Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Demon_Corsair posted:

Why would the church still have any documents about residential schools? I'm sure everything was shredded before the TRC got going.

the catholic church archives are a sovereign country. they feel free to document whatever they want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Catholic Church loves their secrets I would bet dollars to doughnuts there are dudes out there with the records for mutually assured destruction reasons, cant gently caress me over if I got something on you too

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Epstein didn't excommunicate himself

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

Bilirubin posted:

Meanwhile another 182 unmarked graves, some as shallow as 3-4 feet, found in Cranbrook

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/182-unmarked-graves-found-near-former-residential-school-outside-cranbrook-b-c-1.5491694

I live in Cranbrook, what can I do to help?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Mamkute posted:

I live in Cranbrook, what can I do to help?

Stand guard outside your local churches.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
get hosed methanar

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Methanar posted:

And know when to look the other way. Also don't give thw cops poo poo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Methanar posted:

when does your shift end?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm sure that african and ukrainian church that were vandalized today in Calgary were guilty of whatever crime.

Yes. Ukrainians immigrating to canada themselves escaping genocide during the lead up to and during WWI definitely ran residential schools and should be punished. :hmmyes:

I wonder how many of those african church goers are themselves refugees from certain countries where churches are regularly attacked and Christians persecuted minorities.

Methanar has issued a correction as of 04:12 on Jul 3, 2021

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
lol where do these banderists come from? get out of cspam dumbass

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Methanar posted:

I'm sure that african and ukrainian church that were vandalized today in Calgary were guilty of whatever crime.

Yes. Ukrainians immigrating to canada themselves escaping genocide during the lead up to and during WWI definitely ran residential schools and should be punished. :hmmyes:

The same Ukrainians who have multiple war memoriala dedicated to literal Nazi Soldiers?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

bunnyofdoom posted:

The same Ukrainians who have multiple war memoriala dedicated to literal Nazi Soldiers?

The gently caress are you talking about. Do you have any idea what the Nazis did to the Ukrainian people?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Volodymyr_Ukrainian_Cemetery

gently caress off out of c-spam, preferably off the forums entirely you weird fuckup

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Kazinsal posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Volodymyr_Ukrainian_Cemetery

gently caress off out of c-spam, preferably off the forums entirely you weird fuckup

quote:

Halton police later stated that the graffiti may have been targeting Ukrainians either as a whole or in the area, and that they did not "consider that the identifiable group targeted by the graffiti was Nazis."[8][9]

from your very own link.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Methanar posted:

The gently caress are you talking about. Do you have any idea what the Nazis did to the Ukrainian people?

Do you?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Methanar posted:

from your very own link.

it's a literal monument to a waffen-ss division

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Just ignore the broke brain catholic.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
So far in like two days I've seen the following opinions from this thread:

support burning synagogues if they deserve it
imply ukrainians are nazis
express no remorse of an african church being burned
support the arson of 8 places of catholic worship

Maybe trudeau is right. Canada does seem to be a pretty racist country!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Methanar posted:

from your very own link.

lol. it's a literal nazi war memorial, dude. read "did not consider" as "did not realize"

this is entirely unrelated to people torching churches, but the ukranian diaspora does in fact include some nazi sympathizers. i'm sorry, but that is really unarguable

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

apatheticman posted:

Just ignore the broke brain catholic.

That also technically applies to me.

Advice still stands.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
methanar posting this from the local food court joking with the boomers about not having to wear masks anymore

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I wonder if its a co-incidence that most people from Latin american countries, Italians, Polish and the Irish are Catholic and you hating Catholics.

Methanar has issued a correction as of 04:24 on Jul 3, 2021

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Methanar posted:

I wonder if its a co-incidence that most people from Latin american countries, Italians and the Irish are Catholic and you hating Catholics.

for clarity's sake, who is "you" in this case?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

as someone of irish descent gently caress the catholic church

gently caress along now

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010
Another challenger enters the fight dome in an ill fated attempt to defend religious colonialize!
How many meaningless refences will they make!?
Will they threaten to call the police on this thread?!
Can they keep it up???

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I too also look at the predominant religion of post colonized countries then use it as some sort of weird gotcha.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Again, fellow catholic, go gently caress yourself. Course you will ignore it like everything else that shows how lovely a human you are but I felt I must try

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

fisting by many posted:

According to the article, they did speak to the landlord, and even sought emergency resolution from the tenancy board

but "emergency resolution" still takes 6-12 days because a) bureaucracy and b) the process probably wasn't designed for the scenario where a landlord is actually trying to kill their tenants

in the meantime there are elderly people living in the inferno building and smashing stuff seems like a perfectly reasonable and arguably justified action

You know what? Fair. I retract my previous statement, baseball bats are fine, and y'all are right - talking to them beforehand is pretty dumb. Apologies.

Methanar posted:

I wonder if its a co-incidence that most people from Latin american countries, Italians, Polish and the Irish are Catholic and you hating Catholics.

Uhm

Do you know why a lot of those countries are Catholic?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

apatheticman posted:

I too also look at the predominant religion of post colonized countries then use it as some sort of weird gotcha.

cash crab posted:

You know what? Fair. I retract my previous statement, baseball bats are fine, and y'all are right - talking to them beforehand is pretty dumb. Apologies.

Uhm

Do you know why a lot of those countries are Catholic?

Well-known countries colonized by the ???: Ireland, Spain, Italy, Poland.

I'm wondering if the anti-Catholicism is just code language at this point.

Methanar has issued a correction as of 04:40 on Jul 3, 2021

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Is it like, some kind of kink of yours to come into this thread to show your entire rear end or

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Methanar posted:

What the gently caress does this mean other than you're not above misrepresenting immigrants as some monolithic bloc for stupid one-dimensional obfuscatory spin? The Caribs sure as poo poo weren't christian yet but somehow I got dragged to church every week to learn that god hates gays and you should too. You can't explain that!

Kiss my coloured apostate rear end.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

methanar watched the columbus day episode of the sopranos and thought the incompetent racist gangsters were the good guys

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Guest2553 posted:

What the gently caress does this mean other than you're not above misrepresenting immigrants as some monolithic bloc for stupid one-dimensional obfuscatory spin? The Caribs sure as poo poo weren't christian yet but somehow I got dragged to church every week to learn that god hates gays and you should too. You can't explain that!

Kiss my coloured apostate rear end.

You're going to have to try harder than that. Obviously not all immigrants and refugees are a monolith. But I don't often hear racists distinguishing between Indonesian muslims vs Pakistani muslims when they go off. I doubt racists distinguish either much when they openly discuss how they hate Filipino catholics vs Mexican catholics

I've literally never heard a word uttered against homosexuality uttered in a sermon. I have heard sentiments opposing abortion and contraception and sex outside of marriage. But not against homosexuality.

Methanar has issued a correction as of 04:53 on Jul 3, 2021

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Methanar posted:

Well-known countries colonized by the ???: Ireland, Spain, Italy, Poland.

I'm wondering if the anti-Catholicism is just code language at this point.

Read a loving book

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

apatheticman posted:

Read a loving book

Which book explains to me the Spanish conquest of Poland

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

When you think about it, catholics are truly the most oppressed class on this planet

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

And by "think about it" I mean ignore literally everything that's ever happened in the last thousand years.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

Again, fellow catholic, go gently caress yourself. Course you will ignore it like everything else that shows how lovely a human you are but I felt I must try

Just reposting this cause the last bit applies

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

Methanar posted:

You're going to have to try harder than that. Obviously not all immigrants and refugees are a monolith. But I don't often hear racists distinguishing between Indonesian muslims vs Pakistani muslims when they go off. I doubt racists distinguish either much when they openly discuss how they hate Filipino catholics vs Mexican catholics

I've literally never heard a word uttered against homosexuality uttered in a sermon. I have heard sentiments opposing abortion and contraception and sex outside of marriage. But not against homosexuality.

Really cool racist strawman who is also everyone in this thread somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Just reposting this cause the last bit applies

this dude's regrettably never going to leave of his own accord either, he's just going to post through it