Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

Kind of random here, but does anyone here have any experience/particular info about omega-3 supplements for depression? I bought some green lipped mussel omega 3s on a whim that they might help, as well as for chronic aches, which this particular brand markets towards, and after a few days my mood and energy level is notably better. I don't know if this is placebo ("look at me being being proactive and having my supplement!"), actually helping me have some happy chemicals, and/or a result of it helping with my creaking haunted house body, but I'm planning on taking them as long as they help. I'm trying to get more info regardless.

Looking around it seems like mixed results, some people/studies say they're useless, others seem to show positive results for people with major depression (not diagnosed but I probably fall into that category or get pretty close). Only real risk seems to be possibility of inducing mania in people with bipolar (don't think that's me but I guess would be an interesting way to find out).

Guess I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge on the topic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

ricecult posted:

Kind of random here, but does anyone here have any experience/particular info about omega-3 supplements for depression? I bought some green lipped mussel omega 3s on a whim that they might help, as well as for chronic aches, which this particular brand markets towards, and after a few days my mood and energy level is notably better. I don't know if this is placebo ("look at me being being proactive and having my supplement!"), actually helping me have some happy chemicals, and/or a result of it helping with my creaking haunted house body, but I'm planning on taking them as long as they help. I'm trying to get more info regardless.

Looking around it seems like mixed results, some people/studies say they're useless, others seem to show positive results for people with major depression (not diagnosed but I probably fall into that category or get pretty close). Only real risk seems to be possibility of inducing mania in people with bipolar (don't think that's me but I guess would be an interesting way to find out).

Guess I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge on the topic?

When I became vegetarian, I stopped getting Omega-3 in my diet. It took me a week or 2 to start omega-3, and I noticed a difference in the way I feel. Mostly in my joints. You may have had a deficiency that is now being made up by supplements. I never heard of them inducing mania. I'll do some reading on that. I recently decided to up my omega-3 uptake to see if it helps with my high cholesterol. I did some research, and couldn't find any hard and fast rules on how much is enough. It sounds like more omega-3 can help with some issues. I read that too much omega-6 can counteract omega-3. I'm going to reduce the vegetable oil in my diet, and see if that helps.

If you don't mind gelatin and fish oil, it's probably not too hard to get good omega-3 supplements. I use algae-based supplements, and recently switched to SR Vegan Omega-3 from Amazon. A lot of vegetarian/vegan omega 3 supplements will simply advertise "algae oil," but some of them are full of other stuff like palm oil. I think the brand I chose has a decent amount of DHA and EPA for the price. A quick google shows some people expressing concern about mercury content in fish oil, but it sounds like prescription fish oil and fish oil with the USP verified mark are safe.

I take a big ole multivitamin, a vitamin d capsule, and omega 3 every day. I see supplements as a way to make up deficiencies in my diet. I know I have them from being vegetarian. I've heard that vitamin supplements aren't absorbed as well as vitamins in food. I found some sources saying that they're probably OK if they're USP verified, though. I'm not a doctor, and it might be worth talking to your doctor or a nutritionist.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

AceOfFlames posted:

I almost at the first month mark of a new job and I have done nothing productive. I have been caught in endless meetings, bureaucratic stuff with living in a new country, finding a place to rent (even though I deliberately came two weeks early to deal with all that which ended up getting delayed), stuff that doesn't build, dealing with a completely new toolset, people unavailable but mostly time that just VANISHES and my usual procrastination. Another person who joined with me has don a crap load of things and I am still stuck on my first task. I dread the next one on one (I have one every two weeks) and I am afraid I will be kicked out during probation.

I feel like I took on a job way outside my competency due to pressure from my family to move closer to my sibling. I just tore away the little life I had and spent a shitload of money for nothing to get stuck in a completely new country which is utterly alien to me. Aaaaahhhh.

They've invested a lot in hiring you, even if they could easily get rid of you they're not very likely to say goodbye to that investment after only a month.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

thotsky posted:

They've invested a lot in hiring you, even if they could easily get rid of you they're not very likely to say goodbye to that investment after only a month.

Agreed. The break-in period for most professional jobs is more like a year. Just keep chipping away, it's not over till it's over, and that ain't for a while yet.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
My most recent boss did not even know how to use the tools we use ALL DAY EVERY DAY after a year. I think you'll be okay

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
first time in here - I’ve been taking Zoloft for a long time but the past 5 years have REALLY hosed me up. right before Trump got elected I lost my whole friend group in some stupid debacle, and then Trump got elected and I was so stressed out a disease I had flared up and I was almost fired from my job because it caused me to not sleep and I was clumsy as a result.

The good thing there was that I channeled this all into writing about politics, until I got sued for defamation and was afraid to write anymore.

Covid hitting (any pandemic like this really) has been my biggest fear since high school and it really messed me up. I had to go up on my meds, but I’ve also lost all faith in humanity as a result of the last 15 months and then my youngest was diagnosed with autism at the end of last year..

Now, because i suck at office politics my HR rep (who hates me) was able to convince upper management that the external temp i have working for me should be my boss…and i just dont know what the gently caress to do with myself.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pillowpants posted:

first time in here - I’ve been taking Zoloft for a long time but the past 5 years have REALLY hosed me up. right before Trump got elected I lost my whole friend group in some stupid debacle, and then Trump got elected and I was so stressed out a disease I had flared up and I was almost fired from my job because it caused me to not sleep and I was clumsy as a result.

The good thing there was that I channeled this all into writing about politics, until I got sued for defamation and was afraid to write anymore.

Covid hitting (any pandemic like this really) has been my biggest fear since high school and it really messed me up. I had to go up on my meds, but I’ve also lost all faith in humanity as a result of the last 15 months and then my youngest was diagnosed with autism at the end of last year..

Now, because i suck at office politics my HR rep (who hates me) was able to convince upper management that the external temp i have working for me should be my boss…and i just dont know what the gently caress to do with myself.

Wow, that is rough. I don't know how to encourage you going forward but I think I was a subscriber or reader of yours and I wanted to say I appreciate what you've done, and I had no idea you got sued for defamation. Personally, having gotten my job with the government during the Obama presidency, in a red state, and then having to work for CHUD politicians and lawyers all through the Trump insurgency and having lost my job in part due to not being a CHUD, I think I can relate a little bit. You really should write professionally, though that's probably one of the harder jobs to find without being a total quisling in this confederacy of dunces. You've been strong, you will continue to be strong. Just my opinion.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

petit choux posted:

Wow, that is rough. I don't know how to encourage you going forward but I think I was a subscriber or reader of yours and I wanted to say I appreciate what you've done, and I had no idea you got sued for defamation. Personally, having gotten my job with the government during the Obama presidency, in a red state, and then having to work for CHUD politicians and lawyers all through the Trump insurgency and having lost my job in part due to not being a CHUD, I think I can relate a little bit. You really should write professionally, though that's probably one of the harder jobs to find without being a total quisling in this confederacy of dunces. You've been strong, you will continue to be strong. Just my opinion.

Part of what kills me is that I have several almost finished pieces that I either can’t publish because they’re followup to the one that caused the issue. it’s a shame though, there’s just so much criminality..

Josherino
Mar 24, 2021

Pillowpants posted:

On a personal note, I just want to just want to say that I (and I'm sure many others) really appreciate you sharing your experiences with us here.

I can definitely imagine how anxious you feel; I would definitely feel the same way if I were in your shoes.

Regarding your youngest - I'm extremely curious about how that's affecting you, and your family as a whole. I know that from personal experience, confiding in my child and trying to see things through his lens always helped me push through some seriously hard times.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Josherino posted:

On a personal note, I just want to just want to say that I (and I'm sure many others) really appreciate you sharing your experiences with us here.

I can definitely imagine how anxious you feel; I would definitely feel the same way if I were in your shoes.

Regarding your youngest - I'm extremely curious about how that's affecting you, and your family as a whole. I know that from personal experience, confiding in my child and trying to see things through his lens always helped me push through some seriously hard times.

My oldest is bitter as hell because he isn’t getting as much attention as he wants. my youngest isn’t even 3, but he is barely verbal. He does love to snuggle which is amazing, but I guess the way that it’s affecting me is that learning about autism has caused me to investigate seeking an adult diagnosis. One of the good things about the pandemic is that I’ve been able to jump in and relieve my wife if she’s feeling overwhelmed, since she’s a stay at home mom and I’ve been remote for 16 months.

Josherino
Mar 24, 2021

Pillowpants posted:

My oldest is bitter as hell because he isn’t getting as much attention as he wants. my youngest isn’t even 3, but he is barely verbal. He does love to snuggle which is amazing, but I guess the way that it’s affecting me is that learning about autism has caused me to investigate seeking an adult diagnosis. One of the good things about the pandemic is that I’ve been able to jump in and relieve my wife if she’s feeling overwhelmed, since she’s a stay at home mom and I’ve been remote for 16 months.

There's a show out there called "Bluey" that really helped my child understand tough topics a little more. The two main sisters "Bluey" and "Bingo" both have autism, and the show really lends a hand to parents who are dealing with these kind of transitions - its' really neat.

Check out the episode, "A Trip to the Movies".

Also, major props for your guys' dedication and your willingness to jump in and take over duties.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Josherino posted:

There's a show out there called "Bluey" that really helped my child understand tough topics a little more. The two main sisters "Bluey" and "Bingo" both have autism, and the show really lends a hand to parents who are dealing with these kind of transitions - its' really neat.

Check out the episode, "A Trip to the Movies".

Also, major props for your guys' dedication and your willingness to jump in and take over duties.

It's weird because i never wanted children growing up because i was afraid of fascism and pandemics (Seriously) but now that I have kids and we have fascism and pandemics, my family is the only thing making me happy

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Thanks to everyone who responded to my last post about post-PhD life.

In a sign that my life continues to get stupider, a whole new emotional problem has developed. Some guy I met online and have talked to for the last two weeks wants me to travel overseas to his country for a romantic visit (I am a cis male fagoon, for context). Normally, my red flags would go up to such an extent to rule this out completely, but I really like him, have had video calls with him, and have verified through a few different websites that he is who he says he is. He is in a country that could be seen as slightly "dangerous" from an American perspective (there’s a travel warning there lol), but the city he is in seems relatively safe. I have decent experience traveling abroad, and I feel like I would probably be fine if I took some precautions.

I am pretty sure everyone who reads this will laugh and urge me not to go, but I am also just wondering how I have allowed my loneliness and overall boredom with life to get to a point where I am even considering doing this.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Thanks to everyone who responded to my last post about post-PhD life.

In a sign that my life continues to get stupider, a whole new emotional problem has developed. Some guy I met online and have talked to for the last two weeks wants me to travel overseas to his country for a romantic visit (I am a cis male fagoon, for context). Normally, my red flags would go up to such an extent to rule this out completely, but I really like him, have had video calls with him, and have verified through a few different websites that he is who he says he is. He is in a country that could be seen as slightly "dangerous" from an American perspective (there’s a travel warning there lol), but the city he is in seems relatively safe. I have decent experience traveling abroad, and I feel like I would probably be fine if I took some precautions.

I am pretty sure everyone who reads this will laugh and urge me not to go, but I am also just wondering how I have allowed my loneliness and overall boredom with life to get to a point where I am even considering doing this.

Anywhere with a travel advisory is probably triple bad for gay people. Getting laid or going on a date does not sound like it would be terribly difficult for you, so it does beg the question why you're looking for a more... extreme experience.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

thotsky posted:

Anywhere with a travel advisory is probably triple bad for gay people. Getting laid or going on a date does not sound like it would be terribly difficult for you, so it does beg the question why you're looking for a more... extreme experience.

Yeah you are right. I mean he is literally an LGBTQ activist there which is part of the appeal but even he has told me stories about being threatened. Hopefully I just need to start the MFA and feel like my life is moving again.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
follow up to my last post: I am posting from the ER because I have a large kidney stone. Just keeps on getting better

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

if it makes you feel better, I am thinking about going to an urgent care tomorrow because I think I have a hemorrhoid. I can not do the basic function of making GBS threads without crying out in immense pain.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I opened up to a doctor about my mental health issues for the first time. It was our first meeting and it was the last issue I brought up.

I suspect I've had some combo of anxiety and depression for years now. It's gotten worse in the past two years, coming to the point where I can hardly focus on anything and it's starting to impact my ability to do work. Really deep feelings of sadness and dread out of nowhere, shutting down in stressful situations, etc. I'm starting to actually feel ill and acknowledge that typical self-help/"self-care" stuff isn't going to cut it.

She was pretty open to whatever in terms of treatment options. She mentioned therapy and was personally a big proponent of medical marijuana for anxiety. I asked about SSRIs and she said we could go that route if I wanted It's pretty much my call and I'm being given time to think about it all before my next follow-up and bloodwork results (two weeks).

I knew that the doctor's office offered medical marijuana and was ready to jump on that before my appointment, but at the moment I hesitated. I'm sort of skeptical of how much it can really help versus an SSRI (note: I have no experience with weed). Should I ask for a referral to a psychiatrist, maybe?

Would appreciate any insight. I've read so many varying experiences regarding antidepressants and so much about CBD/THC seems too good to be true (or feels like straight-up marketing-speak). Thank you for listening, goons.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
I have PTSD and I can confirm that weed, SSRIs, and lots of therapy can give you a new lease on life. I'm not sure if weed is super effective on its own without some help redirecting your habitual thoughts via therapy.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Strep Vote posted:

I have PTSD and I can confirm that weed, SSRIs, and lots of therapy can give you a new lease on life. I'm not sure if weed is super effective on its own without some help redirecting your habitual thoughts via therapy.

Thank you. I'm totally open to doing therapy but I'm not sure how realistic it is to do it for the short-term (like, a few of months of CBT). I feel like most of my issues are indeed related to my thought patterns and irrational thinking/fears versus specific situations or relationships.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

A weed gummy 1-2 hours before bed has helped me with PTSD nightmares at least as much as therapy. It's good stuff

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Thank you. I'm totally open to doing therapy but I'm not sure how realistic it is to do it for the short-term (like, a few of months of CBT). I feel like most of my issues are indeed related to my thought patterns and irrational thinking/fears versus specific situations or relationships.

i've known people who responded really well to a few months of cbt. if you're in the space where options are open for you now imo go with what you're open to.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Impermanent posted:

i've known people who responded really well to a few months of cbt. if you're in the space where options are open for you now imo go with what you're open to.

That's encouraging, thank you. I feel like whenever I look up reviews for psychologists or therapists most are like "I've been going to this practice for years!" My brother did CBT for about a year if I recall.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Edibles are the only thing that helps me sleep.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I feel like I'm starting to pull it together finally. I think the mood stabilizer is helping a lot. I'll just deal with the dehydration. I drink a poo poo ton of water now, when I was already drinking quite a bit. I'm questioning the judgment of my psychiatric nurse practitioner, since she never acknowledged that it was Lamictal causing the dehydration. The FDA lists it as one of the most common side-effects. I think it's causing a bit of dizziness and blurred vision, too. I've decided I'll just deal with the side effects. I feel like the last few years of my life have been a huge setback when it comes to getting a career. I'm hoping this increased stability will carry me through.

I dropped a class on grant proposal writing a few months ago due to depression. I'm ready to try again. The program is 2 classes, and it's gone up in cost. I'll look into financial aid, and consider asking my local NAMI chapter to cover the cost. Come to think of it, we did just get a big check from a local organization that's meant to be used for teaching/training. Of course, if it leads to a successful grant proposal, it could bring funding that's many times larger than our current yearly budget.

My mood is a bit up right now, but not quite hypomanic. I tried to visit my friend who is in the abusive marriage, while she was at work. They were closing the office down, and it was her last day of work there. I knew it was a stressful experience. I had an appointment right by the organization, so I stopped by. The security guard for the building wouldn't even let me open the door to their office. He rudely told me to knock, and said they'd let me in if anyone was there. No one is ever at the front desk for that organization anyway, and it always has an open door policy. As expected, they didn't hear me knock, so I wasn't able to visit. I know I could have texted, but she doesn't check her phone often at work. I was angry, but I know it's not a huge deal. In the near future, I'll get together with some peers, including her.

I'm going to get peer support specialist training, and try to get a job as a peer support specialist. I know the pay will be very low, but it would be good for me. I haven't given up on trying to push for some sort of systemic change. Ultimately, I want to make things happen that otherwise would not have happened. At one point, I wanted to climb the ranks of a non-profit and try to improve organizations. That was mostly a result of encountering awful leadership in the non-profits I volunteered/worked at. That's what drove me to get my master's of public administration, which I never ended up using. It was a highly ranked program, and it might look good on my resume. Without experience, I can't seem to get a job that it'd apply to. Most internships require me to be a full-time student. In retrospect, I realize that I should have drawn out the master's program and interned during the process. I feel like I'm finally back on track, though.

I actually took a class on lobbying during my master's program. It was by far the most interesting class I ever attended. Some of the classes were held inside the Sacramento capitol building, and we heard from all kinds of people involved in the process. The final project for the class was writing a piece of legislation, and proposing it to the class. Each class member was assigned the role of a specific legislator, and were expected to grill the student lobbyist and vote accordingly. I wrote a state-wide ban on local "anti-camping" homeless ordinances, and the class voted to pass it :).We spoke to activists and corporate lobbyists. I'd love to work on policy in some way, but I don't have much hope of changing things from within the system. I knew the system was hosed beforehand, but seeing it up-close was something else. A tiny lobbying firm would bring in ridiculous amounts of money from big companies, and straight up tell politicians how to vote. They would walk into the politician's office, and just tell them to vote yes or no on a piece of legislation. Then the lobbyist would attend the committee meetings, and browbeat the politicians as the votes happened. After one lobbyist's presentation to the class, he hopped in the Coors bus to bring some state legislators to box seats at a football game. He wore an all black cowboy get-up, and had a fake southern accent which sounded a bit like Will Ferrell impersonating George W. Bush :laffo:

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I get that feeling too. There are techniques such as Solution Focused Brief Therapy which are meant to help you get from Point A to Point B in a short period of time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Thoughts on their efficacy are mixed because like you say it doesn't usually address underlying thought patterns, fears, relationship dynamics, or the unconscious. I think they can be helpful for people for who want do therapy but don't want to do therapy, and, well, results vary.

On medication and stuff like you asked, man, it's a tough question. Every practitioner will attempt to treat you with the tools they were taught. The psychotherapist will use therapy, the psychiatrist will use medication, etc. And philosophies will change from person to person too. Some psychiatrists think that SSRI's and long term medication should be used as life preserver, meaning you can use them for years if needed but the goal is to get to a place via therapy that you don't need them. Some psychiatrists think, who cares if you're on medication for the rest of your life if the side effects are managed and you are happy and accomplishing goals. Some therapists are more pro medication and rely on them, some therapists lean away from them unless someone is in crisis. It's important to find what works for you in your life. A poster said above some weed gummies helped them sleep more than years of therapy. IMO that owns. Try many things and see what works for you.

edit: Just wanted to add that it never hurts to get a psychiatric evaluation. Some issues are really based in neurochemistry and it's good to have that evaluated.

thehandtruck has issued a correction as of 17:46 on Jul 2, 2021

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Today I'm having trouble getting motivated to prepare for the inevitable wildfires. :)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
:siren: Important Announcement :siren:

Hi everyone! I'm just stopping by to let you know thehandtruck and josherino have both been promoted to thread IKs. They've done a lot of good work here, and they deserve it.

This is big big news for our thread but obviously portends sad events on my side. I'll have updates once I've got everything lined up. In the meantime, please keep doing what you're doing, i.e. being excellent to one another. You make this thread what it is, not me. I just lend a helping hand from time to time. :)

Thanks! As you were.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
Hope your poo poo's okay Chokes.

I've been taking 6 mile long walks with some friends frequently (once or twice a week) and it's making me feel better.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Edit: Removed as I think this is a better fit for E/N.

Hilario Baldness has issued a correction as of 04:27 on Jul 5, 2021

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

hey pals, been a couple weeks since I checked in. I did call my doctor and he was very happy that I was self aware enough to notice my PTSD symptoms were coming back and for asking for help, which was nice.

He said it wasn't a terrible idea to increase my dosage (apparently I am on the "low end" among fellow veterans) and after a week or so I do think it's kicking it. Of course it's hard to attribute any single thing to meds but it's looking up! Now I just gotta get through tomorrow with the fireworks and I can relax a bit more.

hope everyone else is doing well, or at least as well as you can.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

My brother left me a bunch of plants and fish while he goes on vacation and pretty much everything is dying.

This is why I don't get pets or anything. Anything that involves further "life maintenance" on my part is a nightmare. I don't even clean my house and people entrust me with this sort of things? I didn't even have a choice in the matter, he dumped them in my house.

Josherino
Mar 24, 2021

Consummate Professional posted:

hey pals, been a couple weeks since I checked in. I did call my doctor and he was very happy that I was self aware enough to notice my PTSD symptoms were coming back and for asking for help, which was nice.

He said it wasn't a terrible idea to increase my dosage (apparently I am on the "low end" among fellow veterans) and after a week or so I do think it's kicking it. Of course it's hard to attribute any single thing to meds but it's looking up! Now I just gotta get through tomorrow with the fireworks and I can relax a bit more.

hope everyone else is doing well, or at least as well as you can.

That self-awareness is seriously key to recovery my friend.

I underwent treatment for about 36 months (or so?) after my second tour.

I'm sure you've gone over this, but mindfulness goes A LONG way. If you ever need some mindfulness exercises, just let me know. I can get my partner to gather some materials or info that she uses for folks who definitely benefit from it.

Josherino
Mar 24, 2021

Strep Vote posted:

Just out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking - how have the SSRIs affected you outside of your PTSD symptoms (if they have at all)

breadnsucc
Jun 1, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

breadnsucc has issued a correction as of 19:07 on Aug 21, 2021

Josherino
Mar 24, 2021

breadnsucc posted:

ugh more really lovely thing happened here twa really awesome comrade took their own life someone say something wise or something I feel like punching people in the face forever

As appropriate and as natural it may be to immediately want to take out our frustrations out on something when something as a tragic as this happens - know you aren't alone or wrong to feel that way.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

breadnsucc posted:

ugh more really lovely thing happened here twa really awesome comrade took their own life someone say something wise or something I feel like punching people in the face forever

I'm so sorry to hear that. I had a boyfriend commit suicide last year. I appreciated this website, it has some good reading materials and a forum if you just want to vent to people who have been through similar circumstances.
https://www.allianceofhope.org

I also really liked this book. It's not an easy read, it does have some descriptions of suicides but i really felt like it helped me especially in the very early days when the emotions were extremely strong. It's written by someone who lost her husband.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0385485514/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_1VNYYC7V8DATWS93BX6R

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

At the animal hospital where my dog is not doing well. Just wanted to post to not feel alone.

Josherino
Mar 24, 2021

RisqueBarber posted:

At the animal hospital where my dog is not doing well. Just wanted to post to not feel alone.

We'll be here when you're ready to provide some updates, friend.

Keep pushing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

RisqueBarber posted:

You aren't alone,
I'm sorry for what you are going through