Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MonsieurChoc posted:

I didn't finish Royal, but isn't Ann living with Shiho in the alternate timeline?

No, they're still just friends who I guess hang out a lot more because Shiho is still at Shujin? I think?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Arist posted:

No, they're still just friends who I guess hang out a lot more because Shiho is still at Shujin? I think?

It’s this, yeah. Shiho never left Shujin in Maruki’s reality.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Strikers: I just realized that it's kind of weird that Akane is in her school uniform for all her scenes considering the game takes place during what I assume is every Japanese school's summer break

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Arist posted:

Aww, pity.

Also thanks for the spoiler fix on my post, whoever did it. I should be more careful with it.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
P5R in the bag.

I liked the third semester stuff but I am so loving glad to be done with the game.

Also I got beat up by all my girlfriends, which owned.

Only confidants I didn't max were Tower, Fortune, Devil, Moon, and Sun.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Sun is a good person though, shame on you.

As for Moon, it's probably one of the better sadsack links in that the sadsack admits they're a sadsack and finally decides to become less of one.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was able to set aside the evening, so palace 3 is in the books

I'm on Merciless and most of the dungeon was babytown frolics where I was barely even using SP. Then I ran into enough cameras that I almost got to 100% alarm lol (can't believe Ohya might have been useful) and then the two miniboss fights either one-shot Joker or nearly killed the party lol. I really can't let anything get a turn in, can I

Based on previous discussion I am only summoning the DLC Personas when they are level appropriate. I had Orpheus and then during a Fusion Alarm I fused into Orpheus Picaro, seems good

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

I'm kinda take it or leave it with the combat system, but the rest of this game so far is gold.

And she says it so cheerfully too :kimchi:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Haru is pretty dang good in Strikers. Honestly the whole cast get their time in the spotlight. Morgana, Ryuji and Futaba have less of a presence, but that's fine since they take the lion's share of it in P5 already, which is pretty smart of them, and even then Ryuji's VAing is gold, Futaba has endless meme references and Morgana gets his own few moments to shine.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Good hustle team

Compared to me dying like 10 times in palace 2, this boss was a "one-shot"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ApplesandOranges posted:

and even then Ryuji's VAing is gold

send it back

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

SEND IT BACK

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

SEND THE EFFIN' THING BACK!

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I thought the Billiken statue in Osaka you can rub for bond points was some Buddhist god, but apparently it's a god that was made up by a Kansas City schoolteacher in the early 1900's?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"well this blew up"

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’ve got Okumara’s palace coming up soon and I’m full of dread

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Carlosologist posted:

I’ve got Okumara’s palace coming up soon and I’m full of dread

Don't just stand there.
Burn it.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/Atlus_West/status/1410297079650349062

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

You beat me to it.

Always gonna be the best Persona game.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Do we know its Vita numbers for comparison?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

it's hard to say; in December 2013 Atlus had announced 700k, but they would say later in april 2014 that it moved 350k units

if I had to guess I'd say that the 700k number might include the original game, but frankly all I can say for sure is that P4G on the vita probably sold somewhere between 350k-1 million copies

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It took me over an hour to solve today's crossword, that was almost as long as I spent in Mementos lol

The other clues were 2 down "skeleton's hangout" (6) and 3 down "decorative pattern" (6)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The $20 price point definitely helped too.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

They should finally release P5R on PC so it can also sell a ton more copies

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Elvis_Maximus posted:

They should finally release P5R on PC so it can also sell a ton more copies

The monkey’s paw curls a finger. It’s Epic Store exclusive and comes with fortnite.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

IIRC it was leaked to be hitting the windows store at some point I think.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'd prefer if they drop P4G on Switch, I use my handhelds way more for gaming these days.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'd prefer if they drop P4G on Switch, I use my handhelds way more for gaming these days.

and PS5. I don't PC game anymore. Had to hook it up to the TV with a controller to play P4G. :argh:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I had some Amazon gift card money lying around, so I bought a Vita and P4G. very excited to see what's what with that game

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm still not 100% on why 'EGS exclusive' is such a terrible curse. People complain about it, I can't help but hear the "Steam exclusive" complaints from a decade ago.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

girl dick energy posted:

I'm still not 100% on why 'EGS exclusive' is such a terrible curse. People complain about it, I can't help but hear the "Steam exclusive" complaints from a decade ago.

This is an entire can of worms conspiracy about the Epic Game Store being a Chinese espionage program that was designed to steal your data and give it to the Chinese governement

Which is totally different from Steam. Steam would never do that.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

Mostly, it's just a much worse designed storefront, and a lot more intrusive than Steam is - loads more popups, downloads starting without user consent.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Lunar Suite posted:

Mostly, it's just a much worse designed storefront

It's mind boggling they still don't have a shopping cart.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

It's mind boggling they still don't have a shopping cart.

What's even worse is that the Unreal Marketplace, which you access within the Epic Games Store launcher, has a shopping cart

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Cleared Okumura's Palace last night. I have no idea why that fight is so overtuned near the end. I had to go up to Merciless to get enough damage. Hardest part was beating the Chief Directors, the Execurobo was a joke with the beefed up technical damage after using one stun gun

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I was doing my first playthrough on Merciless anyways so when I saw the first person complain about Okumura I was like "huh weird I thought it was easy" and then a million people started mentioning it

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I couldn’t beat it even on Merciless, I had to turn it down to Easy. I’d make it to the phase with the green robots multiple times on merciless and without fail the first that would happen in that round would be one of the robots critting and killing Joker from full health, even through a Rakukaja.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The best weekend event

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NikkolasKing posted:

You beat me to it.

Always gonna be the best Persona game.

Best at being BAD

:colbert:

I definitely liked it at the time but I feel the least need to go back to it. Putting everything else aside, a lot of people in that game have kinda weird faces.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It took me over an hour to solve today's crossword, that was almost as long as I spent in Mementos lol

The other clues were 2 down "skeleton's hangout" (6) and 3 down "decorative pattern" (6)

I never did find where those were. Apparently leblanc somewhere.

Lunar Suite posted:

Mostly, it's just a much worse designed storefront, and a lot more intrusive than Steam is - loads more popups, downloads starting without user consent.

That and just being annoying to have a bunch of different storefronts are why I don't use it.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

For me it's entirely that I want all my poo poo in one place (Steam) or I forget I have it. It's a stupid reason but it's the truth.