Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

your mom's a vambrace

no, your mom is a hambrace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019
wuh oh, that stress-strain curve is looking rough for ol hambraces

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

This claims to be better because with magnets it can be unlocked quickly in an emergency. Unless the emergency renders you unable to do it yourself and unable to explain how to do it to first responders who have never seen the thing before. Maybe wear a medic alert bracer with detailed instructions, I dunno.

If you can quickly unlock it yourself, it won't be much of a diet aid. Even a tapeworm would be less D&D modded

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lil poopendorfer posted:

If you can quickly unlock it yourself, it won't be much of a diet aid. Even a tapeworm would be less D&D modded

every time you unlock it the device sends a text message to all of your family shaming you for being fat

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Bluetooth connected nipple clamps that stab your tits any time you unlock your mouth

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
DMCA'd Police Brutality.
https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1410636435930062851

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It'll almost certainly work too

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I realized today that 'doomscrolling' , or the act of just scrolling through a feed of perpetually (bad) news is something we have been doing since whenever and the rest of the population has finally gotten here with the advent of smartphone devices. imagine having to be more user friendly than books and newspaper and computers

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Milo and POTUS posted:

It'll almost certainly work too

Legally it falls under fair use, I think. Won't stop Youtube and facebook from taking it down anyway.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

christmas boots posted:

Legally it falls under fair use, I think.

legally the cop is doing an unlicensed public performance and should be sued for copyright infringement

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Rutibex posted:

legally the cop is doing an unlicensed public performance and should be sued for copyright infringement

Has anyone mentioned this to the RIAA?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

tokin opposition posted:

Bluetooth connected nipple clamps that stab your tits any time you unlock your mouth're a very naughty boy

aphid_licker has issued a correction as of 21:32 on Jul 1, 2021

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

christmas boots posted:

RIAA will never, ever gently caress with piece of poo poo pig motherfuckers.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wonder if Taylor Swift could personally sue

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

next step of this is all the celeb artists intervening and making thje brutality videos more public and then the cops start making their own music for spotify thats just a really distinct series of high pitched tones that the algorithm picks up in any footage

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tunicate posted:

Wonder if Taylor Swift could personally sue

no she's the one who owns none of her songs and some weird dude does

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

christmas boots posted:

hahahah laws exist only for the powerful to use as a cudgel against the weak. Do you even marxism, bro? Bourgeoisie law does not protect us.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Eric Adams, the next mayor of NYC, is, like, Trump-level psychopathic. Good loving argument for some simulationist poo poo:

https://twitter.com/Ali_Gharib/status/1407070016181346308?s=20

https://www.businessinsider.com/eric-adams-curtis-mayfield-concert-paralyzed-quote-2021-6?op=1

quote:

Eric Adams, the Brooklyn Borough President and a frontrunner in the Democratic primary for New York City Mayor, told Vanity Fair that his favorite concert of all time a 1990 show in Brooklyn where Curtis Mayfield was paralyzed in a horrific accident.

"Curtis Mayfield at the Wingate Concert Series," Adams said when asked what his favorite concert was. "At that concert there was a rainstorm and the lights fell on Curtis Mayfield and they actually paralyzed him at that concert. He died a few years ago, but it was an amazing concert before that happened. Just so unfortunate."

A Los Angeles Times report about the concert noted that Mayfield had not yet begun performing when the rig fell on him. It's not clear what part of the performance Adams enjoyed before the accident took place.
No, I think it's eminently clear what part of the performance Adams enjoyed.

Also, his favorite NY movie is Taxi Driver, but he doesn't know the name?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feWR65BybhY&t=226s

Ham Equity has issued a correction as of 09:06 on Jul 2, 2021

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Utterly embarrassing

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
if you're a cop looking to block your recordings from being put on YouTube, start playing Disney songs

you know Disney won't be happy with a video of some guys rear end being whomped with a nightstick set to "Let It Go"

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

taxi driver is a good movie but idk if i would use it in an nyc tourism ad

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

What's worse, saying your favorite movie is taxi or that your favorite book about NYC is catcher in the rye?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

DisgracelandUSA posted:

What's worse, saying your favorite movie is taxi or that your favorite book about NYC is catcher in the rye?

TD is a much better movie than CitR is a book

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

people named alexa are being bullied, treated like servants

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
wrong thread

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

if your name is alexa you should legally be allowed to hunt people who do this imho

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

my cousin's wife is named Alexa and it's A Problem

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADgS_vMGgzY

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Shear Modulus posted:

no she's the one who owns none of her songs and some weird dude does

that weird dude is "dr. luke", the most prominent member of max martin's scene that writes nearly ALL pop songs.

people really don't understand just how bad the capitalist monoculture really is.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Milo and POTUS posted:

TD is a much better movie than CitR is a book

Adams over Yang, got it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

xpost

https://twitter.com/KELLYWEILL/status/1410972173536223238

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

that weird dude is "dr. luke", the most prominent member of max martin's scene that writes nearly ALL pop songs.

people really don't understand just how bad the capitalist monoculture really is.

he's also an (alleged) sexual predator. weird how it keeps happening!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

lobster shirt posted:

he's also an (alleged) sexual predator. weird how it keeps happening!

Kesha lost that case apparently :(

Which doesn't exonerate him in the least but lord its depressing

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Do these people not have middle names?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

the fact that Taylor swift, an extremely talented, attractive,popular, white lady and one of the most famous pop stars in the world got screwed by the system just goes to show how much of a chance the rest of us have

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

FFT posted:

Yeah, it's Siri.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

my fiancée is named Alexa and even I’m loving tired of the bad jokes

FFT posted:

Again, refer to the Office Space clip. Why should someone have to go by a different name all of a sudden just because Amazon came along and made their name synonymous with servitude?

bawfuls has issued a correction as of 02:19 on Jul 3, 2021

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I have a client named Alexa and frequently people have to pause meetings to go around and turn off their Amazon devices that keep triggering. :lol:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i dont understand the upside of using a voice assistant? is everybody elbow deep in raw chicken at all times and cant use their phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Hey Alexa, poz my neg hole.