Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Bryan should know better than to ask Dave any kind of leading question. Also Dave is very apologetic towards the WWE, he defended Baron Corbin vs Nakamura by saying "Well this time Corbin has a different gimmick!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
He wanted to talk about his dad, it was cute

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

OctoberCountry posted:

He wanted to talk about his dad, it was cute
It was, but now I'm just curious as to how many movies that Dave has actually seen in a theatre in the last 20 years. Is there a Dave story about seeing The Wrestler with his kids?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

It was, but now I'm just curious as to how many movies that Dave has actually seen in a theatre in the last 20 years. Is there a Dave story about seeing The Wrestler with his kids?

He goes to a lot of movies with his family I wish I could remember what movie he had to go to a few years ago and buried his family for it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MassRafTer posted:

He goes to a lot of movies with his family I wish I could remember what movie he had to go to a few years ago and buried his family for it.

I'd love to hear him review something like Breaking Bad or GoT episode per episode.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1412133486937346050

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wrestlers are loving stupid.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Alistair Black is going back to the WWE, isn't he? For a quarter of the money and an upper card NXT slot.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I've been trying not to say anything about Thea, cause I don't begrudge her signing with WWE, it's a paycheck, y'gotta make money.

But Thea seems like kind of an idiot.

RealFoxy posted:

Alistair Black is going back to the WWE, isn't he?

Every indication has been that he is not.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tommy should end his career in tna

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also I'm like 80% positive bluray works for WWE.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MJeff posted:

Every indication has been that he is not.
Every indication said that Zelina wasn't either, she teased starting a union then deleted it. Her husband got fired after she signed a new contract, and neither of them blame Vince. I'm sure Triple H could talk him into a new NXT contract and promising he can do his whole Garth Marenghi gimmick in NXT with total creative freedom.

I don't blame the people who fell for the cult.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

Every indication said that Zelina wasn't either, she teased starting a union then deleted it. Her husband got fired after she signed a new contract, and neither of them blame Vince. I'm sure Triple H could talk him into a new NXT contract and promising he can do his whole Garth Marenghi gimmick in NXT with total creative freedom.

Zelina was reported to be back at the PC a couple months ago.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RealFoxy posted:

Every indication was that Zelina was returning.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MJeff posted:

Every indication was that Zelina was returning.
When Zelina got fired initially she was talking about unions, onlyfans, and streaming on Twitch. The rumors that she was back in the performance center pre-dates Alistar's return to TV and firing, and she only debuted after Alistar got fired.

The point I was trying to make was that Zelina didn't seem like she was going back to the WWE until she did, and Aliestar is saying less controversial things than she did.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay? The point is, everybody reported that she was returning and she returned and so far, everybody, including End himself, is reporting that he's not returning to WWE and he is probably ending up in AEW.

You can say whatever you want about how controversial either one was, End has not, at any point expressed any interest in returning and has, in fact, only expressed interest in the opposite.

https://twitter.com/TommyEnd/status/1400269420149227525

It's hard to get clearer than that.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 5, 2021

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Throwing a vague fit about ~the dirtsheets~ would be embarrassing no matter what, but it really seems like there isn't a wrestling household who has had their careers reported on more extensively and accurately recently than Aleister and Zelina

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this is why we only talk about specific indications in my family. rather than a blanket statement and group indications in one category.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

love 2 boost noted twitter psychopath vcr/bluray wrestling just so dave meltzer can get owned

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

She 100% didn’t listen to the segment because he was super clear about it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Alistair Black is going back to the WWE, isn't he? For a quarter of the money and an upper card NXT slot.

Good.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Gotta throw shade at Dave Meltzer for his latent misogny while working for and defending the company run by a loving rapist.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MJeff posted:

Okay? The point is, everybody reported that she was returning and she returned and so far, everybody, including End himself, is reporting that he's not returning to WWE and he is probably ending up in AEW.

You can say whatever you want about how controversial either one was, End has not, at any point expressed any interest in returning and has, in fact, only expressed interest in the opposite.

Yeah, just like Zelina's tweets about starting a union. Was very clear she wasn't going back.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lmao

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

No wrestler has ever lied before and I can’t imagine any of them would start now.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
In Aleister's defense, his defense of the WWE creative process could be a lot less embarrassing now that we know his wife was still employed with the company after months of not having a job post-release

Maybe he's legitimately a True Believer but at least there's a plausible alternative motivation

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Quantum of Phallus posted:

She 100% didn’t listen to the segment because he was super clear about it

Super clear or Super Clear If You're Already Well Versed In Understanding Dave?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

God I wish I could remember that movie too, you're absolutely right that he mercilessly buries his family for their choice. I think there was a Rock movie on at the same time he wanted to see instead but the family overruled him?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Its rad how they get fired from WWE, can't stir up interest from anyone else, go back to WWE and then start punching in all directions on social media

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Sometimes I think WWE wrestlers think Vince is gonna push them or cut them a check if they poo poo on the fans or the "Dirtsheets" hard enough online, but like most things they do for Vince it only ends up making them look like complete clowns and they get nothing in return for it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Orange Carlisle posted:

Its rad how they get fired from WWE, can't stir up interest from anyone else, go back to WWE and then start punching in all directions on social media

It’s also nice to see that the vincels have decided to support Zelina again. It wasn’t long ago that she was an idiot that got what she deserved for peddling smut on OnlyFans when WWE has children who watch it!!!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

God I wish I could remember that movie too, you're absolutely right that he mercilessly buries his family for their choice. I think there was a Rock movie on at the same time he wanted to see instead but the family overruled him?
I want to say it was Daddy's Home 2 w/ Mark Wahlberg but IIRC it was some movie with a Reno connection and part of it was his sicko family wanting a Reno vacation.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Creating a wrestling podcast can apparently lead to big things. A few years ago, a good friend started a NWA podcast because he loves wrestling and he was excited by the resurgence of the NWA under Billy Corgan (also, he loves Smashing Pumpkins so that helped).

That led to him and his cohosts getting to become close with the promotion and helping to promote it.

Now, they are Assistant Producers for Powerrr (and I am assuming their PPVs).

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

forkboy84 posted:

Super clear or Super Clear If You're Already Well Versed In Understanding Dave?
This is long and rambling (I cut out some 'yknows' and etc but I think if you listened to the ~2m clip and not just the super brief 'he was cussin' and saying he has no respect for her' summary on Twitter, it is pretty super clear what his issue is:

quote:

MELTZER: Zelina Vega is back, obviously, and this was her return. And it's been known that she's coming back for... I don't know, a month or so. Maybe longer. And I don't know... of course people have been throwing this at me, but she goes on social media with "the dirtsheets lied" or something like that, some crap like that. And I suppose, there are probably some people who--

ALVAREZ: About what?

MELTZER: Okay, I'm gonna guess, and it's probably not fair to guess because the way she wrote it was just stupid. But I'm going to guess that when she came back, all kinds of people were like "you, you're going to stand up for unions -- and I think she deleted a whole bunch of tweets before she came back or when she came back or whatever, including that union tweet -- but they said you were going to stand up for a union and then you ran right back to them, that type of a thing.

I think that's probably what she's mad at, and that is a valid criticism, but whenever you use--

ALVAREZ: What does that have to do with dirtsheets lying? What did they lie about? What am I missing here?

MELTZER: Somebody may have lied about something. But she didn't point one out, so I don't know what she means. So as far as that goes, I have no clue what she's talking about, she didn't say what she's talking about, it's just... when you use wrestling journalists, or "dirtsheets" and then you don't specify who and what... I got no respect for you. So little respect. If I went in there and said "all wrestlers are drug addicts" -- okay, and there are a few that are, but if I said that it would be really stupid and unfair to almost every wrestler. But in fact, it would be true in some cases.

Grouping people like that, you and I shouldn't be grouped in with hardly any-- there are real reporters out there, without a doubt, several of them and everyone knows who they are. And there are so many who are not, but to group them all together, that's like grouping Kenny Omega in with some guy who's had three career matches and saying, "oh wrestlers are unskilled guys who trip over their own two feet and they don't know how to call a match." There are plenty of people who fit that description, but it sure doesn't apply to any of your tippy top guys, so to do an all-encompassing thing, every time I see someone say something about "dirtsheets" as a qualifier for you know, whatever, it's just like "you're loving stupid". If you don't like me, that's fine. And if you have your reasons that's fine but if you don't like me that doesn't mean you shouldn't like John Pollock, or Bryan, or whoever, right? To group everyone together... anyone who does that is loving stupid.

So anyway for all you wrestlers who, in fact, want to say that later... I mean, if I said something as stupid as what you said... I just did, by the way, but I know what I said was stupid. And it's the exact same thing. So anyway... if you got mad at somebody, and you have a specific thing, say what it is. If you're crying because you said something on Twitter and now you can't have that out there because you're going back to work there, that's life.

You can tell people haven't listened because they aren't spending more time either a) calling out Meltzer for putting himself in the same class as Kenny Omega or b) arguing that actually yes, Kenny Omega is an outlaw mudshow botch machine and in that respect Meltzer/Omega are the same, neither of them can hold a candle to Seth Rollins or Baron Corbin, true tippy top professionals

He also goes on to talk about how "I'm not even going to criticize her for it, because I get it. I get working for WWE, you know, that's the game. It's a job and it pays money and you've got a mortgage and that's all well and good. I've got nothing bad to say about anyone who works there" and eventually concludes with how the only bad thing he will say about her working for WWE is that she's a great manager but not a great wrestler, and she would have a better chance to be a great manager/talker outside of WWE.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 6, 2021

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Dave Meltzer quote tweet is the most protected finish in the business.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
On one hand, I kinda sympathize with Zelina. She talked a big game and tried to bet on herself, only to realize that nobody else wants to see her wrestle, or weren't offering what she wanted, and that Twitch/OF money doesn't go far if you're not on national TV every week. Going back to the comfort zone/stable income is understandable on some level.

On the other hand, lol Zelina you loving played yourself and had to go crawling back tail between legs, crying about "dirt sheets" isn't gonna restore your credibility.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Benne posted:

On one hand, I kinda sympathize with Zelina. She talked a big game and tried to bet on herself, only to realize that nobody else wants to see her wrestle, or weren't offering what she wanted, and that Twitch/OF money doesn't go far if you're not on national TV every week. Going back to the comfort zone/stable income is understandable on some level.

On the other hand, lol Zelina you loving played yourself and had to go crawling back tail between legs, crying about "dirt sheets" isn't gonna restore your credibility.

Is her goal credibility, or is her goal to look good in the eyes of the people that have her Twitter password?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Creating a wrestling podcast can apparently lead to big things. A few years ago, a good friend started a NWA podcast because he loves wrestling and he was excited by the resurgence of the NWA under Billy Corgan (also, he loves Smashing Pumpkins so that helped).

That led to him and his cohosts getting to become close with the promotion and helping to promote it.

Now, they are Assistant Producers for Powerrr (and I am assuming their PPVs).

That's awesome and congrats to your friend

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
We're two weeks away from B&V doing the infamous post-9/11 SmackDown, and I for one can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Edward Mass posted:

We're two weeks away from B&V doing the infamous post-9/11 SmackDown, and I for one can't wait.

Is that the one where Stephanie came out and compared 9/11 to her dad's steroid trial?