Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The latest batch of Twitch Prime junk has landed:

Portal Dogs
RAD
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
Automachef
Batman: The Telltale Series - The Enemy Within
The Wanderer: Frankenstein's Creature
Tales of the Neon Sea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Spectrum Retreat free on Epic this week.
Bridge Constructor Walking Dead (what) and Ironcast free next week.

repiv you're off your game!

Hollandia fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 2, 2021

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

dang it, lost my streak

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Wow, I don't even want to bother redeeming the games for next week. Even if I don't really want the game, I usually like something about it to bother clicking through. But a walking dead game and what looks like bejeweled.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Cojawfee posted:

Wow, I don't even want to bother redeeming the games for next week. Even if I don't really want the game, I usually like something about it to bother clicking through. But a walking dead game and what looks like bejeweled.

I got Ironcast on Amazon awhile back.
Its not the worst, but not all that exciting either.
Would be better as a phone game.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I think bridge zombies has some tactics/strategy to it which looked interesting when I checked it out when it released, not enough to pick it up then but I'd certainly throw an hour or two at it for free.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Ironcast was fun, I played it ages ago on Steam. It's more like Puzzle Quest and has a strategy/character building element. It can be super frustrating though unless they did a balance pass.

Never managed to win with anything other than the default load out tbh.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jul 2, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Walking Dead Bridge Constructor is somewhat akin to Poly Bridge 3, although not quite as powerful or interesting and with a 'get survivors to a certain place and/or kill all the zombies' type thing. But really the story and objectives could be anything else and it wouldn't change the gameplay, which is mostly about constructing bridges and other devices from the pieces you are given.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

So about this bing stuff. Can I use the points to pay for gamepass so that I can then use the Microsoft Xcloud gaming stuff on my iPad? Thus giving me access to all of the Xbox exclusive games for free, without owning an Xbox?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Sammus posted:

So about this bing stuff. Can I use the points to pay for gamepass so that I can then use the Microsoft Xcloud gaming stuff on my iPad? Thus giving me access to all of the Xbox exclusive games for free, without owning an Xbox?

bingception

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Play posted:

Walking Dead Bridge Constructor is somewhat akin to Poly Bridge 3, although not quite as powerful or interesting and with a 'get survivors to a certain place and/or kill all the zombies' type thing. But really the story and objectives could be anything else and it wouldn't change the gameplay, which is mostly about constructing bridges and other devices from the pieces you are given.

as a matter of fact it frequently has been anything else, it feels and plays pretty close to Portal Bridge Constructor, the only thing that's different is a few of the pieces.

building stuff is extremely my jam so this doesn't bother me in the least but if the fact that these are functionally soulless cash-ins on the parent franchises bothers you then maybe don't.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Sammus posted:

You'll be giving up your time though. Your valuable valuable time

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Sammus posted:

This is how Microsoft wants xCloud to work eventually. But for right now, I don't think every game that's on GamePass is supported on xCloud yet. I also don't know if xCloud is open to all GamePass Ultimate users yet.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Sammus posted:

Yeah, I got in on a £1 PC gamepass deal in May, upgraded to ultimate last month for another £1 and have just been clicking links for a minute or two each morning while I have my coffee. My subscription now runs to the end of October.

I think there are quests that are only available on Xbox but you can definitely get enough points to keep gamepass going indefinitely through the main Microsoft Rewards page and the quests in the gamepass app.

If you want maximum bang for your buck you apparently need to use points / cash to buy as much Xbox live gold as you can and then call up a customer services rep and convince them to turn that into ultimate but that's too much faff even for me

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Len posted:

You'll be giving up your email address though. Your valuable valuable email address

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

it's two thousand and god damned twenty one and you all don't have burner email accounts?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my normal account is my burner account

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I have 30,000 unread messages fight me

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I am slowly migrating away from my hotmail account that I have had for 20 years now simply because the spam is so bad. I've started making speciality accounts for specific things such as 'just work poo poo' and 'billls'. Works fairly well apart from having to remember too many passwords.

dogstile posted:

I have 30,000 unread messages fight me

I recently went back to work with an employer that I I have not worked for since 2012. Apparently they never deactivated my account because, when I logged into it for the first time in 9 years, 4,000 e-mails. Not joking in the slightest. I didn't even think that it held that many.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
My original Gmail is absolutely useless now with the spam it gets. So anything I don't trust goes there.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

My original Gmail is absolutely useless now with the spam it gets. So anything I don't trust goes there.

My wife, years ago: "But I don't understand why you have four email accounts, why would you need more than one email account, are you hiding something from me?"

Me: "Yes, something terrible. Something sinister. Junk mail."

Wife: "You get so much junk mail you need multiple email accounts for it?"

Me: "Yup. Here. Look."

Wife:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I have my professional email that I used for job hunting and it's absolutely useless now with the amount of Indeed and Monster emails it gets.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I’ll suggest SimpleLogin or AnonAddy if you want to limit who you give out your actual email address to. You can create throwaway email addresses that just forward to your actual inbox. Good for seeing who leaks or sells your email address.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
My old email also got ruined trying to apply for various scholarships online. :eng99:

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
JFC folks, I haven't used anything but one GMail account since they started their invite-only access and my mailbox is perfectly maintainable despite my giving my email out wherever necessary. Unsubscribe works perfectly for anything from a legitimate sender and mark as spam works for anything else (and I haven't had to press it for five-some years).

If you really must see who is selling/leaking your email, you can always just add a plus to the end of your handle, followed by the name of the site you're giving your email to. goon+fingatreplacement@gmail.com, for example. If suddenly you start getting spam that's somehow not getting blocked by the filter, you can just set up a rule that sends anything to that recipient to go straight to trash.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Forget it, Cugel. It's Free Gamestown.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

JustJeff88 posted:

I am slowly migrating away from my hotmail account that I have had for 20 years now simply because the spam is so bad. I've started making speciality accounts for specific things such as 'just work poo poo' and 'billls'. Works fairly well apart from having to remember too many passwords.

I recently went back to work with an employer that I I have not worked for since 2012. Apparently they never deactivated my account because, when I logged into it for the first time in 9 years, 4,000 e-mails. Not joking in the slightest. I didn't even think that it held that many.

Pfft I get worse than that over a weekend.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Cugel the Clever posted:

I haven't used anything but one GMail account since they started their invite-only access and my mailbox is perfectly maintainable despite my giving my email out wherever necessary. Unsubscribe works perfectly for anything from a legitimate sender and mark as spam works for anything else (and I haven't had to press it for five-some years).

yeah. i still use a gmail account from the stone ages too, and somehow the amount of spam i get keeps going down. these days i maybe have two dozen mails in the spam bin at any one time. i can understand why some of you folks don't like signing up for stuff online if your email is that much of a nightmare, but you really don't have to live like that lol

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
drat, forgot to post this in this thread.

Free game from some college students.
Looks pretty good.

"Discover the mysteries of the Atacama, explore the abandoned mining networks,
evade the scorching sun and survive the environment in one of the most arid place in the world.

Arid is a FREE survival game made by students from Breda University."

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1463730/Arid/

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Technically ARID is off topic because it was always free but that rule is supposed to keep people from posting crap like gacha games so imo ARID qualifies

My buddy streamed it recently and it looks hella good

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Coolguye posted:

Technically ARID is off topic because it was always free but that rule is supposed to keep people from posting crap like gacha games so imo ARID qualifies

My buddy streamed it recently and it looks hella good

They changed the thread title to just free games so i don't blame the guy

it also hasn't been posted in since may so unless you've got it book marked that's like a dozen+ pages back in games

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Also, because no one's posted about it yet, the new and upcoming free games on the Epic Game Store:

Free July 8-15:
-Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead (I have negative interest in The Walking Dead, but a free Bridge Constructor game is a free Bridge Constructor game.)
-Ironcast (Play a gem-matching game to represent Victorian mech combat. It seems fine.)

Free July 15-22
-Obduction (An adventure game from the creators of Myst. You're transported across the universe to an alien world with other bits from Earth scattered around, so you explore and do Myst things.)
-Offworld Trading Company (A real-time economic strategy game where you play a corporation trying to make as much money as possible from Mars. Has been free on EGS before.)

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Obduction next week is a good one. Definitely worth playing if you are into that Myst style of game, and it looks a treat. Some of it was very tricky though, so you'll need to have your thinking head on (I had to use a guide for some of it, but I'm not particularly clever).

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Induction is VR capable as well I believe

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

According to Steam Obduction supports Index, Vive, Rift, and whatever windows mixed reality is, yeah

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Been on my wishlist for awhile for vr. Glad I never pulled the trigger.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I don’t think I’d want to play a game in VR that basically requires you to keep notes and read a lot. I think Obduction is a lot of that.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

JazzFlight posted:

I don’t think I’d want to play a game in VR that basically requires you to keep notes and read a lot. I think Obduction is a lot of that.
It's nowhere near as much about that as, say, the Myst series proper.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If they haven't fixed the performance issues for VR, don't get your hopes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Psychiatry
Dec 22, 2004

I wonder if a soldier ever does mend a bullet hole in his coat?
Witcher Enhanced Edition is going to be free if you download the GOG Galaxy client during their Witchercon thing tomorrow, July 9th.