Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Awww, I wish it had a First Person mode, for old times sake!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Zerot posted:

The bundle does not seem to be further discounted now that I own Yakuza 3, unfortunately.

Bummer. I was curious, too. Thanks for asking, GrandpaPants, and thanks for answering, Zerot. I believe Fanatical is still selling the Yakuza Collection for $20.25 (use BOOSTEROIDSUMMER coupon code), so it looks like it's time to pause Humble for another month.

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems
going to re-up this question just in case it got lost in the shuffle:

Occultatio posted:

Has anybody played the Supraland DLC and formed an opinion on it? I loved and 100%'d the main game, and I don't mind at all that there's apparently basically no combat in the DLC since that always felt like just a chore, but there are some real mixed reviews about the quality vs backtracking volume on Steam and I'd love to get the thread's thoughts.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Im_Special posted:

Thanks for this terrible news and ruining the leet-ness of that page count 1337! Is this just for Steam or for all digital goods like GoG.com and the like?

Also sup fellow Albertiagoon. :)

That I'm not sure of, but I'd guess this is a store-specific thing. I think Steam is working through all the regions/countries to update taxes/currency/things like that, and AB got hit on Canada Day.

.random
May 7, 2007

PowerBeard posted:

Awww, I wish it had a First Person mode, for old times sake!

A scene in the trailer showed them going into FP mode so I think your prayers are answered.

Also what is this? It looks… intriguing

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Occultatio posted:

going to re-up this question just in case it got lost in the shuffle:
I never completed it, but they wrote up a post-mortem a while ago that summarises a lot of my feelings about it;

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/813630/view/2596838746238082040

Its not bad. Its just that after completing the original I was hoping the DLC would be a smaller continuation of the story, but its actually quite big and the puzzles are more advanced, and like the article says it just sort of misses the charm of the original. They are very aware of this though and are trying to do something that captures and improves on the original in the next DLC and the sequel.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Seeking recommendations for ARPG hack and slashers in the vein of Diablo and Torchlight, as I've got an urge to click on things repeatedly.

DrankSinatra
Aug 25, 2011

I, Butthole posted:

Seeking recommendations for ARPG hack and slashers in the vein of Diablo and Torchlight, as I've got an urge to click on things repeatedly.

I'm in the same mood, and I picked up Grim Dawn for $6. I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard good things.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

DrankSinatra posted:

I'm in the same mood, and I picked up Grim Dawn for $6. I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard good things.

It's very good yes

Also good controller support

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Give me all the ACE Team, inject it directly into my veins

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I hope this one isn’t an open world game which obviously had ambitions that outstripped time and budget.

.random posted:

A scene in the trailer showed them going into FP mode so I think your prayers are answered.

Also what is this? It looks… intriguing

Zeno Clash 1 and 2 are delightfully strange (not the game design, the world/character/etc design) and kind of awkward mostly first person brawlers.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I'm looking for cheapo FPSes if anyone has any recommendations. I already have all the post-2 Far Cries, and I just bought Doom 3.

I have the modern Wolfensteins on console (too grim for my liking). Though not Youngblood

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rinkles posted:

I'm looking for cheapo FPSes if anyone has any recommendations. I already have all the post-2 Far Cries, and I just bought Doom 3.

Amid Evil and Dusk are amazing retro-styled FPSes

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Rinkles posted:

I have the modern Wolfensteins on console (too grim for my liking). Though not Youngblood

Everyone seems to recommend Titanfall 2 and it's -80%.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kennel posted:

Everyone seems to recommend Titanfall 2 and it's -80%.

Oh yeah Titanfall 2 is amazing

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Amid Evil and Dusk are amazing retro-styled FPSes

yeah but i'm cheap. i just want to find the ~$5 stuff whilst the sale's still on.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

homefront:the revolution's probably poopy?

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
If you like zombie games or sniping, Zombie Army Trilogy is like six bucks. It's kind of basic but fun and co-op mode is good too.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Rinkles posted:

homefront:the revolution's probably poopy?

You could do worse but it’s not much more than okay.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Reminder that Timesplitters 2 is in Homefront the Revolution.

There are ~$5 Turok 2 keys floating around SA-mart.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Rinkles posted:

Singularity is pretty good and cheap https://store.steampowered.com/app/42670/Singularity/

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

yeah i was looking at it, was just hoping it'd it be cheaper

also wanted the raven wolfenstein, but steam doesn't carry it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Titanfall 2 is $6
Black Mesa is $8
Doom 2016 is $6
Doom 64 is $1.50
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is $6
Overload is $7.50

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Occultatio posted:

Has anybody played the Supraland DLC and formed an opinion on it? I loved and 100%'d the main game, and I don't mind at all that there's apparently basically no combat in the DLC since that always felt like just a chore, but there are some real mixed reviews about the quality vs backtracking volume on Steam and I'd love to get the thread's thoughts.

I nearly 100% the DLC, missed a Waldo that has since been edited to be a little easier to not miss. It's a different game-flow than the original, but for a DLC, I felt that was a good thing. I didn't feel there was too-much backtracking, it's more that the nature of the DLC has you getting sent back to the start... but each time the level changes, your ship keeps crashing and loving something else up, so it's revisiting areas that have been changed which lead you through new ways through areas. I thought it was a nice cap to Supraland, more content in that same engine/world, but without being more of the same.

Trickyblackjack posted:

Some good looking games coming, but I think I'm most excited for Last Stop. Virginia was really dope.

Yeah I'm way over walking back to a boss, but give me more walking between bosses like in Furi. You need those quiet, contemplative moments to make the rest pop.

I think the walks are great... in between bosses. My issue with Titan Souls is I spent longer walking to the first, closest boss room than I did fighting it, and the more I lost, the more time I had to spend slowly walking back, smacking into troll-stairs, and then hop back into a boss room, start that, then immediately die right when I remember what I need to do... which I will forget again as I grow increasingly irritated with each each walk. I assume this was to provide a "chill" break where you can think about what you did, but it worked to the opposite effect, pissing me off more than the bosses ever did. If it wasn't a one-hit-kill game, it probably wouldn't be so bad, but since you have no room for error, it would just be kinder if the game started you right at the boss so you can learn it's gimmick in peace.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

I, Butthole posted:

Path of Exile or Grim Dawn for fully released things. I’ve never been huge on GD but others are.

Last Epoch for Early Access potential.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

:nice:

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition is going for cheap. Older game, but good fun.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

deep dish peat moss posted:

Alright I've been trying Songs of Syx again after the updates it got and it still owns, but can someone help me figure out what is going wrong re: access to services?

50 workers starved to death while building this apartment. I have way more than enough food. There's an Eatery just over on the east side of the library that has employees and doors, but somehow was not being filled. Also they all starved to death instead of walking to any one of my other dozen eateries/kitchen things. My storage rooms are well staffed. I'm not sure why the eatery stopped working or how these people starved to death.

Somehow only 4% of my population has access to wells.

But... I have wells all over the place that aren't being used. You can see 6 in this screenshot alone:

And they all have the maximum number of services available and waiting. And the distance score for wells (1.2%) shows that they're super close to everyone all the time.

Also only 38% have access to beds despite me having large, accessible dormitories all over the place which are barely being used. This used to be about ~4% too and I'm not sure what changed.

I don't use auto-employment and make sure there are always ample workers assigned to everything and plenty of spare odd-job population. I was a little behind on having enough food rooms. My store rooms all have some food in them instead of having just one giant food stockpile (but I have that too).

:confused:

Fuuuuuuck. That good? How's the learning curve?

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Rinkles posted:

yeah i was looking at it, was just hoping it'd it be cheaper

also wanted the raven wolfenstein, but steam doesn't carry it

That got pulled from sale. You can only get the Raven Soft Wolf from third-party sites if at all.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 7, 2021

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Someone posted the retro FPSs a few pages back and I got Dusk and man is it a good game. So far I don't have anything bad to say about it, for $10, it may be one of my best game purchases this year. So thanks for that post. Prodeus also looks really good, but I'll wait until it's done and has a sale.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

I, Butthole posted:

Apart from Grim Dawn that was already mentioned, I had some fun with Victor Vran but played it co-op so I don't know what the solo play is like. I assume it's still good.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

i dont know why but them using manga action lines during attacks is really funny to me.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I, Butthole posted:

Diablo 2 is my favorite game of all time and I have played virtually every ARPG that has come out since. At the end of the day I hate them all. I even wrote a big effort post about how much I dislike Last Epoch but I didn't post it and just made it a Steam review instead

I say all of this just to say that Chronicon is the only post-Diablo 2 ARPG that I like. The only downside is it's solo / local co-op only, there's no online play.

It has classes and skills that feel good. It doesn't make you play for 20 hours to unlock the skills you'll actually use on your character. It has loot that's fun and clearly defines or enables a certain build. It's packed full of giant hordes of enemies that can drop powerful loot right from the beginning. It gets extremely chaotic but in a way that leaves you excited to get back to town and sort through loot. It's not bogged down by a sluggish non-responsive 3d engine like almost every single 3d ARPG that isn't named Diablo 3. It takes a small adjustment to get used to the movement and animation lock on the skills but as soon as it clicked I loved it.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 7, 2021

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I, Butthole posted:

I'll be unpopular and say that Wolcen is actually fun for a campaign run, if that's all you're looking for. It's flashy and I like its combat, but if you're looking to grind the perfect loot, or construct the perfect build, then you're probably best served with Path of Exile, which is free. Otherwise I'll echo the Grim Dawn suggestion, and Last Epoch is promising but unfinished.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Update: Wildermyth is in fact excellent.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I am about to start playing MW5 Mercs again for the third night in a row. The voice acting that plays while you are stomping around people's bases is actually incredibly entertaining, as the voice actors aren't bad.
The raider opfor was going "Aww man that was the admin building!", there was a farmer type who said something like "We might be Yokels but we can hire lawyers if you keep smashing things!" as you defended his base, and then there was a woman VA who was very yelly and ragey, really gave it 110%. I try and listen to all dialog, especially the exposition so I (basically) know whats going on, and keep up with House Davions missions. So when I hear more and more shouting over the radio as I destroy the base its really really immersive and funny.
Conversely the 'quieter ' search and destroy missions are both more difficult and much less interesting, less funny overall.
Game is great! I never played MW on PC or anything so I suppose I am getting my fix!

e how that guy ended up with a country hick accent on an inner sphere farming planet I dont know but its a fun bit of personality in my EPIC MECHWARRIOR game

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Nioh 2? Yeah/nah?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Eason the Fifth posted:

Update: Wildermyth is in fact excellent.

Going to second this one. I made an earlier post about it being too easy, but that was while playing the first campaign on the standard difficulty. After playing more of it on the second highest difficulty level I can say it gets properly challenging on the tactical layer. The different enemy factions offer fairly varied challenges in their compositions and the semi-random nature of level ups and mutations ("Themes" in the in-game vernacular) means you have to learn to play with very different characters each time, at least outside of the Legacy Characters you will be building up through multiple games.

I've gone through the first three campaigns these last few weeks and they've all been pretty different in the tactical and strategic layers, actually feeling kind of sad there are only two other ones left (though there are still procedural campaigns to touch). The writing is super solid and creates very memorable characters, I think I am even going to steal some of my Legacy characters and worldbuilding to use on my tabletop RPGs, because this stuff is just ace.

My only caveats with the game are that the combat maps do have a tendency to repeat and there isn't much variety in the music, but the rest of it is definitely top tier.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Hub Cat posted:

That got pulled from sale. You can only get the Raven Soft Wolf from third-party sites if at all.

Yeah, it's stuck in legal limbo because of Activision I believe. Heretic 2 is stuck because of a similar problem. Somehow Quake 4 escaped this but eh, it's Quake 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Rinkles posted:

BPM: Bullets Per Minute is $12 atm and fantastic if the coloring isn't inherently offensive

you can shift the hue and intensity, but it's always gonna be the weird monochromatic filter. whether that bugs people seems variable