Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Anyone else having an awful time with menu glitches this patch? I've lost at least 100k to therapist healing that doesn't actually work, and something keeps happening where when I try to buy multiple items from a trader it duplicate purchases the first one I bought unless I back out to the trader list after each item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
My fave trader ui bug is typing in a quantity but it gives you a quantity you didn't ask for. It seems to happen when you highlight the quantity to change it

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

This is a good wipe. Having a lot of fun with it, though sadly a lot of my friends burned out last wipe. It’s interesting doing everything solo now - just hit level 17 and really struggling on some of the more bullshit quests (headshots with tremor, for example). I’m sure I’ll get there, it’s just interesting doing an entirely solo game experience after so many group games the last 2 wipes.

And goddamn do I want level 20. Less for the flea and more because that’s where all my hideout is locked behind.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Pathos posted:

And goddamn do I want level 20. Less for the flea and more because that’s where all my hideout is locked behind.

I'm really fine with having no flea market but god drat if the hideout material would be more common at least.
I need 60 round AK mags for ice cream cones, finding them in raid seems impossible. Good that I can craft them in lavatory 2, bad that I can't find enough screw nuts and bolts to actually build that.

I find a crap ton of food this wipe and I found 9 nails and 5 hoses in the time it took me to find 2 screw nuts and I run interchange on my scav on cooldown. Maybe they have changed the drop rates of the items around, I remember last wipe I didn't find nails at all in the beginning but screw nuts never seemed like an issue.

Maybe it's just my bad luck but I'm level 11 now and I'll be stuck on quite a few quests until level 20 it seems...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Malefitz posted:

I'm really fine with having no flea market but god drat if the hideout material would be more common at least.
I need 60 round AK mags for ice cream cones, finding them in raid seems impossible. Good that I can craft them in lavatory 2, bad that I can't find enough screw nuts and bolts to actually build that.

I find a crap ton of food this wipe and I found 9 nails and 5 hoses in the time it took me to find 2 screw nuts and I run interchange on my scav on cooldown. Maybe they have changed the drop rates of the items around, I remember last wipe I didn't find nails at all in the beginning but screw nuts never seemed like an issue.

Maybe it's just my bad luck but I'm level 11 now and I'll be stuck on quite a few quests until level 20 it seems...

think its jsut bad luck bcos i have roughly 1 million screw nuts and cannot find any hoses to save my life lol

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I always used to hate woods but once you get comfortable it’s really fun. Sneaking around and stalking pmcs until you have a good shot makes you feel like solid snake

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Malefitz posted:

If you still need screw nuts, try the Shoreline village. Interchange was loving me on screw nuts so I went to Shoreline and found, I dunno, 12-15 across two raids? Give it a try.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Pathos posted:

If you still need screw nuts, try the Shoreline village. Interchange was loving me on screw nuts so I went to Shoreline and found, I dunno, 12-15 across two raids? Give it a try.

Thanks for the pointer. I avoided Shoreline until now because it's unclear to me if the issues with the nonfunctional tunnel extract have been resolved and because I will need to go there a lot later anyway. But I will give it a shot!

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Where the gently caress are all the hoses?!

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Shoreline was a great tip for hideout material, first toolbox I opened had screw nuts in it. Also finally found a syringe while scaving in, resort is a haven for scaving now that scavs don't shoot on sight.

Even found a car battery on a dead body in a sunken village quest building. I wonder where he hid it.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Malefitz posted:

Shoreline was a great tip for hideout material, first toolbox I opened had screw nuts in it. Also finally found a syringe while scaving in, resort is a haven for scaving now that scavs don't shoot on sight.

Even found a car battery on a dead body in a sunken village quest building. I wonder where he hid it.

Hooray! I’m glad it worked out.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

its pretty neat that most scavs are chill now

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

rap music posted:

its pretty neat that most scavs are chill now

I was just saying that myself until some pscav heard me approach and spam voice call outs at him and wiggle and he still chose to light me up. :smith:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I was planning on passing on this wipe for similar reasons as that other goon (too many other games to play) but scav karma has me tempted to just wipe my stash and just play the occasional casual scav run and see how much cash I can scrounge up selling everything to traders and/or what kind of “trophies” I can collect.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Umbreon posted:

I was just saying that myself until some pscav heard me approach and spam voice call outs at him and wiggle and he still chose to light me up. :smith:

eh some scavs will still shoot but i'd rather die that shoot on sight

just randomly congregated between two other scavs and we threw all of our loot in a pile and everyone took what they wanted

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Level 71 for the Kappa?!?!

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Evil scavs with negative karma should look different

Also they shouldn't have their metagame (scav timer, loot, jams) punished

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I read about a bug on Reserves that removes 6.0 rep for every raider kill. That poo poo would absolutely wreck me if it happened to me. Work that hard to get 10.0 positive rep only to have it completely tanked by a bug.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

ShowTime posted:

I read about a bug on Reserves that removes 6.0 rep for every raider kill. That poo poo would absolutely wreck me if it happened to me. Work that hard to get 10.0 positive rep only to have it completely tanked by a bug.

That one's been fixed, luckily. Also i agree there should be a way of distinguishing between good/bad scavs. also maybe some kind of in-game action two pscavs can do as an agreement to cooperate with a heftier rep penalty if reneged on. you both give each other a peace sign and work together knowing it's not worth it for them to betray you

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Player scavs are much easier to shoot now that they just run up to you voice lining. One had a flash drive on it! Decent patch

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
A player scav gave me a coke and a diary, we are best friends now

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004
Goddamn, jumping back into the game after being in and out during the last wipe. I hate hate hate early customs. It doesn’t help that I’m really not great at PVP and tend to slow play my PVP way too much, but how tight that map is and how it forces early PVP tilts me so much. I just want to get past the early customs quests so I can go back to shoreline and woods nature walk simulator.

TLDR: give me customs tips to not die so much

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Pikey posted:

Goddamn, jumping back into the game after being in and out during the last wipe. I hate hate hate early customs. It doesn’t help that I’m really not great at PVP and tend to slow play my PVP way too much, but how tight that map is and how it forces early PVP tilts me so much. I just want to get past the early customs quests so I can go back to shoreline and woods nature walk simulator.

What part of Customs feels tight to you? If anything customs is way more opened up with the expansion

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Pikey posted:

same boat, buddy. got repeatedly slaughtered doing the first customs quests. then went back to woods and breezed though a bunch of successes. went back for the next customs quests, and died enough that i stopped taking gear in with me. just a pistol, extract cash, and the keys i needed. side benefit of that was the enjoyment of working my way up to full kit slinking around pistol-hunting scavs. that part's pretty satisfying at least.

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004

Buff Hardback posted:

What part of Customs feels tight to you? If anything customs is way more opened up with the expansion

I do ok when I get spawned in on the extreme of either end. I know the spawns and I can do a cursory check of where to avoid or watch out for trouble to come from. Recently though I've been getting a lot of central spawns which tends to get me pinned with PMCs coming from either end, usually around the chokes you have to pass through in the middle of the map. It also seems like they added more spawns to customs; this morning I spawned in ACROSS the river (dorm side) on the big red half of the map, I don't remember that spawn before

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Customs is my favorite map but it can be a bit of a bitch. Go at night if you can, that helps a fair bit. If you spawn on Big Red's side (which is east in game but west on the maps) you're either gonna have to fight some people or lay low for the first 5-10 minutes. If you're on the other end remember that people in the wooded area have an elevation advantage and can see a whole lot of the industrial side from whatever perch they pick.

Also a PVP tip in general, try to make sure you're the one controlling the fight. That either means being more aggressive than you probably want to be most of the time, or it means running away and approaching from an entirely different angle. Hunkering down once you've been fired on will get you killed. Displace, displace, displace.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Davai, davai, davai.

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Customs is my favorite map but it can be a bit of a bitch. Go at night if you can, that helps a fair bit.

Are there cultists around the map at night on customs? Is a flashlight enough or do you even need it?

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Pikey posted:

Are there cultists around the map at night on customs? Is a flashlight enough or do you even need it?

Not that I've seen. the cheap night vision googles are my go to.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

nice just got shot thru the wall 3 seconds after spawning

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Apparently the highest level is 48 right now, and it's not Pestily.

With the EXP rate changes I can't imagine how many full socks that individual has.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

ShowTime posted:

Apparently the highest level is 48 right now, and it's not Pestily.

With the EXP rate changes I can't imagine how many full socks that individual has.

Lvndmark just uses a bucket

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Pikey posted:

I do ok when I get spawned in on the extreme of either end. I know the spawns and I can do a cursory check of where to avoid or watch out for trouble to come from. Recently though I've been getting a lot of central spawns which tends to get me pinned with PMCs coming from either end, usually around the chokes you have to pass through in the middle of the map. It also seems like they added more spawns to customs; this morning I spawned in ACROSS the river (dorm side) on the big red half of the map, I don't remember that spawn before

I mean a spawn at smugglers boat isn't much different than spawning at railroad to port, it just means you have to play more aggressively to clear your rear flanks and beat the other side to the crossovers from west to east

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
audio design is my passion

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Mae posted:

Evil scavs with negative karma should look different

Also they shouldn't have their metagame (scav timer, loot, jams) punished

in the laslt bsg stream they said evil scavs looking different is a possibility

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

is shattering window glass a generally accepted warning not to come upstairs in dorms

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

having just come off 12 straight kia customs runs in a row trying to do the early dorms quests... i don't think there's anything you can do to avoid being hunted as soon as they know you exist

i hate how bad i am at this game yet i can't stop

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
its ok to go real slow on customs, and at night, to get quests done. in the dorms you gotta just sprint in and out right away and get out of the area if u cant take the fights around there

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Hooplah posted:

i hate how bad i am at this game yet i can't stop

Thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

the fact that the longest "sit and wait" style quests are on factory is proof that nikita hates his customers