Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

New tiki print just dropped for you fellow tiki nerds. From the dude who did the tiki bars across the US print.
https://spoke-art.com/collections/fine-art-prints/products/ian-glaubinger-exotic-elixirs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Looks like I'm gonna have change the timing of my micro-naps to wake up in the middle of my Philharmagic, cause I now that Coco scene is gonna be smack dab in the middle there. I always make sure to wake up during the carpet ride cause its awesome, I always wonder if the Disney Quest version was better.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is this new?

https://twitter.com/laughing_place/status/1410665027669925890?s=21

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Quixotic1 posted:

Looks like I'm gonna have change the timing of my micro-naps to wake up in the middle of my Philharmagic, cause I now that Coco scene is gonna be smack dab in the middle there. I always make sure to wake up during the carpet ride cause its awesome, I always wonder if the Disney Quest version was better.

I adore Philharmagic but :agreed: the Lion King middle part is a snoozer and goes on way too long.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Still waiting for the day when they secretly activate the water jets for the part near the end of Lion King segment

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

couldcareless posted:

Still waiting for the day when they secretly activate the water jets for the part near the end of Lion King segment

Guess I'm not the only one who instinctively puts his hands in front of the smell nozzles during that section of the show every once and awhile even though I should know better by now.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Quixotic1 posted:

Guess I'm not the only one who instinctively puts his hands in front of the smell nozzles during that section of the show every once and awhile even though I should know better by now.

Similarly, I can never remember whether it's Flight of Passage or Soarin' where the herd of giant mammals you're following has the effect where they collide with each other and shake the ride.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

who cares, it was a bog standard overpriced steakhouse.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The DLH steakhouse had a little prestige before DCA, when it was Granville's and it was the only place on property to have a fancy high-end dining experience like the ones all over WDW. However it's a windowless bore of a room in a world with Carthay Circle and Napa Rose.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Tim Whatley posted:

New tiki print just dropped for you fellow tiki nerds. From the dude who did the tiki bars across the US print.
https://spoke-art.com/collections/fine-art-prints/products/ian-glaubinger-exotic-elixirs

This is exactly what I needed in my dining room, thanks!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Hazo posted:

I adore Philharmagic but :agreed: the Lion King middle part is a snoozer and goes on way too long.

Oh come on, the song is a banger and I like the animation. The Little Mermaid segment is the one I don’t like as much, Ariel looks like an early-2000s Dreamworks character.

It always reminds me of the big posters they had up in Innoventions of the prototype Disney/SGI VR helmets and stuff, though.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
At EPCOT today and I just got rained on…

…while riding Spaceship Earth :eyepop:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bottom Liner posted:

Thanks Phoenicians.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

it was actually me hosing everybody down with hyperspace covid.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mviip9jxJBQ

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah when I say I got rained on I mean I was soaked and sitting in a pool. Cast members at the end were in a frenzy and asking where it happened and all.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 6, 2021

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah when I say I got rained on I mean I was soaked and sitting in a pool. Cast members at the end were in a frenzy and asking where it happened and all.

Turns out they have to bulldoze Splashship Earth because it's got a weak ceiling that could come down on guests at any moment. They'll be rebuilding it with a brand new storyline in 2049.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s fine. That ride is mega boring lmao.

I’ll never forget the disappointment. Cool object though.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
:frogout:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

😈

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
https://wdwnt.com/2021/07/disney-premier-access-likely-replacing-fastpass-at-walt-disney-world-and-disneyland-resort-soon/

Welcome to Walt Disney Flags

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...01210707210035C

Folks from Chicago are getting very mad about the Chicago style hot dog salad, which is very funny.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

They are correct

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
This is worse than people from the Chicago suburbs saying they're from Chicago. Quit stealing valor

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I'm from a Chicago burb we don't eat salads

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

For WDW that's probably a breaking point for me until I'm a billionaire because that's a lot per person per day. $18 x 6 is $108 just to do 3 fastpasses with my spouse per day. That's more than our meal budget usually is.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Tim Whatley posted:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...01210707210035C

Folks from Chicago are getting very mad about the Chicago style hot dog salad, which is very funny.

I assumed they would eventually go the way of Universal with the Express/Express Plus pass. LOL at paying per ride though. I will be using my DVC points at places other than WDW for a long long time now.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I hate it, but everyone seems to have issues with fp+ and as much as I love to game the system, I also can't ignore how bad it's making standby.

So, not sure if this is the lesser of 2 evils or not.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I don't want to overreact here, but this is not good. I'm already spending 2700 dollars on tickets for my next trip. Just the tickets. No way in hell I'm paying per person per ride fees for a fast pass.

I'll wait to see what happens, but if this happens at the Florida parks, it might be time to break up with WDW. A DLR trip costs me about 1/3 of a trip to WDW, and that's including maxpass. The kids are older now as well, other vacation destinations could be worth exploring. Trying hard not to be average disney internet poster about everything is being ruined.

Douchebag posted:

I assumed they would eventually go the way of Universal with the Express/Express Plus pass. LOL at paying per ride though. I will be using my DVC points at places other than WDW for a long long time now.

Rent them out for the best return. Trading them into RCI or whatever is usually not a great value for the points.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I would rather them just kill fastpass entirely, but letting the whales pay a crazy amount for special treatment (VIP guide was already this) and all but killing fastpass is a net positive to me. Fastpass became garbage over time, it was already almost useless in most parks that only let you get 1 big ride and 2 low tier attractions on it, but it caused backup and longer waits even in those tier 2 rides because people had them and wanted to use them. This makes standby better all around because fastpass was an absolute bottleneck of throughput and this will reduce overall time in lines per day for the average person a good bit IMO.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

As long as my experience continues of never waiting more than 30 minutes for a ride continues, idc what they do. Even if we just buy fast passes for slower lines. I have horrific memories waiting for 2 hrs for rides at Cedar Point and my wife said waiting in line in the 90s at WDW was awful.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

skipdogg posted:

Rent them out for the best return. Trading them into RCI or whatever is usually not a great value for the points.

Oh most definitely. We enjoy Vero/Hilton Head right now. In the future I will be renting them though.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Bottom Liner posted:

I would rather them just kill fastpass entirely, but letting the whales pay a crazy amount for special treatment (VIP guide was already this) and all but killing fastpass is a net positive to me. Fastpass became garbage over time, it was already almost useless in most parks that only let you get 1 big ride and 2 low tier attractions on it, but it caused backup and longer waits even in those tier 2 rides because people had them and wanted to use them. This makes standby better all around because fastpass was an absolute bottleneck of throughput and this will reduce overall time in lines per day for the average person a good bit IMO.

I would be ok with this as well. I liked fastpass because we were savvy and knew how to work the system, so we had an advantage over average park goers. I rather the playing field just be evened rather than going to another $$$$$ get special treatment.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Bottom Liner posted:

Well don't leave us hanging. What part of the ride was it?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Coming down the hill right before you turn back around.

Elsa's eastern edge looking to hit tonight/tomorrow, could see the parks close if they issue a warning.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Don't besmirch the good name of Six Flags, you only have to pay once for a Flash Pass. :colbert:

Also, 1 day Disneyland Paris tickets are significantly cheaper than WDW tickets. Checking the calendar, 1 Day tickets run about $80 for the summer and drop to $55 for weekdays in the September. The cheapest premiere pass is a smidge under $10. So, convert the lowest 1-day ticket at WDW ($110) and scale up the price of the premiere pass...would they seriously start these things at $20 per ride? And that only scales up with more in-demand attractions?

It's hard to say what percentage of guests are going and would be happy spending, like, double on their daily admissions to gobble up Fastest Passes. I think (hope) we'll see this shake out that the most in-demand attractions are lovely as they are today, with the benefit of lesser rides being easier to standby into (hopefully people are less stoked about paying $20+ a head for, say, Kili Safaris or Navi River Journey than Flight of Passage). And making those fastpass lines explicitly "here there be whales" will help for when the revolution hits while we're at WDW and need to guillotine someone on the double.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Is there any evidence this is coming to WDW yet aside from speculation? Given that most of the parks across the world have varying ways of dealing with express line services and that Disney already said their "Genie" online booking service is still coming soon which was pretty much designed to help navigate fp+, I'm willing to take a wait and see approach before reaching for my pitchfork

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

There is no evidence yet. One piece of evidence WDWNT uses for DL is that some of the kiosks for MaxPass have been removed. Yet at WDW, some of the FP kiosks have been turned on and signage uncovered.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
If wdwnt "country bears are getting shut down tomorrow" is the one originating the story and it's just being re-reported, I'm definitely gonna step back a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

It's just speculation at this point.