Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
In the last several days I spent money replacing the locks on my house, the brakes on my car, and getting my refrigerator serviced.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
gently caress summer. 94° and humid Pennsylvania weather is the pits. AC in the car can barely keep up so I got some tint for the old warhorse...

Ceramic tint is supposed to help keep things a lot cooler inside no matter how dark you go. I went with the 20% because it looks bad rear end 😎

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I finally said gently caress it and dropped the money on the One Wheel. Already got a helm from mtn bike days so wish me luck. Ought to be fun.

Thanks gordon for calling me out. If I gently caress my arm and can't cook I'm going to bitch at you in the cooking thread.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sterster posted:

I finally said gently caress it and dropped the money on the One Wheel. Already got a helm from mtn bike days so wish me luck. Ought to be fun.

Thanks gordon for calling me out. If I gently caress my arm and can't cook I'm going to bitch at you in the cooking thread.

Awesome! I'm going to be breaking my arm vicariously through you.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Bought my boss's used Sony A7s ii with only 3200 shutter actuations since it was mainly used for video. Then a new Sigma lens that should arrive today. Mainly going to use it for more work but also better photo/video of my toddler growing up. I just hate cell phone video with its variable framerate.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

gently caress summer. 94° and humid Pennsylvania weather is the pits. AC in the car can barely keep up so I got some tint for the old warhorse...

Ceramic tint is supposed to help keep things a lot cooler inside no matter how dark you go. I went with the 20% because it looks bad rear end 😎

Ironically, I lucked out and missed the heat wave in PA by being in the desert of Wyoming and Utah. My wife said it’s been hellish.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Upgrade posted:

Pre-1968 Saarinen for Knoll tulip chair

My buddy has four chairs like these with orange pads and a matching round table and after looking up how pricey they are I really want to know if they're genuine. He got them dirt cheap at a yard sale and has had them for years.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Got the PMDG DC-6 module for Flight Simulator 2020.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Some new shoes

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I don't think I posted when I bought these back in March or so, but I'm on a road trip now and they're amazing. Turn on noise cancelling and I hear literally nothing but music. No road noise, not my mom or her husband talking, or even her music from her phone on speaker. And they sound great as well. And as a final bonus despite being Razer, they're extremely understated, not gamer-y at all

Photo from XDA, somehow I don't have my own

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I don't think I posted when I bought these back in March or so, but I'm on a road trip now and they're amazing. Turn on noise cancelling and I hear literally nothing but music. No road noise, not my mom or her husband talking, or even her music from her phone on speaker. And they sound great as well. And as a final bonus despite being Razer, they're extremely understated, not gamer-y at all

Photo from XDA, somehow I don't have my own

What up, my headphone-buying picture-stealing fellow poster.

I picked up a preowned pair of Bowers & Wilkins P7 for the headphone collection.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Picked up an old Vox Mini 3 amp at goodwill for $15, the battery terminal is corroded to poo poo but I plugged it in and it works perfectly.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Finally got here!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I bought a Remarkable 2 and expensed it so I guess my company bought it. I focus much more when I physically write everything down and some folks in my company use one. It's very cool but a hell of a price tag that is kinda hard to justify.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Tim Whatley posted:

I bought a Remarkable 2 and expensed it so I guess my company bought it. I focus much more when I physically write everything down and some folks in my company use one. It's very cool but a hell of a price tag that is kinda hard to justify.

This is awesome. I used to think e-ink would be in everything, that phones and stuff would all use it and have super long lasting batteries and poo poo...how wrong I was.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

LifeSunDeath posted:

This is awesome. I used to think e-ink would be in everything, that phones and stuff would all use it and have super long lasting batteries and poo poo...how wrong I was.

I had a phone that used e-ink... in the keys. It had a weird two-way hinge so it could open vertically and be used like a regular flip-phone, or horizontally and be used for texting/typing. The keys would display different things depending on flip orientation.

I thought it was the neatest thing on the market, at the time. Now I can't even remember its name.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Tim Whatley posted:

I bought one of these last month. Even paid extra for the eraser (lmao). It's been the most exciting/enjoyable gadget I've gotten in a long time. Love it a an e-reader, and the note-taking is really really responsive with no noticeable delay.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Tim Whatley posted:

I wish it could do 8 basic colors for notes.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Coredump posted:

It really is expensive, and the competing tablets are more expensive. but drat, it stays on and just ready to write on for 2 weeks on battery. I really want one now lol.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Got a USB-C to 4x USB hub because my computer is all cockeyed below my desk from cables that aren't long enough, plus to better manage all the stupid flight sim peripherals I have and to get my BT dongle higher up and not as shadowed.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Coredump posted:

Color e-ink is a thing now It's mind-blowing. I personally think it's not quite snappy enough yet, but I was looking at the boox. Here's a review of both that I looked at when considering.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

Coffee And Pie posted:

Picked up an old Vox Mini 3 amp at goodwill for $15, the battery terminal is corroded to poo poo but I plugged it in and it works perfectly.

Nice. Shouldn't be too hard to clean up the terminal and replace it if necessary.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

El Mero Mero posted:

I bought one of these last month. Even paid extra for the eraser (lmao). It's been the most exciting/enjoyable gadget I've gotten in a long time. Love it a an e-reader, and the note-taking is really really responsive with no noticeable delay.

Yeah I got the eraser pen too. I'm really enjoying my first few days of work with it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

El Mero Mero posted:

really really responsive with no noticeable delay.

This is great to hear, because my problem with the first Remarkable was the latency when writing or drawing. I use an iPad with the Pencil 2 and GoodNotes now, but when the R2 comes down in price I might switch over. I really liked the feel of writing on the Remarkable, and the pen tips I’ve tried are close but not quite right.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Subjunctive posted:

This is great to hear, because my problem with the first Remarkable was the latency when writing or drawing. I use an iPad with the Pencil 2 and GoodNotes now, but when the R2 comes down in price I might switch over. I really liked the feel of writing on the Remarkable, and the pen tips I’ve tried are close but not quite right.

Yeah, this dude did some tests and it's really in a category of its own with respect to writing latency.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

El Mero Mero posted:

Yeah, this dude did some tests and it's really in a category of its own with respect to writing latency.

This is very exciting!

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I tortured myself all week last week trying to decide if I wanted a RM2 and decided against it before reading the last few posts. drat it.

Worked out nicely though. I found my dream stereo receiver at my local record store at a good price, and I snagged it. Wouldn't have had the funds to make it happen if I had bought the Remarkable.

I also ordered $150 worth (5 total notebooks) of Tomoe River notebooks as a consolation prize.

https://odysseynotebooks.com/

LooksLikeABabyRat has a new favorite as of 06:20 on Jul 7, 2021

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I bought a psvr. Almost went to taco bell too, but I'm trying to cut back on the fast food.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I bought a psvr. Almost went to taco bell too, but I'm trying to cut back on the fast food.

Really helps that Taco Bell got rid of everything good on their menu last year. Don’t feel any more cravings to eat there anymore

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Try Ghost Giant, I do a few roles in it.

Not played because it's a psvr game but I hear it's real sad.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Jokes on you, I won a PSVR from Taco Bell.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I tortured myself all week last week trying to decide if I wanted a RM2 and decided against it before reading the last few posts. drat it.

Worked out nicely though. I found my dream stereo receiver at my local record store at a good price, and I snagged it. Wouldn't have had the funds to make it happen if I had bought the Remarkable.

I also ordered $150 worth (5 total notebooks) of Tomoe River notebooks as a consolation prize.

https://odysseynotebooks.com/

I never buy nice notebooks (which these most certainly are) because I never want to write in them and wreck them

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

skooma512 posted:

I never buy nice notebooks (which these most certainly are) because I never want to write in them and wreck them

I just decided I wanted to buy and ruin nice notebooks for $150 than pay $650 for the remarkable. A comparative bargain!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Just got 3 cheesy gordita crunches because they still sell the best thing, the cheesy gordita crunch.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I had a phone that used e-ink... in the keys. It had a weird two-way hinge so it could open vertically and be used like a regular flip-phone, or horizontally and be used for texting/typing. The keys would display different things depending on flip orientation.

I thought it was the neatest thing on the market, at the time. Now I can't even remember its name.

The Samsung Alias 2!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_U750_Alias_2

Friend had one and I was always intensely jealous because man, what a neat idea. Even though I already had a HTC G2 at the time that was way more capable, that whole dual flip design is rad.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Didn't buy it myself, wife bought it for me because she owns

Also, jealous of that Marantz

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I mainly customize the 5 later beefy burrito, cept I swap the beef for chicken and remove everything but the cheese, and get it grilled. It's basically like a big grilled folded soft taco/quesadilla.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

drat, I really need a Teddy butt sticker now

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

ReidRansom posted:

I bought lamps and some feed-n-wax for it and it looks amazing now.

Unfortunately the vellum between the faceplate and the lamps is worn to poo poo and I couldn't find any locally, so I'm going to have to replace it later when my order arrives.

Here's an in-progress pic from yesterday. That yellow strip of paper used to be white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockwork automaton
May 2, 2007

You've probably never heard of them.

Fun Shoe

ReidRansom posted:

Didn't buy it myself, wife bought it for me because she owns

I bought this too. So excited for it to arrive.