Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Never seen this before

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/1397005503998353408?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Yeah, the whole of the first match on the Hana card was just guys trying to out-wild each other.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
https://twitter.com/RealRickyMorton/status/1398373019853148162

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/KVR216/status/1398830236171657225?s=20

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I think Kaasa hosed up both Horiguchi and Gamma with that 630. Dude was pure 100% CIMA-bait and was amazing watching him do moves like peak-Ricochet in Brock Lesnar's body, but he was sloppy and never tightened up over the course of his DG tour.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Dimebags Brain posted:

I think Kaasa hosed up both Horiguchi and Gamma with that 630. Dude was pure 100% CIMA-bait and was amazing watching him do moves like peak-Ricochet in Brock Lesnar's body, but he was sloppy and never tightened up over the course of his DG tour.

drat, Kaasa, that's a name I haven't read in a very long time. Whatever happened to that guy, did he retire or something?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Germansimp posted:

drat, Kaasa, that's a name I haven't read in a very long time. Whatever happened to that guy, did he retire or something?

Apparently he hosed up his back in a really dodgy Evolve ring. Went for a springboard moonsault & the loving rope snapped so he landed badly, not quite Hayabusa levels of horrifying but still ugly. Same show the ropes broke twice in a Hero vs Keith Lee match. gently caress Gabe.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:33 on May 30, 2021

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Apparently he hosed up his back in a really dodgy Evolve ring. Went for a springboard moonsault & the loving rope snapped so he landed badly, not quite Hayabusa levels of horrifying but still ugly. Same show the ropes broke twice in a Hero vs Keith Lee match. gently caress Gabe.

That absolutely sucks to hear. Definitely remember seeing gifs from that Hero-Lee match, how badly do you have to gently caress up equipment that that poo poo happens thrice in one night and one of the breaks ends the career of a wrestler. gently caress Gabe indeed, drat.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I remember two things about Peter Kaasa.
1) He did a running shooting star cannonball from the ring to a bunch of guys on the outside and cleared the top rope.
2) He said a bunch of really lovely transphobic stuff on Twitter.

Dude was amazing in the ring, but he was also very yikes.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

https://twitter.com/SirLARIATO/status/1399174438462107653?s=19

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
people keep going in the aew threads 'what would happen when ethan and darby meet 1v1' and i keep linking this gif, so i figure i'll put it in here to make it a bit easier to find

pictured: part of ethan and darby's history together
https://twitter.com/ClassicChhun/status/741484856601874432

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

sticklefifer posted:

Dude was amazing in the ring, but he was also very yikes.

this explains pro wrestling as a whole.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

flatluigi posted:

people keep going in the aew threads 'what would happen when ethan and darby meet 1v1' and i keep linking this gif, so i figure i'll put it in here to make it a bit easier to find

pictured: part of ethan and darby's history together

Ethan yeets Darby on every match (he did at Double or Nothing too). They have great chemistry.

Evanauto
Jul 27, 2007

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.

Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed among cocktails.
Pray for me now, and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.
Amen.

Guillermus posted:

Ethan yeets Darby on every match (he did at Double or Nothing too). They have great chemistry.

What is the chemical equation for bones breaking on steel?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Evanauto posted:

What is the chemical equation for bones breaking on steel?

Ca3(PO4)2 plus Fe(and C, Ni, Cr) with some yelling before and after.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/WrestlingTravel/status/1402028755447582721?s=19

Evanauto
Jul 27, 2007

Amen.

The only time the words "Smooth" and "Cactus Jack" have ever been used so close together in a sentence.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

the waffleimages restoration has made the original gif thread not a complete wasteland anymore. congrats to Jerusalem. Also, the entire LP forum.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 10, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HulkaMatt posted:

the waffleimages restoration has made the original gif thread not a complete wasteland anymore. congrats to Jerusalem. Also, the entire LP forum.

Yeah was just checking this out, the thread before this one is still largely devoid of working links since tinypic was the replacement of choice for awhile after Waffleimages went down, but the thread before that started with random-m as the imagehost then made the jump to waffleimages, and a ton of that stuff is back now. :woop: for Project Waffle!

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

But let’s just disavow a lot of the text in that thread. I dug up my posts and :goofy: at the poo poo I posted, god drat, and I managed to not throw around homophobic slurs!

What a different culture SA was… fourteen years ago.

Weirdly J-Ru’s posting is… maybe even more dad jokes then than now

And also

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sure that looks impressive but how long a career do you think a guy can have who bases his in-ring stuff on his incredible strength?

No no, it's the masters of match psychology like Nigel McGuinness who are the guys who will have the long active careers as wrestlers :smug:

:smith:

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Oh I passed over a lot of Nigel gifs, most of which were of things that shortened the hell out of his career

Meanwhile the guy who did this is still going

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I remember Steen successfully running an angle where his knee was completely hosed and he was going to have to retire... in like 2009 :stare:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've been digging through the old threads and old posts. Look how happy Mox was to be sneked.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Does anybody have the GIF of Shawn Spears being revealed in Chair World and zoomed in on from Stadium Stampede, I need it for a Cytube I'm in tia

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

god bless j-ru

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

https://twitter.com/ThatsOurMongo/status/1404266414668750855

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Chair lair was such a ridiculous visual, largely because it was just the start and meant nothing other than a continuation of Shawn being weirdly obsessed with chairs.

Not even like a Bubba Ray metaphor, man just seems to enjoy chairs?

Why not to go 4 people high.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Wazzu posted:

Chair lair was such a ridiculous visual, largely because it was just the start and meant nothing other than a continuation of Shawn being weirdly obsessed with chairs.

Not even like a Bubba Ray metaphor, man just seems to enjoy chairs?

The levels of a video game like Streets of Rage was just glorious.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wazzu posted:

Dude likes to sit. It's cool.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They should've had him sit backwards on a chair and do a PSA.

We've all had a lot of fun here today, but chairs are no laughing matter.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Whom amongst us doesn't enjoy a good sit

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

This spinning crucifix blue thunder bomb (?) owns

https://twitter.com/heyyimrob/status/1411765645478449155?s=21

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

https://twitter.com/robviper/status/1411946487349661697?s=21

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The gif took a few times to fully play and I was fully impressed already by the super smooth transition from the rope to the guy's shoulders.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's like a Vaudeville tumbling act.

Evanauto
Jul 27, 2007

Amen.

Yay! Cheerleading! :dumbbravo:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/DeepCutsWCW/status/1413505309344034816