Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I don't care too much about Diamante---there are probably a handful of other Dark women wrestlers I'd have given the opportunity first---but this, however, is damning

Really, really need to boost the women's division here. WWE's own women's division is the worst it has ever been in terms of booking/gimmicks/storylines and yet they still manage to give them multiple matches on shows and PPVs. Impact has done a fantastic job for their women---they even had a woman as their world champion. Zero excuse for AEW to keep dragging their feet here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shida is collecting Harry Potter merch and is too busy to be on TV, sorry nerds.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

This is awesome.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DLC Inc posted:

I don't care too much about Diamante---there are probably a handful of other Dark women wrestlers I'd have given the opportunity first---but this, however, is damning

Really, really need to boost the women's division here. WWE's own women's division is the worst it has ever been in terms of booking/gimmicks/storylines and yet they still manage to give them multiple matches on shows and PPVs. Impact has done a fantastic job for their women---they even had a woman as their world champion. Zero excuse for AEW to keep dragging their feet here.

Dynamite had more women's wrestling in one show than Smackdown had for 3 weeks a couple of months ago, so, no.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jonny Nox posted:

Wasn't sure how to phrase it.

Dark's been give indie guys jobs for 14 months.
Elevation is fixing to be what Dark used to be and Dark is becoming something else.

Hey Drakkel, how's it going today?

lol when you said youtube shows I thought you were talking about the vlogs

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't know why Abadon is on that list when they're clearly more focused on building Kris back up and Bunny right now.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Need more random women’s trios matches so we can check the box.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
AEW's problem is that they have so many people who could be the big stars but only two hours of TV time a week. I mean the shows a crammed and rushed as it is.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chikara had zero problems doing intergender trios matches, don't be scared TK.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Need more random women’s trios matches so we can check the box.

I do hope we can get this on Rampage as I do love random trios.

A few months ago there were complaints there weren't enough angles or promos for the women, they just got the one match a week, and the last few weeks we've had more promos and angles and then we see complaints "why is Jade just getting promos but not doing anything." It's so weird.

coconono posted:

Chikara had zero problems doing intergender trios matches, don't be scared TK.

AEW definitely needs to follow in the footsteps of Mike Quackenbush and Tessa Blanchard, per this page.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

I do hope we can get this on Rampage as I do love random trios.

A few months ago there were complaints there weren't enough angles or promos for the women, they just got the one match a week, and the last few weeks we've had more promos and angles and then we see complaints "why is Jade just getting promos but not doing anything." It's so weird.

AEW definitely needs to follow in the footsteps of Mike Quackenbush and Tessa Blanchard, per this page.

we need more Jade workout vids.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

DLC Inc posted:

WWE's own women's division is the worst it has ever been

I don't watch WWE but this simply cannot be true.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sign Diamante for her impeccably timed gun cocking during her intro :hai:

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Pretty interesting, I didn't realize Moxley was gone for so long after getting bonked. I'm willing to give Shida a lot more slack considering that.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Yeah but he came right back into the title scene, not squashing jobbers on dark.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You can criticize AEW's women's division for some things but as the post on the last page showed, it's been 180 days since Abadon was on Dynamite and I think they should be praised for that.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

coconono posted:

we need more Jade workout vids.

Don't make she less interesting than she is already.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

A talking coyote posted:

Yeah but he came right back into the title scene, not squashing jobbers on dark.

His first match when he came back was a 4 minute squash against Nick Comoroto

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

You can criticize AEW's women's division for some things but as the post on the last page showed, it's been 180 days since Abadon was on Dynamite and I think they should be praised for thar.

haha

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MJeff posted:

You can criticize AEW's women's division for some things but as the post on the last page showed, it's been 180 days since Abadon was on Dynamite and I think they should be praised for thar.

you can go to hell with that opinion

Guillermus posted:

Don't make she less interesting than she is already.

and I don't even know what this means but you can eat satan's rear end too.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

Yeah like... The attitude era exists.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Pylons posted:

His first match when he came back was a 4 minute squash against Nick Comoroto

Oh sorry he had one squash match on dynamite before going right back to the title scene.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mr. Squishy posted:

If you approach it from the angle of how much talent they're wasting, maybe.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

coconono posted:

and I don't even know what this means but you can eat satan's rear end too.

Eating rear end is cool and good :q:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I can't tell who's arguing in bad faith anymore

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jon moxley was blatantly cheated out of his title so he got another run at omega, champions should not otherwise be put right back into the title scene after losing the belt, that's stupid and how you end up with endless WWE feuds

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Guillermus posted:

Eating rear end is cool and good :q:

it's a generational troll

Penguin Patrol posted:

I also didn't mean for my Dark GDT last night to take over as the main thread, but the old one is closed now. I do kind of like the idea of a single weekly GDT for Elevation & Dark that just hangs around as a discussion thread until the next week. potentially separated if they end up feeling like distinctly different shows.

i think dark and elevation threads should be separate

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

RealFoxy posted:

I can't tell who's arguing in bad faith anymore

just avoid this thread the day before Dynamite

most other days, too

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
THATB

hopefully it works this time.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Big Tone books according to ratings since you gotta give the people what they want - and baby, they want more Cody entrance

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Remove all wrestling from AEW, just give me nonstop 24 hour footage of JR watching Godzilla vs Kong

Thanks

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

IcePhoenix posted:

you could do what I do and just not read the thread until after you watch

i usually dont watch the vlogs until thursday night

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope the new touring arrangement makes Cody come down from the heavens

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

drat that sammy vlog was great.

I also didn't mean for my Dark GDT last night to take over as the main thread, but the old one is closed now.

Don't worry, I'm closing that one after Dynamite, too. :v:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Until I get my Dark Order number, I'm never giving another AEW thing my email :mad:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AllEliteFare/status/1412833052133318657

In women's division news, apparently the tag match last week did over a million viewers.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/AllEliteFare/status/1412833052133318657

In women's division news, apparently the tag match last week did over a million viewers.

Not sure if this is the trainwreck factor wrestling segments get every once in awhile or news the fans love how AEW Is booking the women's division and they should continue. Probably the latter.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it would be funny if these issues that everyone has with wrestlers not showing up were just the wrestlers getting lots of time off thing that has always been a popular idea, but it turned out everybody really hates the idea in practice. it would be funny if that's what it was. that's all i'm saying. i'm not saying th

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sign fuego you fucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

sign fuego you fucks