Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Wheeee posted:

yea all hedging for sanity aside it's aliens

oh, and listen to this interview Elizondo did today with a former astronaut who mentions fairly early on that one of the senior pentagon officials they're obliquely talking about gave him the quick pull aside after a meeting read in on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YSrVhCS-rc

either Lue's lying or everything's going to change over the coming years

there's also some interesting stuff in this interview with Mellon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdxcgS4spRM

the first two thirds is good, but the rest is some centrist lib brained politics bullshit

Mellon talks about government infighting and compartmentalization, and how the department of defense didn't even want to deal with AATIP, but congress had forced it upon them, and then the military contracted the work out to the private sector (to Bigelow aerospace, i guess). He also says that we tried to jam any signals coming from some UFOs, like you would do to an enemy drone, but that it had no apparent effect. He also mentions that a UFO showed up at george bush's ranch in Texas and then got chased by F-16's lol.

Rah! has issued a correction as of 18:49 on Jul 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

NUFORC posted:

I was only about 4 years old, but I remember it well. Me, my sister (8 years old at the time), my grandmother, granddad, mother and stepfather were out in the front yard at my granddad's house. It was early evening and there were no clouds in the sky.

I remember, as do all that were there, looking just above the big pecan tree and seeing a giant (the size of two 747s) eagle that was made out of what it seemed like to be metal. It a light on the end of the beak and around the wings and on the tail. It was solid...meaning that the wings did not flap. It's head was turned to where looking up, all you could see was one eye. The color was very detailed and there was no sound. It just hovered.

We all were standing there in awe looking at the eagle when my granddad started yelling at us to get in the house and go to the closet. The last thing I remember was running into the closet and everyone was crying.

My stepfather started to close the door and everyone started yelling for granddad. My stepfather said that he would go get him and he closed the door. That's the last thing I remember. What I do remember, I remember very vividly...as do all that were present.

big bird

Also, the Ross Coulthart interview is very good so far

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing

yeah

i’m thinkin it’s aliens

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Think Less posted:

That australian journalist said one of his sources says they can't even figure out how to do the welding involved.

Something that occurred to me: if we have a craft or bodies, as some allege private aerospace companies possess, you'd think that there might be attempts to recover it by whoever/whatever sent the craft.

Earth is basically the Milky Way's North Sentinel Island.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Rah! posted:

there's also some interesting stuff in this interview with Mellon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdxcgS4spRM

the first two thirds is good, but the rest is some centrist lib brained politics bullshit

Mellon talks about government infighting and compartmentalization, and how the department of defense didn't even want to deal with AATIP, but congress had forced it upon them, and then the military contracted the work out to the private sector (to Bigelow aerospace, i guess). He also says that we tried to jam any signals coming from some UFOs, like you would do to an enemy drone, but that it had no apparent effect. He also mentions that a UFO showed up at george bush's ranch in Texas and then got chased by F-16's lol.

hey aliens please take george bush off our hands, thanks

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

WEH posted:

big bird

Also, the Ross Coulthart interview is very good so far

Van Meter Visitor spotted

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Log082 posted:

One of my buddies in grad school worked on poo poo called "MXenes" which is what happens when you used powerful acids to etch the A group element out of MAX phase materials (GET IT? WE ScIENTISTS ARE EXTREMELY CLEVER) and get single molecule thick 2D materials left behind. Like graphene, only instead of carbon it's titanium and nitrogen or titanium and silicon or any one of a whole bunch of others. I don't really follow that specific subfield but I know they've shown a lot of purpose in batteries, because they have unique electronic properties.

This poo poo is tight as hell. Seeing our advancement in materials science even for consumer goods within my lifetime with 3d printers, tegris, hypalon and laser cutting machines, it's exciting to think about advancements in that space once we're able to 3d (or 2d I guess?) print on a molecular or atomic level.

Azathoth posted:

My favorite theory is that the reverse engineering problem has to do with the power source, so they can make it work but only either when tethered to an external power source or for short periods of time.

Which if these things wind up using something akin to an Alcubierre drive would hella track considering the speculated need for negative mass and energy to make the equation work.

UAPs being relegated to some underground Raytheon bunker with infinite money but minimal government oversight seems plausible, but I guess for me it still doesn't outweigh the excitement I feel over the possibility of happening to be a human that's alive (and posting) at the moment we somehow confirm that we're not alone in the universe. Even if it has no tangible effects on day to day life, it's just neat to think about :allears:

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Objurium posted:

UAPs being relegated to some underground Raytheon bunker with infinite money but minimal government oversight seems plausible, but I guess for me it still doesn't outweigh the excitement I feel over the possibility of happening to be a human that's alive (and posting) at the moment we somehow confirm that we're not alone in the universe. Even if it has no tangible effects on day to day life, it's just neat to think about :allears:

Just knowing that there's so much more out there...

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Nichael posted:

hey aliens please take george bush off our hands, thanks

they tried, he made a painting of them

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

they tried, he made a painting of them

how deep does this go

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

NUFORC posted:

Left Dearborn with my daughters at 15:00 driving I-94W to Kalamzoo. It was a sunny day. Approximately 10 minutes from Westnedge exit a thick gray cover enveloped the car. Could not see any cars, brake lights, and no sound of cars colliding. The gray covering left and all of the cars were facing in various directions. There were no accidents. We all straighted our cars out and left. When I arrived at my friends house they were outside wait for us. I had called before leaving at 15:00 and they expected us at about 17:15. They said they were worried because it was after 19:00. That's when I noticed the sun was lower in the sky. This has been bothering me for 13 years. How can this happen during rush hour and on an freeway?

NUFORC posted:

My husband and I were driving from Jasper, Mo to Carthage,Mo to go grocery shopping.

About 2 1/2-3 miles out of town we saw an aircraft that looked like a military personel carrier right above the trees. It was a dull green color. It was not moving or making any noise. We could see the propellers but they were not moving either. I don't know if this was a UFO or what it was.

We looked for ropes thinking maybe it was some life size military craft balloon but there were no ropes.

It was the weirdest thing we have ever seen. We kept driving and got our groceries. When we returned it was gone.

I swear that this is no joke. We would really like to know what this could have been.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

"I went insane for a week, something had awoken inside me. I strongly believe I am a half breed grey. ^.^"

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

WEH posted:

"I went insane for a week, something had awoken inside me. I strongly believe I am a half breed grey. ^.^"
sounds like a cernovich quote

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i am harry posted:

sounds like a cernovich quote

Needs more lisping.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I'm begging ya'll again to watch this interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM-xW8YsXKU

- He spoke to a former director of science development for the US navy, who was dying of cancer, who said "ah gently caress it" and admitted he had been read into bird reverse engineering program. These are hidden in the private aeronautic companies and highly compartmentalized.

- Russia supposedly has one retrieved bird or bird wreckage, China is actively trying to procure a bird and the US is in possession of multiple birds.

i stayed up too late last night listening to this and it was cool. some of his sources seem awfully convenient

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

PokeJoe posted:

i stayed up too late last night listening to this and it was cool. some of his sources seem awfully convenient

yeah but isnt it expected that an award winning senior investigative journalist type dork would have the ability to get those types of contacts

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

hey can i just ask why the hell this thread isnt tagged [Birds]

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Hooplah posted:

hey can i just ask why the hell this thread isnt tagged [Birds]

Because birds aren't real and UFOs are.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Google Butt posted:

yeah but isnt it expected that an award winning senior investigative journalist type dork would have the ability to get those types of contacts

i like his approach of "well, i wanted to know what happened so i just cold called every junior engineer and custodian i could find"

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Azathoth posted:

:rubshands:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i wasn't as big of a fan of his story about the fishermen telling him ufo tales. he talks to one, gets a fanciful story and the guy goes "oh you like that? lets go to this other bar my friends hanging out, he's got a whopper". i grew up in a fishing town, that is exactly what i would expect if they were loving with him lmao, especially if he's buying. just dragging him from bar to bar getting him loaded on booze and hilarious stories

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Azathoth posted:

https://twitter.com/EffinBirds/status/1411037469408174088

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

*nods sagely*

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

PokeJoe posted:

same. as far as it being convenient, he acknowledges that it's very possible he was fed a coordinated line between his sources. he himself seems trustworthy though

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ooh they're not gonna like this
https://twitter.com/blkahn/status/1411074599803142146?s=20

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
im just over here, spraying water onto the water in the hopes it will stop burning. yes, the reason this ocean is on fire is its not wet enough

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

Delta-Wye posted:

i wasn't as big of a fan of his story about the fishermen telling him ufo tales. he talks to one, gets a fanciful story and the guy goes "oh you like that? lets go to this other bar my friends hanging out, he's got a whopper". i grew up in a fishing town, that is exactly what i would expect if they were loving with him lmao, especially if he's buying. just dragging him from bar to bar getting him loaded on booze and hilarious stories

yeah but they’re all real OP

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

lol ufo reddit convinced that navy pilot Dietrich to make an account

hopefully they do better than SA would

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

humans doing at great job at creating hell on earth

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

president bird, our people yearn for freedom

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Pontificating rear end posted:

humans doing at great job at creating hell on earth

the aliens are from a planet close to their sun so they are the ones who "discovered" oil refining/drilling techniques and knew about the old rear end bodies of the species they'd murdered before.

they are causing global warming on purpose

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

Vomik posted:

the aliens are from a planet close to their sun so they are the ones who "discovered" oil refining/drilling techniques and knew about the old rear end bodies of the species they'd murdered before.

they are causing global warming on purpose

venus is already sitting right there

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

the aliens are the last survivors of the ancient Venusian civilization who fled to Earth hundreds of millions of years ago and live underneath Antarctica

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

dying former CIA agent who also worked on Blue Book talks about recovered alien tech and how concerned Eisenhower was about it, to the point of threatening to invade Area 51/S4 since they were refusing to report anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCNl9_Z6tWU

puts Eisenhower's famous final speech touching on the military industrial complex in new context

quote:

Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense. We have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security alone more than the net income of all United States corporations.

Now this conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence—economic, political, even spiritual—is felt in every city, every Statehouse, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet, we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources, and livelihood are all involved. So is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.

Akin to, and largely responsible for the sweeping changes in our industrial-military posture, has been the technological revolution during recent decades.

In this revolution, research has become central, it also becomes more formalized, complex, and costly. A steadily increasing share is conducted for, by, or at the direction of, the Federal government.

The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocation, and the power of money is ever present and is gravely to be regarded.

Yet in holding scientific discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific-technological elite.

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

my bony fealty posted:

the aliens are the last survivors of the ancient Venusian civilization who fled to Earth hundreds of millions of years ago and live underneath Antarctica

at least they were able to develop anti grav before runaway climate change killed them all, with earth getting venusian visitors like nikola tesla to accelerate our development, we should be in even better shape.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Wheeee posted:

dying former CIA agent who also worked on Blue Book talks about recovered alien tech and how concerned Eisenhower was about it, to the point of threatening to invade Area 51/S4 since they were refusing to report anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCNl9_Z6tWU

puts Eisenhower's famous final speech touching on the military industrial complex in new context

Eisenhower complaining about the excesses the complex that he helped to build. He also thought homosexuality and communism were literally the same thing. Ike had the prestige and the background to actually do something about the things he said in the speech; he had the power and he did nothing.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

The 1966 military guidelines for reporting UFO sightings also includes

quote:

Any unexplained or unusual activity which may indicate a possible attack against or through Canada or the United States, including the presence of any unidentified or other suspicious ground parties in the Polar Region or other remote or sparsely populated areas.

They probably meant the soviets. Unless...

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

ike naruto running past the gates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

Google Butt posted:

ike naruto running past the ice wall