Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

Yeah Sammy's on fire at the moment (but then he was always going to be after his eventual face turn). He's the total package of look, charisma and ability

Almost total package, but his promos don’t do much for me. He’s so much better on his vlog than on the mic. Acting vs just being an exaggerated version of himself I guess.

It’s good though it means he has room to get even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i kinda like his breathless energetic babyface style, it works for me, he could use some sharpening up though, and it'll come with time

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

He should start doing the panda gimmick again.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

you can see maki itoh very regularly by watching the very good promotion TJPW, which features a number of other good and cool talents putting on an entertaining show

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Jordan7hm posted:

Almost total package, but his promos don’t do much for me. He’s so much better on his vlog than on the mic. Acting vs just being an exaggerated version of himself I guess.

It’s good though it means he has room to get even better.

At least there's something there with his promos.
Jungle Boy is just raw Brad Armstrong energy. 'White Meat Babyface' isn't much to work with but when Luchasaurus and Marko Stunt can outpromo you, you probably arn't ready to be the 'present of this company'. He's gonna have to work on that. I know he has all the time in the world to grow but until that happens I'm going to continue fretting that he won't find his muse until he's almost 40 and broken down like Matt Hardy.

MJF is essentially perfect on the mic and Darby's character work does a lot of the heavy lifting (and even then he's probably a better talker than JB). Sammy seems to have trouble figuring out how to say what he wants to say. Which I guess is where 'breathless fiery babyface' comes from but Thunder Rosa does that better.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

It was a good tournament i rewatched it recently. Emi Sakura moving from "lady who likes Queen" to just "An Actual Queen" ruled

Emi Sakura realizing that she just needs to be ChocoPro Emi Sakura was a great move, yes.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

AEW should sign Bray Wyatt. He's under 35 and has all the skills. Hope his contract runs out soon.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Windham Rotunda can go Into the Codyverse.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

At least there's something there with his promos.
Jungle Boy is just raw Brad Armstrong energy. 'White Meat Babyface' isn't much to work with but when Luchasaurus and Marko Stunt can outpromo you, you probably arn't ready to be the 'present of this company'. He's gonna have to work on that. I know he has all the time in the world to grow but until that happens I'm going to continue fretting that he won't find his muse until he's almost 40 and broken down like Matt Hardy.

MJF is essentially perfect on the mic and Darby's character work does a lot of the heavy lifting (and even then he's probably a better talker than JB). Sammy seems to have trouble figuring out how to say what he wants to say. Which I guess is where 'breathless fiery babyface' comes from but Thunder Rosa does that better.

You don't need to be a great promo if you connect with the crowd and he connects with the crowd.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they could belt Hangman in Chicago, which is significant since Chicago has and always will be a stronghold of wrestling. Particularly the kind of wrestling Hangman does. Then the next PPV Hangman vs MJF or Sammy. Then you can run out a year with dudes returning from injury/parental leave with Hangman on top.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

People saying "there's a pandemic", theyr'e literally flying Yuka over right now...

In the video she said she believes she can be a star, sounded like she wants to be signed by AEW so she can try to be one. Oh just look it's right here: https://twitter.com/SonnyTheJobber/status/1411739158591180803

I'm sure they'll bring her over again, but looks like AEW aren't interested in signing her at the moment.

Gumball Gumption posted:

AEW should sign Bray Wyatt. He's under 35 and has all the skills. Hope his contract runs out soon.

Unironically this

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

all the skills, except for in ring talent

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

they should definitely sign the superior rotunda bro tho. Bo-LIEVE!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Alan_Shore posted:

People saying "there's a pandemic", theyr'e literally flying Yuka over right now...

Yuka's not signed either

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Rarity posted:

Yuka's not signed either

But they are flying her over during a pandemic... So I think if they wanted to sign someone they could/would do it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

AEW should sign Bray Wyatt. He's under 35 and has all the skills.

A work rate pro like Bray would embarrass the AEW “wrestlers” in the squared circle

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

But they are flying her over during a pandemic... So I think if they wanted to sign someone they could/would do it.

thats absolutely not the case at all

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Alan_Shore posted:

She's coming over for a month, not full time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Isn’t the other 50% of Maki Itoh’s gimmick that isn’t “sings and dances her way to the ring” pretty much “I don’t get no respect” and so it’s only natural she’d be complaining about not getting a deal from anyone whether she wants one or not.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

Isn’t the other 50% of Maki Itoh’s gimmick that isn’t “sings and dances her way to the ring” pretty much “I don’t get no respect” and so it’s only natural she’d be complaining about not getting a deal from anyone whether she wants one or not.

Yeah, this is basically the same promo she cut in EVE except quieter.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBZuuc8MV4g

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I typically dislike long-rear end title reigns, so I hope Hangman wins it when he gets his shot. I was sour on Samoa Joe for a long time because of his reign of terror in ROH back in the day, but now I'm actually able to appreciate what a great worker he was. I just sour on (what feel like to me) stagnant title scenes faster than most probably.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wow there is a lot of BTE worth skipping today. Not a great one.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Handsome Devil strikes again.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

smarxist posted:

i kinda like his breathless energetic babyface style, it works for me, he could use some sharpening up though, and it'll come with time

Exactly. Him stumbling over his words and rushing to get thoughts out is rather endearing. It matches his frenetic in-ring style.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This is bullshit!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Just loving watch TJPW.

holy poo poo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
No more Dark Order on BTE :ohdear:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"Whats up with him and cheating?"

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

PPA lookin' real jacked baby

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Bray Wyatt has his head so far up his own rear end and I don't want to see him in AEW

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

projecthalaxy posted:

I've heard Maki Itoh is like the Stone Cold Steve Austin of Japan.

Incorrect.

1. She has long, flowing hair instead of no hair
2. She doesn't have a goatee
3. She rarely wears a leather vest

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
ultimate heel move from The Bucks

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Episode is called "Mustache" and yet there's no Eli Cottonwood.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man. It's gonna be rough going back to shorter BTEs without a consistent background. Probably gonna be even harder to defend the BTE belt every week. And I super understand why dark regulars wouldn't wanna stay around to goof on video on their last tapings, but I was hoping for a strong goodbye to Daily's :smith: that'll probably be in Sammy's Vlog instead.

Even more sure now that the Hangman push is about to kick off. He's got to save his friends' youtube fame, dammit!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I hope Peter can confess his love for Leva.

"Sting was supposed to get a title match, but we're like no prolly Hangman would be cooler" was loving hilarious. Banishing the entire Dark Order to BTE Dark was also hilarious.

In no world is Bray Wyatt a guy with all the tools. His work in the ring is aggressively mediocre, his promos are hit or miss, his look sucks, and they already have Abadon to be spooky.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like The Bucks acknowledging Dark Order's role in stirring poo poo up is important, even if it was silly and done on BTE, hints to me that they'll be setting a fire under everything soon, poo poo is gonna get wild

Church Merch gang is completely out of ideas/steam, kick them off for a month, or have them go back to stealing poo poo and selling it, idk

But yeah, not the best episode, no trick shots, no BTE belt stuff, Peter and Leva is eh-tier

edit:
also gosh it looks so fun to be a heel, the Good's and Nick just outside the ring throwing a tantrum and crying about losing in front of all the jeering fans lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it's not just a gimmick this is what we do in real f'n life

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

The solution to all of this is very simple:

A new AEW YouTube channel: Being Dark Order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Please no one sign Maki Itoh. she’ll make more money being independent anyway.