Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I’m pretty sure they will, if only to be able to generate more likeness royalty money for his family.

Also -1 should be playable and the only level 100 character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
For AEW legends they should be able to do:

- Arn
- Tully
- Malenko
- Jerry Lynn
- Brodie
- Paul Wight
- Mark Henry
- Taz
- DDP

Dusty and Jake Roberts may still be tied up with 2K. I think they were both in Battlegrounds. The Rock and Rolls would be good to add too if they aren’t affiliated with 2K. And put Glacier in too just for fun.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

CopywrightMMXI posted:

For AEW legends they should be able to do:

- Arn
- Tully
- Malenko
- Jerry Lynn
- Brodie
- Paul Wight
- Mark Henry
- Taz
- DDP

Dusty and Jake Roberts may still be tied up with 2K. I think they were both in Battlegrounds. The Rock and Rolls would be good to add too if they aren’t affiliated with 2K. And put Glacier in too just for fun.

I know he has nothing to do with AEW outside of training Cage, but if Glacier is in it I want Mortis to be in it too

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

was trying to figure out who Rolls was and why The Rock would be in an AEW game :doh:

EDIT: also they need to add Brickowski

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I wonder if Pineapple Pete made enough of an impact to get in the game.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CaptainApathyUK posted:

I was thinking about the console game the other day in a "Hmm, who would I play as first?" kinda way - and honestly I couldn't decide. I love how stupidly full of great people this roster is and assuming the main game mechanics are solid I can't wait to try every drat character.

My first singles guy will be Hangman.

But for the tag titles, I'm going with Agents Orange, the unstoppable team of Orange Cassidy and Wardlow.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I’d probably play as Cage and Fenix first due to having insane move sets, but I’m very curious how/if they try to translate Cassidy in the game. Maybe they’ll bring back the combo feature from WCW World Tour except orange’s are all just light shin kicks.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If they allow custom music, the first thing I'm doing is putting Kazarian and Kip Sabian in a tag team with entrance music by Kasabian.

The second thing I'm doing is putting Brian Cage, Adam Page, Ethan Page, and Christian Cage in a stable called CAGEPAGE.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

sticklefifer posted:

If they allow custom music
I don't think that's really been a thing after the PS3/360 generation, outside of modding. The current consoles let you play music from the dashboard during a game and that's about it, which works for racing games and such but not so much for wrestling.

It's a shame too, because that was always such a great feature.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
WWE Battlegrounds is slated to be one July’s ps+ free games

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Not a wrestling game but lol

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1567390/Wrestling_Superstar_Rob_Van_Dam__Playable_Character/

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

But he’s a nice guy who loves the green?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

this game was released 6 years ago and just got RVD themed DLC????

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

this game was released 6 years ago and just got RVD themed DLC????

They are also developing a game called “The Wrestling Code” that’s licensed a bunch of indie guys and ECW originals

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dacap posted:

They are also developing a game called “The Wrestling Code” that’s licensed a bunch of indie guys and ECW originals

oh those guys lmao. all i've seen from them is naming all these wrestlers they apparently signed for the game

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The wrestling code is standing by while Randy shits in bags

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

oh those guys lmao. all i've seen from them is naming all these wrestlers they apparently signed for the game

I think they also showed one of their mocap renders and the guy they chose to use was nZo lol

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

You also left out "blocking people on Twitter who ask anything about the game"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they blocked me for asking, "will there be any accessibility options in the game?" because of an undisclosed condition a family member has.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Wrestle Empire now available on Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1620340/Wrestling_Empire/

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

New indie wrestling game, really early in development from a first time dev. It takes inspiration from the PS2 era of games, and they name Rumble Roses as specific inspiration. Rumble Roses had solid as a rock gameplay and great presentation, so I’m keeping an eye on this one.

https://twitter.com/Violent_Sirens/status/1409481716566171649?s=20
https://twitter.com/Violent_Sirens/status/1409692982014402561?s=20

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

CopywrightMMXI posted:

WWE Battlegrounds is slated to be one July’s ps+ free games

Okay so I saw that and laughed our loud IRL but is it actually...a decent game?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

isn’t that the f2p mobile bullshit game that they switched to being a full price console game because there’s no 2k game this year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

isn’t that the f2p mobile bullshit game that they switched to being a full price console game because there’s no 2k game this year

And that kept glitching out too ridiculously/often unplayably, even for newLegacy to want to deal with for more than a few streams

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Yeah it should’ve been free to begin with. Even at zero dollars it’s a questionable use of your time.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
2k continues to have its most broken poo poo on sale while 2k19 etc. are still full price :laffo:

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
They know it’s the only available offering anyone in their right mind would buy.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

To be fair, 2k19 is... the good... the less bad one???
The best one of the last couple years, which I guess since I don't think too highly of the 2k games doesn't mean much.

2k19 is the one most justified to cost anything, despite being old. I still wouldn't pay that much for it now.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I haven't truly enjoyed 2k's CAW modes since the PS2 days, when they'd let me change all the animations and make the limbs all different lengths and sizes.

I had a fat green guy in a wizard hat and a Darth Vader rebreather who had one tiny arm that would always spin in circles, one giant long arm with a huge hand, and little skinny legs that he'd run around on like a ballet dancer.

His name was Weets McGoo and I miss him.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

I haven't truly enjoyed 2k's CAW modes since the PS2 days, when they'd let me change all the animations and make the limbs all different lengths and sizes.

I had a fat green guy in a wizard hat and a Darth Vader rebreather who had one tiny arm that would always spin in circles, one giant long arm with a huge hand, and little skinny legs that he'd run around on like a ballet dancer.

His name was Weets McGoo and I miss him.

Can't have that in a modern WWE game, that might be fun. Like gimmick matches that aren't bogged down with awful mini games.

Also why did they make getting out of the Cell such a pain in the rear end to do? Hell in a Cell matches were only fun because of out of the cell shenanigans.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

joylessdivision posted:

Can't have that in a modern WWE game, that might be fun. Like gimmick matches that aren't bogged down with awful mini games.

Also why did they make getting out of the Cell such a pain in the rear end to do? Hell in a Cell matches were only fun because of out of the cell shenanigans.
Having to do everything in a painfully contrived manner is simply being faithful to irl WWE matches

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

Having to do everything in a painfully contrived manner is simply being faithful to irl WWE matches

This is unironically the actual reason. I'm not even kidding here.

It might be a decade or so ago at this point but some spokesperson or developer said that WWE wants everything to feel more like an actual WWE show so all of their design decisions were informed by that. They might have meant the presentation specifically at the time but once they had to tell Vince they can't have that many camera cuts in a video game they probably had to satisfy the whole thing by doing other stuff that sucked.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The career mode (from what I've played/seen of it) was very faithful to the WWE experience. No matter what decision your character makes, it doesn't matter in the least. The outcome is already made for you.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I want to say it was 2k15 or something, but I remember a career mode where I was unable to get out of NXT because I wasn't doing enough of the exact same signature moves that popped the crowd. So yeah, that tracks. They even train you to wrestle the generic WWE style in their games.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

This is unironically the actual reason. I'm not even kidding here.

It might be a decade or so ago at this point but some spokesperson or developer said that WWE wants everything to feel more like an actual WWE show so all of their design decisions were informed by that. They might have meant the presentation specifically at the time but once they had to tell Vince they can't have that many camera cuts in a video game they probably had to satisfy the whole thing by doing other stuff that sucked.

Oh god you're right I do vaguely remember that. Mostly around why they removed intergender wrestling completely (I want to say that was SDvsRaw 2008 or maybe earlier) and then when intergender tag matches were added they were really really lovely tag matches with extra mechanics that made instant DQ for touching the opposite gender performer a thing.

If 2K20 hadn't been such a broken piece of poo poo, all that goofy rear end DLC they added would have actually been really fun. It's like they got the "Let's make wrestling games silly and fun again" part right with the goofy DLC, but then completely poo poo the bed with literally everything else.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Ganso Bomb posted:

I know he has nothing to do with AEW outside of training Cage, but if Glacier is in it I want Mortis to be in it too

*clears throat* if this individual gets Mortis then I would like Gangrel, thank you

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

If you're in the mood for something stupid, newLEGACYinc is about to sim tomorrow's MITB!

https://twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Well they made a custom Lily/Alexa and her hair has attained sentience

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jul 18, 2021

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

This game's a fuckin' nightmare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Charlotte's entrance was interrupted so she's doing the match in her robe

And then it cut away for a second and it was gone