Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Baro has the Prisma Machete and Opitcor Vandal today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Prisma Machete is new so get it for Mastery, but it's still not as good as the Wraith version

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It is done.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Mailer posted:

If she actually winds up being decent at something the kdrive is going to be immediately helminthed off. There's enough tilesets where speedframes feel awful as is and that's with full frame maneuverability.

It would have been the shizzle...back when we spent all day running T1-T4 void missions.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

gaj70 posted:

It would have been the shizzle...back when we spent all day running T1-T4 void missions.

I think Ya Rly is a pabloframe, so I kind of expected it to have ideas removed from the context of Warframe as a whole. Sometimes you get Protea, sometimes you get to slam into walls on your k-drive while using an impact weapon to try to get parazon finishers. :v:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I took a big-rear end break from the game after the rainjack/ghostboy update. I get that the Sisters are going to be a new try at a nemesis system, but have they went into any details about why this one will work better than the Liches?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pierson posted:

I took a big-rear end break from the game after the rainjack/ghostboy update. I get that the Sisters are going to be a new try at a nemesis system, but have they went into any details about why this one will work better than the Liches?

There's an item to force lich spawn, though I don't know where to get it, and you can always go fight them once you have all the words now. They also add a wildcard word.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
There aren't as many corpus thralls to kill but they are harder on par with mini bosses.

temple fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 5, 2021

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I actually currently have a lich I haven't been bothered to thrall for since soon after I picked it up, they announced that the lich system overhaul will make thrallin' easier for both corpus and grineer lich/sister things.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

They also said that you'll have to get and Grineer lich out of the way before hunting after a Corpus, uh, what are they called again?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's not really a 'new try' at the system as much as it's just them added a corpus-flavored angle to it and doing some tweaking and polishing in various ways. i'm sure that if some part of someone absolutely detests playing warframe then this update will bring them more warframe and that in itself will be a mortal sin.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
it's good that the barrier to getting fun new weapons is lower but when you have to improve a system by making the player engage with it less it's probably a sign that it was a bad system to begin with

if liches were actually fun to fight the word/thrall stuff would have been a little clunky but basically fine. but they aren't

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Leave it to DE to kludge instead of fixing. Maybe the Sisters won't suck as hard as liches do, but I'm definitely skeptical.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

it's good that the barrier to getting fun new weapons is lower but when you have to improve a system by making the player engage with it less it's probably a sign that it was a bad system to begin with

if liches were actually fun to fight the word/thrall stuff would have been a little clunky but basically fine. but they aren't

The whole thing stunk of stalling for railjack time, and while eventually it became less painful that's not a ringing endorsement. They're still level 40 weapons. It's still four hours or so just to kill the bastard and then god knows how much time rune farming on top of that. Add another couple of hours (with a booster) to level it up. Repeat like four times to get the full elemental bonus. Whether or not you consider 20+ hours to get a gun excessive or not is personal opinion but I don't think anyone has ever accused it of being fun.

You know what'd be really great? A quest chain going though multiple steps ending in a railjack fight against an armada where you eventually boarded the capital ship and had a huge climactic battle with the lich which ended in getting the weapon.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Mailer posted:

Repeat like four times to get the full elemental bonus.
This isn't a mandatory or even useful thing to do btw, and more along the lines of "bored mr30 desperately scraping the bottom of the todo list barrel"

Lichings mostly fine, it's really just playing a bunch of varied grineer missions (both for thralling and for requiem fissures). The most bothersome part is the rng in getting your lich to actually show up, and i hope the new additions are gonna cut that down.

But yeah i expect more than a few cassini meltdowns over people trying to get that last kuva weapon from larvling spawns at a 1/20 chance. The last 1/16 kuva weapon took me 48 cassini runs, and that wasnt even particularly unlucky.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Mailer posted:

You know what'd be really great? A quest chain going though multiple steps ending in a railjack fight against an armada where you eventually boarded the capital ship and had a huge climactic battle with the lich which ended in getting the weapon.

you say this like this alternate universe wouldn't have people complaining that it's yet another entirely detached thing you have to do that has no relevance to any other system in the game

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

RoadCrewWorker posted:

This isn't a mandatory or even useful thing to do btw, and more along the lines of "bored mr30 desperately scraping the bottom of the todo list barrel"

I mean very little is actually mandatory, but if you want the good gun that's what you gotta do. I'd imagine outside of Kohm/Bramma/Nukor everyone just got their MR and bailed. The downward slope from the Tennocon trailer to what we got is well-trod territory, but given liches were one of the things they got slammed for in the late 2019/early 2020 hell period it's a weird thing to revisit. DE can be amazingly tonedeaf but if there's anything they got loud and clear from that time it's that everyone hates liches and (original) railjack.

I haven't been following it but I kind of expected their normal incremental routine where corpus liches aren't totally bad, and then a few months later they win easy points by rolling those changes back to grineer liches.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Mailer posted:

but if you want the good gun that's what you gotta do.
The popular bunch of kuva weapons absolutely wreck poo poo at 25% rolls, so no, unless your brain worms get stupid about some pointless number you don't "gotta". It's just a minor side effect of picking up more liches past the 16 you need for basic mr foddering, and these days you shouldn't even push half of the weapons 5 forma deep for a measly 1000 mr points.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I thought about grinding them for max stats but I'd never use all 16 kuva weapons. Most aren't that good. Re-grinding them because (((numbers)) is kind of silly.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Got back into this to see what's new (dropped out a bit after Deimos), and been doing some revamped Railjack. Did I miss something like an alarm reset button or do corpus ships have an extremly tedious mechanic with constant electric AoE landing on you? There's a delay so you can easily outrun them, but it makes the Ivara stealth approach very very tedious.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I think I have two or maybe three kuva weapons at or close to max bonus elemental damage because I either got lucky on my first roll and only needed another to max it out or accidentally activated a lich with a weapon I already had, never bothered otherwise and (most) all of the kuva guns are still strong even with only a 25% bonus or whatever.

Also, entirely anecdotally and without word grinding, I decided to get rid of the lich I'd had sitting around forever before the sisters update comes out earlier today. I had 1/4 progress on the first word from before. Got my lich to show up a total of two times while only grinding on the first planet they had influence over before I had all three words finished. I got one word done before they showed up the first time but it wasn't the first in the sequence. Then I got almost half way through the third before they showed up the second time and with that kill and whatever thralls where in that level (and I suppose it should be noted here that I found a group of two other people doing the same thing in the same area during this time) I finished the third word. I was about to dread completing that third word but that final kill and the accompanying thralls got me ~50% of the final word in one go. Only had to do three or four missions solo after that for them to show up again and got the sequence right at that point. This took somewhere between an hour and a half or two hours.

The process has definitely been sped up by a lot already in comparison to launch.

E: corpus ships have an extremly tedious mechanic with constant electric AoEs landing on you. Well, I don't find it that tedious but I can't stop bouncing around and avoiding the floor for fun. It'll certainly get more in the way of some play styles than others.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Is it corpus tiles in general or void storm tiles? But yes, mega annoying.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

hazardousmouse posted:

Is it corpus tiles in general or void storm tiles? But yes, mega annoying.

Not sure, haven't done enough of it yet, but it's just a big pet peeve. Obviously, I can still ninja my way, nuke everything or Titania-zip around, but I also like the slow and quiet Ivara infiltration, and in some of those Railjack missions, that was close to a non-starter. I loved the old Railjack feel of detonating Grineer ships from within without being spotted.

NPC crew are cool btw. I love how you can customise their look and give them any OP gun from your armoury. I'm glad I had all those intrinsics to not restart from scratch.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

https://www.twitch.tv/de_steve
release stream started

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
e: And it's already out! https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1269749-update-305-sisters-of-parvos/

genericnick posted:

There's an item to force lich spawn
Pretty sure there isn't based on the googling I just did
Wait there is, but only as of ten minutes ago when this patch released and you have to defeat a lich to have a 25% chance to get it

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jul 6, 2021

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
In the patch notes :

New REQUIEM ULTIMATUM
Take control of your nemesis with the new REQUIEM ULTIMATUM - a call too powerful to resist! A new Gear item that can be used to spawn your current active Kuva Lich or Sister on an Influence Node to bring the fight to you! Our intention here is to add an option to force the feud in your favor.

Earn this Requiem Ultimatum as a 25% drop chance when choosing to either Convert or Vanquish your Kuva Lich or Sister of Parvos. *This Requiem only drops for the person whose Lich/Sister is downed.

I think the wild card word description is wonky somewhere

New Requiem Mod - OULL
Through endless faces, countless forms, a multitude unfolds.
(Mimics any Requiem Mod needed to complete a lethal sequence)

This new Oull Requiem Mod counts as the correct Requiem Sequence for whatever Parazon Requiem slot it is in when taking down a Lich or Sister of Parvos! Like other Requiem Mods, the Oull can be used successfully 3 times.

Earn this new Requiem as a 25% drop chance when your Kuva Lich or Sister of Parvos flees after you’ve used the correct Requiem Sequence. *This Requiem only drops for the person whose Lich/Sister is downed.

As Kuva Lichs don't flee with the right sequence. So I don't know if that's mean to be a pity drop for a wrong sequence or just "When you beat your Lich, or chase your Sister to her capital ship" Either way, not super common. EDIT : No, now Liches run away to space too!

Also now with Valence, you pick your element instead of juggling order it says.

For all of this, please remember this is Warframe and thus will bug out for the next few weeks. (or forever)

Tylana fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 6, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Lmao at the "force your lich to spawn so you can actually kill it" item only being obtained as a 25% drop from killing a lich

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Honestly, I'd prefer such things be like, 25% from when you fail to parazon your lich. If you have good RNG you don't need them, if you've just got them to spawn and guessed wrong you have a (chance of) way of trying again quickly. But, *shrug*.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Lol thats pretty bad.

Here's hoping everything else is alright.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Oof, not only has melee been nerfed hard, but they also snuck in a nerf to damage reduction instances stacking. The church of rolling guard continues to gain favor.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Mailer posted:

i dont have a railjack and i dont want one stop taking things from me

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Is it out on everything?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

No credit toward helminth experience for already subsumed frames. They didn't promise it but it sucks missing out on all that xp.

The login rewards if you had stuff already

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

temple posted:

No credit toward helminth experience for already subsumed frames. They didn't promise it but it sucks missing out on all that xp.

The login rewards if you had stuff already

The weeklong infusion buffs on Helminth are meant to be high Helminth XP IIRC. But yeah, statement that going forwards don't expect backfills on that.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

“We’re only nerfing one non-melee item”

*nerfs Vermisplicer too*

:mad:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
In case anyone else was wondering, the kuva and corpus liches are totally segregated.
If you have a kuva lich you can't get murmurs from partying with a Sister murmur farm group or vice versa.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Tylana posted:

The weeklong infusion buffs on Helminth are meant to be high Helminth XP IIRC. But yeah, statement that going forwards don't expect backfills on that.

Yeah, I got like 4800 from doing mine. Rushed the segment just to gently caress with it and see what the boosts were like.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
I won't lie: I have no idea what Sisters are going to be like in terms of buggy tedious grind, but I'm so going to endure it all for that Tenet Arca Plasmor.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

There's a new corpus dropship, looks cool.

Does anyone notice their operator's energy meter looks different?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Dojo Bash lab is building, it needs 10k thermal sludge if you've got some. Shouldn't be hard.

e: done, enjoy yareli parts in uh 2.75 days or whatever

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 6, 2021