Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

open your window

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

release tjhe birds

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Really could use some bird news or something

where are the birds

welcome to the rest of your life, coach

OrangéJéllo
Aug 31, 2001

The Saucer Hovers posted:

welcome to the rest of your life, coach

:okboomer: look at this poor sufferer of linear time, the birds skip upon the surface and dive through the streams while you stare at your feet and wonder where all the songs are coming from.

Dick Ripple
May 19, 2021
I think Carl Sagan was right in saying no one is coming to save us from ourselves. I see a lot of that hope in this thread, even those that joke about it. We have been butchering, raping, and doing just about every horrible thing imaginable to eachother probably since forever and no one has stepped in and said to knock it off. Whatever it is buzzing around out there does not give two fucks about us...

With that in mind, I would also like to share my experiences with these UAPs with the point being I do believe they exist and am just as interested and hopeful about their existence. Both occur in Northern Michigan sometime in the mid to late 90s. The first I saw some orb like above the tree line one early evening, probably a 2 or 3 miles away. It moved back and forth across the tree line and a normal speed, so I thought it was a helicopter but what was strange the colours on it changed at random intervals. After a few more minutes of it just floating around it shot straight up into the sky at an incredible speed. Freaked me out... The second incident was late at night and clear stary sky above. However in that clear sky were dozens of different colored (red, green, blue...) *stars* all moving around in random patterns, I yelled out to my Mom and brother and they came outside to check it out as well, my older brother freaked out a bit which in turn caused me to further freak out. My Mom then made us get on our knees and start praying, because obviously it was a sign from God.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Inspector Hound posted:

July 8 is the Roswell crash anniversary lol

Roswell Wikipedia

My grandpa installed a satellite dish for the son of the guy whose ranch where it crashed. He says a ranch hand found it, described the metal to air force investigators, and then was given a brand new pickup truck to leave town

For what it's worth, this story has also been floating around for a good while. At the very least, that he absolutely got a new truck and left town immediately is absolutely confirmed.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Also, people sharing their stories here is really drat cool.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
dear gubmint

provide me with one (1) new personal ground transport and I, too, will shut up about birds

(i will neve rshut up about birds)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Protagonist posted:

dear gubmint

provide me with one (1) new personal ground transport and I, too, will shut up about birds

Gonna need a fully tricked out Mini Cooper clubman but yeah same

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

:blastback:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

:blaster::blastback:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

as you can see, birds use their anti gravity technology to effortlessly dodge bullets

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

just like neo in the ancient earth religious texts knows as the matrix

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

neo is a bird = people are birds = people are aliens

the matrix is a CIA op to stop the invasion

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Rah! posted:

as you can see, birds use their anti gravity technology to effortlessly dodge bullets

I am in discussion with my advisory committee on what the next step should be against the Birds:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Nichael posted:

I am in discussion with my advisory committee on what the next step should be against the Birds:

the entire state of delaware wants to know: is chris c**ns a bird???

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

The Protagonist posted:

dear gubmint

give me a hovercraft thats reverse engineered from bird tech.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Jazerus posted:

the entire state of delaware wants to know: is chris c**ns a bird???

worse, he is a democrat

jesus christ, it's a bird

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Oh hell yes and then you don't tell the kid there's an alien in there

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

emfive's doll collection getting weird

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:birddrugs:

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
gray: and so the secret to gravity is th-
me, playing with my hair: omg hahah you are SO funny

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

:stoked:

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I cleaned this one up a bit more than usual cos it's annoying to read without formatting, but apparently it wasn't just F-14s getting disabled in the late 1970s. Also describes something ignoring the density of water well before that was "mainstream" knowledge afaik

NUFORC posted:

Occurred : 6/15/1977 03:00
Reported: 9/29/1999 15:51

I was on watch above the bridge port side when a bright red,orange-round object came out of the sky & approached our ship. The starboard watch saw it at the same time. Then 2 more of the objects appeared we contacted the bridge & CIC to report 3 contacts. All hell seemed to break loose, the ship went dead in the water,all power,including radar&sonar was lost. The 3 objects formed a triangle over our position after performing amazing aerodynamic feats across the sky. The ships officers were panicking & myself & the other lookout were trying to keep cic informed of their positions for what seemed like 10 - 20 min. Weather conditions were clear & seas calm as glass no clouds.

The panic on the bridge got worse by the min. as no one could figure why the ships systems and engines weren't operable. At the end of the encounter the objects formed a triangle appx. 200 yards directly above our position then all 3 objects came together to form 1 bright orange circle and dissappeared as quickly as it had appeared. Within seconds the ship regained full power and all systems came online. Hours later we had another encounter but this time with a surface contact travelling appx. 70 miles an hour and frequently submerging without slowing at all. We were never able to visually see this contact and it finally dived to the deapths of the atlantic and disappeared off our sonar and radar screen.

The next morning we were assembled on deck and ordered to forget everything we saw.The explanation we were given was we saw an experimental Russian helicopter. No helicopter could have done what we witnessed. After the encounter our ship experianced severe moral problems. The objects appeared to be about 15 or 20 feet across and appx.10 ft.in height. The way they maneuvered from horizon to horizon across the sky in a split second and could completely change direction without slowing or circling was beyond our known technology as well as the Russians.

Probably a hypercormorant

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 60 minutes!
I'm increasingly believing that UFO encounters are more common than we have been lead to believe. The reports we do have are only a fraction of the actual encounters.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I think a lot of people have seen or experienced weird poo poo and just shut up about it because they didn't want anyone to think they were crazy.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

bedpan posted:

I'm increasingly believing that UFO encounters are more common than we have been lead to believe. The reports we do have are only a fraction of the actual encounters.

I agree completely, but if that's the case I am confused why more people aren't making noise now that it's admitted at the highest level. I suppose if I'd seen something and been made fun of for years the extent of my response might be "yeah, no poo poo"

it's not like there's any actual answers at this point

WEH has issued a correction as of 20:36 on Jul 7, 2021

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

WEH posted:

I agree completely, but if that's the case I am confused why more people aren't making noise now that it's admitted at the highest level. I suppose if I'd seen something and been made fun of for years the extent of my response might be "yeah, no poo poo"

i think the pool of people who have seen weird lights in the sky is very broad, but most of the folks who had closer encounters have already felt compelled to disclose it at least anonymously despite the stigma. personally i have definitely seen the classic "three orange lights which make sharp turns" thing a couple of times, but who knows whether it was birds

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

WEH posted:

Family and friends might still think they're nuts.

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

WEH posted:

I cleaned this one up a bit more than usual cos it's annoying to read without formatting, but apparently it wasn't just F-14s getting disabled in the late 1970s. Also describes something ignoring the density of water well before that was "mainstream" knowledge afaik

I'm intrigued by how many stories also have ships voltroning together into giant glowing spheres
That seems to repeat a lot too and is not something popular culture has really chomped onto anywhere that I can think of

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

WEH posted:

You can't even mention the documented reality of our neverending pandemic without being asked to seek treatment. Our society is resistant to anything outside the norms of current discourse/narrative.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

WEH posted:

lol literally the Puerto Rico uap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

space chandeliers posted:

You can't even mention the documented reality of our neverending pandemic without being asked to seek treatment. Our society is resistant to anything outside the norms of current discourse/narrative.

See if I go down that road I end up wondering if we're being conditioned to accept being turned into nutrient slop or something

Seriously though, looking at it through the scope of the pandemic does clear things up I think

Google Butt posted:

lol literally the Puerto Rico uap

it's all been real forever lmao