Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer
Speaking of the box, the AoS launch event is running and they're going to talk about the box for an hour or so until they drop some new previews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer
Speaking of the box, the AoS launch event is running and they're going to talk about the box for an hour or so until they drop some new previews.

Really hope the battletomes are soon, Kruleboyz are kool but sitting around without a codex for a month or more is decidedly not kool

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

AnEdgelord posted:

Really hope the battletomes are soon, Kruleboyz are kool but sitting around without a codex for a month or more is decidedly not kool
Since it would take me around two months to paint them, I'm okay with that.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Nice to see some Goonhammer representation in the gallery of stuff on the stream.

Picked up my Dominion box and I figure I’ll get to it on an upcoming week off.

I nabbed a can of Runelord Brass for Yndrastra and I was wondering if it’d be a good undercoat for a copper colour? I posted my test model earlier in the thread and I figure since there’s some Runelord Brass details it’ll be a good timesaver.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Man my box is still pending on GW's site, thought I might get Dominion today or tomorrow but if it hasn't even shipped yet it's probably gonna be a week or more...

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

lots of new shinies

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

They just got mentioned, Orruk Warclans and Stormcast books. Will update when they drop a date.

No date yet sadly.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 3, 2021

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

And some gribblies

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/03/warhammer-preview-online-dominion-celebration/

Live blog post with pictures. Guess we're just getting those reveals.

Turns out the stream hosts got their info wrong:

quote:

The new Orruk Warclans and Stormcast Eternals battletomes are available to pre-order in August. A third battletome will follow these in October – something a little more Chaos-flavoured, we hear. And this is just the beginning – there’s a lot in store for the new edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I love this weird lizard-ape.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

I love this weird lizard-ape.

Yeah, very Dark Crystal

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Cooked Auto posted:

Turns out the stream hosts got their info wrong:
The rumors said that Nurgle is one of the first battletomes, so I'm guessing that.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Winklebottom posted:

And some gribblies

Loving the look of these so far, especially the gator dragon thing. Crossing my fingers that the sloggoth and the Breaka-boss they showed a few weeks back both get the monster keyword.

Id also love to see some heavier infantry and cavalry but they already said there was more stuff coming so im not too concerned.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

PlayOnTabletop is doing a live stream at 3pm PST today the 3rd, of their first ever game of AoS so it should be quite interesting. Hopefully Nick is playing.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Also, Tabletop Titans are doing their AoS 3.0 debut in less than an hour.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Talas posted:

The rumors said that Nurgle is one of the first battletomes, so I'm guessing that.

That wouldn’t surprise me, Nurgle’s always been a big seller, and they’ve been using the same book for a while. Still would’ve liked Skaven to be the surprise chaos pick, but I hope they’re planning a larger updates for them soon. Someday it’ll happen…

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Definitely happy about Nurgle getting a new book since they're so drat fun to paint, and I'd love for them to get a bit more unit variety on the human side (or at least make a mix of Blightkings and Blightgoyles actually viable). Just not a fan of the demon sculpts at all aside from the GUO and a few of the newer characters.

Unfortunately it's going to end up with them being all underpowered and crappy in like 6 months when all the other new book power creep leaves them in the dust, but ah well.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Unfortunately it's going to end up with them being all underpowered and crappy in like 6 months when all the other new book power creep leaves them in the dust, but ah well.

Yeah current 40k is not exactly inspiring confidence in GW's ability to balance books

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

AnEdgelord posted:

Yeah current 40k is not exactly inspiring confidence in GW's ability to balance books

Yeah, and I mean part of it too is definitely that as much as players want balance, there is also kind of an expectation of each new book being bigger and better. At this point I've just resigned myself to it and I just hope they mix up the release order enough that every army gets to experience the feast and famine aspect of it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Nurgle and Idoneth are probably the books most direly in need.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Gloomspite and Sylvaneth would be my priorities just because honestly those armies are borderline unplayable right now. Gitz were almost in a "not competitive, but still fun" place with the White Dwarf supplements, but right now both of those armies are honestly not even enjoyable to play.

But yeah there are quite a few books that need some drastic work. It'll be interesting to see how much all of this schedule backup from the Covid / Brexit tag-team affects everything.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

AnEdgelord posted:

Loving the look of these so far, especially the gator dragon thing. Crossing my fingers that the sloggoth and the Breaka-boss they showed a few weeks back both get the monster keyword.

Id also love to see some heavier infantry and cavalry but they already said there was more stuff coming so im not too concerned.

Not gonna lie, the new gutrippaz and monster mounts are some of the first AoS original designs that I like.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I picked up the Kruleboyz from a friend but I wasn’t able to get instructions. Anyone know of any online/willing to take pics of theirs?

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Winklebottom posted:

lots of new shinies

Wow, so much good kitbashing pieces out of all of of the new Stormcast stuff between the caster wizard persons face mask in Dominion, the wings on angel person, this guy's magnificent beard

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Looking closer at the big monster I realized it looks way more like a giant komodo dragon rather than a gator

Anisotropic Shader
Nov 25, 2005

You're talkin' about what would basically be the most important model train layout of all time you realize.

AnEdgelord posted:

Looking closer at the big monster I realized it looks way more like a giant komodo dragon rather than a gator

This is even more fitting because the stream revealed that those creatures are so toxic that they make use of the Kruleboys faction power - and increase the number of mortal wounds it causes for themselves and anyone around them!

You know, like how komodo dragons have their rancid infection-inflicting bites!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also we can see images of a Wyvern or something in the background of the new Orruk Warclans book.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Beerdeer posted:

I picked up the Kruleboyz from a friend but I wasn’t able to get instructions. Anyone know of any online/willing to take pics of theirs?

Email games workshop support. They've always sent over PDF instructions for stuff to me without a fuss.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Anisotropic Shader posted:

You know, like how komodo dragons have their rancid infection-inflicting bites!

I believe this has been disputed and it's just venom, but the idea is still cool

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

Beerdeer posted:

You may also be able to search it up here: https://www.reddit.com/r/WarhammerInstructions/

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

How are people making AoS 3 lists right now? https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/ and Azyr both aren't updated yet, and I want to plan out how I get my Gloomspite army to 2k.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Right now your only method is by hand, I think.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I don't know why I'm surprised, but it still baffles me how poorly organized these launches are. I assumed they would have all this ready to go, pre-patch the apps with the updated points and flip the switch to turn it on today. They also haven't shipped my preorder rulebook I placed 6/19. I thought preorders were supposed to be release date delivery?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Chainclaw posted:

I don't know why I'm surprised, but it still baffles me how poorly organized these launches are. I assumed they would have all this ready to go, pre-patch the apps with the updated points and flip the switch to turn it on today. They also haven't shipped my preorder rulebook I placed 6/19. I thought preorders were supposed to be release date delivery?

You see we need to get rid of the app that works just fine so we can give you a more expensive app that does the same thing

If this doesn't make sense, just know that this is a business decision and GW isn't subject to the whims of some nerd :smug:

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Warscroll Builder is going to be updated tomorrow. It’s a one-man project and the guy has been working on the updates for a while.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Danimo posted:

It’s a one-man project

This is everything wrong with GW in a nutshell.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Yeah seriously wtf it's the best army builder they offer, how is it one guy? Hire me GW I will be the second guy for it

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

There was a footnote in a warcom article saying not to expect stuff to ship to NA until July 31.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

The Deleter posted:

Yeah seriously wtf it's the best army builder they offer, how is it one guy? Hire me GW I will be the second guy for it

Warscroll Builder is a fan-made tool that they decided to support and start hosting on their site in 2017. The creator, Tony Pacheco, isn’t full time GW, it’s just a side project for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
built everything but the grots last night and holy hell was that way more enjoyable than dealing with glue