Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
https://twitter.com/UE/status/1410300881761882112

Uhhhhh whoops?

I know greenpeace is dumb, but can't ignore them catching Exxon saying the quiet part out loud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

ZombieApostate posted:

Uhhhhh whoops?

I know greenpeace is dumb, but can't ignore them catching Exxon saying the quiet part out loud

You know when you hear this voice that they did some bad poo poo, that was the best first impression.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Moorish Science Temple are Muslim, similar to Nation of Islam or Five Percenters.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/fos/status/1410965448385089541?s=21

The new NCAA regulations own

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

boop the snoot posted:

The new NCAA regulations own

I hope past "Stoodent Atholeetes" sue the everloving gently caress out of the NCAA in the biggest class action suit in history, especially the ones who got hurt and had their lives adversely affected due to the injuries.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The cynic in me is wondering what fresh hell awaits now this monkey paw curled another finger.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
I guess deep down I know the answer to this already but has Fox News had some no name boomer has-been college athlete bitch and moan about "millennial" athletes getting all this money now?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

NJersey posted:

I guess deep down I know the answer to this already but has Fox News had some no name boomer has-been college athlete bitch and moan about "millennial" athletes getting all this money now?

You don't even need boomers for that one.

https://twitter.com/FirstTake/status/1172538239095332864?s=20

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

"You should be doing it for the passion, not the money!" is the biggest line of bullshit in American capitalism. As a teacher, I have hated it for a loooooong time.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Stultus Maximus posted:

"You should be doing it for the passion, not the money!" is the biggest line of bullshit in American capitalism. As a teacher, I have hated it for a loooooong time.

Yeah it's pretty basic "I don't understand my own privilege so everyone should have it the same as me" bullshit.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I like that Tim Tebow is able to consistently prove that "boomer" isn't an age as much as it's a mindset.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Tim Tebow is gonna start at QB this year. Christ compels it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bengy81 posted:

I like that Tim Tebow is able to consistently prove that "boomer" isn't an age as much as it's a mindset.

The mindset is "religious conservative weirdo"

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Wasabi the J posted:

The cynic in me is wondering what fresh hell awaits now this monkey paw curled another finger.

New thread title

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

ZombieApostate posted:

Uhhhhh whoops?

https://twitter.com/PeterBrannen1/status/1411359297875886089

Also, if you're interested in giving yourself severe and crippling existential dread (well, more than usual), check out a book called The Ends of the World by the author of that tweet. It is very good.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Lot of people worried about this world when there's another in the Kingdom of Heaven awaiting, duh

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Wasabi the J posted:

College sports being even more in your face which sucks if you're not a fan, and higher ticket/merch prices which sucks if you are. Gotta get that money back.

Hopefully injuries go down, though.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

Lot of people worried about this world when there's another in the Kingdom of Heaven awaiting, duh

"So what if I'm not as rich as the King, *my* castle awaits me in Heaven!"

"So what if I'm not as rich as Andrew Carnegie, John D. Rockefeller, or Andrew Mellon, *my* mansion awaits me in Heaven!"

"So what if I'm not as rich as Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos, they're enormous fuckheads who will die of their cancer getting cancer in space. NO GODS, NO MASTERS, NO ESCAPE."

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 3, 2021

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I pissed out on college football a while back because of NCAA frustration. I also gave up on watching NFL football which I had watched literally my entire life longer than I can remember when they tried to tell the players not to kneel and the player Union overruled them within a week. Given all of the crap with concussions and how generally terrible Roger goodell is I couldn't stomach watching it anymore. Given the current NCAA rules now though I kind of feel like it might be fun to watch college football again after a couple of years off.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I hate college sports, and was already starting to not give a poo poo about the NFL due to how the concussion stuff (among other things) were handled, but yeah the whole kneeling thing put the nail in that coffin for me. gently caress the NFL.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Like 6 years late but I just watched Fury

There were a couple good scenes but mostly it felt like a second-rate Saving Private Ryan with all the same stock characters, shames

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
college esports gonna be silly

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Eason the Fifth posted:

There were a couple good scenes but mostly it felt like a second-rate Saving Private Ryan with all the same stock characters, shames

You're completely right, but hear me out on this:

tanks.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Madurai posted:

You're completely right, but hear me out on this:

tanks.

Also lots and lots and lots of dead Nazis.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also lots and lots and lots of dead Nazis.

A modern american fairytale.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Yeah the fight with the Tiger was great, and that sequence when they look up and see all the bombers crossing the sky was Different and Interesting, but the characters were just another version of Miller/Upham/Jackson with all the same character traits and the same story beats. Leaders die and shitbirds live. Alamo fight at the end. Etc.

I think this is mostly a David Ayer thing. His movies I've seen (Training Day, End of Watch, Fury) are pretty average and hackneyed with below-par third acts but often salvaged by great acting (like Denzel Washington as Alonzo Harris).

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 3, 2021

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

The Onion is pretty good these days

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1410709115333234691?s=20

Oh wait

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Well, for like, 55% of the country.

The rest see it as a bunch of ARE TRUUPZ killing some good-hearted yet misguided individuals. "H8 teh sin nott the sinur." :jerkbag:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Eason the Fifth posted:

It was extremely annoying that the film literally did the "it took five shermans to knock out one tiger" myth, but putting actual history and tactics aside it was cool to see old those old tanks rumbling around, with some great effects to boot.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
It really made me want to play company of heroes again, I'll give it that. And the sound mixing was excellent. I just wish the script was better.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It was extremely annoying that the film literally did the "it took five shermans to knock out one tiger" myth, but putting actual history and tactics aside it was cool to see old those old tanks rumbling around, with some great effects to boot.

It was honestly worth the ticket price just to geek out seeing Tiger 131 in action with Hollywood filters.

One thing I didn't really like was the absolutely sickening use of tracer effects that made it look like the Empire vs. the Rebels.

Eason the Fifth posted:

It really made me want to play company of heroes again, I'll give it that. And the sound mixing was excellent. I just wish the script was better.

There are a good amount of deleted scenes that add a lot more "ohhhhh, so THAT'S why they did what they did/said what they said" nuance to the film. I think all of them are up on Youtube.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It's not really a myth if it's true for the scenario. Attacking a Tiger from the front across an open field is about the dumbest thing you could possibly do. Tigers, Panthers and Tiger2s on defense did so much better than on attack. Hard to break down if you arent moving.

But yes they should have bypassed it and called in air support or outflanked it or have infantry screen. Instead a pair of 75s and a 76 went straight at it.

The screenplay sucked especially the ridiculous inability of massed infantry to deal with a broken down tank in the middle of the road but damned if they didnt scrimp on the budget for the set design and vehicles.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2021/07/03/biden-reacts-to-shacarri-richardson-suspension-the-rules-are-the-rules/?sh=47e3f6cf4aa2

quote:

After sprinter Sha’Carri Richardson was suspended from the U.S. Olympic team due to a positive marijuana test, President Joe Biden reacted Saturday by arguing “the rules are the rules,” opting not to criticize a penalty that’s drawn sharp backlash this week.

But don’t worry, Ice Cream Grandpa is “really proud” of how she responded to having her dreams crushed over something that 100% of people surveyed indicate was totally loving stupid and outdated 20 years ago. :rolleyes:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

BREAKING NEWS

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'd kill for that weather tbh

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

*May not apply to a shockingly large portion of Americans.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It sure is convenient it's the only war in which conservatives struggle to justify the motives of the enemy

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
yeahwedidit.mp4

https://twitter.com/JanNWolfe/status/1411497256616873992?s=19

Note: they're dead to rights because the organization kept two sets of books, so whatevs

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Ricky Williams should get half of that, considering Master P's incredibly stupid loving contract that he negotiated for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://mobile.twitter.com/uhshanti/status/1411180788347858945?s=21