Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

They're not really well known because up till now they've only made hanafuda cards, but if you want to play some pretty good games you should check out Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Heath posted:

Hollow Knight is well-known because it is good, fella

yes, that is what he said

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Every time I see a variant on that joke I get increasingly afraid to admit I don't get it

it was from the screenshot thread

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

delete this page and try again imo

Fungah! posted:

ok we're clear.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bicyclops posted:

just a suggestion, but maybe let's post screenshots that are funny or cool instead of just hosed up and weird.

in retrospect those screenshots were really funny and cool

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

*reaching for panic button while nodding and smiling politely* ahhh haha got you, good stuff

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Me: oh lol we all keep recommending platformers, what if Fungah prefers strategy indie gems like into the breach or roguelikes like the wonderful slay the spire, let's make a joke about that

Response: how dare you insinuate that famous imp fungah doesn't like platformers, you loving bitch, he loves platformers

Me: guess I came at the king but missed the jump and there's spikes underneath

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i have no idea what youre talking about op.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i think your joke making technique needs a lot of work.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
finally someone says it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

anyone who likes crash bandicoot or any other sony mascot platformers like jak & daxter or ratchet & clank has stockholm’d themselves

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

what on eartj is happening

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

anyone who likes crash bandicoot or any other sony mascot platformers like jak & daxter or ratchet & clank has stockholm’d themselves

a number of the people i work with had the ps2 as their first console so this might be true of a bunch of 20 year olds. they just dont have a frame of reference and were denied the gaming nirvana that was the gamecube.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Simply Simon posted:

Me: oh lol we all keep recommending platformers, what if Fungah prefers strategy indie gems like into the breach or roguelikes like the wonderful slay the spire, let's make a joke about that

Response: how dare you insinuate that famous imp fungah doesn't like platformers, you loving bitch, he loves platformers

hahah for sure dude :D love the analogy too, real top shelf stuff

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

Too true

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

scary ghost dog posted:

Regy Rusty posted:

Starting this year off with some lovely Bloodborne

2. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About TIme (1/6)
5. Bugsnax - Platinum Trophy (1/24)
23. Ratchet and Clank 2: Going Commando (6/27)
24. Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal (6/29)
25. Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (7/3)

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm playing them for the first time and they're pretty good!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

:dogwhistle:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My friend in hs tried to convince me that Jak and Daxter 2 was the best video game ever made by making me watch him play the entire game over the course of a night. I spent the whole night hoping we could play Guitar Hero at some point.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

NienNunb posted:

My friend in hs tried to convince me that Jak and Daxter 2 was the best video game ever made by making me watch him play the entire game over the course of a night. I spent the whole night hoping we could play Guitar Hero at some point.

I had the opposite experience where a friend of mine interrupted a party where everyone was taking turns playing katamari to show us how he could play fire and the flames on guitar hero, then failed like 5 times before blaming the controller and switching to an easier song.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I did like the first Jak and Daxter but 2 was too awful even for me so I gave up on that series there.

Still got 3 Ratchet games to go before I'm done so watch out! (No PS5 to play the new one yet)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Simply Simon posted:

For you, the day Fungah graced your thread was the most important day of your life. But for him… it was Tuesday

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Sub-Actuality posted:

For you, the day Fungah graced your thread was the most important day of your life. But for him… it was Tuesday

lol

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

NienNunb posted:

Plebian Parasite posted:

I had the opposite experience where a friend of mine interrupted a party where everyone was taking turns playing katamari to show us how he could play fire and the flames on guitar hero, then failed like 5 times before blaming the controller and switching to an easier song.

lmao

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Simply Simon posted:

Better not forget it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NienNunb posted:

Plebian Parasite posted:

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
waiting for fungah to call me a big bitch and say the video games I like are for wussy boys

waiting for fungah to knock my lunch tray out of my hands and treat me like a ho. I'll cry again and again. bring it on you bully

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh I actually thought of one:

Fable 2 barely ran at 12fps on 360 but it's one of my most memorable gaming experiences since it was the first HD game I ever played. Plus I really loved the world

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Fable 2 barely ran at 12fps on 360 but it's one of my most memorable gaming experiences since it was the first HD game I ever played. Plus I really loved the world

It's my favorite Fable as well. It felt mysterious and epic in a way few western games ever manage

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

also genuinely liked fable 2, it had tons of character. I got obsessed with slowly buying up every building in the world

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ratchet and Clank is fun, and hell, so is Jak and Daxter 1.

Hiraeth
May 14, 2021
how are the newer ratchet and clank games anyway? developers keep churning them out and jak and daxter has been shelved since '09, so it seems like someone's doing something right

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Hiraeth posted:

how are the newer ratchet and clank games anyway? developers keep churning them out and jak and daxter has been shelved since '09, so it seems like someone's doing something right

Rift Apart is supposedly pretty cool, but prior to that there's only been two other mainline R+C games in the last decade, The movie tie in remake that was pretty, but mediocre, and 'Into the Nexus' which I've never heard anyone talk about even among people who like R+C.

Crack in Time is probably the best R+C game, but that was back in 2009.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ratshit and Jank.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you can fail at farting and poop your pants

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Ratchet and Stank: Ripped a Fart

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm gonna whoop ya' rear end.

lmfao my god the avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tfw when you come back and see a thread that has 69 unread replies and it turns out it's because some weirdo decided to take a swing at Fungah for no fuckin reason lmao