Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Ame has a Spanish and Japanese only stream and is randomly throwing in Japanese in Spanish sentences

E: Ina has also been ridiculously productive in minecraft today, got Axlotls, got a new horse, got seas cucumbers, got glow stone and is making an aquarium on the 3rd floor of her house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kwyndig posted:

I can't wait for the pop up parade figures, they tend to be more affordable but still pretty quality. I'm gonna get an Ina and a Callie and a Gura.
they're unpainted, right? that seems like it'd be a dealbreaker for a lot of folks. if they were actual figures instead of statues, I'd be interested, but those are just statues, so pass.

is gura the only nendo(so far)?

is there an archive of the stream anywhere? I'm not seeing it on any of the channels.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Captain Invictus posted:

they're unpainted, right? that seems like it'd be a dealbreaker for a lot of folks. if they were actual figures instead of statues, I'd be interested, but those are just statues, so pass.

is gura the only nendo(so far)?

is there an archive of the stream anywhere? I'm not seeing it on any of the channels.

It was an online AX panel, so we're not likely to see any archives of it.

It also makes sense that Gura would be the first to get a Nendo, she's MADDENINGLY popular. It was kinda funny seeing Ina realize that people are making figures of her, though.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Just finished watching marines connect 1mil celebration

This what everyone deserves for 1 mil. That was so good.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I've only heard good things about Pop up Parade figures for their price. As much as I love Korone I can't justify dropping $270+ shipping on a figure. I can however justify getting a few of the EN girls at $45 MSRP.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Captain Invictus posted:

they're unpainted, right?

Oof, if so that's a real blow. :smith:

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Space Luna's 1K subscriber celebration is on Youtube tonight. It includes the results of her cookie contest, Luna's Favorite Things (random Youtube videos + whatever else people suggest, I think?), a drawing for a mostly-private (3ppl + Luna) Discord movie night together, fan-art / skeb review + model history from sketch to Live2D, and a bunch of other random stuff. Also, apparently some kind of secret at the end. No clue.

It starts in approximately... now. Surprise!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xa-eqXL1mY

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

they're unpainted, right? that seems like it'd be a dealbreaker for a lot of folks.

Huh? Where are you getting unpainted from?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Were you maybe seeing a prototype? Prototypes are often shown off unpainted before the main production run

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah they're painted vinyl figures.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
But they're painted Unpainted Grey

Mouse wants to start doing VShojo Meme Reviews, and is also getting closer to starting her talk show, and also is now both a dragon and a phoenix

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Just saw this video from last month. Nene is the one Hololive performer I really want to meet in person, just because I need to know if she really is this uncomfortably weird or if it's a bit she puts on for her character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKQcOe6UkSA

It can also be hard to tell since I'm watching her second hand through translators.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Luna did a youtube watch-along tonight and her own stream (live, at the time) was showing up in the suggested videos after one ended.

So, she clicked it. The predictable of course happened.

This is what happens when you click your own stream on Youtube while watching Youtube videos on stream. Yes, the audio loops infinitely.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sundae posted:

Luna did a youtube watch-along tonight and her own stream (live, at the time) was showing up in the suggested videos after one ended.

This is what happens when you click your own stream on Youtube while watching Youtube videos on stream. Yes, the audio loops infinitely.

This is getting out of hand. Now there are ∞ of them.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5drjr9PmTMA&t=90s

Same energy.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sundae posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGz4Z78-uUw

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sundae posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjNISmzKjHM&t=96s

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
mouse is watching that video of the "biggest house ever" and all i can say is, either eat the rich or shoot them into the sun, because they all suck poo poo

this is a unique anger that I'm feeling

Sundae posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqgEm8XWXu8

Wudz fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 4, 2021

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waffleman_ posted:

Were you maybe seeing a prototype? Prototypes are often shown off unpainted before the main production run
ah, maybe it was. I thought they came unpainted and you had to paint them, and that's why they were cheaper than otherwise.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Captain Invictus posted:

ah, maybe it was. I thought they came unpainted and you had to paint them, and that's why they were cheaper than otherwise.

Usually, the ones that come like that are called "garage kits" and also have to be somewhat assembled.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

And garage kits are not cheap either, because they're extremely rare and published in extremely limited numbers.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Wudz posted:

mouse is watching that video of the "biggest house ever" and all i can say is, either eat the rich or shoot them into the sun, because they all suck poo poo

All I can think of is, if someone was murdered in that house, or some kind of ritual or seance gone wrong occurred there: Just imagine moving in. Alone.

Being alone in that house with something else.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm pretty sure they come painted. Here is a Pop Up Parade of Sesshoumaru from Inuyasha.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-128362

There is a note about it being a pre-painted complete figure. Hololive Gamers will get a set done in Pop Up Parade too.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

They're probably going to be on the same level as prize figures.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

If you really want a Korone figure and can't afford 200 dollars or whatever wait a few months and they'll open preorders for the pop up parade Korone.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/usadapekora/status/1411558082673451008

Looks like Pekora started up a Twitch channel for movie watch alongs (if you're able) and such

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Sundae posted:

Modbot said they will be clipping it.

Unless, of course, YOU are modbot :tinfoil:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beartaco posted:

Just saw this video from last month. Nene is the one Hololive performer I really want to meet in person, just because I need to know if she really is this uncomfortably weird or if it's a bit she puts on for her character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKQcOe6UkSA

It can also be hard to tell since I'm watching her second hand through translators.

That translation is accurate, Nene is a giant weirdo who doesn't give a poo poo. Can you fake that sort of thing? Maybe, but then she's really good at it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74B94qoLd6k

Really uh makes you wonder what did Coco get rejected for ideas if this was fine

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

Modbot said they will be clipping it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iBcROMtq8I

:laffo:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Tae posted:

Really uh makes you wonder what did Coco get rejected for ideas if this was fine

I'm guessing that the cover staff have no awareness of what "figurine in jar" has connotations for. I'm pretty sure most of this forum wouldn't know.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
JP and EN are held to different standards anyway. JP still have to be idol-like (which still allows for a fair amount of leeway) while EN are more general "content creators".

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kwyndig posted:

If you really want a Korone figure and can't afford 200 dollars or whatever wait a few months and they'll open preorders for the pop up parade Korone.
naw, I'd only get a figma or something if anything, but I just misunderstood what that one they revealed was.

pentyne posted:

I'm guessing that the cover staff have no awareness of what "figurine in jar" has connotations for. I'm pretty sure most of this forum wouldn't know.
you underestimate the depravity SA has exposed a lot of goons to.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

pentyne posted:

I would have thought nothing of it until people here were making a big deal about it tbh and I was on 4chan back in like 06 up until around the time My Little Pony infected everything, guess I just avoided all the people jizzing on anime figures

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

pentyne posted:

I’m not sure I understand it. Is it hot glue related or just an entirely different thing

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Tabletops posted:

I’m not sure I understand it. Is it hot glue related or just an entirely different thing

Yes, hot glue. Precisely that. An ocean of hot glue in a jar. Possibly left to molder for months.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tae posted:

the chat absolutely flying by but you can still see a LOT of people going OHHHH NOOOOO as soon as she puts the nendo onscreen, knowing what she's going to do lol

Tabletops posted:

just look up "pony jar" if your ability to steer away from things better left unknown can't stop you.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

biden jar is a thing.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
still nothing on snuffy's april fool's stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

Not everyone is in the know about the latest internet perversions so that sort of thing is fine. Marine quotes and talks about all sorts of quality picture books all the time and nobody minds 'cuz you have to already have your mind in the gutter to get the real bad references.

Coco is more of the direct kind, who will happily do skits about drugs, anal plugs, menstruation, and more mainstream "yabai" stuff.