Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I can’t believe McFarlane sent out the JL without Batman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
What is the best way for me to get my hands on that Batman TAS grapnel without paying a scalper? I read it is temporarily exclusive to Wal-Mart, but it doesn't show up in their normal inventory on their website. We'll it eventually show up their to either ship or pick up in store? I'm not super keen on the idea of stopping by multiple times a week to check the shelves either.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

deoju posted:

What is the best way for me to get my hands on that Batman TAS grapnel without paying a scalper? I read it is temporarily exclusive to Wal-Mart, but it doesn't show up in their normal inventory on their website. We'll it eventually show up their to either ship or pick up in store? I'm not super keen on the idea of stopping by multiple times a week to check the shelves either.

Supposedly the exclusivity isn’t that long and it will be available wide after that. That is what NECA is saying at least.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQtcPFCLYoK/

NECA showed off their Chrome Dome figure. I love the size of it, but it's going to be an easy pass for me since it's not actually metallic looking.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Burkion posted:

I'm waiting with baited breath for the MMPR stuff on Tuesday.

Goldar looks fantastic, extremely suit accurate. I'm really hoping the T-Rex embraces the suit VS the model as well but what we've seen looks good.

The only thing I fear now is the Rangers. This is going into such a different direction than anything Super7 has done before, I'm very curious to see how they translate them. One of the biggest reasons I could not get into the LC Hasbro line was how the Rangers looked- all the men and women shared the exact same body type, which is a huge problem when different Rangers have very different looks. The Green Ranger had no neck due to having a stocky body, when the actual actor in the suit (both JDF and the Japanese stunt men) were relatively slender. There were other reasons, but it mostly comes down to aesthetics for me. I want what I pay for to look good on my shelf but still have a bit of play.

Super7 is the best shot at that. I'm going to be very let down if they go with the super muscle look. I don't think they will but worries and all that. Worst comes to worst, I get the monsters and pair them up with the Godzilla line next year.

That's the other big one. Godzilla is going to be very interesting to see how they do it- notably the tails. There's a lot more articulation there than I think I've seen in anything else they've done, unless they do something else.
Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. Love good articulation but only if it looks good on a shelf, and LC doesn't. I also love the accessories s7 comes with because I love to mix up my displays, I don't leave anything in the same pose for more than a few weeks or so.

Very happy with the reveal today. This is the MMPR series I've wanted. At least SHF 1.0 quality but with more than rangers, and tons of accessories. Mr. Tinklesneezer!

https://preorder.super7store.com/collections/mighty-morphin-power-rangers-ultimates-wave-1-figures

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Star Guarded posted:

Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. Love good articulation but only if it looks good on a shelf, and LC doesn't. I also love the accessories s7 comes with because I love to mix up my displays, I don't leave anything in the same pose for more than a few weeks or so.

Very happy with the reveal today. This is the MMPR series I've wanted. At least SHF 1.0 quality but with more than rangers, and tons of accessories. Mr. Tinklesneezer!

https://preorder.super7store.com/collections/mighty-morphin-power-rangers-ultimates-wave-1-figures

Until I saw these I had no idea there were two Yellow Rangers. I was a big MMPR kid, but I guess I must have stopped watching before the second one was introduced.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

In one of the several interviews I've watched with Brian Flynn from Super 7, he explained that the yellow ranger had to be in wave one because his daughter was a big fan and had a really cool interaction with the actress (I couldn't say which one!) at some fan convention years ago... it was a cute story, and another reason to root for Super 7. That guy has his heart in the right place.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nerd Of Prey posted:

In one of the several interviews I've watched with Brian Flynn from Super 7, he explained that the yellow ranger had to be in wave one because his daughter was a big fan and had a really cool interaction with the actress (I couldn't say which one!) at some fan convention years ago... it was a cute story, and another reason to root for Super 7. That guy has his heart in the right place.

Sadly, unless his daughter is older than I expect, I can say which one.

Thuy Trang passed in 2001 a few days before 9/11 in a car accident. One of the bitter things about being a PR fan. But, these do look awesome. The Rangers aren't the bestest Ranger toys ever made, but for what I want, they're perfect. I have a hard preference for the 7 inch scale and these look really good. For as many crazy poses as the LC can do, they also can't hold them without a stand. These guys, whatever pose you get them in, they should be able to stand without issue doing it. And in some cases, they can do pretty much the same thing as the LC. Goldar, I'm looking at you.

The toyetic accessories are a blast- I'm going to slap that toy dragon shield on Yellow and see how it looks- but the Putty is the real winner. For those inclined to army build, you basically get two different Putties in one package. I feel very sorry for you lot. Its an awesome combination of stuff, and now everyone gets a free cowboy hat and scarf to pass around your NECA scale guys.

The biggest draw is without question the two big boys. Goldar is great and the Tyranno Zord is pure chonk perfection. Perfect recreation of the suit, and it makes me excited to see what they do going forward with them. If this is how they're going to do the Godzilla line, chonk plastic bliss, I'm going to be very happy.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Gridknight from Dynazenon version shown. I still prefer the more vibrant colors from Gridman,

I prefer the previous colours too, the Tsuburaya shop exclusive comes with 3 extra photocards of the live action gridknight and dynazenon suits though that are pretty rad:
https://store.m-78.jp/products/4580590125223

Has there been any word about what Takara is going to make for them? i want a SUPER KAISER KING DRAGON GRIDKNIGHT but I'm a bit scared off of the GSC version after all the issues the Gridman DX had.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Are the Super7 zords going to be able to transform into the megazord?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Those look great and I'm glad I'm largely out of toy buying other than an occasional ML because I'd be buying the entire line.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Are the Super7 zords going to be able to transform into the megazord?

They're focusing on suit accuracy over gimmicks, so no. Unless they're hiding a surprise.

Just as well, there are quite a few figures that can combine, but there are none of the solo zords.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I haven't followed power rangers since the 90s but I would definitely buy a hasbro release of the pirate rangers if they ever happen. Really cool design.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Not an action figure, but I just got an unexpected bonus at work and decided to save most of it. But! I did decide to splurge on one thing:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Does anyone collect Rocky Balboa figures? My mom's friend has a vintage MOC one she wants me to sell. IT's from a company called Phoenix Toys. It looks like this:

That's just a picture I found on GIS and not the actual toy but of course I will take pictures of the actual one if anyone is interested. I figured I'd try and sell it directly to a goon rather than loving with ebay.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Nanigans posted:

Not an action figure, but I just got an unexpected bonus at work and decided to save most of it. But! I did decide to splurge on one thing:

The best choice :c00l:

I got this dead stock Guillotinna today. Almost 20 years old iirc

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Never heard of that character but I like her already.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Never heard of that character but I like her already.

She was an original character by artist Yasushi Nirasawa. He did a ton of design works for various models, toku shows, video games, movies, etc. This line also had great figures like a Frankenstein’s monster girl, Creature from the Black Lagoon girl, and more. Guillotinna and Nina (seen below) were two of his more popular characters.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Master of Disguise Zartan

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1410550356191453194?s=21

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Did anyone need Flint? I'll probably take it back today otherwise.

I also grabbed a Skelegod to add to the pile of "things I never open and just sell in six months"

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Got the new McFarlane Justice League 2021 movie Cyborg, he rules pretty hard.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
I am all in on this King Shark:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/McFarlane-Toys-Suicide-Squad-King-Shark-Megafig-Collectible-Action-Figure-Walmart-Exclusive/689231913

Here's hoping Walmart doesn't cancel my preorder.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So he's a BAF and a single carded figure? That's neat!

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/DanYunIsTrying/status/1410630296194715650?s=20

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Now I just need a 1/12 scale semi-truck for him to drive

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

I wasn't tempted by the first Zartan, but I kind of love this. I know I'm not going to get it, but I think it's a big improvement. I wish I could have the gun for my Roadblock and the Snake Eyes head for my all-black Snake Eyes, but the head, bow, and quiver (Arashikage symbol and all) give me so much hope for the inevitable classic Storm Shadow.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

I need this:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

These guys look great!! Barret is especially impressive in person, the figure has a lot of weight to it and the likeness is very well done.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Yeah! Those figures rule... It's hard to capture the majesty of them in photos.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Neat! Found a God Doom out in the wild! Now I can cancel the pre order on Amazon!

Still no luck on the grappler gun though :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I wasn’t expecting NEXTwave ever again but ok.

https://twitter.com/agentm/status/1410991660461219844

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would have been extremely excited about this previously but with Ellis being outed as a huge piece of poo poo I can't get on board.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

Ellis being outed as a huge piece of poo poo

Tell me more

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Xenomrph posted:

Tell me more

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/jul/13/women-speak-out-about-warren-ellis-transmetropolitan

Women speak out about Warren Ellis: 'Full and informed consent was impossible'
This article is more than 11 months old

Scores of women are publishing details of their relationships with the Transmetropolitan writer, who they say offered mentorship in exchange for sexual contact. But they don’t want him cancelled – they want a conversation

In June this year, as scores of young women began to publicly make allegations about the behaviour of men in senior positions in comics and science fiction writing, several women began to speak about their relationships with Ellis, some dating back to the early 2000s.

Now, more than 60 women have come together to launch the website So Many of Us, to document their concurrent relationships with Ellis and encourage others to come forward. They allege that Ellis has pursued sexual relationships with a staggering number of his female fans, all the while deceiving them about the number of relationships he was in; based on the account of these women, it appears he was maintaining at least 19 relationships simultaneously at one point in 2009.

A lot more in article.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Would Ellis even get anything from that action figure set, though? Not disputing the fact that he's a piece of poo poo but Nextwave wasn't a creator-owned book, was it?

Edit: Don't want to insinuate that this would be the only reason someone wouldn't want to have anything associated with Ellis on their shelf. Upon second thought I can understand why owning something derived from his work might be distasteful.

Splint Chesthair fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 2, 2021

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Pretty sure it’s a Marvel property, no?

Does Marvel even have “creator owned” books?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marvel infamously doesn’t pay royalties.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Anyone find Masterverse at Walmart this week?

Zoodpipe
Jun 24, 2004

This is an important call. So, shut the fuck up.
Fallen Rib

Joe Fisto posted:

Anyone find Masterverse at Walmart this week?

Not at Walmart but found Skelegod and Battle Cat at Target this week. They must have been just put out - they were low on an end cap and not with the regular figures.

Edit : Both of these figures are available to order on Target’s website now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Splint Chesthair posted:

Would Ellis even get anything from that action figure set, though? Not disputing the fact that he's a piece of poo poo but Nextwave wasn't a creator-owned book, was it?

It wasn't creator owned, it was supposed to be a "Warren Ellis writes for 12 issues then passes it to another creator" book, but he changed his mind and was gonna do a second run, but it got cancelled because it didn't sell enough to cover his and Stuart Immonen's rates.

He was a top-level writer at a time when exclusive deals were big, he possibly got something in his deal relating to credit or royalties for characters he created, but I'd be guessing.

I want that Captain figure, I want it, and I'll never get it and I'm mad.