Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

In lieu of security, they should just have Miro patrol aimlessly around ringside and stare at people. :stare:

BBT probably wants a non-lethal deterrent to keep people out of the ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Tweak posted:

Clearly anyone who might jump the line ahead of Hangman would be obviously filler destined to lose, but I think Christian of all people would be the most... wasteful? Pointless? Not only that but in character if he was offered the spot I feel like after a long promo insinuating he would kick Kenny’s rear end, he’d say he didnt out work Hangman- and that’s who deserves it right now.

They can fight after Kenny loses to Hangman for, I dont know, the TNA belt.

Yeah, that’s just the first thing I thought of since I don’t think Hangman is going to be the defense at Fight for the Fallen that Kenny mentioned he didn’t have any worthy challengers for.

Anyway, looked like Cash rolled his ankle at the end of the trios match, anyone seen any status update on him?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lid posted:

Random thoughts on dynamite: boy does QT and the Factory feel dead in the water and congrats to Ethan Page for rendering Scorpio Sky entirely obsolete

hopefully there will be some sort of elevation level story where the factory grads realize qt is a big stinky loser and that associating with him gets loser juice on them so they kick him down the ladder until qt is aew's omega jobber, suddenly finding himself giving fuego del sol his first singles win and full time aew contract.

cause otherwise ya comorato and solow and drat esp ogogo are just absolute geeks w no momentum.

but ya that was an incredible dynamite and goodness gracious i like pro wrestling, im glad its back on the road

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Yeah, that’s just the first thing I thought of since I don’t think Hangman is going to be the defense at Fight for the Fallen that Kenny mentioned he didn’t have any worthy challengers for.

It does seem too soon (Hangman v Omega / Hangman winning the title has to be for a PPV, right?), so it is curious he would have a challenger at all before Hangman. Could those maniacs actually book a 60 minute broadway for TV? Or a loss so heavily fill with shenanigans that TK himself demands a rematch at All Out?

edit: there is no way Hangman loses in such a way that this story & Kenny's reign goes beyond this Fall

Tweak fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jul 8, 2021

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shard posted:

I stopped watching WWE back in 2010 when I got rid of cable and only looking back do I realize for about 5 years before that I really just watched it out of habit. And the things that drove me away from WWE only became more of a focus on their show. I honestly thought I would never enjoy a weekly wrestling show again.
From several pages ago but I'm with you 100%. Outside of Summer of Punk, Daniel Bryan's run leading up to WM30 and that brief period in 2016 when SmackDown was actually good, I haven't felt this enthusiastic about wrestling on a weekly basis since the thick of the Monday Night Wars.

God bless AEW for being what it is and God bless Vince McMahon for having a brain made out of cornmeal

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Not that I’m looking forward to 4 Jericho singles matches, hope they bring Cobb back in as one of the opponents to continue to echo he Moxley trials MJF explicitly called out.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Not that I’m looking forward to 4 Jericho singles matches, hope they bring Cobb back in as one of the opponents to continue to echo he Moxley trials MJF explicitly called out.

They should definitely bring someone in like Cobb was in this situation, but I don't think it should be Cobb.

It should be Suzuki.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Oh, some fan rushed the ring to try and attack MJF? :lol:

This wasn't good of course, but Jesus Christ is MJF good at what he does

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Nick Jr. Face posted:

From several pages ago but I'm with you 100%. Outside of Summer of Punk, Daniel Bryan's run leading up to WM30 and that brief period in 2016 when SmackDown was actually good, I haven't felt this enthusiastic about wrestling on a weekly basis since the thick of the Monday Night Wars.

God bless AEW for being what it is and God bless Vince McMahon for having a brain made out of cornmeal

wait til they bring Bryan Danielson into AEW :kheldragar:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I would be worried about Darby v Ethan but given he survived this I think he's invincible

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1412934411474067461

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

TOMMY loving END

I haven't finished the show yet (watching Fite on replay in between actual work) but holy loving poo poo, even the QT Marshall match was good. And if the main event is a barn burner I guess I'm in for a real treat.

Pylons posted:

They should definitely bring someone in like Cobb was in this situation, but I don't think it should be Cobb.

It should be Suzuki.

Japan still has a 2-week quarantine on return even for citizens even if they're vaccinated, so unless Suzuki is 'written out' (however you want to phrase it) from NJPW for the time being, I don't think we're getting KAZE NI NARE. I would love to be wrong! And I don't think Cobb's current status and angle would allow for him to go to the States and do AEW/NJPW Strong either, though I may be wrong about that as well!

MorningMoon posted:

In my head, it's LUCHA BROS beat yb in a hair vs mask match. Hardy offers his services to the Elite, for a steep fee, since he always liked teaming with them and hates hangman and do. The plan is to help in both matches, but the tag match becomes war. Mox and Eddie square off with good brothers. Kaz kills Cutler. Robo beats up Kaz. Ten and Wheeler run in but pp are there. And th2. Silver, Reynolds and five. Butcher blade and hardy vs colt Stu and uno. Finally, the faces gain the upper hand when hangman gets involved. Lucha bros manage to win clean. Hangman is a bit banged up, but everyone else is practically dead. No run ins for the aew belt, just Kenny and Adam.

you can run Bucks vs Lucha Bros Hair vs. Mask without the belts at All Out, I think the Bucks drop them to PNP at Fyter Fest or something similar in the summer. PNP then take Part II of their feud with FTR to being for the titles either at All Out or around this fall.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dynathoughts

Fuse: lit. Boom: brought.

Oh poo poo that is a crowd.

1) Cody Rhodes vs QT Marshall. Cody in his Homelander gear because it was the 4th of July recently. Wait, QT doesn't get an intro? That's lovely. We start off hot with Cody diving to the outside which pops the crowd, but everything pops the crowd tonight. This is a Cody match. Well worked, decently wrestled, largely of significance only to Cody. They lose the crowd a little halfway through, and then... blackout? This crowd now sound bored. HELL of a nice powerbomb from QT. Wow, they have lost this audience. Cody hulks up as he gets strapped. Of course. Cody wins clean. Please let that be the end of this feud.

Spears interviewed. He gets donked with a chair.

Kenny out for an interview and he is douching it up bigstyle. Synergy is when an AEW crowd can taunt Don Callis with an Impact angle. They do so well leading the crowd to the Hangman chant. Dark Order come out to a huge pop. Uno's drip is insanely good. Bangkok gag is a good one. Beat down on Uno until Hangmin comes out to save his friends.

Oh poo poo. Hangman on the apron. The crowd are dying for it... and KENNY runs!

Darby Allin and Ethan Page interviewed. Dobby is quiet, but this is really good. The emotion here feels honest. Ethan Page, by the way, is really loving good.

2) FTR and Wardlow vs P&P and Jake Hager. HOT start with Santana and Harwood. God, I have missed big match Proud & Powerful. Hager is over with the crowd and I think he's got better. Santana is SUCH a babyface. Wardlow proves his value by breaking up a pin AND kicking the poo poo out of a guy in the same movement. Wardlow & Hager and the crowd eat it up. I want P&P to win and Hager to lose, is that possible? Cheat finish but it advances the feud. Konnan gets taken out postmatch. Cool.

Moxley defends the IWGP US title on Dynamite next week against Karl Anderson? Cool! Was this announced before now?

MJF heads out for a face to face with Jericho MJF is so good at this. MJF sets matches up for Jericho before he gets to face him. Which is great AND makes MJF look chickenshit. MJF sets up an obvious trap. Jericho reverses it. Perfectly fine.

Bored MMA guys in the crowd.

Britt interviewed. Decent.

3) Matt Sydal vs Andrade El Idolo. Oh, I love Andrade's mask. This is a decent but slow paced match. Andrade wrestling in suit pants really works and adds to the tranquil. When Andrade starts stringing things together people start responding. Decent match, but people will need to know Andrade in AEW more to respond to him. They want to cheer him right now.

Matt Hardy and Christian Cage package.

Arn interviewed, lights go out. It's Tommy End, it's not Tommy End, we don't know who it is, it's Malachi Black. Cody has a new opponent. Sure. Excalibur, stop knowing things in advance. Why can't he just be Tommy End?

Earlier today, Starks segment. Great jacket. This is weirdly cut. Starks announces his intention to gently caress Cage's wife.

4) Blade and Bunny vs Cassidy and Kris Stat. This is the boring version of a mixed tag. Except Cassidy does weak kicks on Bunny? Blade and Cassidy have a rager to start with. Kris Stat starts off with some serious offense on the bunny. Nice strikes, GREAT power. We had a point near the end where it sincerely looked like we were going to get Stat v Blade, and that would be a hell of a match. Nice thwarted shenanigans at the end. Fun match.

Jungle Boy gets a trophy for winning 50 matches.

Toney interviews a bunch of mma fighters. Okay. Some old fart cuts a promo. A bad promo. I am bored. Lance Archer becomes the biggest face in the business by beating him up. As a non mma fan this was boring.

Yaaay, Yuka is on next week.

5) Eddie Kingston and Penta vs the Young Bucks. Matt giving his bandana to Michael Nakazawa in the crowd is great. Lots of creative garbage spots here. Involuntary vasectomies all round. Jesus, Penta, that table spot was gruesome. This match is such a superb first big crowd main event. So much going on. Nick 450ing the ref was great. Cementing the fact that Kingston and Penta should have won makes the ending inevitable but oh well.

Good first touring show. Some stuff needs tightening up but this gives me hope for touring Dynamite.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I was sure someone was going to attack Jungle Boy during that "Trophy Presentation" photo shoot

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

harperdc posted:

Japan still has a 2-week quarantine on return even for citizens even if they're vaccinated, so unless Suzuki is 'written out' (however you want to phrase it) from NJPW for the time being, I don't think we're getting KAZE NI NARE. I would love to be wrong!

Suzuki-Gun has enough high profile guys at the moment that you could send him off for a break. Make it a working holiday where he also records a bunch of Strong and stretches all the LA Dojo young lions, then let him do Bloodsport.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So how many people is this in AEW wrestling with one or both weird contact lenses now?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

So how many people is this in AEW wrestling with one or both weird contact lenses now?

One less than before if Ryzin isn't coming on the road with them :(

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lid posted:

I would be worried about Darby v Ethan but given he survived this I think he's invincible

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1412934411474067461

i like how with a Darby bump you gotta be like "well, crashing really hard into the guard rail probably helped him a bit here"

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
looking at the schedule, seems like we'll get the Jericho VS MJF blowoff at All Out, i'm just dreading having to watch so much Jericho wrestling over the next 2 months. he looks like he's getting in better shape lately, so maybe he wants to go out on a high note and show people some poo poo, idk

MJF didn't specify anything really about the opponents other than they'd be "of his choosing", i imagine we'll get Spears and Wardlow, but really curious about the other 2, probably one surprising in house talent and then maybe a one-off *fRoM yoUr pAsT*

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/mikeyrukus/status/1412999122236416002?s=21

Rukus talking about how he came up with Andrade’s theme

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Queen poo poo

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Still laughing at "real men don't quit, they get fired!"

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Lamuella posted:

Suzuki-Gun has enough high profile guys at the moment that you could send him off for a break. Make it a working holiday where he also records a bunch of Strong and stretches all the LA Dojo young lions, then let him do Bloodsport.

G1's not happening in its usual summer window either. I would definitely tune in to Strong to see Suzuki stretch the LA Dojo kids.

they need to have this happen so we capitalize on these rabid returning fans* for a god-level KAZE NI NARE

*this might just be Normal Miami in fairness

Crapple! posted:

Still laughing at "real men don't quit, they get fired!"

I missed full arena crowds for pops but also for making GBS threads on heels doing promos. it's been too long.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Great crowd last night!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What if Ruby Riott shows up in AEW?

I had an idea that came to me in a dream. She appears as Ruby Ratt and had the band RATT play Round and Round live every week for her entrance and victory music.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

I'm not a monster, it's just a mask.

MJeff posted:

btw, according to his Instagram video, the LORE OF THE BLACK is

- He spent the last 5 years in a mental hospital.
- His eye got hurt in a fight with another patient named MATTHEW. :v:

lol I feel like this lore seems kinda lame but I guess it could go interesting places.
The name Malakai Black really doesn't work for me tho, altho I was never a big fan of Tommy End as a name either.
Glad to see him tho he's loving awesome and is gonna tear the house down hopefully, just a shame he's gonna feud with Cody who I still find boring as gently caress.
Only seen that clip so I'll need to watch the full show later on but it's rlly cool to see a massive pop in wrestling again

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

BANGKOK

That roster is nuts. 2nd show and trios title need to happen yesterday.

Lucha Bros should get the titles after Fenix gets the return pop. Let them drop to PNP down the line.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

One of the most incredible things about AEW right now in terms of talent is that if you were told to put together a show for next week only featuring wrestlers not pictured on TV this week it would be absurdly easy.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I'm kinda bummed that the Factory story seemingly has 0 give-and-take or resolution, tbh. The Codyverse continues to be its own weird, disconnected part of AEW.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I was pumped for QT's push initially because of how great he was heeling it up on Sammy's vlog but this Cody feud has been one-long burial of QT and the Factory lol.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Lamuella posted:

One of the most incredible things about AEW right now in terms of talent is that if you were told to put together a show for next week only featuring wrestlers not pictured on TV this week it would be absurdly easy.

Week 6 of asking Coward Tony to put the Acclaimed back on Dynamite.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Malakai Black is getting sent right back to developmental, and will become the factorys secret weapon.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

At this point I just want Solow and Comoroto to feud with a face team that's nothing to do with Cody and try to get the stench off them

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Was hoping the thread title would be AEW Discussion is legitimate cowboy shiznit but I guess this one is good too. The sick blood money burn, the came as they were jorts and the ridiculously amazing heel promo by Dan Lambert were all worth the price of admission!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kill the messenger

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm very excited for everyone being convinced that Cody will job to Malachi Black only to be baffled when he goes over

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

one thing's for sure. makalaki black is on the same level as first time pro wrestler anthony ogogo

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Rarity posted:

I'm very excited for everyone being convinced that Cody will job to Malachi Black only to be baffled when he goes over

i will be happy either way :]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This picture someone got is loving great.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lamuella posted:

Arn interviewed, lights go out. It's Tommy End, it's not Tommy End, we don't know who it is, it's Malachi Black. Cody has a new opponent. Sure. Excalibur, stop knowing things in advance. Why can't he just be Tommy End?

He released a tiny short film revealing the new name earlier in the day yesterday, so in this case it'd make perfect sense for Excalibur to know about the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lamuella posted:

At this point I just want Solow and Comoroto to feud with a face team that's nothing to do with Cody and try to get the stench off them

yeah, i feel for Comoroto in this whole thing

i mean, Ogogo did knock Cody's block off on Dynamite, that was cool, but i'll be glad when everyone moves on. have The Factory terrorize the mid card, i wanna see Comoroto dunking BPJ in a toilet