Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
I cringe everytime I see Weber loading up for a shot because it will inevitably miss the net wide and come out the zone on the other side. He kills so much offense that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Bae Weber

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/CityNewsMTL/status/1412271237716455425

lol this is great

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

ThinkTank posted:

I felt like I was watching a different game than the CBC talking heads. They were praising Weber's physical play but he kept throwing insane borderline charges that didn't connect. He was like 5cm from a lengthy suspension on a couple. He was flat out awful last night.

It was a really good Jack Johnson impression, if a weird time for one

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
I must have some kind of brain rot, but I still can't shake the feeling that the Habs are gonna win it all.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I liked Weber's attempts at big hits because otherwise the Habs were letting Tampa run around wherever they wanted with only stick-checks to contend with (which never worked and never bounced their way) and it made some of the Bolts forwards actually have to think about something other than the puck. Also gave the crowd something to cheer for when the Habs were otherwise looking like sloppy drunks with their passes and possession.

But he needs to never shoot the puck again, or start aiming for rebounds or something.

This is good, particularly how he abandons the interview to celebrate.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

By all means put some money on it then, you can probably still get like 15 to 1.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Pleads posted:

But he needs to never shoot the puck again, or start aiming for rebounds or something.

It was amazing how much their powerplay improved when he was hurt this and they stopped trying to rip clappers from the point.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Weber was born to lead Dave Hakstol's power play

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

JayMax posted:

I must have some kind of brain rot, but I still can't shake the feeling that the Habs are gonna win it all.

Sorry bud, I found my lucky bracelets that I blacked out chucked in the corner on July 4th and didn’t have available for Game 4. Put a bow on it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aurora posted:

Ban Weber

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Watching weber blast a possession high and wide off the glass is pretty good but I'm partial to him standing completely still in the neutral zone as the play blows by him in the wrong direction.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Has anyone ever seen Shea Weber and Erik Gudbranson together at the same time?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

grack posted:

Has anyone ever seen Shea Weber and Erik Gudbranson together at the same time?

Once I think, but it was a quick glance back while I was on a breakaway.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

After hearing that the league would have asked Montreal to forfeit the end of the Vegas series if covid broke out, I think Tampa should forfeit the games they can't manage to present because of the tropical storm/hurricane. This is absolutely influenced by my desire to have even more chaos in this season and forever have asterisks everywhere.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

MononcQc posted:

After hearing that the league would have asked Montreal to forfeit the end of the Vegas series if covid broke out, I think Tampa should forfeit the games they can't manage to present because of the tropical storm/hurricane. This is absolutely influenced by my desire to have even more chaos in this season and forever have asterisks everywhere.

haha what? this is real?

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

clean ayers act posted:

haha what? this is real?

https://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/nhl_teams_could_forfeit_playoff_series_if_they_break_covid_protocols/s1_16454_34745612

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
(Un)Fortunately, there is very little chance the storm will have any effect on the stadium/area by game time tomorrow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Habs didn't break covid protocols, the United States of America did.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

oh man, why this team gotta torture me for one more game

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Pleads posted:

I liked Weber's attempts at big hits because otherwise the Habs were letting Tampa run around wherever they wanted with only stick-checks to contend with (which never worked and never bounced their way) and it made some of the Bolts forwards actually have to think about something other than the puck. Also gave the crowd something to cheer for when the Habs were otherwise looking like sloppy drunks with their passes and possession.

Chiarot and Edmundson were also going out of the way to throw big hits. I'm not sure Chiarot did anything else.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Zodijackylite posted:

Chiarot and Edmundson were also going out of the way to throw big hits. I'm not sure Chiarot did anything else.

Better they do that than to bat the puck into their own net, or turn the puck over without looking and give up a goal.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
they should force the Tampa team to play in Toronto after taking the raptors on loan.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Bip Roberts posted:

they should force the Tampa team to play in Toronto after taking the raptors on loan.

They did that a year ago

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I know Stamkos is good on the point, but can Kucherov hit threes?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Bip Roberts posted:

They did that a year ago

The blue-clad home teams winning conference finals in Toronto all just blend into each other at some point.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Montreal police are 2 for 2 on teargassing mostly-peaceful crowds after Habs wins. They're going to get torn apart if the Habs complete the miracle comeback and they try that poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They deserve it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pleads posted:

Montreal police are 2 for 2 on teargassing mostly-peaceful crowds after Habs wins. They're going to get torn apart if the Habs complete the miracle comeback and they try that poo poo.

Are they? They're the ones with the tear gas.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

MJeff posted:

Are they? They're the ones with the tear gas.

All the cops and tear gas in mtl versus everyone else and all the booze in mtl. I know when I'm putting my money.

E: vvv it's not. Murder pigs just gonna use it as an excuse to be murder pigs.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 7, 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...I mean those crowds are drunk and have fireworks, maybe it's the right call this time.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hong Kong taught us it's not booze that wins protests, it's umbrellas, milk and traffic cones. Habs fans are hosed.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Aphrodite posted:

...I mean those crowds are drunk and have fireworks, maybe it's the right call this time.

Ahh the old "defense of capital and Latvian goaltenders," excuse for police brutality.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Tear gassing civilians is never the right call, even if they root for a hockey team you dont like.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're right. They're Montrealers, they should use something stronger.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

xzzy posted:

Hong Kong taught us it's not booze that wins protests, it's umbrellas, milk and traffic cones. Habs fans are hosed.

You’d think milk being in bags would make it more portable but nope!

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Tous les flics sont des bâtards

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

If all movies are bread, man, which movie is Panarin?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Jesus christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

You're right. They're Montrealers, they should use something stronger.

no, no, dig up, stupid