Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

My child ate the head off a wax figurine at his babysitters.

It was baby jesus from a manger. Yes there was a second coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

That statue had it coming is the way I heard it

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Another Bill posted:

That statue had it coming is the way I heard it

well its mom certainly didnt

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Finally found this thread as I sit with my 4yo and soon to be 2yo, waiting to pickup the new baby and momma from the hospital.

When is the right age to ship them off to an antifa training camp, 5?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/CBCCanada/status/1408451703284944898

They had 'orange shirt day' at school this week to remember the missing children from Canada's residential schools (those 751 bodies are at only one of about 140 sites), and I got to sit my 10 year old down to lay it all out.

I explained how the church and the government used the police to take children away from their families and thousands of them died over the course of 100 years. And that it ended around the same time I finished high school, so it's not ancient history. She took it all in stride, because they've been taught about "reconciliation" at school since Kindergarten.

Anyways, it felt good to finally drop the bullshit and be honest with her about Canada's history.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my kid has been wearing helmet for the last like 8 months because he had an extremely flat spot on his head. well, his head is nice and round now, but, he's really gotten used to having the helmet to protect his head. he's really not all that careful near, like, the coffee table. well, at least he's already (mostly) learned to walk, so most of those bad falls are over with. toddlers, man!

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
my 2.5 year old has decided in the last week he doesn't like pants, and kicks and yells every time i put pants or shorts on now. when he did it this morning i was cracking myself up by saying "this is a violation of the NAP!" over and over, which might be a sign of reading cspam too much.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
my seven year old doffs his clothes at the earliest opportunity. it's a thing.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my wife is in very early stages of pregnancy which is very exciting but this is still the danger zone for miscarriages so we aren't telling anyone we know. still okay to post online about though. hope this one sticks (and that it's a girl)!!!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Man those early days seem like a lifetime ago

Now this little dirtbag wants to hold the remote constantly :argh:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
*me as a kid*

"gently caress I wish I could draw like an adult."

*me as a parent*

"Holy poo poo did you see this dragon our son painted? I love the mouth and the nose and how he used a fork to do the teeth all jagged... man I wish I could make something this cool."

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Anybody else looking at covid stats and letting their dreams of sending the kids to school die?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
My youngest has croup so I slept on the floor next to her crib last night so I could keep her calm if she started coughing. I am assuming my back will eventually stop seizing up... But looking over and seeing her sleeping peacefully did make it almost worth it...

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

PerniciousKnid posted:

Anybody else looking at covid stats and letting their dreams of sending the kids to school die?

We're still out of daycare after using pandemic unemployment as paternity leave. That's ending but I don't give a gently caress and will survive on beans if I have to to power through until there's an approved vaccine. I'm also keeping an eye on Pfizer and Moderna trials but the closest one is still 600 miles away.

Said trial is 20 miles from my antivax brother's house. :argh:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

PerniciousKnid posted:

it sucks but we're just risking it for daycare... we both work (and my wife is back in the office) and our kid is too active to not actively watch constantly. love the usa and its awesome society. at least we two adults have the mrna vaccine.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hopefully the 6-12 year old vaccine trial data arrives by end of summer, as scheduled.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
There is absolutely no way the Biden administration is going to let the school year start without the vaccine being approved for kids.

There are only 2 things Biden can reasonably take credit for, the vaccine rollout and writing everyone a $2000 $1400 check and leaning on FDA is alot easier then doing any real work like addressing climate change or a $15 min wage

And even the vaccine rollout is shaky at best given they've mostly stuck to the trump playbook, so they definetly dont want to gently caress that up

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

toddler just had to have his first epipen administration. dairy allergies rule!

The Nastier Nate posted:

There is absolutely no way the Biden administration is going to let the school year start without the vaccine being approved for kids.

There are only 2 things Biden can reasonably take credit for, the vaccine rollout and writing everyone a $2000 $1400 check and leaning on FDA is alot easier then doing any real work like addressing climate change or a $15 min wage

And even the vaccine rollout is shaky at best given they've mostly stuck to the trump playbook, so they definetly dont want to gently caress that up

currently betting on this. it’s probable that my under-5yo won’t be able to get vaxxed until a bit after older kids, but going completely back to normal without anything for 5-12yos while delta or worse is around is going to mean a lot of dead and disabled kids.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i'd like to be optimistic but the administration's position on kids and covid hasn't changed much since biden said this in february at a town hall

quote:

"Kids don't get Covid very often. It's unusual for that to happen. They don't -- the evidence so far is children aren't the people most likely to get Covid," Biden said.

i doubt we're getting expedited vaccine approval so kids can get jabbed prior to the start of the school year so long as they stick with the messaging that covid in kids is no biggie

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
my kid has become acutely aware of covid and keeps her mask on surprisingly and some parents I know are still serious about covid .her school district has not issued a guideline about masks yet. her district is 80% minority so outside of chuds it’s a demo with low vaccine so hope the school board recognizes this.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Insanite posted:

currently betting on this. it’s probable that my under-5yo won’t be able to get vaxxed until a bit after older kids, but going completely back to normal without anything for 5-12yos while delta or worse is around is going to mean a lot of dead and disabled kids.

Yeah I'm basically left hoping that Delta kills so many other people's kids that schools are forced to keep mine safe. Wooo.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

*me as a kid*

"gently caress I wish I could draw like an adult."

*me as a parent*

"Holy poo poo did you see this dragon our son painted? I love the mouth and the nose and how he used a fork to do the teeth all jagged... man I wish I could make something this cool."

:hai:

for me, looking at my kids' art has always been one of parenting life's greatest pick-me-ups

Nim_Chimsky
Mar 23, 2019

OFFICIAL SKELETON
WAR PARTICIPANT

Fun Shoe
I saw this thread and wanted to post something funny about my aversion to genital mutliation but read the rules and lost my energy.

Nim_Chimsky
Mar 23, 2019

OFFICIAL SKELETON
WAR PARTICIPANT

Fun Shoe

PerniciousKnid posted:

Yeah I'm basically left hoping that Delta kills so many other people's kids that schools are forced to keep mine safe. Wooo.

it's funny seeing the level of hysteria here so high that you're hoping kids die. totally rad take bro

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

You're going to have to try harder to poo poo up the thread bro. Over in the Canada thread we've got a guy stanning for the catholic church and posting his tax returns as some kind of pathetic self-own

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3847177&pagenumber=607&perpage=40#post515946292

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

PerniciousKnid posted:

My wife is due in early August and between her maternity leave and me saving up all of my vacation plus my company giving me a couple weeks of paternity leave were going to be able to keep her out of daycare until January and I'm just kinda hoping that it will have already burned through all the other kids by then.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I like that I can tell how lovely a parent I've been on a given day by looking at my phone's remaining battery charge.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

PerniciousKnid posted:

I like that I can tell how lovely a parent I've been on a given day by looking at my phone's remaining battery charge.

Also my daily post count

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

PerniciousKnid posted:

:chloe: :wtc:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

PerniciousKnid posted:

i've noticed that i'm a lovely in-house parent and an excellent lets-loving-go-do-something-somewhere parent
wife is complete opposite, so it works out nicely

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

my child has spent 20 minutes face planting between the couch and ottoman

You do you, toddler demon

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

PerniciousKnid posted:

kids are blameless, don't wish harm on them wtf

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Mustached Demon posted:

my child has spent 20 minutes face planting between the couch and ottoman

You do you, toddler demon
lol awesome
my kid at the playground the other day got on one of those spinning cups and just looped around for a good 15 minutes
https://i.imgur.com/BNUBJpk.mp4

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

watching the neighborhood fireworks register on my baby’s monitor, ugh I’m old don’t these hooligans know it’s midnight

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PerniciousKnid posted:

wtf :chloe:

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

The Nastier Nate posted:

Also my daily post count

Eh mine was higher yesterday since I had a sick 18 month old lying on me all day. I try not to actually beat myself up over screen time since poo poo is super hard right now and honestly if my kids can watch a little sponge Bob while I try to get any of the thousand things that need to get done, so be it.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
We are waiting a bit longer to put the 3 year old back in preschool. We are in a new part of the country but he is doing ok because there are more outdoor activities for him and just more space in general. I've been interviewing at different school districts and it's weird how little time some of them lost to covid compared to where I came from. We will vaccinate both boys for sure when it becomes available but the moderna shots made me so sick I worry about them!

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

U-DO Burger posted:

kids are blameless, don't wish harm on them wtf

I'm not wishing harm on them, I'm saying the best case scenario is that when a bunch of kids inevitably die for capitalism mine aren't among them.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

PerniciousKnid posted:

I'm not wishing harm on them, I'm saying the best case scenario is that when a bunch of kids inevitably die for capitalism mine aren't among them.

Not In My Boy, Yo!

But seriously, I get it. Current policy might get some kids infected and die. I don't want that either, but I would like it even less if they were my kid. Luckily, I'm in Denmark where our Romanian ambassador did a capitalism to get us a bunch of extra vaccines that the Romanians didn't want. And also the antivax movement is less prominent and we have some infrastructure for parents. Most people get to stay home with pay for a day or two with a sick kid for instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

PerniciousKnid posted:

i understand that feeling. but imo you should keep in mind that parents itt can be from all over the place, perhaps in a less fortunate situation than yours, with even less control over how much potential exposure to covid their kids have. when you make posts like that, people are understandably gonna get pissed