Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I forget whether it was Klobb or Gillibrand, but I remember the time when they were near dropping out of the race and somebody leaked a whole bunch of stories of how they were apparently a nightmare abusive boss who got in screaming matches with their staffers and like threw phones at them and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

vyelkin posted:

I forget whether it was Klobb or Gillibrand, but I remember the time when they were near dropping out of the race and somebody leaked a whole bunch of stories of how they were apparently a nightmare abusive boss who got in screaming matches with their staffers and like threw phones at them and poo poo.

Salad comb

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

vyelkin posted:

that was Klobb. She'd throw staplers at the heads of her staffers, allegedly

there was also that insane story about how she'd eat pasta with a comb

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The story which everyone was too cowardly to put their name to was that Klobb forced a staffer to shave her legs while in a moving car

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

The story which everyone was too cowardly to put their name to was that Klobb forced a staffer to shave her legs while in a moving car

thats psycho poo poo goddamn

e: i also like how the ambiguous pronoun use in this post means it can be read two different horrifying ways

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Andrew Yang's PR guy stopping him from doing a whip it on camera

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

lol just remembered how trump is a big fan of cats & phantom of the opera

can't stop thinking about president of these united states donald j trump sitting down in a broadway theater to see cats, just an incredible image on its own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXN8xxCxA5s

imagining sitting next to Trump in a theater and he whisper-sings all the songs along with the actors

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

that was Klobb. She'd throw staplers at the heads of her staffers, allegedly

idk what’s wrong with people that they put up with this. they weren’t raised right. my mother would be so ashamed of me if I let someone get away with treating me like this. unless they get a $1k bonus for every time they’re thrown at wtf are they dealing with it for

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

indigi posted:

idk what’s wrong with people that they put up with this. they weren’t raised right. my mother would be so ashamed of me if I let someone get away with treating me like this. unless they get a $1k bonus for every time they’re thrown at wtf are they dealing with it for

they want to be throwing the stapler one day

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

indigi posted:

the staffer system doesn't get talked about enough for how crazy it is. the level where it's a normal part of the day to have a stapler whipped at you is actually a few steps up the ladder, believe it or not.

they all are young people who paid their dues with a string of unpaid "internships" during college, basically moving to some random location and working 70-80 hour weeks for some candidate you've never heard of, and doing that every summer. they'll probably be sleeping at some random local activist's house too, unless their parents can afford to bankroll an apartment for them.

the ones most able to put up with that bullshit will get a paid job on a campaign somewhere, still working 70-80 hours a week but this time with at least some compensation. no job security though, because if your candidate loses, you definitely won't have a job after the election. if they win, well, you might get a spot

then if you do a real good job there, you might get the chance to have Klob wing a stapler at your head. those are senate staffers.

it's considered a rather plum job, as staffer jobs go, because if you can put up with that, there's then a chance that you'll get a crack at a senior staffer job, and that's where things like "job stability" or "a living wage" actually become possible. getting that on your resume opens up a lot of doors

so by the time you're diving behind a desk as office supplies get flung about, you've already spent years trying to work up to that spot, and there's hundreds of other bright-eyed little sociopaths eager to take a swingline to the dome for democracy who will replace you in a heartbeat

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

oh they can replace me but I will be collecting dirt to blast on Fox News the second it’s least convenient for you. unless it’s a dude then he’s probably just getting rocked on site

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

lol at fox not already being aware of that or having people who will talk on the record. klob being an abusive boss was the worst kept secret in minnesota politics, but no one on either side of the aisle wants to put the other side on blast for that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

oh I wouldn’t just bring an anecdote, I’d have recordings and internal communications and hacked emails and everything. probably fabricate some stuff too. can’t go off half cocked

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

oh I mean that too. it wouldn't matter. there's something of a gentleman's agreement with partisan media to not talk about this kind of thing. newsmax or oann would probably run it though

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

indigi posted:

oh I wouldn’t just bring an anecdote, I’d have recordings and internal communications and hacked emails and everything. probably fabricate some stuff too. can’t go off half cocked

this is cute considering a presidential candidate could literally rape you and it wouldn't hurt their chances (might even help)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Azathoth posted:

oh I mean that too. it wouldn't matter. there's something of a gentleman's agreement with partisan media to not talk about this kind of thing. newsmax or oann would probably run it though

Wikileaks too. Glenn Greenwald would probably be happy to put a Democrat on blast

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

indigi posted:

Wikileaks too. Glenn Greenwald would probably be happy to put a Democrat on blast

lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
these days the type of person who becomes a democratic senate staffer (i.e. someone on the end of many years of unpaid internships and low-paid positions populated entirely by true-believer lanyards) is the type of person who would never, ever, not in their wildest dreams, consider talking to glenn greenwald

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

man my dad sure could drive a car

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the whole stormy daniels thing lmao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Shrecknet posted:

man my dad sure could drive a car

ladies and gentlemen, Dominic Toretto

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Feldegast42 posted:

The government he tried to overthrow is currently defending him in his sexual harrassment and assault cases

using the argument that when he slandered his victims he was acting in his capacity as the president and therefore immune from prosecution

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Lib and let die posted:

you...do gotta hand it to 'im?
Under no circumstances.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
The Castor and Vindman ordeal.

Publicly trashing a purple heart recipient over the impeachment of John Donald "I don't want to use the word 'screwed', but I screwed him" Trump :lmao:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i like soldiers that arent captured

lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=541Cg2Jnb8s

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

not only is the guy cheney shot and apologized for getting shot still alive, he still has 30+ shotgun pellets lodged in his body from that same incident

Phylactery?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Ann Coulter said Trump was "doing a standard retard"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSYw0vJ6WhQ

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf was a trendsetter in 1996

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Abdul-Rauf

Wikipedia posted:

Abdul-Rauf is perhaps best known for the controversy created when he refused to stand for "The Star-Spangled Banner" before games,[44] stating that the flag was a symbol of oppression and that the United States had a long history of tyranny.[45] On March 12, 1996, the NBA suspended Abdul-Rauf for his refusal to stand, costing Abdul-Rauf $31,707 per missed game.[46] Two days later, he worked out a compromise with the league, whereby he would stand during the playing of the national anthem but could close his eyes and look downward. He usually silently recited Islamic prayer during this time for those who are suffering from all walks of life and ethnic backgrounds.[47]

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

94 as of today. Go with what works I guess

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just remembered the Richard littlejohn book where the reverse racist black lady villain wanks herself off on a bust of Karl Marx

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
the klobuchar vore comic

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

zegermans posted:

the klobuchar vore comic

you cant just drop this and not link

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Excelzior posted:

you cant just drop this and not link

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

never seen the part where ivanka is being sexily dissolved before. good poo poo

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
gggn!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

babypolis posted:

never seen the part where ivanka is being sexily dissolved before. good poo poo

huh, I never noticed either

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

babypolis posted:

sexily dissolved

:cursed:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
It's like in Heavy Metal when the lady gets killed by the taxi cab disintegrator but instead of steadily progressing through the layers of her body it stops after he clothes are gone for a disproportionate amount of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

lol remember this manufacturing consent-ing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTmJT3E1O1E

https://www.cfr.org/news-releases/wargame-iraq-shows-how-highest-levels-us-government-prepare-war posted:

In a special event, MSNBC presents "Wargame: Iraq," an inside look at how the National Security Council might advise the President on a decision to attack Iraq. "Wargame: Iraq," airing Monday, November 25, 10:00p.m.-12:00a.m. ET, is a dramatic account of simulated meetings of the National Security Council, enacted by veterans of past administrations and experts in foreign policy, as they decide the terms for going to war.

The purpose of the wargame is to educate the public on the considerations and complexities in making decisions on war and peace. To achieve that educational purpose in a two-hour program, events and discussions were necessarily condensed and speeded-up.

NBC News and experts from the nonpartisan Council on Foreign Relations collaborated to create a scenario based upon current circumstances. The scenario begins with United Nations weapons inspectors on the ground in Baghdad, 50,000 U.S. troops in the region, and a declaration by Saddam Hussein that he does not possess weapons of mass destruction. The United States has ambiguous information to the contrary. In two separate sessions, the mock Council must cope with a series of increasingly difficult fictional developments in Iraq and around the world, and at each turn decide: What are the President’s options? Is Iraq in material breach of its obligations to the United Nations? And should the President proceed with military action?

i wish i could find the full video