Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Lemon posted:

I dunno, playing without a keeper doesn't seem all that boring to me.

Kane is in nets, obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Finally got seats sorted for semis and finals. No more desperately wandering around looking for free tables for me!!!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Sancho was good but when saka played he was EVERYWHERE. It was genuinely amazing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Was Saka hurt the last game?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Vintersorg posted:

No Sancho signed for Utd so they didn't need to "protect" him anymore

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

madey posted:

Fine, I may actually be more boring than Southgate himself though.
code:
		Kane

Sterling	Mount	Saka

Rice	Henderson

Shaw	Maguire	Stones	Walker 
Sancho and Walker are a bit risky defensively on the right for the occasion.

If England leave out Phillips they will lose and deserve to lose

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

He picked up a knock in training before it

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Walker had to be bailed out at least twice after doing stupid poo poo against Ukraine, replace him with one of the other 42069 right backs we took.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
So putting aside the fact that its coming home (it is) would a second semi final exit be enough to convince the FA to carry on with project Gareth into the world cup. I'd like him to stay on at least til Qatar regardless of what happens but just trying to think whether they'd stick by him in the face of the inevitable 'GARETH SNOWFLAKE'S WOKE WIMPS KNEEL OUT OF EUROS' headlines if they get beat

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Well the next best English manager is still probably Big Sam so it's hard to imagine.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Anyone still in it at this stage of the tournament would be insane to get rid of their manager before the next tournament. The ones that are real disasters are already gone like De Boer and Löw.

Martinez and Deschamps should probably go but I doubt they do. Of course no football association acts rationally so who knows.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Kinda tough to get rid of Deschamps while he's currently holding the World Cup Trophy tbf.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
*spins England Manager Wheel, needle goes past 'Talksport choice', 'FA stooge' and 'English prem manager whose club didn't get relegated' before stopping at 'exciting foreign choice from at least 3 years ago'*

does anyone have Quique Sanchez Flores's number

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

*spins England Manager Wheel, needle goes past 'Talksport choice', 'FA stooge' and 'English prem manager whose club didn't get relegated' before stopping at 'exciting foreign choice from at least 3 years ago'*

does anyone have Quique Sanchez Flores's number

yeah, aside from the fact that getting rid of southgate now after everyone got their hopes up (based on poo poo he did) and then england lose to italy or whatever would be the most insane "everyone who personally identifies as an england fan has some kind of brain slug that prevents them from knowing anything about football on an almost primal level" moment to date

but there's also the fact that the best two english coaches last year were dean smith and steve bruce, and they're just itching to take over

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The FA have already said they're gonna extend Southgate to 2024

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Yer Southgate has the role until he doesn’t want it anymore.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I mean, it's definitely a little weird, Southgate seems more suited to be an international manager rather than a club manager. I heard someone floating him for the United job before Solskjaer came in and just... no Peg. I'd rather promote Nicky Butt.

But he does what England need, which is a certain level of diplomacy and tact, a certain level of tactical understanding, and a willingness to be part of a long-term setup working with the youth teams instead of angling for his next job.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Don't forget he did a lot of work in the under 21 setup prior to this. Wasn't Scolari famously poo poo at club level?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its not like low's career was great before he went and won a world cup with germany lol

some managers just work better in international football due to the different challenges. mourinho would probably be great for it

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

It’s nice when you get to work with all the good players at once

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Mourinho should've just lived off his various severance pays until the Portugal job came up.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

ZeeBoi posted:

It’s nice when you get to work with all the good players at once

Pep’s made a career of it.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB8KQMfolyE

This is a fun watch, love slabhead me

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
we've just had to replace the entire ODI cricket team. My money is on england making the final, one of the idiot players hosting some rubbish sex party and pinging the whole squad the day before the final.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

NotJustANumber99 posted:

we've just had to replace the entire ODI cricket team. My money is on england making the final, one of the idiot players hosting some rubbish sex party and pinging the whole squad the day before the final.

wrap the bastards up in cotton wool

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

NotJustANumber99 posted:

https://twitter.com/J_D_89/status/1412327763013419013

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

lmao amazing

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I don't get it

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I don't get it

First panel the assumption is the footie team have had seven positive tests, but then you realise it’s just the cricket team so who cares

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Oh right that's pretty simple, even an idiot should understand that. I guess I thought who those actors were meant something or other.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

well one is sweating profusely

the other is smiling and crying

it's easy to put together if you don't even know who they are

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah, even an idiot should be able to understand it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Yeah, even an idiot should be able to understand it

We're not talking about idiots, we're talking about football fans

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd1YiAM_7Pg

brings a tear to me eye lads, its finally comin 'ome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
So who do we want to win this? I’m hoping for Spain. I think our ability to control the game and wittle a team down will give us a serious edge against them