Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
all i got in my bio is one sentence and its what gacha games i play, lol if you put your politics in your bio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
President Ice Cream

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Pussy Boss posted:

Voting should be as easy as possible. Why should you have to stand in line for hours on a Tuesday in one particular place? In my state they mail everyone their ballot, and we get like three weeks to drop it off at dozens of locations at our convenience, or just mail it back in. What the gently caress is a "precinct", anyway, and why does it matter in 2021? That type of restriction has one purpose: to make it harder to vote.

the precinct is the area in which you live and have registered as a voter we use the precinct system to prevent people from voting more than once while i guess we could hypothetically devise a new system where precincts dont matter and people can just vote in person at whatever place they want that seems like the kind of idea that would create considerably more problems than it solves

also note that the ruling under discussion doesnt actually affect mail in voting except to the extent you have to mail the ballot in yourself or with the assistance of a person you personally know it just prevents ballot harvesting a practice im honestly surprised was ever legal to begin with because it sounds shady as all hell

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Shipon posted:

all i got in my bio is one sentence and its what gacha games i play, lol if you put your politics in your bio

filling out my twitter bio like service ribbons on a general's uniform like a complete psycho

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

by god you will know every dull aspect of my life from my harry potter house to which vaccine i got to whatever hodgepodge of an idealogy i just made up 3 months ago

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/IntelDoge/status/1410705270041423872?s=20

the harm reduction candidate

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

life reduction candidate

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1410625465266626562
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1410735155786895364

motherfucking George Takei in the replies

I HATE THE DEMOCRATS!!!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Smythe posted:

i will take all their places. especially shoe cleaning duty. thank you ill take my responses off the air

:hmmyes:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Parity warning posted:

every single twitter bio written in that format makes the person sound insufferable literally no matter which words are in there

24 is far too old to be like that. The whole "being enamored by applying labels to yourself" thing shouldn't last beyond ~20 or so for most normal people.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lets all die irl lmfao

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Smythe posted:

lets all die irl lmfao

way ahead of you

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"tough" also known as "bloodthirsty"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Super Tough Leader: *narrows eyes hard decisionishly at the monitor* Retaliate in the easiest and most genocidal way possible

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lol got David Weissman in the replies. All the worthless blue check marks are there and very angry.

Actual Trump voters are more welcome than anyone that is critical in any way.

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 11:12 on Jul 2, 2021

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/Gritty20202/status/1410440009740689409?s=19

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Me: Rape is bad

Democrats: Yes, of course

Me: It's bad even when Joe Biden does it

Democrats:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Joe Biden is so dreamy that it is physically impossible to resist him.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

even in my lovely texas county you don't have to vote in your precinct. any polling place in the county, you show up, you can vote there. probably way easier to do this with voting machines rather than paper ballots.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

lobster shirt posted:

even in my lovely texas county you don't have to vote in your precinct. any polling place in the county, you show up, you can vote there. probably way easier to do this with voting machines rather than paper ballots.

Do you have to do an absentee ballot if you don't go to your precinct?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/tombomp/status/1410926136612245508

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The secret to success is to get third parties to run specifically against your poo poo candidates and split the vote

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Smythe posted:

lets all die irl lmfao

let's not

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Awesome, I hope WPGB kneecaps labour for a generation

George galloway is almost as correct as Glenn greenwald

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

lobster shirt posted:

thats weird. in illinois i went to early vote once , where there's fewer precincts to go to. i had just moved and they ask ok, whats your address, and i say i just moved to X , but hadn't updated the voter registry. so they told me i couldn't vote there and had to go to another early voting place

i asked the lady what she would do if i got back in line to vote and went to another guy and told him i lived at address that matched my voter info, because they can't check id, and she said she'd throw me out

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the policy differs a lot state by state ironically red states tend to have more flexible options on this than blue states do texas has an opt in program where counties can let you vote anywhere in the country and arizona has special voting centers that just ignore the precinct restrictions entirely

more important than voter fraud prevention is that different precincts tend to have different ballots for local races so its not a rule that was made up just to be racist and of course you can easily bypass all this bullshit entirely by just requesting an absentee ballot

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Twenty years, trillions of dollars, and tens of thousands of lives.

At least it's over.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/davelevinthal/status/1410569675541516295

congresspeople keep doing retirement activities on the clock and getting praise for it

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Thoguh posted:

Do you have to do an absentee ballot if you don't go to your precinct?

no you just vote as normal. i have voted on the way home from work before.

but like i said in this county we use electronic voting machines so there's probably some back end technology magic where they input your name and registered address and it pulls up the ballot for your "assigned" precinct.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

you can vote in the wrong district in NY with a provisional ballot but I think they toss out most of them

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

provisional ballots are toilet paper

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

a provisional ballot means "give this person a piece of paper so they don't cause a scene"

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

... based garrison?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/davelevinthal/status/1410569675541516295

congresspeople keep doing retirement activities on the clock and getting praise for it

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
ngl I kinda want to read that wine intern article.

hello c-spam? I’d like to speak to the person paying for a businessinsider.com account? sure yes I’ll hold, thank you

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1410654144365350913

i have really been scratching my head with this talking point that its an outrageously onerous burden to expect voters to vote in their own precinct

like how exactly are people voting that doesnt involve them first checking up on where their precinct is do they just drive by random polling places on election day and go hmmm forgot today was election day just gonna pop in real fast and vote and maybe get some free cookies
Because not everybody has a comfy office job where they can post on the internet all day and can roll up at 10am if they want to vote near their house.

Some people have commutes and hours long enough that they don't have time to get to their home precinct after work before the polls close. Some people don't even have reliable transportation.

Some Guy TT posted:

the precinct is the area in which you live and have registered as a voter we use the precinct system to prevent people from voting more than once while i guess we could hypothetically devise a new system where precincts dont matter and people can just vote in person at whatever place they want that seems like the kind of idea that would create considerably more problems than it solves

Have you heard of computers dude. They don't have to put all the ballots in saddlebags and ride them across town to collect them all and confirm nobody voted twice.

I can vote in any precinct in my county, when I check in my info is pulled from the county voter database, the computer generates a custom ballot with my local races on it, and I'm checked off in the database so I can't go to the next precinct and vote again because they can see I already voted.

E: ngl it is extremely funny when someone on the internet tells me that a system I've used for years is a purely hypothetical idea that is so problematic it's likely impossible to ever make it work

VitalSigns has issued a correction as of 15:21 on Jul 2, 2021

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Parity warning posted:

every single twitter bio written in that format makes the person sound insufferable literally no matter which words are in there

people who can boil their personalities down to a series of descriptors and hashtags do not have much of a "bio" to begin with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Parity warning posted:

i'll make exceptions for stuff like the nichael version of I'M COMPLICATED

my dota mmr is the highest it's been since i've started playing again btw