe

I forget the context of that.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:

DangerDummy! posted:

I haven't given a poo poo about Hollywood action blockbusters for quite a while, but I'm very excited for Tomorrow War. And it's all because of that stammering, pumpkin-headed Masshole incel. It's it's... it's gud.

I had been trying to articulate how I feel about this movie so here goes:

Same.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Marsupial Ape posted:

I forget the context of that.

Rob Lowe is a creep, but a very famous creep. He was a huge get for their show, but their fans really weren't happy he was on. They apologized and donated some money to charity as a mea culpa.

A former WDTGP? guest dragged them for having a sex creep on their show, but not having a Native guest at any point. For context, when he (a self described Native) was a guest on Played, he was brought on to discuss Custer's Revenge, which he pointed out was in very poor taste for a wide variety of reasons.

imo both shows have always had a pretty excellent track record when it comes to the diversity of their guests, and it wouldn't have been such an issue if the boys weren't such well-intentioned, decent guys.

e: if we're talking about Pratt, he belongs to some megachurch that has had some interesting opinions on LGBTQ+ issues, he likes to hunt, and he was photographed wearing a Gadsden flag shirt. Most of the people who have worked with him seem to agree he's a pretty cool guy though, so who knows. People are complicated.

DangerDummy! fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 1, 2021

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Mitch looking real good at the premiere.

https://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/4579873/chris-pratt-edwin-hodge-full-cast-tomorrow-war-premiere-55/

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Congrats to Mitch for not getting Spicy Ranch sauce on his jacket during his pre-film Taco Bell

I assume that he did drip all over during the post-film Taco Bell

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

What a handsome young man.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

At 83% on RT that's darn good.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

But how many tines?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Except for the famous ones.

Welp, egg on my face, I guess.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Hyrax Attack! posted:

53% now, I’m still holding out hope that it’s gud though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Will there be a mitch-scenes-only cut I can check out

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

53% now, I’m still holding out hope that it’s gud though

Uh oh, back to 57% now. If it gets below 40% yeah will look for Mitch scenes on YouTube. I tried ignoring a 30% rating for Independence Day 2 and gosh darn it was unwatchable.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Someone's gonna make a Cowan supercut in like one day, no need to actually bother watching it

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I am going to watch it, and I'm going to leave a 5 star review on Amazon where I talk about how handsome and nice Cowan is.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I'm about half an hour in, and it's not gud.

It's also very clearly about climate change in a very heavy handed way.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 2, 2021

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Chris Pratt seems very charming, kinda like in a Tom cruise way. Less crazy but still with bad opinions

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Consummate Professional posted:

Chris Pratt seems very charming, kinda like in a Tom cruise way. Less crazy but still with bad opinions

I almost always enjoy him in whatever he's in, and he's a charismatic, goofy guy. Like most actors, he's also a big dumb idiot. God willing, he's not on some Jim Caviezel poo poo, but he's a dope. A big dopey dope.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The movie is too long. Has lots of bad logic holes. And it should be rated R. It also seems obvious this one got hacked to bits in the editing room because tonally it’s all over the loving place.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Justice for Cowan

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

It's not a great movie by any stretch but Mitch and Sam Richardson were very good. Mary Lynn Rajskub deserved more time, too.

I hope they all made good money from it at least.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I give it five forks because I had a diet coke, and it was güd

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Wow https://twitter.com/bdayboysmitch/status/1411139027600695299?s=12

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

PantsOptional posted:

I'd be hard pressed to even call it a metaphor.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I was apprehensive about the Pratt interview but when he joined in on the Epstein jokes he won me over. That and when he was talking about how Mitch did a great job and he pushed to get him a larger role in the movie.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

PantsOptional posted:

I'm about half an hour in, and it's not gud.

I'm having fun with it but the frickin video screen next to Pratt in the classroom just looping climate change facts is giving it away

Mitch and Mary Lynn were surgically deployed in the first act to give this thing stakes for an extremely slim section of the viewing audience.

Wow

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I don't think I'm going to finish it tonight but lmfao skipping around to mitch's scenes so far is funny as hell

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I saw a clip of the movie on twitter and it looked really bad. Chris Pratt was standing still while a CGI monster just flopped around him.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I saw a clip of the movie on twitter and it looked really bad. Chris Pratt was standing still while a CGI monster just flopped around him.

Yeah I was gonna watch to support Mr. Slice but the trailer looked awful, just people shooting CGI hordes. I was hoping the time travel angle was gonna be pushed more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It was half of a good, dumb summer blockbuster. The first hour and change was pretty fun, but it all kind of falls apart right as soon as Mr. Slice dies, and I'm not saying that as a bit. His death sequence is weirdly choppy and disorientingly edited, and right after that the narrative goes in a predictable, narrow direction. I agree that they don't do enough with the time travel angle, especially after they have a whole scene dedicated to talking about the mechanics of the thing and how they avoid paradoxes.

I called it months ago, and I'm guessing anybody who's ever seen a time travel movie before did too: Of course Yvonne Strahovski is playing Pratt's adult daughter, and of COURSE seeing her die in the future at the end of the second act sets him off on a final mission to stop the war before it starts.