Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Goofballs posted:

6) Get the double jump legs as soon as possible. They vastly increase your mobility.

20) If you're going to do the boxing quest you need gorilla arms. You'll have to put some points into the punching tree as well, not many. Maybe 6 or so. Heal on punch damage, stagger chance. The game is pretty generous with perk points and its not a big deal to throw some into skills you don't use that often.

Of the body weapon mods I found gorilla arms the most fun. The options are gorilla arms (punching), mantis blades (stabbing) monowire (kind of like a shiny whip) and rocker launcher. I never tried the rocker launcher. Monowire feels weak. Mantis blades didn't feel fast to me, especially compared to just using a katana. Gorilla arms were fine though.
First off, thanks for that post overall; I started working 80-hour weeks when about half-way into Cyberpunk 2077 so now I can get back to it with some more tips!

Second off though, are the double jump legs verified to be better than the high jump legs? I kept reloading and testing them against each other and I swore I got higher with the high jump legs overall. Might be personal preference, honestly, not sure.

Third off, why are the boxing side missions the hardest part of the game

I realize it is surely to reward people who actually went the unarmed route, but man, it was so confusing getting absolutely destroyed by a couple of punches when under normal game circumstances I can shrug off bullets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Unreal_One posted:

FF7 Remake

- If you press the charge button during Barret's recovery animation from his basic attack, Overcharge will recharge for free.

There has to be a better way to phrase that, though.

Also:

- At several points you get better or different awards based on how many sidequests you finish.
- Some chapters will have side/quests jobs available. Doing them all will unlock extra goodies/more cut-scenes down the line.

seem redundant to me; I think the top one is better since some cutscenes require completing chapters while skipping sidequests

- If you press the charge button during Barret's recovery animation from his basic attack, it will replace the recovery animation giving you the extra charge for free

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Dr. Quarex posted:

Second off though, are the double jump legs verified to be better than the high jump legs? I kept reloading and testing them against each other and I swore I got higher with the high jump legs overall. Might be personal preference, honestly, not sure.

If they aren't better they are certainly more satisfying. They also probably have more horizontal reach since it extends float time while moving through the air.

Goofballs posted:

No traps really. The crafting is not interesting.

1) Don't spend money on upgrading weapons. A mook is always going to drop a better weapon within the hour. By upgrading I mean go to the crafting menu and spending mats on upgrading the gear.

I actually really liked upgrading because it allows you to take any weapon you really like the feel and play of and make it as good as you want it to be (or at least can afford). I would say it's not a bad idea to wait until about 3/4 through the game, though, when the pickups can stop being so great. You should have a crapload of upgrade materials of all kinds by then. I've got a tech rifle that has hose little auto-tracking bullets and I liked it so much I basically made it a legendary item in terms of damage

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Took a shot at writing some tips for Chicory: A Colorful Tale after beating it.

- The accessibility settings have an option to set a uniform font if you're having issues with character specific ones.
- Holding down the paint/erase button will slowly fill/erase the space.
- Your brush will "catch" on thick borders so colouring in manually is easier.
- There's no mechanical reason to colour in the screens but doing so can cause NPC's to appear and compliment the job you did. It also makes the map much prettier.
- You can create a gif of a screens history from the start menu.
- Dialogue doesn't repeat, if you can talk to someone then it will be a unique line.
- No collectables or side quests are missable.
- Every collectable has some form of in-game hint feature to let you know the region it's hidden in.
- If you're missing a collectable and you're not getting anymore hints for it's location, it's a reward for a side quest.
- Most areas will have at least one collectable gated behind a power-up from later in the game, if you're aiming for 100% then you'll need to circle back at the end of the game.
- There's 20 art classes so if you're planning on completing them all, revisit the school after every chapter to prevent an end of game grind.
- You can continue playing after the credits.
- When given the option to pick your own objective, I'd recommend starting in the top left of the map and then going counter-clockwise.
- After the credits a new side quest will become available and NPCs will have unique dialogue.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I adjusted and expanded the page for Yakuza Kiwami 2 with a bunch of stuff:

quote:

General Tips

* Food is a very good source of early EXP, though you won't gain anything if your stomach is full. Certain upgrades and consumables let you eat more or empty your stomach faster.

* New abilities gained from secondary sources like skill books still need to be unlocked with EXP before they can be used.

* Wrecking up a store in a fight will make you temporarily unable to visit it, but they'll forgive you eventually.

* Taxis can be used to travel between Kamurocho and Sotenbori at will once you've been to both cities.

* The bonus Majima Saga unlocks in three parts, but even put together they're about the length of just one normal chapter, so it's best done all at once. Leaving it until after beating the game is not a bad idea.

* Selling items to Kamiyama the Weapons Merchant once he's unlocked increases his available stock which includes some extremely powerful gear. If you're loaded enough, you can buy and sell back his own stuff to quickly unlock everything. You can also buy some broken infinite-use weapons from him in Premium Adventure which make things like Bouncer missions and NG+ much easier.

* During Chapter 5 you unlock battles against Street Bosses of which a new one appears every 5 random enemy groups of various types you defeat (Delinquents/Thugs/Yakuza) in each city, up to 3 bosses for all six groups. Once defeated, Street Bosses can be recruited for the Clan Creator minigame from the same spot you fought them in. Beating all Street Bosses also unlocks the Triple Quickstep ability which is handy, but not really worth the time and effort except in a completionist run.

* If you're going for all substories, save at least one mahjong cheat item (Peerless Tile) for the "Against All Odds" substory. One can be found in the office one floor below Lullaby Mahjong in Kamurocho.

* The substory "An Ancient Rivalry" requires fighting a certain opponent in the Coliseum. You can identify him before entering a tournament (Tempest Tournament works) by his listed "Jujutsu" combat style. There are only two jujutsu fighers, so you can check and back off from the tournament in the menu until you see both of them on the opponent list which guarantees getting the correct one.

Combat Tips

* The standard charged-up punch (not kick) is very useful, letting you guard break or deal a big chunk of damage right to a standard combo.

* Some of the consumable drinks bought from vending machines give really useful (up to game-breakingly powerful) combat bonuses.

* Weapons can now be picked up and pocketed during fights, but only until the end of the fight. Unblockable weapons like katanas tend to be the most useful pickups as picking up everything quickly clogs up your inventory.

* Extreme Heat Mode which you can eventually learn from Komaki makes you unkillable for its duration and is often worth saving up Heat for. It also has some very strong Heat Actions, such as one activated after landing a standard kick.

Minigame Tips

* If you're the completionist type, it's better to wait until Haruka's requests open up before going hard on minigames as you might otherwise end up having to re-do some tough challenges (like clearing the bingo board in golf).

* The batting center minigame becomes infinitely easier with the Serene Bat, so save up for it first if you're gunning for the top-end prizes necessary for full skill completion.

* Cabaret Club management is for the most part unchanged from Yakuza 0, so see that page for specific help.

* Of the Toylet games, "The North Wind and the Sun... And Me" just requires a full bladder and holding down the button, but "Milky Nose" is trickier and is actually much easier if your bladder is only partially rather than completely full.

* Some advice for the '''Clan Creator''' minigame:
** Don't try to control everyone individually, it'll be a total mess. Find good spots for most of your guys and park them there, then have 2-3 offense guys as your mobile response squad. Line them up next to each other in the roster for easier selection.
** Ability-wise, prioritize global power boosts like Essence of Onslaught over positional attacks like Majima's Dragon Twister. Damage-boosting skills in general are great, arguably the most useful ability is Komaki's True Essence of Sprinting which increases both attack and movement speed. Komaki can be recruited after beating him in a Colosseum fight.
** If all else fails, the buyable DLC gives you a super strong roster right off the bat.
** Beating all optional missions is not required even for all achievements/trophies.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Fruits of the sea posted:

Anything for In Other Waters?

Currently wondering how important the secondary objectives are and if certain milestones in the plot need to be reached before tackling them.

Well here’s what I found out:

-Don’t click on the triangle navigation points until you want to navigate them. The color changes permanently. Some areas are pretty maze-like and it helps to be able to see areas that you haven’t explored yet.

-It’s not explained well but you can recharge oxygen and power by clicking and dragging samples on to them. The top number on a sample is the amount of oxygen it restores and the bottom number is for power. Save new unknown samples for research.

-Some areas can’t be navigated to until you clear an obstruction/make an obstruction with spores, other areas require plot items.

-Feel free to explore at any point, the point of no return is pretty obvious and the plot unlocks new areas. The first upgrade is needed to explore some locations.

-Each area has a recharge/spawn point that also unlocks a topological map. Worth finding it sooner rather than later.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Is anything on the Genshin Impact page out of date? I downloaded it on a whim and it's kinda rad as a phone game as I'm standing around waiting for water to boil or whatever.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Rockman Reserve posted:

Is anything on the Genshin Impact page out of date? I downloaded it on a whim and it's kinda rad as a phone game as I'm standing around waiting for water to boil or whatever.

It all checks out with the current version of the game too.

I’m writing up some tips for Library of Ruina, which is currently in early access only because Project Moon wants the full PC release to be simultaneous with the Xbox one:

- The game doesn’t start to give you really cohesive deckbuilding options until the Urban Legend tier. Not coincidentally this is also where the game starts to step up its encounter design.
- There’s no need to fully equip every floor you have access to. Move key pages and decks around as necessary for Abnormality suppressions and difficult guests.
- The first Abnormality Suppression for the Floor of Natural Sciences is unlocked a little early. It’s possible to do it when it unlocks but it’s not required until the next tier and will eat up a lot of time and attempts if you do it right away.
- If you’re about to lose a reception, you can get your books back by force-quitting the game with Alt+F4.
- You will always obtain at least one copy of any books required to progress the story from any reception other than a general reception.
- On that note, general receptions are accessible by throwing combinations of books together that don’t cause a red/plot invitation. They’re good and useful, and some of them have sets of cards you can’t get anywhere else. The game will tell you when general receptions become available.
- Abnormality Suppressions cost nothing to attempt. Feel free to go in blind, get a feel for how the Abnormality fights and adjust your strategy after taking a loss.
- Red abnormality pages are not bad, and in fact many of them are worth the downsides.
- On that note, since many abnormality pages only affect one of your librarians, there’s little use in building everyone on a floor to get benefits from one in particular.

I’m not finished with the game yet, though, so there may be some things that change here.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Anything for Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri or Terraria?

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Kanfy posted:

I adjusted and expanded the page for Yakuza Kiwami 2 with a bunch of stuff:

Perfect timing; I'm about to start Kiwami 2. Thank you!

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Anything for the following? Steam sale was good to me

Blue Revolver
Nova Drift
Project Starship X
The Void Rains Upon Her Heart

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Vadun posted:

Anything for the following? Steam sale was good to me

The Void Rains Upon Her Heart

I've been playing this as well for the past few days. In terms of the meta-progression (i.e. using tetrids to "radiate" monsters/cards) I would recommend prioritizing radiating monsters over powers. I feel like a decent amount of content is locked behind doing that and the more monsters you radiate the more options will open up in Quickplay mode, which will allow you to get more tetrids, etc.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Theotus posted:

Looks like the wiki has a bunch of useful stuff already. One thing for Alpha Centauri:

If you also have expansion pack Alien Crossfire, play the base game first. The expansion is more difficult to the point of being kinda unbalanced and it adds some story beats that make a lot more sense if you have already seen a win condition in the original game.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Anything for Lobotomy Corporation?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Theotus posted:

A lot has changed in terms of new difficulty levels but the entry for Terraria is still pretty bang on. You can go real easy with Journey difficulty for player/world and learn things that way.

Otherwise play Classic/Softcore for your character and try a Small Crimson world first. If you gently caress up your world or waste resources just spawn another and carry stuff over in your character's inventory.

I don't know if the game is more explicit in terms of what constitutes a "house" but it's relatively important to be able to make them. Check a Terraria wiki for "House" to be sure, try to avoid other spoilers early on.

Enjoy. Terraria is one of my favorites.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

and try a Small Crimson world first
Definitely disagree, Corruption is both easier and prettier.
Will he even have a choice? IIRC it's randomized on first playthrough, unless they changed it in recent version.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Pierzak posted:

Definitely disagree, Corruption is both easier and prettier.
Will he even have a choice? IIRC it's randomized on first playthrough, unless they changed it in recent version.
Re: spoiler I don't know but good point if true.

I think Crimson is slightly easier for newbies to learn just because Corruption spawns deep vertical pits that are tougher to pass over to skip the biome compared to Crimson's cave mouths. Those pits are also comparatively annoying if the meteor falls into them.

That said I do like Corruption better generally but then again I've been playing long enough that Crimson wasn't always in the cards.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Fruits of the sea posted:

Looks like the wiki has a bunch of useful stuff already. One thing for Alpha Centauri:

If you also have expansion pack Alien Crossfire, play the base game first. The expansion is more difficult to the point of being kinda unbalanced and it adds some story beats that make a lot more sense if you have already seen a win condition in the original game.

That's true. The aliens in the expansion are hilariously overpowered and also play differently from the normal factions, so that's a bad place to start. The other human factions in AX bring nothing new to the party.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Anything for Hellpoint?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Kennel posted:

Anything for Hellpoint?

-There are secrets everywhere. Look for messages and hidden walls - there is, in fact, one type of wall tile that often hides a secret.

-Just because you can go into an area doesn't mean you always should. It is very easy to sequence-break and get frustrated when you find yourself in a high-level zone.

-The clock in the upper left corner of your screen indicates when Things Happen in the zone you're in. When it hits the hour marked in orange, you want to be really careful.

-You don't upgrade your weapons themselves; instead, you spend currency on improving conductors that boots the weapon's parameters but can be switched from weapon to weapon. There are several types of conductors and they give different abilities.

-At the same time, you get better with weapons the more you use them, this also unlocks weapon abilities.

-The true final boss is hidden behind a fairly obscure sidequest; don't feel bad for looking it up.

-Magic is tied to weapons - you get new "spells" as you level the weapon in question up.

-You can walk on the outside of the space station for a short while before dying; in order to stay there longer, you will need to find and repair (or craft) a spacesuit.

-Get ready for some immmensely frustrating -and required- platforming.

-In some zones, there are well-hidden obelisks that transport you into a mirror dimension of sorts. Some items and bosses can only be found there.

-One of the in-game goals is to collect 100% data. This doesn't mean you need to collect every single message and entry - the game actually has more than 100%.

-There is a sidequest that, if finished, actually makes the final boss fight harder.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jun 26, 2021

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Anything for Phoenix Point? Surprised it isn't on the wiki. I've played quite a bit of X-COM but I'm afraid that I'll fall into traps because of that.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Anything for Caesar 3? I'm playing using the Augustus port.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Here is a rewritten page for Darksiders II. I think nowadays you can only get the Deathinitive Edition (:rimshot:), but I imagine everything but the last two tips also applies to the original release.

- After you complete the game you can use your save for New Game+. You keep your level, inventory and skills. Quests and collectibles are reset (but you keep their rewards). The level cap is raised from 22 and 30 and this new cap opens more of the Crucible (challenge arena). You can also pick a different difficulty at the start. It's ideal for a completionist run.
- Two early quests are collecting several items for the blind shaman and retrieving the smith's hammer from the Shattered Forge. There is a potential bug where completing the latter prevents you from finishing the former. So avoid the Shattered Forge early on. Basically, when you encounter a insect spawner for the first time, don't take the path to the North.
- Fighting and winning against Thane (the first move trainer) will unlock your Reaper Form. You can do this fight at any time, but learning his attack patterns and timely dodging are more important than your current level/gear.
- Buy dashing attacks for all weapons you use as soon as possible, they're easy to use and do great damage.
- None of the Wraith abilities suck outright and a skill respec is extremely cheap at Vulgrim's shop, so feel free to experiment. Try Murder of Crows (for ranged attacks, the gun is weak) and Harvest (for an area attack, you get crowded by lot of weak enemies fairly often).
- The Death Grip is not just for moving around in the world, it's also very useful in combat. For big enemies it pulls you close towards them, but for small/normal enemies it pulls THEM towards YOU and they'll fall down.
- Most items that merchants sell will be outclassed by Possessed weapons and loot you'll find. It's not until late game you'll want to buy certain items, so you can feed them to your Possessed weapons to increase in power.

Really understanding how Possessed weapons work requires a detailed guide. However the basics are this:
- Besides basic damage a Possessed weapon can have up to 4 additional stats. Sometimes it'll already have an additional stat when you find it.
- You can upgrade it up to 5 times by feeding it items. The amount of weapon experience you get is based on the rarity of the item.
- Once you've filled the experience bar you gain a level and you get up to 4 different choices: they either add a new stat to the weapon OR slightly increase a stat that was already on it.
- These 4 choices will be based on the additional stats of the items you fed to the weapon to upgrade. Maybe you fed it a dozen different additional stats, it will only give you 4 to choose from.
- If you want to guarantee a certain stat choice on level up, be picky about which items you use to upgrade.

- One weapon that is ridiculously effective is a secondary fast Possessed weapon with Critical Chance, Health On Crit, and Critical Damage. If you have a choice for a fourth slot then Strength or Ice Damage are good. You can also use this combination for a Possessed scythe.
- %Life Steal and %Wrath Steal effects on weapons are rare to find and it's worth to hold on to anything with those for potential Possessed weapons.
- Inferno, Ice and Lightning are stronger versions of Fire, Frost and Shock. Inferno is a burn effect that can hit other enemies, Ice will slow and potentially freeze non-bosses, Lightning is damage-over-time that can stun.
- Arbiter's Maze has a level 15 health leech scythe as the secret on floor 5. Just look up the solutions on the internet for maze directions, it's way easier than chasing down all the scrolls in the world.
- The 3 short campaigns that originally were DLC are gradually unlocked by completing parts of the main quest. You can access them on the main menu by selecting "additional campaigns". Enemies and bosses will scale to your current level, so they can be played whenever you want (even just before facing the final boss).
- There are also 4 armor+scythe DLC sets that are integrated into the Deathinitive Edition. You'll find the scythes in specific chests, but the armor sets require you to clear out certain areas of all enemies and destroy all pots/coffins/decorations before a chest will appear. You may need to look these up online.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jun 29, 2021

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Is there anything I should know about Loop Hero? Also kinda wondering specifically about the camp/base building part. Is layout for that important?

I noticed a few builds like the "unlock the Rogue class building" can only be built next to a Kitchen, and how Farms will grow gardens around them on empty tiles, I worried this is some kinda of meta thing I should be planning a head of time on or will just cause extra grinding later as I need to dismantle/rebuild stuff to fix things. Is there some kind of optimal setup I should know about.

Any other tips are welcomed too!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Nothing big that isn't already on the wiki, I don't think.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Im_Special posted:

Is there anything I should know about Loop Hero? Also kinda wondering specifically about the camp/base building part. Is layout for that important?

I noticed a few builds like the "unlock the Rogue class building" can only be built next to a Kitchen, and how Farms will grow gardens around them on empty tiles, I worried this is some kinda of meta thing I should be planning a head of time on or will just cause extra grinding later as I need to dismantle/rebuild stuff to fix things. Is there some kind of optimal setup I should know about.

There's a couple of weird building quirks but they don't matter that much in the long run. It is frustrating if you block the one building that needs to be next to kitchen or whatever but the scaling material costs mostly mean an early game dismantle of a village square does nothing imporant.

If you find yourself short of a material it can be worth looking up how you get it. There's one that accumulates from Fights with 4 or more monsters in. minor spoiler if people want to be super blind, but it's tricky to get enough to unlock the in-game info about it, IIRC.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Im_Special posted:

The developers admitted that the base camp was added basically as an afterthought, just to give something for players to do, no matter how shallow, in between runs. Exact placement hardly matters, buildings that unlock cards are good of course and the ones that unlock classes are the best just because they give you a new way to play.

Generally there are plenty of slots for buildings, and also you can always destroy a building if you need to put something else there, so I really wouldn't worry about placement. Maybe start by working in a certain direction so most of the area remains available.

Short answer: I wouldn't spend any time worrying about it. You'll probably be short of certain crucial resources eventually that aren't easy to get anyways, so plenty of space should remain.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

I adjusted the page for Arx Fatalis a bit and added a few new tips:

quote:

* Hold Shift to move item stacks, and press the "Use" key (F by default) on your inventory icon to open all your bags at once once you've found extras.

* Make sure to buy the Key Ring from the general store in Arx, it'll function as every key you use on it and saves you a lot of inventory shuffling.

* It's worth holding on to the first Pickaxe you find. In addition to excavating valuables from walls, one can be used to break down various environmental objects and obstacles. A Shovel is needed for one or two sidequests as well, but you don't need to lug one around all the time.

* There are no separate arrows, quivers simply go down in durability as you use a bow. Make sure to get them repaired on time if you're using bows actively.

* The Bless spell temporarily increases all your main attributes which can be exploited in multiple ways, such as equipping gear you don't normally have the stats for and to help with lockpicking attempts.

* There is no spell to open locks, so keeping up with your Technical skill is necessary if you want to open every locked door and container.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Anything I should know for Vagante?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm probably gonna do a proper dump/revision of Pathfinder: Kingmaker tips later, but for now...

- Don't dump Will, tons of early enemies love using fear effects.
- There are no dead skills. Don't worry about overlapping with your party. At worst, it gives you more flexibility for camping assignments.
- Hold onto any named/special magic items people give you.
- In fact, you might as well hold onto most weird named stuff, the weight is negligible and the money you'd get from selling them is chump change.
- Same with tools (ropes, shovels, etc.)
- Anything that says a merchant would want it is explicitly vendor trash, though.
- You can't make scrolls yourself, but you can buy most of the common ones in huge quantities once you get your barony.
- When you're first starting out, a huge stack of Cure Light Wounds scrolls is a more weight and cost-effective way to patch up between fights than potions.
- Don't try to cross the river to the South Narlmarches before the plot sends you there, there's a bug that'll make you miss an extremely useful party member.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 5, 2021

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Anything for Age of Wonders: Planetfall? The wiki is super light.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Added some tips for King's Bounty: Armored Princess (aka King's Bounty: Crossworlds):

quote:

* If you're playing the Crossworlds version as you probably are, make sure to pick the Orcs on the March campaign from the menu instead of the base Armored Princess one. It's the same overall campaign but with a whole bunch of extra content and overhauled mechanics for orcs and goblins.

* Burn and Poison have been reworked from the previous game to deal percentile damage, changing them from basically useless to one of the best ways to deal damage to large enemy stacks.

* Fast traveling between islands instantly replenishes your Mana (but empties your Rage).

* You get to pick your pet dragon at the start of the game, each of which gives a different passive bonus and starting skill. The blue one (+1 Initiative to Animals/Dragons) is the only one with a really irreplaceable effect, with the caveat that it obviously doesn't do anything without any of those. The green one (+1 Intellect, starts with Treasure Searcher) is nice for a Mage in particular since having Treasure Searcher from the start can net you some handy early loot.

* The new Medal system gives gameplay rewards for achieving certain milestones. An important one is the '''Grand Strategy''' medal which gives +200/500/1000 Leadership for winning 10/30/50 battles with zero casualties, something you should absolutely strive for in the early game where they're significant boosts to your army size. Summoned or revived units don't count, making them highly useful for flawless wins.

* Another good but kind of finicky Medal is the '''Trapper''' one which requires finishing off 10/50/100 stacks with the Trap spell and as a reward places 1/2/3 free traps on the battlefield and increase trap damage by 25%/50%/100%. This is a very useful effect especially for a Mage, but does requires conscious effort as the traps must land the killing blows to count.

* All classes should consider maxing out the Magic skill "Alchemy" before memorizing too many spells as it halves all learning Mana Crystal costs. Likewise the Mind skill "Neatness" gives more Mana Crystals when destroying items and is worth taking before breaking stuff.

* The quest from the Temple of Love located between Verona and Montero which requires you to defeat an enemy hero named Hagni on Montero should be done as soon as feasible, as it unlocks the ability to fly on the adventure map. Hagni's relatively tough, but a properly-built Mage for example can defeat her even while she's still classified as "Invincible".

* The exact unit summoned by Adventure Spells used on the adventure map depends on the island you're on, so save first and try different islands if you're hoping to hit some specific unit.

* In ''Orcs of the March'', orcish armies (particulary for the Warrior) or a droid-based setup with Engineers, Guard Droids and Repair Droids are both strong and reliable options.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jul 7, 2021

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Is there anything relevant for the Remaster of Demon's Souls that is dfifferent from the ps3 version tips on the wiki?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Anything for Evil Genius 2?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Evil Genius 2

Proviso : Some of these may be patched out.

Despite what the tutorial says, you don't need a vault at first. You can always hold like 40k and it can't be stolen by a super agent.
For an easy life, take your first henchman as a combat (orange) one. Will probably be Jubei. Just have them take out anyone who walks into your base.
Once you make a doomsday device or similar that involves a big shaft in your lair, you might have to send your mastermind to activate it at it's button to use it.
To unlock better research you'll need to progress the main story until you can do a side mission to unlock better researchers.
If traps get blown up, you need to manually replace them. See previous hint about just getting a combat henchman first.

EDIT : Also, don't get your hopes up. At release at least, there was no real cutscenes or pay off for progressing the storyline. But I never saw the end because bugs/boredom.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jul 8, 2021

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
Any suggestions for Rebel Galaxy Outlaw? Just got it in the PS5 sale and boy does this game just drop you into stuff without explanation.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Tylana posted:

Despite what the tutorial says, you don't need a vault at first. You can always hold like 40k and it can't be stolen by a super agent.

Hard disagree with this unless you mean within the first like five minutes, if you ever hit the money cap then you are just throwing the leftovers in the trash, and vaults aren't that expensive.

For other tips

- The layout of the casino at the front of your base can be altered, all of the maps allow you to put up a wall on one side and make the walk to your base far longer through narrow corridors, which causes agents to be drawn into distraction objects much easier due to their proximity. It's an easy way to stretch it out til you unlock slot machines and can make a maze.

- Have a lot more training items than you need, so you can pump out replacements when pawns die or get sent off on missions.

- There's nothing stopping you from putting a room just big enough to fill a pawn's needs right next to their work area.

- Radio repeaters don't actually have to be staffed to work.

- Most character side quests require several iterations to complete.

- Minion Lockers and the vault do not need to he interacted with by minions other than to build them, so put them in the most remote section of your base.

- Avoid the Asian zone unless you have to because the agent that lives there, Symmetra, is a pain in the rear end. IIRC Africa is the safest.

- Many staffed objects have an option on their menu to restrict it to only higher level trained minions. This is most useful for the camera security desk since muscle minions don't do a lot.

- Red Alert will cause the enemy agents to sprint to your base, if you have to kill them for some reason and they are taking forever in the casino.

- The minions cap is 200.

- There's a lot of downtime in the game as you let plates spin. Use the double speed option a lot.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 9, 2021

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

CuddleCryptid posted:

Hard disagree with this unless you mean within the first like five minutes, if you ever hit the money cap then you are just throwing the leftovers in the trash, and vaults aren't that expensive.

For other tips

- The layout of the casino at the front of your base can be altered, all of the maps allow you to put up a wall on one side and make the walk to your base far longer through narrow corridors, which causes agents to be drawn into distraction objects much easier due to their proximity. It's an easy way to stretch it out til you unlock slot machines and can make a maze.

- Have a lot more training items than you need, so you can pump out replacements when pawns die or get sent off on missions.

- There's nothing stopping you from putting a room just big enough to fill a pawn's needs right next to their work area.

- Radio repeaters don't actually have to be staffed to work.

- Most character side quests require several iterations to complete.

- Minion Lockers and the vault do not need to he interacted with by minions other than to build them, so put them in the most remote section of your base.

- Avoid the Asian zone unless you have to because the agent that lives there, Symmetra, is a pain in the rear end. IIRC Africa is the safest.

- Many staffed objects have an option on their menu to restrict it to only higher level trained minions. This is most useful for the camera security desk since muscle minions don't do a lot.

- Red Alert will cause the enemy agents to sprint to your base, if you have to kill them for some reason and they are taking forever in the casino.

- The minions cap is 200.

- There's a lot of downtime in the game as you let plates spin. Use the double speed option a lot.

I think I hit multiple hours before I ever needed more than 40k (or whatever the no-vault cap is) for anything. And the best ways of getting money are the long trickles of cash missions on the world map so it's all about cash flow and not about storage. Also, most of the time you are putting down plans for building that far outstrip your current money, so again it just flows in and straight out again. But, it's mostly relevant if you have trouble with someone who is stealing from your vaults but aren't in a position to stop them yet.

Also it's not the cost of making the vault, it's the cost of the space. Either way, I stand by it as a tip, as it doesn't tell you to not build a vault, just that you don't need to for a while if it's in the way or causing you grief.

I would also add, actually

- Rooms don't need walls. (though various items do.)

I don't know if the patches made it so just replacing all corridors with lines of lockers instead is still handy or if salaries kill you.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Thanks for the tips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

I've just started Scarlet Nexus. Any tips?