Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
How is that old world rites mod? I was thinking bout checking it out but i know it's easy for modders to make their poo poo overpowered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I am so excited to play beastmen again and do a bunch of poo poo to have my basic infantry have like 100 speed

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Sinteres posted:

Have they said anything about whether or not game 3 races will have rites? I wouldn't be too sad to see them go, maybe just because I'm dumb and forget to use them a lot, but I feel like it's an interesting decision either way. Either the game 1 races are the only ones that never got them, or the game 2 races will be the only ones to have them.

All I remember hearing about this is that "Rites are a game 2 thing", or something along those lines. In other words, no plans for rites for WH1 races, and WH3 races may have some other sort of thing? Or nothing? I dunno?

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Ardent Communist posted:

How is that old world rites mod? I was thinking bout checking it out but i know it's easy for modders to make their poo poo overpowered.

I've not encountered any rites that I'd consider overpowered. For the most part they seem either too expensive to use early game, and later on they're mostly more marginal. I think the one I've gotten the most use of is an Empire Rite that makes your armies immune to Vampiric and Chaos corruption for a few turns.

The mod also really likes making top tier stuff like Steam Tanks only recruitable through the rites but that can be turned off through the mod configuration.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The best Rite is the canon one "yes I would like an army of dinosaurs please".

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

The best Rite is the canon one "yes I would like an army of dinosaurs please".

Does it still spawn at your capital?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Communist Thoughts posted:

I'm gonna be the one guy saying old beastmen were better.
Theyr my fav faction I hope they don't get ruined

im a big beastmen fan but so far i am hopeful for this. legendoftotalwar said that even though he doesnt like beastmen thematically, they're now as fun and powerful (in player hands) as skaven are. i am looking forward to my beasty boys finally bringing siege and terror to the cities of man

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Does the AI use any of the new herdstone mechanics or is it like Skaven where the AI can’t be trusted to manage things like a player?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I think they have access to the mechanic, but according to LoTW the AI beastmen are no more of a threat than they were pre-patch.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think if they are going to make a Ogre faction work it's going to come down to how good the Gnoblers are, they will need something good at soaking damage or every faction will just bring half ranged half halberds.

Would love to see the Ogre artillery which I think will probably be like Ushabti greatbows, but carrying cannons under their arms and using them as a melee weapon.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I imagine it will be a goblin situation; access to AP in T1, probably poison too, etc... Flanker/soaker/utility by default, unless they've also got a Gnobler LL in their back-pocket (someone mentioned a Khan type character itt?) + further specialized units like what happened with Skarsnik. It was always funny to see like a Turin video where it's Orks vs Whatever and the Whatever came in ready to deal with a BlOrk/Boyz frontline and then they get ambushed by an all-gobbo comp that was entirely stealth lol

e.: More notably the Ogre Bull in the room is the siege rework, since none of the big chonky Ogres can get on walls as things currently are. So it'll be interesting to see if the new sieges are fun both in general and more specifically for factions that bring loads of non-climb/siege-tower units, which fits both Ogres and a few Game 1&2 factions as well (under certain comps, ofc).

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jul 6, 2021

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
What’s left to reveal with the embargo being lifted today? Specific unit stats? Everything seems pretty comprehensive. Do we know who, if anyone, is going to be Thorek’s final enemy?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

We don't know the campaign mechanics for the two face lords yet, do we?

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Dr Christmas posted:

What’s left to reveal with the embargo being lifted today? Specific unit stats? Everything seems pretty comprehensive. Do we know who, if anyone, is going to be Thorek’s final enemy?

Yes, basically. As well as the exact details of the DLC campaign mechanics beyond the 20-ish minutes we got in the reveal stream.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Taylor Swift used to go on tour with a giant bell with "13" written on it in roman numerals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU5q2e6XH_A

So this song plays in my head every time I see a Skaven army.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

drat, according to legend of total war malagor is now a 10/10 lord, when previously he had been regarded as one of the worst lords in the game. legend's only other 10/10 lord is alarielle, so malagor scores even above powerhouses like malekith and teclis.

its kind of appropriate that his rival is alarielle though, they are kind of thematic counterparts like morghur and ariel are.

the beastmen rankings were:

1. malagor
2. taurox
3. khazrak
4. morghur

but all of them are good now, and the lower ones are mostly lower due to a lack of crazy factionwide buffs, they are all powerhouses on the battlefield and in how they buff their unique units.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Excellent, I love that weird Crowman

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

juggalo baby coffin posted:

drat, according to legend of total war malagor is now a 10/10 lord, when previously he had been regarded as one of the worst lords in the game. legend's only other 10/10 lord is alarielle, so malagor scores even above powerhouses like malekith and teclis.

its kind of appropriate that his rival is alarielle though, they are kind of thematic counterparts like morghur and ariel are.

the beastmen rankings were:

1. malagor
2. taurox
3. khazrak
4. morghur

but all of them are good now, and the lower ones are mostly lower due to a lack of crazy factionwide buffs, they are all powerhouses on the battlefield and in how they buff their unique units.

I haven't been able to watch his whole ranking video - did he say his only other 10/10 is Alarielle now? I think he used to have a few 10/10 lords?

Scott Forstall fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 6, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I thought Grom was one of his 10/10 lords because he's the only chariot lord who can still attack while in a movement animation which gives him a much higher DPS than you'd expect.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Legend gives three separate rankings for individual combat, lord's army and faction bonuses then averages them. Alarielle is the only other LL to get 10's across the board.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I like malagor from back when Beasts was the strongest lore in the game for about 5 mins after it was released.

It never really recovered from the nerf

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

I thought Grom was one of his 10/10 lords because he's the only chariot lord who can still attack while in a movement animation which gives him a much higher DPS than you'd expect.

They really need to give all the other chariots an animation pass and give them a similar efficacy.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I've always personally really liked Malagor. His massive leadership debuffs and near infinite winds of magic were both fun and effective. Can't wait to see what the new version looks like!

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Sasgrillo posted:

DLC content embargo drops tomorrow, JanetOnOccasion is covering Oxycodone on the ME.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnLOlY3RbjA

Also apparently the reddit and forums are whipping themselves up into a frenzy over some tweet from Yogscast. So now they're claiming Toddbringer is coming too. I feel bad for game devs.

What's the tweet?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I wonder if Mandalore will do a DLC review for this one?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

litany of gulps posted:

I've always personally really liked Malagor. His massive leadership debuffs and near infinite winds of magic were both fun and effective. Can't wait to see what the new version looks like!

he retains those main traits but theyve been buffed, and he also has much better spells and is really fast. he's not even very vulnerable to ranged attacks because his model is very small, and he can get really high missile resist. he can cast spells forever and nobody can catch him, as well as preventing enemy replenishment and getting up to like -20 leadership on enemy units or something

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

He did reviews for the last two lord packs, so it's safe to see he'll review this one too.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

Isn't Grom getting a nerf this patch?

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

AnEdgelord posted:

Almost certainly yes, but I'm pretty sure that "reviews" are still embargoed for another few days (as opposed to "reveals").

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Currently trapped in pre-patch hell where I want to start a new campaign but I can't stand to do it while missing out on all the cool new stuff.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Vagabong posted:

Currently trapped in pre-patch hell where I want to start a new campaign but I can't stand to do it while missing out on all the cool new stuff.

Ah, you mean the Paradox paradox.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Vagabong posted:

Jump into a campaign that isn’t touched at all by the patch. I’m kinda feeling tomb kings.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I finally finished my first ever complete Tomb Kings campaign over the weekend, though I do feel like I cheesed it a bit by autoresolving too much. I wish I actually enjoyed playing that faction more than I do, and I really hope it gets some love at some point in 3's lifecycle. I don't think they need a total rework like wood elves and beastmen got, but both tomb kings and (to a lesser extent) vampire coast fell behind the base game 2 factions a bit as they got continued support over the life of the game, though obviously WoC, Norsca and probably Vampire Counts from game 1 still need the help more for now.

scolbert
Jan 12, 2012
I'm trying the beastman woodelf mini campaign from first game. Might try other campaigns to see what changed.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Long ago, the Elven civilization experience a schism: One became violent and bloodthirsty warmongers, the others became the Dark Elves.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I haven't really paid attention to the new DLC much. Beastmen and WoC are the only two factions I don't own already, what's the benefit for owning the old Beastmen DLC besides the lords themselves? I assume they have some kind of Wood Elves thing in place this time too, even if it's not the FLC lord.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

RVT posted:

What's the tweet?

They put out a little teaser video of a medieval tavern full of one eyed men and a stomping coming towards the door. It really seems like something to do with toddy but it could just be them in their toddy costume streaming the new dlc tomorrow

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Insurrectionist posted:

I haven't really paid attention to the new DLC much. Beastmen and WoC are the only two factions I don't own already, what's the benefit for owning the old Beastmen DLC besides the lords themselves? I assume they have some kind of Wood Elves thing in place this time too, even if it's not the FLC lord.

Other than the 3 LLs, getting access to RoRs from the original release. Other than that, not much I think.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Ego-bot posted:

Other than the 3 LLs, getting access to RoRs from the original release. Other than that, not much I think.

huh, that's nice at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
My Isabella campaign that I’m trying to finish before the DLC has been going okay. I’ve pushed to Middenheim. I have seven armies running mostly free skeletons while the Empire is running mostly higher-tier infantry, artillery, and archers. Autoresolve usually hates me and I gotta do some work for armies other than my Isabella doomstack. Some Moulder and Bonerattla armies have been marching across my territory and taking hella attrition and took a big bite out of some Reikland armies.

I’ve been unsure how I want to distribute skill points among my bloodline vampire lords, or any lords really. Any tips?

How did you guys who have done this campaign go about gaining further provinces/racial capitols needed for victory once you’ve cleaned out the Empire?