Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Alhazred posted:

The Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution is fun but buggy as poo poo. When the two mirelurk hunters spawned the game crashed, in the Corvega plant one raider got stuck in the elevator doors, during the scavenger raid scavengers kept phasing in and out of existence until I went to the upper deck and finally MacCready would repeat the same line over and over until the ship chrashed in the building.

This is not vanilla, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It is. I've never encountered a quest that was so buggy.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Alhazred posted:

The quest totally glitched out for me too and I was really disappointed when I found out how cool the ending was.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I just installed Fallout 4 on an NVMe drive with zero mods and my load times are super long. Anyone know how I might be able to speed the load times?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Alhazred posted:

Weird, I never had a problem with this quest.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I just installed Fallout 4 on an NVMe drive with zero mods and my load times are super long. Anyone know how I might be able to speed the load times?

Playing in Borderless Fullscreen helps but your best bet is uncapping your FPS because load times are tied to that.

Change iPresentInterval=1 to 0 in the Fallout4Prefs.ini or in the Fallout4Custom.ini

However, this being a Creation Engine game, FPS above 70 or so cause the physics to go wonky so your best bet is to get an ENB and use the FPS enable/disable hotkeys during loading screens and leaving the ini settings as is.

There was a mod for this but it's been a while since I bothered with FO4.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Sensenmann posted:

Playing in Borderless Fullscreen helps but your best bet is uncapping your FPS because load times are tied to that.

Wait what

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Danaru posted:

Wait what

As dumb as it sounds.

There is a mod that uncaps FPS during load screens and recaps it during menus and gameplay, and seems to prevent loader crashes as well.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao like three minutes into the latest FO4YOLO and a pants-making GBS threads moment already. I don't know if MATN will die of heart failure before his character dies.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Observations

1. They have a skeleton on a plow this time, they're evolving
2. This lady on the radio should talk less
3. They're really gonna milk that license for "Civilization" eh

Should I craft armor and such or just wait for drops?

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

Should I craft armor and such or just wait for drops?
Unless it's to complete a quest, you're best just sticking with drops and saving up materials to repair any armor/weapons you find that seem good.

Unless they changed the system with Wastelanders, weapons/armor have level requirements so the drops that unlock at Level 10, 20, etc. are strictly better than the stuff you can find now (but those early game items never leave the loot pool, so level 500 players still get random drops similar to what you're finding now).

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Borderless window caused my FPS to drop to 12 (from a steady 72 in fullscreen)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao like three minutes into the latest FO4YOLO and a pants-making GBS threads moment already. I don't know if MATN will die of heart failure before his character dies.

Best part is if he hadn't stopped to disarm that mine, it would've landed on it and killed him

Better to get slapped on the rear end by a ghoul, I imagine

Favorite comment from that event was

quote:

Jon: It's irritating that they don't die in two hits
Ghoul: I know, right?
:allears: So many fun goofy ways to play that completely change the experience

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Steel Reign patch notes.
https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/64ch36shf2Q9rpGsosrDN8/fallout-76-update-notes-july-7-2021

Maintenance still going on.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

quote:

General: Weapons with Area of Effect damage now take the proper amount of condition damage.

Does this mean that my vampire explosive shotgun no longer loses condition rapidly?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
It should. It did on the PTS but you never know what they add before pushing the build out the door.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
It's live.

Note to self: Season 5 start at level 943.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Already finished all the dailies except the NW one, which I'm about to do now.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Me before I tried out the shredder minigun build: "Ugh, another resilient DO" :emo:

Me after I tried out the shredder minigun build: "HAHAHAHA RUN FROM ME COWARDS!" :unsmigghh:

Killed the final boss in something like 4 seconds.

Taerkar fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 7, 2021

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
I think the best change is the Nuka collectron now collecting most, maybe all, flavors.

Oh, and West Tek being instanced. Totally forgot that was a thing. Level 100 muties all over the place. Perfect place to farm for SCORE. ;)

Speaking of which, weeklies are bugged and auto complete for most people.

What a surprise...

Anyways, Beth knows about it.

One of the CMs posted this.

quote:

Hey, thanks for the sticky thread! We are definitely aware and want to make sure everyone is able to get all of the S.C.O.R.E. they would have earned if these Weeklies had been available this week.

To do that, we're going to double all of the S.C.O.R.E. rewards from Daily Challenges this weekend: July 8 - 12. We're also going to add extra Weekly Challenges for everyone, and double the S.C.O.R.E. rewards for your Weekly Challenges next Tuesday when Challenges normally roll over.

Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you all for the quick reports!

We'll see.

And I got my first Overeaters PA part. Even 1 piece makes one hell of a difference. Don't like that I also got a PA piece that removes rads, that's cool for full health but for low health it's rear end.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh, I got a legendary core for doing daily ops, but where is it supposed to be in the inventory? Can't find the drat thing.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Check the currency tab

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Legendary cores show up in misc, had to check.

How is the new questline? I only logged into get the dailies done today, I will prob checkout the questline tomorrow. Is it long/short? Unlock any special vendors that are time sensitive?

I also had a quad railway rifle I'm trying out, I like that the ammo only takes steel.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 8, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah. I noticed them under Misc when I was in nuclear winter. No idea why they showed up in the inventory there, I was just looking to set down a turret.

E: I'm saving the last quest for tomorrow, but it seems like it's in the 2.5-3 hour window to finish the new storyline. It's interesting.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jul 8, 2021

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

How is FO 76 these days? I tried the beta and it was not good, but Bethesda has at least worked on it continuously. Has it improved, is it fun and playable? Or only worth it if you're already invested?

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

How is FO 76 these days? I tried the beta and it was not good, but Bethesda has at least worked on it continuously. Has it improved, is it fun and playable? Or only worth it if you're already invested?
The community that remains will tell you it's good/better now, and if you were on the borderline of enjoying it during the beta you might actually like it now.

However, there are still a lot of fundamental issues with the game that have existed since release, including things like the UI, survival-lite aspects, and general glitches/bugs. I refunded the game a week after it's initial release, but when the game transitioned to Steam it showed up in my Steam library and I've tried to get into it a couple times. The early game still feels like a real slog as you start with no SPECIAL stats or perks, and there also didn't seem to be any kind of real endgame to look forward to.

The game is available on Game Pass, so you could try it for free if you already have that, and they've also done Free Weekends for the game on Steam if you can wait for the next time they do one of those. But even for $10, or however cheap you can get it on sale now, I wouldn't recommend it.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

How is the new questline? I only logged into get the dailies done today, I will prob checkout the questline tomorrow. Is it long/short? Unlock any special vendors that are time sensitive?

It's good. The quests feels a bit longer and meatier than Steel Dawn, but that might be because I was reading all the terminals and notes too.
A lot of the choices made in Dawn carries over, but it's pretty obvious that some of them just leads to a single npc line changing. Although, a couple of them feels like they helped/hindered in some situations. I'm going to do the questline again today with my rear end in a top hat character to see if anything changes. Besides the usual skill and reputation checks, there's also a couple of other checks, mostly event-based.
Rewards spoilers: A very strong power fist with a unique skin (furious, +40% power attack damage, +1 str) (which is currently bugged and breaks on fast travel), a bunch of cosmetic outfits, a black version of the bungalow for your camp, a set hellcat power armour

Does anybody who played the PTS know how Minerva works? I've been running around the three major settlements looking for her, with no success.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Does anybody who played the PTS know how Minerva works? I've been running around the three major settlements looking for her, with no success.

Her rotation cycle always starts on mondays, so, next week. :)

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
West-Tek being instanced is my new favorite thing in this game as everything in there is high level, so all muties, for me, are level 100. That's thousands and thousands of XP each run and since they all respawn when you leave and reenter it's an endless cycle of farming. With lunchboxes, each run is in the 40k+ XP ball park for me and, since I need ~160 XP to level up just once it's a god send.

Not sure it will stay this way. If I were to pop drugs and buff up as I described in an earlier post I'd most likely be getting close to 1 level for each run.

Plus, the magazine on the table next to the room with the two chem benches and the bobblehead in the locked room respawn often as well.

It's hilarious.

Now for something completely different.

The inventory weight display is broken. It doesn't adjust in real time when you pick something up, scrap or drop poo poo. For it to display the correct amount again you need to do something that pulls you out of "normal" gameplay.

Use a workbench, take a nap, jump in the hot tub, something like that.

Also, legendary PA parts seem to be dropping left and right. I got a complete set of T-45 and Raider by just playing and murdering legendaries.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

That feel when a whole bunch of folks show up for a RR and then some helpful souls hit 100 ore with six minutes left on the clock. Oh but there were a lot of 'Thumbs Down' emotes :o:

I tried out a high-speed shredder minigun with Basher3 etc, yep that makes Resilient OPs somewhat less so :cool: A Vampire MG would just be the icing on the cake (and 90%weight reduction as well if your'e listening RNG gods)

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

90% weight reduction isn't necessary as you should have unused str points to stick into bear arms.

The build is rather light on necessary perks.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Although, a couple of them feels like they helped/hindered in some situations. I'm going to do the questline again today with my rear end in a top hat character to see if anything changes.

Finished Steel Reign with my shithead character and I realised that almost all of the minor choices from Steel Dawn matters more than the major ones. Both endings I've seen seems to imply that there's more rewards post-quest, but I haven't found any yet.
Don't waste 2500 caps during Supplying Demand, because it never comes up again and only changes the reward for the quest itself.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Taerkar posted:

90% weight reduction isn't necessary
Anything I can do to help manage my nearly-full stash I'll take.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Fair enough. Perks don't help with stash items.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I started offing items in my stash yesterday. I figured with the new crafting and for them being stuck in the stash for weeks. It's time to execute. Plus theirs a higher cap on the legendary vendor so might as well liquidate.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
God, pathing is still terrible on settlers. A bunch of them congregated in my tiny power armour warehouse, and then wouldn’t leave to sleep or go do their jobs or anything. I realised the tiny step up into the shed was throwing them, and now with one tiny stair down, they’ve all gone back to their routines. :cripes:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
The ending writing was laughably bad. The writing on the whole brotherhood updates was terrible, but this was just awful. Truly terrible stuff, even for a bethesda fallout game.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Started playing this cause it is on game pass. I have been playing a couple weeks. My normal play style for Fallout games has always been shotgun/sniper sneak person. I hit 45 and working through some of the Brotherhood quests and suddenly I feel completely underpowered plus constant ammo issues. Also I don't run with power armor cause it feels like getting power cores is an issue for me. Am I missing something or messing up with my perks since I have both shotgun and auto/semi rifle perks instead of focusing down on one?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

It's usually better to focus on one.

Fusion Cores are not as rare as you might think, especially if you grab one of the power plants and use the core manufacturer at the workshop there. If you do the ~10-15 minute event to get the powerplant operational you only need to fiddle with a power line to get the core producer to start working. They make a core every... 10 minutes I think, maybe quicker, but can only store up to 3 at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

TheJadedOne posted:

Started playing this cause it is on game pass. I have been playing a couple weeks. My normal play style for Fallout games has always been shotgun/sniper sneak person. I hit 45 and working through some of the Brotherhood quests and suddenly I feel completely underpowered plus constant ammo issues. Also I don't run with power armor cause it feels like getting power cores is an issue for me. Am I missing something or messing up with my perks since I have both shotgun and auto/semi rifle perks instead of focusing down on one?

Take a picture of your perks.