Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Injuryprone posted:

There was a footnote in a warcom article saying not to expect stuff to ship to NA until July 31.

Do you have a link? At that point I’d probably just cancel my order and get it elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
I'm not sure, but I did order two STC brushes to try them out on June 6 and they just shipped today. When they say "within 25 business days"....

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

^burtle posted:

Do you have a link? At that point I’d probably just cancel my order and get it elsewhere.

It was the official release date announcement way at the bottom as a footnote.

upload picture

Injuryprone fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 5, 2021

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Well alright then. Thank you so much! I definitely missed that.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Injuryprone posted:

It was the official release date announcement way at the bottom as a footnote.

upload picture

Did you screenshot that today? I don't see it on any of the pages at the moment, the release date announcement or the newer articles about it.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Warscroll Builder updated! I can finally ditch my excel spreadsheet.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Good Lord. Warscroll builder being maintained by a single dude who isn’t even an employee is so peak GW I don’t even know. Billion dollar company and it’s like the only IT related thing they have that doesn’t suck poo poo. Of course it’s fan-made. Even their bog standard community web page is kinda lovely. I guess the online store is okay.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So now that the Cursed City Soulblight lot can be taken separately, are any of them reasonable to include in a list?

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Good Lord. Warscroll builder being maintained by a single dude who isn’t even an employee is so peak GW I don’t even know. Billion dollar company and it’s like the only IT related thing they have that doesn’t suck poo poo. Of course it’s fan-made. Even their bog standard community web page is kinda lovely. I guess the online store is okay.

The 200 year old men who run the company probably don't even know what the internet even is.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

So now that the Cursed City Soulblight lot can be taken separately, are any of them reasonable to include in a list?

I’m interested in this too. I haven’t looked too much at it, but I think a lot of their buffs centered around Radukar synergy, who seems decent but not as choice as other Leaders available. But also I don’t know nothing about nothing no how.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Honestly a few of them filling that niche of "thing you can take for less than 100pts that aren't a min strength unit of skeletons or fell bats"

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/05/broken-realms-fiction-kunnin/

More stuff for Kruleboyz hinted at here, looks like we have Orcs riding "monstrous wyvern-like vultures" with one of them being a special character

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Gorslav seems like he would be useful. Nightguard make great support for Radukar himself, and the Blood-Born seem like decent hammers.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

AnEdgelord posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/05/broken-realms-fiction-kunnin/

More stuff for Kruleboyz hinted at here, looks like we have Orcs riding "monstrous wyvern-like vultures" with one of them being a special character
Yeah, you can look at something like that on the cover of the new Orruk battletome... somewhere in the background.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Really want to see how viable Ironjawz / Kruleboyz end up being on their own after all the dust settles on this - I like Big Waaagh in theory, but at this point the aesthetic is so vastly different between the three factions that an army combining them all would look pretty silly.

I hate how important having a cohesive-looking / thematic army is to me because I feel like the "optimal" thing is gonna end up being like Ironjawz cavalry and Brutes mixed with Savage Orruk casters and then Kruleboy archers or something. I've already been working on a desert-themed Ironjawz force so tossing some swamp goblins in with them would feel pretty weird.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Idk I really love all three of the AoS Orc aesthetics and I can understand someone that feels like they are a bit too different but for me I always imagined that taking a Big Waaagh list means that your general is a charismatic conqueror who has unified the various Orc tribes around themselves, and it mostly lasts for that general's lifespan rather than being a truly integrated fighting force.

The way I was planning on doing mine was that the Kruleboyz would be in their standard swamp aesthetic with lots of blue body paint like 40k Deathskulls or Celtic Woad Warriors, while the Ironjawz would be done with plains bases and a bit of a steppe nomad aesthetic and I would just say that my general has united the plains and the swamp tribes behind him to go on a great waaagh. Don't know what I'll do with Bonesplitterz but I have plenty of time to work that out.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I just desperately want Bonesplitterz to get less racist sculpts. So much. They're so loving bad.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Mors Rattus posted:

I just desperately want Bonesplitterz to get less racist sculpts. So much. They're so loving bad.

Hopefully the underworlds warband is a sign of things to come, less african tribesman and more caveman

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

AnEdgelord posted:

Hopefully the underworlds warband is a sign of things to come, less african tribesman and more caveman
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed that. They are way better.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

AnEdgelord posted:

Whats the variance in 40k? They all look the same to me aside from a very obvious pirate theme in 40k so this "metal armor"/Caveman/Dark Crystal variance is interesting

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Whats the variance in 40k? They all look the same to me aside from a very obvious pirate theme in 40k so this "metal armor"/Caveman/Dark Crystal variance is interesting

until recently all orks in 40k were just mad max scrap barbarians but recently GW has created two ork "sub-kulturs" in the form of the speed freaks and the beast snaggas

Speed Freaks are orks who are still mad max scrap barbarians but have a bunch of tooled up and hot-rodded out vehicles made to go fast while Beast Snaggas have a bit of a Horizon Zero Dawn/Monster Hunter vibe and ride squigs like horses

edit: oh yeah I forgot there is also the Freebooterz who are the pirate guys you saw

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Speed Freeks are ancient. They had army construction rules in the 3rd edition Armageddon book.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Finished my general for an upcoming path to glory. Funny that I'm still working on soul wars when everyone else has their hands on Dominion lol

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Deified Data posted:

Finished my general for an upcoming path to glory. Funny that I'm still working on soul wars when everyone else has their hands on Dominion lol

green metallic how

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Thinned down warp lightning over iron hands

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Deified Data posted:

Thinned down warp lightning over iron hands

drat. it looks great

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Speed Freeks are ancient. They had army construction rules in the 3rd edition Armageddon book.

Snakebitez, the savage orc version in 40K and precursors to beast snaggas, were out in the early 90’s at least. It’s not a new thing, just new weird words for them and a slightly revised design.

Snakebitez rode boars instead of bikes and used huge monsters instead of tanks. It’s just the same.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Deified Data posted:

I love everything about this.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Stormcast armor painted literally anything other than gold always looks amazing and makes the models pop

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Agreed, I painted my own as Hallowed Knights, the superior color scheme.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I've yet to start painting mine as my grey cabinet of shame fills up. I've got 3/4 of my 40k armies painted from a decade ago, but haven't started on the AoS models I've picked up in the last year. I don't like the default stormcast scheme so I'm thinking of trying to adapt this kyrian scheme from warcraft:

I need to sit down and figure out the colors, the clothing looks almost space wolf gray. Stormcast also have the cloth tabards and cloaks I'd need to find a color for.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Froghammer posted:

Stormcast armor painted literally anything other than gold always looks amazing and makes the models pop

It’s amazing how the default is the worst, yeah.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

was genuinely shocked at how heavy the Dominion box felt when I picked it up from my shop yesterday, lol. Thought it was exaggeration when people said it was the chunkiest of them all.

Froghammer posted:

Same, can't wait to paint all of them Celestial Vindicator cerulean and maybe do one or two in black templar. I don't have anything across Sigmar/40k in spacewave blue so it'll look rad as gently caress.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I wonder if GW will ever ditch the bronze and blue look for stormcast, or if the danger of losing brand recognition will keep them wedded to it.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

GW is firmly in the camp of "we've always done it this way so it's the best way". It takes drat near an act of god for them to shift away from something they've always done.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Rockgut ahoy

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I am a big believer in the contrast over metallic method IRT stormcasts.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Winklebottom posted:

Rockgut ahoy

That's perfectly delightful and sort of what I had in mind when I started working on my skellies. How did you do it?

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

That's perfectly delightful and sort of what I had in mind when I started working on my skellies. How did you do it?

Thanks! It's a bit freeform, lots of intermediate mixes:

Base body color is VGC Royal Purple

Skin: Screamer Pink -> Screamer Pink + Wild Rider Red, starting at about 75/25 SP/WRR, mixing progressively more Wild Rider into it, until it looks right

Stomach: VGC Hexed Lichen -> VGC Violet Red -> Violet Red + Pink Horror mix, again mixing more Pink Horror until you like the look of the highlight

Crystals: drybrush Wild Rider Red -> VGC Hot Orange -> Fire Dragon Bright -> Yriel Yellow

Both Screamer Pink and Violet Red don't have great coverage, so they allow a bit of the Royal Purple to poke through here and there. Gives the skin a more interesting look, I feel.

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
New edition, new army! I spent a ton of time testing schemes before landing on this one. Can't wait to completely demoralize all my friends.