Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

whoah is this nft tranching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

younguns are safu

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

The Saucer Hovers posted:

The Witch-Hunt Narrative: Politics, Psychology, and the Sexual Abuse of Children
Ross E. Cheit

Abstract

Child sexual abuse became part of the public discourse in 1984 with a series of high-profile criminal cases involving day-care centers. Epitomized by the McMartin Preschool case, this one and dozens of others were eventually seen as “witch-hunts.” Under this view, the charges were the result of suggestive interviewing, overzealous prosecutors, and a gullible press. This is the first scholarly book to challenge that view. Based on fifteen years of original trial court research, it argues that the evidence for the witch-hunt narrative is weak at best, in many cases ignoring significant evidence of abuse and in others ignoring complexity. The McMartin Preschool case, for example, involved a significant injustice to five defendants, but the picture is much murkier for two others. The claim that there were hundreds of these cases across the country is even more misplaced. Indeed, there is an untold history of child sexual abuse that involves minimization and denial, where the witch-hunt narrative claims there was only “hysteria” about the issue. The Kelly Michaels case became a turning point. Academic psychologists helped persuade the court that problems involving “child suggestibility” undermined the entire case. This book argues that this conventional wisdom is incorrect. The final chapter considers recent developments, including Megan’s Law and scandals connected to Penn State and the Roman Catholic Church. The book ends with concerns about expansive views of child suggestibility and the attack on frontline professions providing services to sexually abused children.

My fav little crack pings about the preschool case is the FOIA'd FBI files confirm the existence of the tunnels that the official story said didn't exist and mentioned a link to the finders and that the finders were a CIA asset

quote:

FBI Accidental Data Dump - After reading the wiki article and getting familiar with the case go to the FBI's Freedom of Information Act website and download "The finders PDF" by searching "The finders" in the websites search bar(or click my link). Go to page 48-49 pdf after download. Take note to read the end in which the FBI foresenic team states there investigation was cut short due to time restrictions and there where more to be explored. "The finders" case has no correlation to the McMartin case and it can be assumed page 48-49 should not be in the file dump. I assumed this was a fake website spoof for Halloween upon seeing it myself, but its definetly not as the the FBI's official twitter handle links to it.

FBI Links-

The Website - https://vault.fbi.gov/the-finders/the-finders-part-01-of-01/view

cagliostr0 has issued a correction as of 16:21 on Jul 5, 2021

TapesFromTheFuture
Jun 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Saucer Hovers posted:

The Witch-Hunt Narrative: Politics, Psychology, and the Sexual Abuse of Children
Ross E. Cheit

Abstract

Child sexual abuse became part of the public discourse in 1984 with a series of high-profile criminal cases involving day-care centers. Epitomized by the McMartin Preschool case, this one and dozens of others were eventually seen as “witch-hunts.” Under this view, the charges were the result of suggestive interviewing, overzealous prosecutors, and a gullible press. This is the first scholarly book to challenge that view. Based on fifteen years of original trial court research, it argues that the evidence for the witch-hunt narrative is weak at best, in many cases ignoring significant evidence of abuse and in others ignoring complexity. The McMartin Preschool case, for example, involved a significant injustice to five defendants, but the picture is much murkier for two others. The claim that there were hundreds of these cases across the country is even more misplaced. Indeed, there is an untold history of child sexual abuse that involves minimization and denial, where the witch-hunt narrative claims there was only “hysteria” about the issue. The Kelly Michaels case became a turning point. Academic psychologists helped persuade the court that problems involving “child suggestibility” undermined the entire case. This book argues that this conventional wisdom is incorrect. The final chapter considers recent developments, including Megan’s Law and scandals connected to Penn State and the Roman Catholic Church. The book ends with concerns about expansive views of child suggestibility and the attack on frontline professions providing services to sexually abused children.

If anyone wants to know anything about any of this, just ask. This is sadly the world that I know the most about firsthand.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

cagliostr0 posted:

My fav little crack pings about the preschool case is the FOIA'd FBI files confirm the existence of the tunnels that the official story said didn't exist and mentioned a link to the finders and that the finders were a CIA asset
Weren't the tunnels just a rotting out trash pit that the building was built on? As for the finders, it's a 50/50 whether any given pedophile cult is a CIA asset.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

:staredog:

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

bedpan posted:

I read "Chaos: Charles Manson, the CIA, and the Secret History of the Sixties" and when Otto Skorzeny entered the narriative I had to step away from the book. I had to step away again when Jolly West and JFK were brought up later.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yeah, I've yet to finish the book because of that.

well poo poo now y’all have me curious

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I'm about 99% sure that the "Satanic Panic" of the 80's was an attempt to discredit actual child trafficking by laundering it through America's stupidest demographic-the religious right, who went about stopping it by...banning Dungeons & Dragons and convinced everyone else that it was just the religious crazies at it again, nothing so see here.

And if you apply this rule to Epstein, you get....

TapesFromTheFuture posted:

If anyone wants to know anything about any of this, just ask. This is sadly the world that I know the most about firsthand.

You cant post this and not elaborate.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I'm about 99% sure that the "Satanic Panic" of the 80's was an attempt to discredit actual child trafficking by laundering it through America's stupidest demographic-the religious right, who went about stopping it by...banning Dungeons & Dragons and convinced everyone else that it was just the religious crazies at it again, nothing so see here.

And if you apply this rule to Epstein, you get....

You cant post this and not elaborate.

You could easily make the case for this by comparing the mountain of speculative McMartin preschool material to the absolute dearth of Franklin Credit Ring material.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

I am 100% convinced that The Franklin Ring was real and was in fact an adjunct to the larger op that became the Epstein Syndikate. Nick Bryant wrote a superb book on Franklin and also broke Epstein btw

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

you ever see a post so cooked your brain blanks out your memory out of a sense of self-preservation?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
the McMartin tunnels are 100% real

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

tempted for the first time ever to get a gangtag

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
the Franklin ring stuff is actually the first thing that crack pinged me probably. the Bryant book is indeed excellent. like it’s been established as common knowledge it was a hoax until you like do the barest of actual reading on it. it was absolutely some mammoth and well funded and organized network surfacing

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
That thread on depression, genetic disposition towards mental illness and its (false, planted) relationship with artistic genius branched off into Katherine Graham setting up to take over the Washington Post from her husband under circumstances that suggest he was set-up/coup'ed from within.

and you put this together with how the Washington Post was the one that ran the Pentagon Papers (and even got a brilliantly sycophantic Tom Hanks movie made about it to Defend the Free Press Against Trumpian Attacks)

and all this time the hagiography of Katherine Graham was that she's this weeping widow that was out of her depth when she was thrust into the ownership of a major newspaper against her will by the tragic sudden death of her husband

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it's cool, they made a meme for it
https://twitter.com/noncefinance/status/1412079348861923328
lol

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

That thread on depression, genetic disposition towards mental illness and its (false, planted) relationship with artistic genius branched off into Katherine Graham setting up to take over the Washington Post from her husband under circumstances that suggest he was set-up/coup'ed from within.

and you put this together with how the Washington Post was the one that ran the Pentagon Papers (and even got a brilliantly sycophantic Tom Hanks movie made about it to Defend the Free Press Against Trumpian Attacks)

and all this time the hagiography of Katherine Graham was that she's this weeping widow that was out of her depth when she was thrust into the ownership of a major newspaper against her will by the tragic sudden death of her husband

nut
Jul 30, 2019

https://twitter.com/KBULTRA0/status/1411740262787956742?s=20

ARPANet just making sure u understand both the world and urself

nut
Jul 30, 2019

also

https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1412285680999309314?s=20

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

where is it

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

The Outlaw Bank about BCCI is an absolutely incredible book and considering BCCI is at the heart of Epstein intrigue you should check it out

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tubgoat posted:

Was Finonce taken?

no but Vatican Bank was

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

no but Vatican Bank was

man, i'm staring at a wikipedia rabbithole right now on "Institute for the Works of Religion"

has anyone made any interesting headway into the private sector institutions that interface with religious orgs and what that whole mess looks like?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Pope John Paul the First :crackping:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

smarxist posted:

man, i'm staring at a wikipedia rabbithole right now on "Institute for the Works of Religion"

has anyone made any interesting headway into the private sector institutions that interface with religious orgs and what that whole mess looks like?

Institutum pro Operibus Religionis is a great rabbithole, A+ would go down again

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

for-profit religious organizations are a central part of the republicans political apparatus and are thus wholly respectable

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Pope John Paul the First :crackping:

Oh yeah he's the one that got murdered, right?

Oh man, is there a good tell-all book about Vatican 2?

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004
New Epstein black book just dropped

https://www.businessinsider.com/jeffrey-epstein-other-little-black-book-2021-6

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
here's the black book pages:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/20973204-jeffrey-epsteins-other-little-black-book-redacted#document/p5

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

hahaha little st james used to belong to cumming

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lol of course Ted Kennedy is in Epstein's book

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Went to a random page and the first name I recognized was Carl Icahn

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

👀

amazing how the Dersh just keeps geting away with it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I've been assured by dersh that during his entire tenure of association with Jeffrey epstein, he maintained legal and vigorous heterosexual sex with his wife and only his wife in the privacy of their own home bi-daily

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat
Robin Leach!!! Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol there are some good names in there

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

im sure this guy is on the up and up

quote:

At McKinsey Daniel developed the concept of critical success factors. He hired and mentored future managing director Rajat Gupta.[1] He was Jeffrey Skilling's former boss before Skilling became CEO of Enron.[2]

In 2004, he described himself as "the bridge between McKinsey's founding generation and the present".[3]

Outside McKinsey he was a director of Yum! Brands and chairman of New York-based private equity firm Ripplewood Holdings.[2]
Non-profit

Daniel has a longtime affiliation with Harvard University. He served for many years as treasurer of the university. Daniel was also a member of the Harvard Corporation, the institution's ultimate governing body, and chairman of the board of the Harvard Medical School. He was also chairman of the Harvard Management Company, which oversees over $20 billion in assets and endowments.

Daniel also holds an Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree from Wesleyan and is chairman emeritus of the school's board of trustees. He is a member of the board of Thirteen/WNET (New York's public broadcasting station). He is also a member of the board of the Brookings Institution, and a trustee of Rockefeller University. He is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and the Council on Foreign Relations.[2][4]

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

smarxist posted:

I've been assured by dersh that during his entire tenure of association with Jeffrey epstein, he maintained legal and vigorous heterosexual sex with his wife and only his wife in the privacy of their own home bi-daily

Which is why I implicitly trust him and believe him when he says that Bernie Sanders is a self-hating Jew for mildly criticizing Israel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

smarxist posted:

Every so often I remember him insisting nothing happened and that at no time did he ever remove his underwear and I have a good laugh