Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He should drop the lyrics as a heel and add an orchestra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he should use Emi Sakura’s theme for heeling

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They should do a metal version of One Winged Angel similar to this but less Doom: https://youtu.be/WAWuZevxRtk

And you change the parts where it goes "sephiroth" it goes "Omega" instead.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
No, it should still be sephiroth

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

karmicknight posted:

No, it should still be sephiroth

I'll accept this only if he changes his name to sephiroth Omega.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tony just needs to shell out for One Winged Angel...but the one used in FF7 Remake

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm slowly coming to the realization that the next Dynamite is going to be somewhere other than Daily's Place and man I'm stoked for Wednesday.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm really digging the neon 80s Vice City aesthetic they're using for Road Rager

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

I'm really digging the neon 80s Vice City aesthetic they're using for Road Rager

I hope the intro is a special vaporware style thing.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

That's the Miami graphics, I think. It was used for Bash at the Beach night one from Miami before the Jericho Cruise.

explosivo posted:

I'm slowly coming to the realization that the next Dynamite is going to be somewhere other than Daily's Place and man I'm stoked for Wednesday.

it's going to be loving weird.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

karmicknight posted:

it's going to be loving weird.

Yeah it is. I hope it's going to be a nuclear hot crowd to offset the weirdness.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rarity posted:

I need Miami Vice Cody to make a return for Road Rager.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Kenny should come to the ring to the opening theme from FFVIII, Like with the FMV on the TonyTron and everything.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Vandar posted:

I need Miami Vice Cody to make a return for Road Rager.

Put Cody, Shida, and the Butcher and the Blade in a faction. I can't think of anyone else who's rocked a white jacket.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Mr. Squishy posted:

Put Cody, Shida, and the Butcher and the Blade in a faction. I can't think of anyone else who's rocked a white jacket.

Nick Comoroto.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ-xZKU4XkU

"You're entering the barbarian's house. Until death, and after."

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/realjddrake/status/1411377014465089536?s=21

Miro to Wingmen confirmed.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

My Lovely Horse posted:

See I never take that sort of thing as "aw I guess MJF isn't actually that good" but more like "wow Sammy is that good, huh". To me it elevates the guy kicking out of a move more than it brings down the guy doing the move. Protecting finishers notwithstanding, obvs.

Both can be true.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

he should use Emi Sakura’s theme for heeling

cursed

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I've definitely heard a Bullet Club-lite song on AEW before. Not sure if that's the Good Brothers' TNA theme or what, but I'm surprised they don't use it more often.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There is an overall elite theme they’ve used a couple of times but people are divided on how good it is,

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'll accept this only if he changes his name to sephiroth Omega.

Sephie Rothmega

fake edit: which leads to the tag team of Sephie & Effy

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

There's an Elite theme, then also a Good Bros theme, and Anderson has a solo theme. They all kinda sound Bullet Club-esque in different ways.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Has anybody else here considered the (slim) possibility that Mox's paternity leave will last longer than anticipated and he won't come back until the dust has settled on the whole Elite vs the world thing?

And when he does return he'll go after Miro?

Sound sorta crazy? Sure. But Mox has been feuding with the Elite for nigh 6 months now. That's kinda...enough.

Also; as much as I loved the match I would not have thought of the ersatz team of Eddie and Penta being the ones to beat The Bucks. I guess that's why it worked so well. They'll probably lose hard next week. And they should quite frankly. Unless they are crazy enough to think that the entirety of Death Triangle will ever be healthy at the same time again and they're setting up Eddie/Penta v Pac/Fenix. Which I would hate because it would result in every actual established tag team in AEW continuing to sit on their thumbs as the titles are fought over by two ersatz teams.

How long is Trent out for this time? If he's out for awhile it will almost definitely be Best Friends' time once he gets back. They've become the creme of the 'rest' of AEW's tag division IMHO. Crazy when a year ago I thought they'd spend their time stuck in the middle of the pack for their run.

One last thing; he seriously named her "Liberty"? Hey Cody, what's the food like in the Ivory Tower.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mox is going to be on NJPW Strong in August so he's absolutely not sitting out in AEW for that long.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Mox is also on the poster for a couple of the July shows.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They probably want Mox for All out and the Queens show too

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

They probably want Mox for All out and the Queens show too

I think he probably pops back up at one of the Fyter Fest shows to build towards something for those shows.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

people are very loving weird about what people name their kids

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I get why the assumption is that Cody came up with the name himself but there's no actual evidence, it could just as easily have been Brandi's idea.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/HEELZiggler/status/1411394983236567041

Lmao

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cody should have gone with a more traditional name like Moon Unit

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The one thing WWE consistently did right was make heel themes a downtempo remix of their face theme. Rukus should make a doom version of Battle Cry.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I usually don't care but it harkens back to his godawful, tone-deaf American Dream promo.
And maybe Brandi named her, I don't know. I'm just following the smoke.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The. :mrgw:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Arn named the babba, he looked at his menu and whispered the name to brandy

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
the baby chose their own name

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
oh whoops sorry misread that, its the Pissbaby chose the name

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Liberty is a good name for a kid whose parents are trying to get voted into office by idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
as it turns out liberty has been in the top 1k baby names every year for the last two decades so it's a lot more common than i thought