Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

this feels like a good thread to ask in. i kind of feel like taking a break from my bigass rpgs and yakuza to shred through a short indie game real fast, anyome got any recs? i already beat outer wilds and cant be easily trolled

if you like puzzle platformers, i beat Deadcore the other day and it was pretty good. got a bit disorienting in a few parts for me, but i'd say it's worth the sale price it's at rn, and you can absolutely beat it in a handful of hours.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fungah! posted:

this feels like a good thread to ask in. i kind of feel like taking a break from my bigass rpgs and yakuza to shred through a short indie game real fast, anyome got any recs? i already beat outer wilds and cant be easily trolled

an indie game? for you to shred through?

how about one that came from a certain canadian game jam?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Fungah! posted:

Chicory or Supraland, depending on what you're in the mood for.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

b_d posted:

that kid had good taste. probably the best game on the snes, nothing else comes close. he’s probably topping the speedrun.com leaderboards.

he was dead weight. he just slammed the special attack button in a random direction repeatedly and at the end of every 2-3 levels we had to use the konami code just to bring him back to life.

Fungah! posted:

i liked obduction. i know cyan isn't exactly indie but it was a kickstarter, lol. it's a really quick game, but you can sit and take your time with it and just sort of explore all the corners. sip some tea, take your own epic gamer notes, etc. i absolutely love the Myst games, though, so you gotta take my rec with a little grain of salt

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Lmfao it was just called Spider: The Video Game

The kids' magazine Zillions had a "here's how video games are made" article and this was the in-development game they featured and interviewed the developer about.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

an indie game? for you to shred through?

how about one that came from a certain canadian game jam?

lol

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Heath posted:

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
I can second that

A bit longer, same vein: Iconoclasts, I really liked that one

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
I remember playing a lot of independence day on saturn. I don't think it was good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Simply Simon posted:

I can second that

A bit longer, same vein: Iconoclasts, I really liked that one

It's definitely worth playing but I had this feeling through it of missed potential where it could have been one of the Indie Treasure greats of all time and never quite nailed it. Hard to put my finger on what was missing

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

I do agree, it's like a 90% game when it looks like it should be 110. The biggest issues are probably that the story is too overwrought for both the type of game it is and how it looks, creating a weird atmosphere mismatch, and the difficulty never quite lands - either it's too easy to tank everything, or it's confusingly hard because you can't see poo poo from all the particles

Now Hollow Knight, that's a 112% game

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

waiting for fungah to tell us that platformers are poo poo slop for babies and why nobody recs REAL games

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Simply Simon posted:

waiting for fungah to tell us that platformers are poo poo slop for babies and why nobody recs REAL games

:classiclol:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The noob coming hard at the respected regular for no apparent reason. A bold play…

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Simply Simon posted:

I'm gonna whoop ya' rear end.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Simply Simon posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The noob coming hard at the respected regular for no apparent reason. A bold play…

having no idea what hes talking about, im now also waiting for fungah to tell us that platformers are poo poo slop for babies and why nobody recs REAL games

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I can respect it

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Simply Simon posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Waiting for the press release from Fungah’s legal team

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Simply Simon posted:

the gauntlet has been thrown... :staredog:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

what the gently caress are tou even talking about

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

platformers kick rear end id theyre done right, hollow knight is extreme ly good and i'm pumped for silksong. did you pull my name out of a hat or are you still pissed i took a swipe at you that kne time

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDYKslnO0r0&t=211s

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Every time I see a variant on that joke I get increasingly afraid to admit I don't get it

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

lmfao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Every time I see a variant on that joke I get increasingly afraid to admit I don't get it

fungah loves adorable maid tuffy almost as much as he hates platformers

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

This.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mycophobia posted:

Exactly.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol at someone requesting indie game recommendations and someone tripping over themselves to post Hollow Knight lmao, a real hidden gem.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

American McGay posted:

lol at someone requesting indie game recommendations and someone tripping over themselves to post Hollow Knight lmao, a real hidden gem.

Hollow Knight is well-known because it is good, fella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Heath posted:

Hollow Knight is well-known because it is good, fella

thank you for clarifying