Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, that's a lot better than I was expecting for their first Wednesday back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MJeff posted:

Not here for this implication that Carl was the heel on that show.

it's like it's tearing rear end around the back yard, but standing still. still waters run deep

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

heel turn posted:

0.35 in the demo is really loving good considering they were up against the nba and nhl playoffs

Can't believe there are people out there who want to watch lovely fake sports over a dude taking a second rope tombstone piledriver.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Number go up, all is well with the world.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/status/1410710249858809872

I wonder if they rethink moving AEW for the NHL.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Number would've broken 1 million if the Acclaimed were on the show.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

The deal's already signed, they're not changing it and they shouldn't. AEW's better on TBS where it won't get preempted eight billion times like it just did.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ThePariah posted:

Number would've broken 1 million if the Acclaimed were on the show.

Everyone loves The Acclaimed.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MJeff posted:

The deal's already signed, they're not changing it and they shouldn't. AEW's better on TBS where it won't get preempted eight billion times like it just did.

There’s also no functional difference between TBS and TNT as far as WarnerMedia, the actual decision makers, are concerned.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Penguin Patrol posted:

Wow, that's a lot better than I was expecting for their first Wednesday back.

Big Dave agrees

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1410700056848572416?s=20

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Attention thread:

Hangman Page

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

Attention thread:

Hangman Page

I'm listening

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Attention thread:

Hangman Page

Everyone is saying it.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Doesn't TBS still show the MLB playoffs? Though there is something nostalgic having AEW preempted for baseball. Reminds me of being a kid and getting upset when WCW Saturday Night was delayed because the Atlanta Braves game ran long.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
htf is the cws doing 1.6 mil on espn2

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
*sees women div talk*

Postin' like it's Tuesday but it's really only Thursday!

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
AEW is back on wednesday but we're posting like it's still on friday

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

bartok posted:

Doesn't TBS still show the MLB playoffs? Though there is something nostalgic having AEW preempted for baseball. Reminds me of being a kid and getting upset when WCW Saturday Night was delayed because the Atlanta Braves game ran long.

TBS still has the playoffs. I wish they still had the Braves though, and that the Braves still had that sweet Ted Turner money.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The quarters peaked with Sammy vs. MJF, 962k and 517k 18-49

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

smarxist posted:

*sees women div talk*

Postin' like it's Tuesday but it's really only Thursday!

Just getting reps in so we're ready for the launch of Rampage. Once AEW programming is on four nights a week we're gonna really have to elevate the discourse game

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

https://twitter.com/BranCutler/status/1410716430958436352?s=19

Cutler looks completely different with that facial hair and I'm not mad about it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Cutler looks like he's about to record a YouTube video series about how social justice warriors are destroying the close up magic community.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lamuella posted:

Cutler looks like he's about to record a YouTube video series about how social justice warriors are destroying the close up magic community.

He just needs a hat, a cigarette in one hand and a glass of whisky He never touches in the other and he's Davis Aurini

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

forkboy84 posted:

He just needs a hat, a cigarette in one hand and a glass of whisky He never touches in the other and he's Davis Aurini

ugh that guy

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

A skull somewhere in the background of every shot.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Shinjobi posted:

Attention thread:

Hangman Page

Counterpoint.

Hook.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Pylons posted:

Also worth noting while the college world series game was a complete blowout a no hitter was carried into the 8th inning which is why the number was so high.

That's a really good AEW number considering the competition.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

AEW was just lucky American Ninja Warrior wasn't on

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I like having cutler around at ringside because he is very good at being a geek who bumps big for top guys but I wish he'd drop the cooling spray thing. it too hokey

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I like having cutler around at ringside because he is very good at being a geek who bumps big for top guys but I wish he'd drop the cooling spray thing. it too hokey

Pretty sure last night was the end of the spray. It's been used to help them cheat for the last 4-6 weeks and this time it completely backfired. It was a natural conclusion and the way he just kept spraying it for what felt like minutes was hilarious.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I know there are people out there that inexplicably like watching baseball but what sick perverts out there are watching COLLEGE baseball?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey guys, wanna hear a joke?

It's been just about a year since Ben Carter was in AEW.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Vince MechMahon posted:

It was a horrible botch by Excalibur that ruined the entire show and I hope he retires soon cause he keeps making these mistakes.

Excalibur should hide his face in shame.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

let’s discuss better things, like my idea for a heel orange Cassidy to adopt a Carl Brutananadilewski gimmick

wrestling dont matter, none of it matters

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MJeff posted:

Hey guys, wanna hear a joke?

It's been just about a year since Ben Carter was in AEW.

And look at him now.

(From a time compression standpoint, I am actually kind of mortified that was already a year ago.)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1410706177999216643

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/sammyguevara/status/1410645164285177858?s=19

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
What do you think they will do with the Brodie painting? I feel like they should keep it hanging in the room at Daily's Place. Maybe have a different painting for traveling?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

-1 will beat Omega for the title in Rochester, banishing J*m C*rnette to the shadow realm in the process

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
I know the consensus is people like Jericho on commentary but goddamn does he get on my nerves. I can tune out JR's bullshit but Jericho starts yelling every couple of minutes and it's like hearing my kids scream for me from another room, just instantly takes me out of what's going on. It legit surprises me how much everyone else seems to love his shtick.

JUNGLE BOY IS 50 AND 0!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Saul Goode posted:

I know the consensus is people like Jericho on commentary but goddamn does he get on my nerves. I can tune out JR's bullshit but Jericho starts yelling every couple of minutes and it's like hearing my kids scream for me from another room, just instantly takes me out of what's going on. It legit surprises me how much everyone else seems to love his shtick.

JUNGLE BOY IS 50 AND 0!

Yeah, he'd be okay if he toned it down but it's way too much for me most of the time. I'd be less inclined to watch with this version of Jericho commentating regularly.