Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Got another one. I was top player on the team. He was butt hurt I told him to shut up while I was carrying this round.

The round in question:

Edit: I also caught fire and almost died in order to type shut up at him. God it was worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
AMERICAN STRENGTH

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Pretend I posted about how I hate afks in the new cold war mode

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Those players suck rear end, my last game before I last quit was me getting tilted by a dipshit rage pinging me as I tried to hold a 1v2 in a Skorp by hiding in bushes

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

serious gaylord posted:

I havent played this game in like a year but I heard arty is pointless now??

Kinda. They basically reworked arty and the big thing was giving them three types of shells. One is AP, which is 100% useless because why the gently caress would you fire an AP shell when you have a 35-45 second reload and your aiming circle is the size of four tanks?

The second is is the old "does stuns and splashes" shell but they nerfed the damage. The third is a new "damage HE shell" which doesn't do that much more damage and literally has a T6 splash radius so you'll miss with it more often than not.

The end result? Arty still fires stun shells 90% of the time but does less damage than before. Getting focused by multiple arty is still a complete loving nightmare, but playing arty is so irritating now that the numbers are dropping pretty fast. Despite them talking about reworks and more exciting gameplay it was a huge nerf across the board, and of course they didn't undo any of the earlier nerfs (like nuking arty's credit earning coefficients or XP gains) so now you'll lose money all the time and good luck trying to complete any missions.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The end result? Arty still fires stun shells 90% of the time but does less damage than before. Getting focused by multiple arty is still a complete loving nightmare, but playing arty is so irritating now that the numbers are dropping pretty fast. Despite them talking about reworks and more exciting gameplay it was a huge nerf across the board, and of course they didn't undo any of the earlier nerfs (like nuking arty's credit earning coefficients or XP gains) so now you'll lose money all the time and good luck trying to complete any missions.

Seconding this. Tier 6 games tend to still have arties (M44 supremacy still reigns there), but of the tier 8 games most are without arty whatsoever. I think only time I saw them yesterday was when I played one myself to get daily mission done.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
Sometimes you just can't carry hard enough. On the other hand, my first ace tanker from defeat.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Lmao at WG for suspending recon missions because some tier 8 premium tanks have pref matchmaking.

So it's gone now.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Despite them talking about reworks and more exciting gameplay it was a huge nerf across the board, and of course they didn't undo any of the earlier nerfs (like nuking arty's credit earning coefficients or XP gains) so now you'll lose money all the time and good luck trying to complete any missions.

Praise serb for the quality WGing buff arty has received.

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit
So a Hummel tagged my Fv304 and was out of counter-battery range

https://i.imgur.com/XVObdTF.mp4

RE: Arty chat - if you're not playing the English and throwing AP shells then you're doing it wrong

US Foreign Policy fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 6, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Holy loving poo poo the 25TP is a piece of poo poo.

The first gun genuinely surprised me because who the hell expects a two-shot autoloader, where each shot actually fires two shots with a fairly lengthy delay between the two shots? And with completely awful accuracy and literally sub-300m/s shell velocity?

The top gun seems better, but the tank has zero armour so you'll get clowned on by everyone and everything.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Holy loving poo poo the 25TP is a piece of poo poo.

The first gun genuinely surprised me because who the hell expects a two-shot autoloader, where each shot actually fires two shots with a fairly lengthy delay between the two shots? And with completely awful accuracy and literally sub-300m/s shell velocity?

The top gun seems better, but the tank has zero armour so you'll get clowned on by everyone and everything.

I cunningly went through the ds pzinz first so I could unlock the top gun on a tank that starts with a non-poo poo gun - i just freexp'd the tracks and turret after that. After the 14tp i was terrified of what the stock grind in the 25tp would be and I was right.

Everything clowns on you but at least the top gun lets you hurt things in return.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Maybe the marketing department and the design departments at WG should talk occasionally?

WG sellin' the KV-2(R) for T8 prices and advertising the fun of the 152mm HE slinger gun. Which honestly feels like borderline false advertising considering the state of the tank.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Maybe the marketing department and the design departments at WG should talk occasionally?

WG sellin' the KV-2(R) for T8 prices and advertising the fun of the 152mm HE slinger gun. Which honestly feels like borderline false advertising considering the state of the tank.

Even the absolute dogshit premiums get 'use <useless peashooter gun> to wreck poo poo with impunity' type pitches so this is just standard marketing bs really

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

WarGaming criminally negligent, news at 11

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlOdz_vta3M

Stealth Maus.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Vando posted:

Even the absolute dogshit premiums get 'use <useless peashooter gun> to wreck poo poo with impunity' type pitches so this is just standard marketing bs really

Sure, but this time it's particularly egregious because the KV-2 was just nerfed into the ground by the HE nerf a few weeks ago. And here they are, talking up the HE which isn't ... well, 100% useless, but like 80% useless.

My serious explanation is that this boiler plate was written months ago and nobody just told the marketing department that the KV-2 was just nerfed and its HE sucks rear end these days, but jesus christ WG.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
KV2 R wasn't nerfd

https://youtu.be/FDL-v_j5Rhg

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Being able to slap unarmoured tinboxes like the Cromwell was never in question, but the KV-2s are now comically bad against anything with armour.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

I'm sorry, what the gently caress?

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I've been testing Improved hardening/Protection tech/turbo + speed governor/food/first aid kit on the KV-122 and 112 this week and the results are pretty good? It's 100% necessary to have a great crew with at minimum, full repair, recon, situational awareness and armorer but it can definitely work. This set-up turns the KV-122 into a bully heavy that can chase down most mediums and flank heavies/TDs. The 122 play style isn't too different but trades some speed for a lot more armor. I think this set-up forces me to play more aggressive and allows me to set the match pace when top or -1 tier. Results below:

KV-122: 31 battles, 81% WR, 1841 DPG, 1.82 KDR
112: 7 battles, 86%, 2795 DPG, 9 KDR

Over 38 games I think I lost an internal module (not including radio lol) once.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Cannon_Fodder posted:

He made a slightly longer video and added commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCvZIFt18Jk

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

How can they be this bad at making the game :psyduck:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

lol at this baby skill streamers rage

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Being able to slap unarmoured tinboxes like the Cromwell was never in question, but the KV-2s are now comically bad against anything with armour.

Confirmed. Just saw 50m away a T-34-85M and he just facehugged 750 damage.

So yeah. Ill eat my words now.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Yeah I have been noticing something funky going on with spotting. Yesterday my usual positions where I could spot something fresh on the field has been failing me lately so I switched to brawler tanks to fight for the time being.

Ironically enough WG just released a video talking about spotting mechanics recently. Its a little broken I guess.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I'm really glad that I never grinded any T10 SPGs other than the 261.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

261 has always been low-key amazing. Now, it is just amazing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Katamari Democracy posted:

Yeah I have been noticing something funky going on with spotting. Yesterday my usual positions where I could spot something fresh on the field has been failing me lately so I switched to brawler tanks to fight for the time being.

Same, but I just thought it was me not understanding spotting mechanics. I THOUGHT I was firing through that bush from far back enough not to get spotted but I did, oh well, guess I'm an idiot! I THOUGHT I could spot that guy through the bush, but oh well, I guess I'm an idiot.

I might still be an idiot, mind you, but it seems the game is actually broken.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, the SPG nerfs were a huge boost to the Object 261 because the high alpha slow fire rate SPGs got their damage nerfed proportionally a lot more than the Object 261, so now it fires a lot quicker than any other SPG, doesn't do THAT much less damage, and everyone's firing arcs are kind of poo poo like the Object 261's.

I don't think it was intentional and rather just WG not considering the implications of their sweeping changes*, but it's kinda funny that once again the Soviet vehicle mysteriously benefits the most.

* see also: SPG missions being even more impossible now, missions which require OTHER tanks to damage SPGs being a lot harder because suddenly you don't have 3 SPGs in every game anymore, so good luck damaging 3 SPGs in a game and destroying one of them, SPGs having their entire economy (poorly) balanced around doing much more damage and stunning than they're capable now etc

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5950374#highway-mariuslecter-at_8

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Reinstalling :(

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g2JN2PrHJg&t=43s

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

They always come back™.... :unsmigghh: :sickos:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Atomizer posted:

They always come back™.... :unsmigghh: :sickos:

Guys, I don't think we survived that car crash back in 2011. I think we're all actually dead and this is our hell. Installing, quitting and reinstalling World of Tanks over and over again despite the game getting worse constantly.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Ah jeez is it really that bad

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Jokes on you guys I never left!
:negative:

Target Practice posted:

No also yes.

Oh man this tank is fun.

And bonus ranked hate mail:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Target Practice posted:

:shepspends:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

They're doing that "one tank on special a day" thing again. Today's is the Lorraine 40t for 9900g or however much in cash.

So if you've wanted to pick that up but don't want to give them any more :10bux:, go get it. Supposedly even people who have the tank in their garage can buy it again to get the missions, but those are 300g, or so it seemed when the client said if I bought the tank I'd immediately get 9600g back out of the 9900g purchase price.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Probably the garage slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I just got my hands on the AE Phase I today: