Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Kunabomber posted:

Swole will never go to WWE unless they make policy changes. She needs medical marijuana to get through her Crohn's disease.

I mean, they do employ Matt Riddle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Dacap posted:

I mean, they do employ Matt Riddle

This isn't the slam dunk you think it is.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Don't they not pop guys for real pot anymore, just synthetic? I could have sworn they changed the rules around that stuff at some point because multiple guys were like "but this is literally what my doctor prescribed me"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/TBMVILLAIN/status/1410821780781023233 Turns out it was like a 2.99

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ratings note from the Observer:

quote:

They also nearly beat Raw in men 35-49 (218,000 to 215,000) which is the first time they’ve come near Raw in a key demo in a long time, and AEW had harder competition.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I had to rewatch at 0.25x because the first time it definately looked like he hit the mat the 3rd time. Holy poo poo that was drat close.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

What happened to Ogogo? He lost to Cody and I don't think we've seen him since

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jackie D posted:

Went back to the UK for more surgery it seems like.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jackie D posted:

He and QT beat Cody in a tag when he punched Cody in the face. He's went to England to watch soccer and was brutally attacked by Billy Gunn.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyOgogo/status/1410989409743388676

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Kunabomber posted:

Swole will never go to WWE unless they make policy changes. She needs medical marijuana to get through her Crohn's disease.

https://twitter.com/SwoleWorld/status/1410943804966948866?s=20
https://twitter.com/SwoleWorld/status/1410952217549475847?s=20

Big Swole is cool.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kunabomber posted:

WWE doesn't pop for weed anymore and even when they did, nobody took it seriously, they just called it the smoke tax.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cedar Park is sold out.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I sorta want them to give Swole a shot in the announcers booth if her crohn's ends her career

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I sorta want them to give Swole a shot in the announcers booth if her crohn's ends her career

Oh poo poo, that could be a great place for her.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Swole could easily transition into being KiLynn and Velvet's manager if she had to stop wrestling, but yeah, she'd be fun at the booth.

forkboy84 posted:

Aren't they about to have a 4th show a week? Could absolutely do a round robin tournament without it dragging on eternally. Just do 2 blocks of 4 teams or something, could bash through in 2-3 weeks with some short recaps on the TV shows of the matches that aired on the YouTube shows.

AEW has such deep roots in New Japan that I'd be surprised if they didn't introduce a G1/BoSJ/WTL at some point. I guess the only thing that might prevent that is the lack of daily airtime to book all the block matches. Though I guess after August they could do some of the days on Youtube and the rest on TV. If it's, say, a 10-person/team tournament, they could just extend it to be 4 days each week instead of all at once, or even throw extra taped matches on Youtube during the non-show days.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
all i know is i can't wait for Sammy vs Spears because Sammy is going to loving destroy him

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

smarxist posted:

all i know is i can't wait for Sammy vs Spears because Sammy is going to loving destroy him

yeah this is a great avenue to hold off the next big sammy/mjf

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How long before Spears gets bounced from the group?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Never. The Canadian God is forever.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

smarxist posted:

Spears does a great "I've just realised I'm way out of my depth" face, and I can't wait to see it in this context

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

sticklefifer posted:

Swole could easily transition into being KiLynn and Velvet's manager if she had to stop wrestling, but yeah, she'd be fun at the booth.

AEW has such deep roots in New Japan that I'd be surprised if they didn't introduce a G1/BoSJ/WTL at some point. I guess the only thing that might prevent that is the lack of daily airtime to book all the block matches. Though I guess after August they could do some of the days on Youtube and the rest on TV. If it's, say, a 10-person/team tournament, they could just extend it to be 4 days each week instead of all at once, or even throw extra taped matches on Youtube during the non-show days.

this would lead to a few totally sick dark/elevation cards

honestly, between youtube, dynamite, and rampage... they probably could pull it off

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sticklefifer posted:

Even New Japan does block matches on otherwise throwaway house show type shows. It'd make sense to put a block match as the Dark & Elevation main events each week.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

When his post-orgasm bliss causes them to lose a big match

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MJeff posted:

WWE doesn't pop for weed anymore and even when they did, nobody took it seriously, they just called it the smoke tax.

Yeah I mean they have Matt Riddle and Randy Orton who are both pretty much known for toking it up all the time. They don't really care about weed.

They only really cared about the synthetic poo poo which is what Sydal got in trouble for.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It appears the dream of Thea Trinedad's faction of extremely handsome men is dead.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

MJeff posted:

It appears the dream of Thea Trinedad's faction of extremely handsome men is dead.

So this means no Tommy End in AEW? I’m fine either way, he’s good but not really needed.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

So this means no Tommy End in AEW? I’m fine either way, he’s good but not really needed.

Tommy is probably still signing according to ICR.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CopywrightMMXI posted:

No, rumors go the other way.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

smarxist posted:

The first five minutes of Blood & Guts were so good.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Rarity posted:

Miro's theme doesn't need changing at all cause it's fantastic. What needs to change is his entrance cause just coming out and doing a little hop doesn't fit the theatricaliy of the piece. Give him some fancy lighting and something like the Randy Orton pyro waterfall and it'll be perfect

Agreed - he kept the old choreography, and I'd be unsurprised if that's because Miro heard it for the first time that night, like Mox. AEW for some reason apparently doesn't give the talent multiple weeks warning before debuting a theme.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

everyone whining about JR go mainline some michael cole commentary right now and shut the gently caress up forever

People want the commentary to be better - complaining it could be worst does nothing.

Also, inject it into my veins:
https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/1410848166157688833

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CopywrightMMXI posted:

The indication as of a week ago was that Tommy is heading to AEW.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MJeff posted:

The indication as of a week ago was that Tommy is heading to AEW.

To the point where he’s one of the ones who got out of his 90 day.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

To the point where he’s one of the ones who got out of his 90 day.

I don't think the "Tommy End to AEW" rumor was ever directly connected to the "guys are asking out of their 90 days" rumor, but that was definitely my read, that he was one of them.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he probably asked to get out of his no-compete clause so he could go compete in aew quyicker. didn't see the above

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/TayConti_/status/1411084783992586243

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1411151464890830848?s=19

Oh poo poo.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

If there was anyone on the fence in WWE about saying instead of going to AEW, I think I'd have to show them Tay Conti; not for how much she's improved ringside, but just how drat happy she is all of them time. Seriously, is there anyone in WWE who seems as happy as Tay with their job?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Wazzu posted:

Agreed - he kept the old choreography, and I'd be unsurprised if that's because Miro heard it for the first time that night, like Mox. AEW for some reason apparently doesn't give the talent multiple weeks warning before debuting a theme.

Miro was heavily involved in the creation of his new theme.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wazzu posted:

are you just making that up from your head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

Seriously, is there anyone in WWE who seems as happy as Tay with their job?

Vince now that he got to re-hire Zelina, fire her husband and have her lose her return match in a minute.