Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/CatrinaWriter/status/1410143374586302468

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't have a twitter account, someone tell this lady she just doxxed herself.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Paladinus posted:

I don't have a twitter account, someone tell this lady she just doxxed herself.

Seems like maybe she doxxed herself on the BBC2 Simon Reeve Cornwall Programme first.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Maybs just likes getting out and having some fun. Silly drinks and some wings at the bar, living her best life. justgirlthings.

what a radical dog!

If I was sitting across the bar, I'd totally ask the bartender to get that good girl over there another one, on me

e. I didn't notice the straw before lmao

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Code Jockey posted:

what a radical dog!

If I was sitting across the bar, I'd totally ask the bartender to get that good girl over there another one, on me

e. I didn't notice the straw before lmao

Maybs is thankfully a teatotaller, cuz she's apparently smarter than me. She does get a treat with every drink I get though, cuz it's only fair. Along with random treats cuz she begs adorably with her face/chin on the bar, giving the saddest puppy-dog eyes.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Happy Appaloosa

Backgammon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZPlz8buvJo

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jul 1, 2021

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
bill hader's impression of a dying tauntaun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Y8fH7Oghg&t=364s

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Honestly if I went on a date with someone and they gifted me cheese I would propose right there

You can't go wrong with a cheese gift (unless you're lactose intolerant)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Aren't those normally super expensive? That's a good gift

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

low key sex master posted:

Honestly if I went on a date with someone and they gifted me cheese I would propose right there

why go out for charcuterie when you got the whole wheel of cheese at home?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

LifeSunDeath posted:

why go out for charcuterie when you got the whole wheel of cheese at home?

Most of us aren't lucky enough to live in a cheese cave

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Most of us aren't lucky enough to live in a cheese cave

Imagine the smell.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

low key sex master posted:

I love me some cheese, but this seems a little far.

Now, if there was a pallet of crackers as the 2nd date gift, they are really showing some proper commitment to the bit

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Imagine the smell.

I imagine it would smell of cheese.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

RFC2324 posted:

I love me some cheese, but this seems a little far.

Now, if there was a pallet of crackers as the 2nd date gift, they are really showing some proper commitment to the bit

In this date scenario, I am the cracker

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

In this date scenario, I am the cracker

Are you hitting on me? :yaybutt:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Imagine the smell.

And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

cheese cant go bad

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Carthag Tuek posted:

cheese cant go bad

Can’t kill that which is already dead

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

ilmucche posted:

Aren't those normally super expensive? That's a good gift

Yeah whole cheese wheels are super expensive. I hope she likes cheese cuz she just hit thr jackpot.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

That you for posting that - I'd have had a terrible time trying to find it.

Once, when I managed a cheese shop, I was on the phone in the office and my brother rolled a 35kg wheel of Gruyere into the room to surprise me. It knocked a double socket off the wall and nearly broke my toes.

Bit of a personal #blessed story - my family and I are at the fag-end of the ten-day UK hotel quarantine for arrivals from a red country. It's been tough, but we've gotten through (most of) it.

But it's been tough - a 9-year-old, and an 11-year-old with learning difficulties have made sure of that! The hotel staff have been great - really helpful and accommodating. On about day three I got a call from the Food & Beverage manager, and he said, "We've got 50 inflated baloons that we don't need - would you like them?" So minutes later we received a delivery of the promised 50 inflated baloons, and we had a great time bouncing around, popping a few, batting them about.

A small thing, but it made the quarantine a bit more fun.

(Please excuse the mess. When you can't leave the room, standards drop.)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The what end

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
You know -

(Missed 69% battery life by 1% dammit.)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

A cigarette end, if you will. I thought after being immortalised in Clerks: The Animated Series, the fact that Brits call cigarettes fags is now known to pretty much everyone.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
It is but we call it the butt end in the States because uh of the connotation

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Sorry, should have chosen my words more carefully.

:smith:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Is the entire hotel carpeted like that?

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
The rooms are. Well, they're a mix of that and laminate. Seems to be (after googling) something called The Holstee Manifesto?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Paladinus posted:

A cigarette end, if you will. I thought after being immortalised in Clerks: The Animated Series, the fact that Brits call cigarettes fags is now known to pretty much everyone.

Weirdly enough the saying originally wasn't related to cigarettes at all, it's an archaic 14th century use of the word which means "the last piece of cloth on the roll/the last remnant". Etymologists think that "fag end" then became slang for cigar butts in the 19th century which evolved into the slang for cigarettes.

Idioms are often weird as hell.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Teach posted:

Seems to be (after googling) something called The Holstee Manifesto?

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm getting some strong live love laugh vibes from it.
I'd accept a Desiderata carpet though. If only because it would remind me of one of my favourite songs.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Weirdly enough the saying originally wasn't related to cigarettes at all, it's an archaic 14th century use of the word which means "the last piece of cloth on the roll/the last remnant". Etymologists think that "fag end" then became slang for cigar butts in the 19th century which evolved into the slang for cigarettes.

I always thought it just meant the last part of anything cause around here we say "rear end end". I'd never once thought of a cigarette butt when I heard that idiom.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
well that explains this curious thing i found the other day

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

huh, i always figured the cigar(-ette) sense came from the bundle of sticks etymology (as in kindling = a burning cigarette)

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Life is live your dream and share short your passion

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Butterfly Valley posted:

Life is live your dream and share short your passion

*marketing voice* too unwieldy for our new slogan. how about "shart your passion"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

You know, where Bilbo lives

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
BLessed or cursed? That depends on if you welcome our dancing robot overlord apocalypse or not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7atZfX85nd4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

You know, where Bilbo lives

Those rumors were started by the Sackville-Bagginses