Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1412453397073215496

Give me more of Kingston shooting on the locker room for being cowards.

Eddie repping Kazushi Sakuraba is one of many reasons he's the coolest ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

flatluigi posted:

yeah it sounds like from the clip he wanted to make sure it was safe, relied on professionals to make it safe, and they didn't get the message that it also needed to look good on camera

what kind of pyrotechnician doesnt understand that it needs to look good?

part of me, deep down, believes the bad explosion was a work all along and all the cover up stories are part of it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm pretty sure the explosion contractor skimped on the flash stuff because they saw how close all the ringside poo poo was. Last thing AEW needs is Vertivixen or Lady Frost covered in melting AEW logos.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Pamela Springstein posted:

what kind of pyrotechnician doesnt understand that it needs to look good?

part of me, deep down, believes the bad explosion was a work all along and all the cover up stories are part of it

The pyro at the Great White concert in Rhode Island probably looked good too, but safety is always #1 when dealing with explosives.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

coconono posted:

I'm pretty sure the explosion contractor skimped on the flash stuff because they saw how close all the ringside poo poo was. Last thing AEW needs is Vertivixen or Lady Frost covered in melting AEW logos.

The Explosion Contractor confirmed this on WOR

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I still maintain they should have had the match live then used parlor tricks (a shot of Callis coming out or something) to cut to a closed pretape where they could use better pyro or CG or something to make it look super good instead of bad! You have full control! Tony!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the live crowd wouldve loved taht even more

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

yea ok posted:

the live crowd wouldve loved taht even more

The "live crowd" was A) floridian and therefore unimportant and B) a small rounding error of the number of people watching. Make it look good for tape!!!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

projecthalaxy posted:

I still maintain they should have had the match live then used parlor tricks (a shot of Callis coming out or something) to cut to a closed pretape where they could use better pyro or CG or something to make it look super good instead of bad! You have full control! Tony!

So the live crowd watches a whole match then has to watch an explosion on a screen?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the outcome was still funny, which I thought was the desired effect. You had Kenny beating on a piece of sheet metal scream how he'll end Moxley and in a way, he did. By humiliating Moxley, Omega elevated himself to untouchable status. Look at moxley now. He hosts a podcast. What a loser.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I did love those vignettes of Kenny whaling on some sheet metal with a hammer and in cowboy boots

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also i forgot they had a limited live crowd for that show because it was covid time. This is because I'm just phenomenally stupid and also earlier this year was 30 years ago

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'm 60 years old now

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You look good for 60 imo

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I don't buy it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/newwrestling1/status/1412429558565978121

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

the problems uploading were from sammy crying onto his laptop because he had to take fuego out back and put him down after Tony Khan said that He Knew Too Much

hate to see it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

boxcarhobo posted:

the problems uploading were from sammy crying onto his laptop because he had to take fuego out back and put him down after Tony Khan said that He Knew Too Much

hate to see it

Mods please probate this poster for another month

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lol sure sammy, upload difficulties for 3 hours straight

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
take some blue chews to fix your upload

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

smarxist posted:

take some blue chews to fix your upload

that's more of a JR problem. Sammy gf always looks pretty chillaxed.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Oil! posted:

The pyro at the Great White concert in Rhode Island probably looked good too, but safety is always #1 when dealing with explosives.

Tony should hire Rammstein next time. They're all licensed pyrotechnicians AND they could play a kickass set at a PPV.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

sticklefifer posted:

Tony should hire Rammstein next time. They're all licensed pyrotechnicians AND they could play a kickass set at a PPV.
Kenny wears a one-winged variant of Till's Engel gear for his entrance.

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSaa3vC_n2k

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I bought my ticket for Dynamite in Charlotte for the end of the month! My first live wrestling in two years! Can’t wait to see all my AEW favorites like Fuego Del Sol and

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

sticklefifer posted:

Darby getting a hole put in his cheek for a light show

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
On one hand, I can totally buy youtube loving up your most important upload for 5+ hours. OTOH I'm betting this is a work and they'll show who is shoot in AEW on that vlog.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
we're all getting worked aren't we? this is going to be a big feel good show of signings :3

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

coconono posted:

Reminder this is how close the FMW-E explosions were
https://twitter.com/yossio440/status/1411570100503650308
https://twitter.com/VTJqj75IwlVfNhQ/status/1411693706772508673

No reports of anybody getting melted.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Going to be honest "Onita did it, therefore it must be safe" doesn't hold THAT much water for me.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Vlog delayed even longer
https://twitter.com/sammyguevara/status/1412529569190481926

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

What a worker

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:thunkher:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i ain't fooled

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Schrodinger Del Sol, the wrestler who cannot be proved to NOT have a contract until observed in the form of a youtube vlog.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Lamuella posted:

Going to be honest "Onita did it, therefore it must be safe" doesn't hold THAT much water for me.

I meant it in a more it CAN be done relatively safely and still be impressive. Obviously AEW should take measures to be more safe than an Onita shindy show, but it's definitely possible to have very impressive explosions that photograph well and don't leaves everyone with eyebrows.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I think Sammy is working me,
I’m pretty sure Sammy is working me,

My heart is prepared for it not to be a work.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the vlog contains Fuego is signed celebration which is revealed on Dark so it has to run after, but I'm hoping we get other signs

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Jonny Nox posted:

I think Sammy is working me,
I’m pretty sure Sammy is working me,

My heart is prepared for it not to be a work.

This is where I want to be, but I'm gonna be devastated when it's not a work.

Ready for Marko to betray Fuego and cost him the contract.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
deleted? oh god don't tell me they're running back hardy/guevara again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

wardlow is talking in the Road to everyone shut up