Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
This woman came in to bury her daughter, who was gunned down in front of her other, 6-year-old daughter.
I automatically said, "how ya doin?"
"I'm trying to hold it together."
Woof.

My years of retail customer interaction have cursed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Achtane posted:

This woman came in to bury her daughter, who was gunned down in front of her other, 6-year-old daughter.
Woof.

That could be seen as genuinely caring though. Maybe?

xcheopis

Achtane posted:

Woof.

One of the CHOWs with whom I work told me that part of their training is to never ask our clients "How's it going?" and other, similar, light-conversation. They're homeless and need medical care - it's usually not going well! Instead, she says some variation on "How can I help you today?", so I'm trying to do that, too.
I think of this as similar to switching my stock phrase of "Do you need help with that?" to "Would you like some help?" (context is usually public transit and someone elderly or otherwise visibly struggling to board/exit).

Ass-penny

Achtane posted:

Woof.

:ohno:

Woof is right. On the plus side

cruft posted:

That could be seen as genuinely caring though. Maybe?

or she's too shocked from the event to really focus on your faux pas?

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Yeah, I wasn't actually the one processing her stuff, so it was more in passing, but still. I definitely have to rethink the way I present stuff. I haven't had to do the whole relative walkthrough thing yet, so at least there's time to practice.

Escape From Noise

My coworker and I both showed up today to brew basically a homebrew size batch of beer. All we knew is that it had bread in it. Both of us thought the other new what the recipe was going to be in more detail other than a text in a group chat from our boss that just said it was the wheat beer with bread in it. Turns out neither of us knew what was going on so we went to Lawson for a loaf of white bread and now we're just going to brew the wheat beer with bread in it. That's some great management! Lol! Just so glad I'm getting out of here.

Finger Prince

Escape From Noise posted:

My coworker and I both showed up today to brew basically a homebrew size batch of beer. All we knew is that it had bread in it. Both of us thought the other new what the recipe was going to be in more detail other than a text in a group chat from our boss that just said it was the wheat beer with bread in it. Turns out neither of us knew what was going on so we went to Lawson for a loaf of white bread and now we're just going to brew the wheat beer with bread in it. That's some great management! Lol! Just so glad I'm getting out of here.

That reminded me of a summer job I had as a teenager, lasted all of one day. It was as a general dogsbody at a driving range. Owner/manager/whatever put up a shed and told me to go to the hardware store and pick up some stain and brushes and stain it. I ask him what kind of stain? He says cedar stain. So off I go, buy a few tins of cedar stain, come back, paint the shed. He comes back in the afternoon, sees the shed and is livid! What the hell is this!? You painted it orange??
You said cedar stain, I bought cedar stain. It's orange. I don't know what to say. He fired me on the spot, but at least has the decency to pay me some cash for the day's work.

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

That reminded me of a summer job I had as a teenager, lasted all of one day. It was as a general dogsbody at a driving range. Owner/manager/whatever put up a shed and told me to go to the hardware store and pick up some stain and brushes and stain it. I ask him what kind of stain? He says cedar stain. So off I go, buy a few tins of cedar stain, come back, paint the shed. He comes back in the afternoon, sees the shed and is livid! What the hell is this!? You painted it orange??
You said cedar stain, I bought cedar stain. It's orange. I don't know what to say. He fired me on the spot, but at least has the decency to pay me some cash for the day's work.

Yeah. In this scenario the owner probably doesn't give much of a poo poo. TBF I don't either.

Escape From Noise

The owner is having a meeting with a few employees and an consultant about exporting to Thailand, The Philippines, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Macau, Australia, the US, The UK, Singapore, and maybe France and Spain. Our largest system ATM is 600 liters, and the new brewery he's planning is 2000 liters with like three fermentation vessels and a brite tank. Lol, that's a MASSIVE overreach.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 2, 2021

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

The owner is having a meeting with a few employees and an consultant about exporting to Thailand, The Philippines, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Macau, Australia, the US, The UK, Singapore, and maybe France and Spain. Our largest system ATM is 600 liters, and the new brewery he's planning is 2000 liters with like three fermentation vessels and a brite tank. Lol, that's a MASSIVE overreach.

So, I take it your current boss is actually a malignant narcissist. Because that's the kind of delusions of grandeur and overreach I expect from that.

Lol also good luck exporting rn my good orb because I don't even need to tell you what a nightmare that is even if you have the staff and production capacity.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

So, I take it your current boss is actually a malignant narcissist. Because that's the kind of delusions of grandeur and overreach I expect from that.

Lol also good luck exporting rn my good orb because I don't even need to tell you what a nightmare that is even if you have the staff and production capacity.

It's possible. I dunno. Sometimes it feels more like it's a cargo cult approach to success.

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Forgot my badge and I get here earlier than everyone else so now I'm going to have to work later :(

cruft

Zurtilik posted:

Forgot my badge and I get here earlier than everyone else so now I'm going to have to work later :(

That's the worst 😞

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
IT'S FRIDAY EVERYONE

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Listenin to some darkwave
It's thunderin outside
Enterin dead people's info into some giant old-rear end books
Already dreading Monday before the weekend starts
Drinkin from my giant flowery grandma mug

Truly it is friday

Finger Prince

Achtane posted:

IT'S FRIDAY EVERYONE

Monday here.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Finger Prince posted:

Monday here.

I'm so sorry.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Every day is Monday in the US, forever.

Finger Prince

Achtane posted:

I'm so sorry.

It's all good, I just had 5 days off. Fireworks kept me up last night though, had to get earplugs. Good thing I have coffee.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I don't even really like fireworks anymore because I just worry about animals and people with PTSD. Earplugs are a must, always. And little CBD gummies for the doggies.

Hey check this out

Oof
I saw another one that listed "bay rum poisoning" as the cause of death. Apparently Bay Rum was some kind of old timey cologne/antiseptic/deodorant that was pretty much straight ethanol , and this dude must have tried to get hosed up on it during Prohibition or something.

Finger Prince

Achtane posted:

I don't even really like fireworks anymore because I just worry about animals and people with PTSD. Earplugs are a must, always. And little CBD gummies for the doggies.

Hey check this out

Oof
I saw another one that listed "bay rum poisoning" as the cause of death. Apparently Bay Rum was some kind of old timey cologne/antiseptic/deodorant that was pretty much straight ethanol , and this dude must have tried to get hosed up on it during Prohibition or something.

I love fireworks, but the ones that just make bangs and flashes are pointless and annoying, and unfortunately that describes a lot of the consumer grade stuff that people let off at 11-12pm when you have to get up at 5am. Why can't people just fire Roman candles at eachother like sensible, responsible pyromaniacs?

Escape From Noise

I work shifts because the owner is a massive rear end in a top hat who has no idea what he's doing, so I'm working on the weekend. Lol. We have nothing to do tomorrow because the malt that some idiot made from their lovely grain isn't fermentable. Lol
This clownshoe rear end production.

Ass-penny

Yeah it's Friday but I just had my two days off so I'm going to work in about 30 minutes here. I normally don't drive on Fridays but if I'm reading the picture I took of the schedule right I am driving tonight. I wish my car had AC, it's in the high 80s and humid as balls. I'm sick of fireworks. They are just so pointless.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Farecoal

There he go

Mormon Nailer posted:

Lol my boss just realized it's still a pandemic so I don't have to go to Vietnam for work this fall

Is that a yearly thing you have to do?

Farecoal

There he go

Achtane posted:

IT'S FRIDAY EVERYONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UnK5rw_6hM

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Farecoal posted:

Is that a yearly thing you have to do?

Supposed to be, but lol I haven't had to do it yet because there's been a pandemic since I took over a lot of the company running stuff. I'm supposed to go all over the place, but, well.

I got an email from him asking me if I would rather go to Bali or Brunei instead and I just sent back the COVID statistics and he says "oh, right, I forgot."

Yeah okay buddy this is why I took over most of the things.

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

Supposed to be, but lol I haven't had to do it yet because there's been a pandemic since I took over a lot of the company running stuff. I'm supposed to go all over the place, but, well.

I got an email from him asking me if I would rather go to Bali or Brunei instead and I just sent back the COVID statistics and he says "oh, right, I forgot."

I heard there's a lot of soap sales opportunities on the moon

Finger Prince

Mormon Nailer posted:

I'll go to Bali for you. I've had both my shots. I can't sell for poo poo and would do nothing more than drink and swim in the ocean and eat fresh seafood, but I know how to book a hotel and file expenses.

Finger Prince

I feel like those should be good resume skills.
💥Proven ability to book own accommodations using a variety of portals.
💥Capable of claiming expenses for meals, transportation, accommodation and sundries.
💥Able to come out ahead on both of the above, but not so much that it's taking the piss.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Yeah I'm fully vaccinated but I'm loving not going anywhere other than my parents house, my boyfriend's house and work until people get their poo poo together or we're all dead from whatever super mutation is happening and nobody at my job send to get that.

xcheopis

I was so so fortunate to have spent the last 15 months working in a conference room piled high with PPE and all manner of sanitizing options. Seriously. I was able to help my immediate family and housemate, too. Getting vaccinated was awesome but the tricky bit was surviving until then!

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Escape From Noise

Pretty much nothing to do today. Glad I have to work six days in a row for this bullshit.

Aeromancia

Mormon Nailer posted:

Yeah I'm fully vaccinated but I'm loving not going anywhere other than my parents house, my boyfriend's house and work until people get their poo poo together or we're all dead from whatever super mutation is happening and nobody at my job send to get that.

Working at my retail pharmacy these last 15 months has proven to me that there are some people you just cannot help, they'd rather just be idiots and get sick. One of my technicians refused to get the vaccine, even though she had multiple kids and elderly family members, was that if she got it she didn't have to wear it while counting meds.

Escape From Noise

Recently I bottle of beer that was under carbonated, I didn't really realize it because I wasn't as careful about sampling as I probably would have been had I cared. When I did a sample I thought it seemed fine, but it was a pretty quick sample, and I always forget that the owner here always wants beer completely over carbonated. My coworker called to apologize and explain the situation. Basically, he had attached a CO2 tank that was almost empty, and the beer came out under carbonated because it ran out before it could fully hit the mark. I don't blame him, mistakes happen, I should have caught it.

Anyways, the customer still wanted the beer, but they wanted him to dump the beer back into the keg, re-carbonat it, then rebottle it. My coworker tried to explain to them that that was a bad idea, but since the owner probably is fine with it, or is encouraging it, it went ahead today. I know not all of you are Brewers or anything, but that's a really bad idea. That beer is going to taste like licking an envelope within a month because of dissolved oxygen. loving amazing.

Finger Prince

I'm the only one in the office today so I can play my tunes out loud and shake my butt all I like.

Finger Prince

Twooo moooorrrrree houuuurrrrsssssss llllleeeeeeefffftttttttttttttt aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Escape From Noise

Two more days left of this six day shift. I have a seven day one in two weeks. This loving place!

Finger Prince

gently caress office clothes.

Escape From Noise

I squeezed into older work pants, which I couldn't do a while ago so, while I'm still fatter than three years ago, I'm skinnier than I was a little bit ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

I was supposed to go to bed early last night and it ended up being late and now I can barely stay awake, and the white noise and heat from my little space heater isn't helping.