Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Heath posted:

You could also redirect some of your massive budget toward the actual public library instead of policing the Christian self-help dumping ground that every LFL ends up being

Every one I've looked at was like 60% airport thriller (not thrillers set in an airport, thrillers you buy at an airport because you're about to be stuck in one place for 4 hours and not have television or internet).

They will often have a copy of The Secret too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

grittyreboot posted:

One time I donated a couple books I enjoyed to the LFL on my street. A few days later I saw someone had dumped mine and everyone else's books on the sidewalk and stuffed it full of different Chicken Soup For The Souls

Better than the one near my home, where someone threw all the books into a lake and stuffed the box full of McDonald's wrappers

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

I walk by one every morning on the way to work, that seemed to have a pretty good turnover until someone left a copy of Dianetics, and then I don't think anybody even went close for like, six weeks.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Swan Lake Algae Problem posted:

I walk by one every morning on the way to work, that seemed to have a pretty good turnover until someone left a copy of Dianetics, and then I don't think anybody even went close for like, six weeks.

If it's walking distance from my home I'd grab a copy of dianetics.

And then throw it in a lake.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Nostradingus posted:

Better than the one near my home, where someone threw all the books into a lake and stuffed the box full of McDonald's wrappers

Yeah I finished that series in like a few hours and then I didn't have anything else to do on that bathroom trip.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/rishipuff/status/1410653561730576389?s=19

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Not the idiot etc

https://twitter.com/NoLore/status/1411125545560068100

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Edit: wrong thread

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/harlotposting/status/1410661688240574464

OP not idiot.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Skwirl posted:

Every one I've looked at was like 60% airport thriller (not thrillers set in an airport, thrillers you buy at an airport because you're about to be stuck in one place for 4 hours and not have television or internet).

Every one I've visited has been 90% Tom Clancy.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

It's weird that in Finnish Twitter you can go calling people the N word and towel heads and nothing happens. Well there was some purge on the new year, so I guess some outsourced guy checks them once a year.
The #Pride had been hell on my report finger.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Captain Monkey posted:

Free climb Uluru.

please don't, it is a sacred Indigenous site and climbing is forbidden by the traditional owners.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

thatbastardken posted:

please don't, it is a sacred Indigenous site and climbing is forbidden by the traditional owners.

I thought it was just taking from it that was forbidden, not climbing it.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

The thread really is full of people who don’t know how much stuff really costs and that if you spend $80 on a videogame and $5 on a towel, which will in fact not last for “years”, then you got your priorities hosed up.

“My parents spent $25 on a blender and it’s fine”. Uh huh son, no it’s not and if your parents are having to scrimp to that extent then maybe don’t bitch and whine at them about getting a PS5 you selfish wee bastard.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It was closed permanently to climbing in 2019. Actually it was closed earlier than they said it would be because a bunch of whities decided they'd go climb it before they closed it off and the owners said "right, gently caress that then" and shut it down early.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

nah climbing has been banned for a few years, much to the outrage of racists

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Oh, gotcha! Makes sense, if the practice of climbing it is desecration than, you know… don’t climb it. Didn’t know all the details.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Bugsy posted:

We all know movies are hard to understand, sometimes then can be very complicated.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Weeeeelllll, he does in fact murder multiple innocent people as I recall. :shrug:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Lmao I forgot that one existed.

So- I know that politics are hosed up and hard to be positive with.

As a mod, I’m not asking you to not post TERF dipshitteey here. You may still post dipshitshittery.

I just ask that you spend the next 24 hours posting things that made you laugh instead of angry. Not gonna probate or something, just want to encourage us all to laugh instead of be annoyed.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s a book, they were discussing the book.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Does it have to still be IOSM, or is the next 24 hours more a general mental health day?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I just ask that you spend the next 24 hours posting things that made you laugh instead of angry.

I do not comprehend.

e: wait okay scrubquotes is kinda cheating but

https://twitter.com/ScrubQuotesX/status/1411187952596643842

learning things is bad

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

BioEnchanted posted:

Does it have to still be IOSM, or is the next 24 hours more a general mental health day?

Funny idiots on social media.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh, gotcha! Makes sense, if the practice of climbing it is desecration than, you know… don’t climb it. Didn’t know all the details.

Someone I know visited just before it was closed (and didn't climb it, happily) mentioned that they said one of the reasons for asking people not to climb it is that people keep pissing on it while they're up there, which in addition to being lovely also contaminates the water that collects there.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It also just makes sense not to trust tourists. You can't trust people not to take souvenirs, so just don't allow them near it at all. No climbing assumes that if you climbed it, you'd probably take something too. At least banning climbing avoids that possibility.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Skwirl posted:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

kirbysuperstar posted:

I do not comprehend.

e: wait okay scrubquotes is kinda cheating but

https://twitter.com/ScrubQuotesX/status/1411187952596643842

learning things is bad

I’d laugh but this whole household sat there in utter confusion going “what the gently caress are we supposed to do??” with this chicken and egg game and had to Google to find out you were supposed to shake the controller.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Yep, checks out.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Lol

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
And the worst part, she never shuts up about "Travis, this super cute boy I met when I went off to mein summer kampf"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wait, so the book isn't about Hitler's hypothetical daughter, it's about some guy whose friend made up a story about Hitler's hypothetical daughter and that made him think about what he'd do if he was Hitler's daughter? Am I understanding this correctly?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

what the heck

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

His fictionKin is Hitler 's daughter

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Does Twitch count as social media? So a Twitch Streamer who goes by the name CohhCarnage was running a huge charity stream for his birthday, taking donations for St Judes Childrens Hospital. He's a long time streamer and on the level. He raised about $350k fairly quickly, and then all of a sudden they had a massive $600k donation by a single user. All seems good, as the donator was a long time member of CohhCarnages community, one who had been rumored before this to be a recent lotto winner.

Turns out the donator lied about the whole thing, but forged receipts, bank statements, transfer documents, etc etc, in order to pull the wool over everyones eyes. Unfortunately CohhCarnage had already told St Judes that they were getting a million+ for their donation. It quickly fell apart after that when St Judes never got the $600k portion.

Link to the story - https://www.dexerto.com/entertainment/cohhcarnage-twitch-viewer-lied-600k-donation-1605258/

Twitch video of CohhCarnage going over what happened
https://twitch.tv/videos/1074858508

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Goddamn that's scummy as gently caress.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
The poor streamer!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

This has nothing on this:

https://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Hitlers-Wife-Gary-Martin-ebook/dp/B082ZRT6DM

Tweeter is not the idiot:

https://twitter.com/RachaelHerron/status/1404635677765951489

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Getting some very powerful Poe's Law vibes off that.

I didn't read it all though, because, yeesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

OP isn't an idiot, but provides some insight on Gary LM Martin.

https://twitter.com/mpalmieri_/status/1407052951278047242