Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Cavauro posted:

one thing's for sure. makalaki black is on the same level as first time pro wrestler anthony ogogo

I legit think they pulled a trigger on Ogogo too soon, and that's why he felt like Cody food instead of a legit threat. He should've at least punched all of the Nightmare Family's tummies before trying to punch Cody's.

Their match honestly kinda owned, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope Malakai Black infects the rest of the locker room with Lore so like we start getting moody social media vignettes about the true struggle inside the heart of Alex Abrahantes or whomever

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

I hope Malakai Black infects the rest of the locker room with Lore so like we start getting moody social media vignettes about the true struggle inside the heart of Alex Abrahantes or whomever

what evil lurks in the heart of Alex Marvez?

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

The Bee posted:

I legit think they pulled a trigger on Ogogo too soon, and that's why he felt like Cody food instead of a legit threat. He should've at least punched all of the Nightmare Family's tummies before trying to punch Cody's.

That match did own and Ogogo looked great for someone still so new to wrestling. Should have ended with Ogogo draping Cody's lifeless body with the American flag though.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Pylons posted:

This picture someone got is loving great.

hell yea

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

smarxist posted:

what evil lurks in the heart of Alex Marvez?

Big Mommy Milkers

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pamela Springstein posted:

coward Andy deleted his Darby allin burn

Pretty harmless joke but I wonder if superfans being giant weirdos in his replies made him decide to just delete it and not deal with them

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

The Bee posted:

Didn't Ogogo just have another eye surgery? I have to imagine that his wrestling career is going to be put on hold for the short term

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

projecthalaxy posted:

Alex has severe attachment issues that lead to him joining whichever cult is going at the time. Whether it's a full on cult like the Dark Order, or a one man cult like Penta.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i really love the fancy suit game throughout AEW

pyf AEW suits, ill start

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm really impressed that Ethan Page has managed to turn my opinion on him around completely. Loved his promo with JR

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Kenny's reign still has so much mileage, he's not losing to Hangman until the end of the year. He'll have matches with Christian Cage and maybe Elite Hunter Kazarian.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
still laughing at "Real men don't quit, they get fired!"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

I'm really impressed that Ethan Page has managed to turn my opinion on him around completely. Loved his promo with JR

They have such a good dynamic. Even when this feud is over It's something they can bring back at any time and have it feel natural.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rarity posted:

Eth "it's not confidence" an Pa "it's all Ego" ge is the greatest.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Cavauro posted:

one thing's for sure. makalaki black is on the same level as first time pro wrestler anthony ogogo

In my opinion he’s not as good.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

quote:

They recapped a taped segment from earlier where Ricky Starks cut a promo on Brian Cage. Taz came out to shut it down, but then Cage came out and beat down Starks' security. This was oddly put together and difficult to recap.

Something tells me the most complex thing this recapper has ever seen is the MCU.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It was kinda oddly put together. I hope they'll dump the whole thing unedited on Elevation.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Kenny's reign still has so much mileage, he's not losing to Hangman until the end of the year. He'll have matches with Christian Cage and maybe Elite Hunter Kazarian.

They need to keep them separated a bit then, because the crowd is screaming in ecstasy for it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I was confused but I had forgotten that FTW match was set up. "FTW and the W means wife, your wife Brian" was a great line though.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Kenny putting impediments in Hangman's path would be a great story (if they weren't already doing it with MJF and Jericho)

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Hangman and Kenny is going to be an amazing match, the crowd is ridiculously hot for them already.

It was also nice to get some more Uno promo time, he has a really good voice and seeing him get to mess with Kenny a bit was very satisfying.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's going to be interesting seeing how many of these pandemic era storylines like the QT Factory get shed as they move forward. Obviously most Dark mainstays like Nemeth and his crew are pretty much mostly gone so are they dropping the Peter Avalon stuff wholesale? They really had no choice but it's crazy to think about how much effort was put into wrestlers who were (and are still) completely unsigned like video packages and original theme songs.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Mons Hubris posted:

In my opinion he’s not as good.

stinker

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
gently caress, even if you get past security, just go back and watch WCW segments where somebody makes it to the ring, there's at least one segment where the ref absolutely demolishes some idiot.

I remember Randy Savage doing it too, I think?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Andrade's entrance as Black Mask from Batman was pretty amazing

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

MorningMoon posted:

Half tempted to go to ALL OUT solely to hold up a "TOKYO MIRAGE SESSIONS #FE IS THE BEST ATLUS GAME" sign

I finally find someone else who played that game!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

gently caress, even if you get past security, just go back and watch WCW segments where somebody makes it to the ring, there's at least one segment where the ref absolutely demolishes some idiot.

Scott Hall famously kicked the poo poo out of some dude trying to run in on the NWO originally forming

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Lid posted:

I would be worried about Darby v Ethan but given he survived this I think he's invincible

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1412934411474067461

This was the first time I ever saw Darby Allin and this was the FIRST MOVE of the match. Everyone in La Boom thought he died.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Randy Savage and Zodiac at Halloween Havoc, Randy immediately bails with Zodiac to the outside and pays it no mind while the ref and security take care of business.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DeathChicken posted:

Andrade's entrance as Black Mask from Batman was pretty amazing

His new Vega from Street Fighter theme slaps, fix the goddam sound mixing Tony

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Saul Goode posted:

Something tells me the most complex thing this recapper has ever seen is the MCU.

It wasn't hard to follow at all, but it was kind of weird that it was presented as "Ricky Starks did this before the show, let's take a look". Did they just need to save on the time of not doing an entrance or something? Kind of a strange way to present a segment, but even presenting it in an odd way it was pretty easy to follow.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

smarxist posted:

looking at the schedule, seems like we'll get the Jericho VS MJF blowoff at All Out, i'm just dreading having to watch so much Jericho wrestling over the next 2 months. he looks like he's getting in better shape lately, so maybe he wants to go out on a high note and show people some poo poo, idk

MJF didn't specify anything really about the opponents other than they'd be "of his choosing", i imagine we'll get Spears and Wardlow, but really curious about the other 2, probably one surprising in house talent and then maybe a one-off *fRoM yoUr pAsT*

He's been good pretty much all year and his last Dynamite singles match was great.

Also good to see Tony feeling himself so much that he has Dan Lambert come on to be a stand in for Jim Cornette. I would have personally had Riho kick his rear end but Archer was acceptable.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Wish Wardlow had gotten more action in the trios match. Dude was fuckin clean in what action he did have.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Scarf posted:

Wish Wardlow had gotten more action in the trios match. Dude was fuckin clean in what action he did have.

i was surprised by both he and actually Jake in that match as well, they may have found the best way to use Jake (hot tags and house cleaning spots that end around 45 seconds when he tags out)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

smarxist posted:

i was surprised by both he and actually Jake in that match as well, they may have found the best way to use Jake (hot tags and house cleaning spots that end around 45 seconds when he tags out)

Jake has been sneaky good all year... because all of his matches have been with Wardlow.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Other than the MMA match (which just wasn't my style) I've been entirely happy with how Hager has been used this year. He's muscle, he does a big guy thing and gets out of the way, and his promo bits have been decent. He's very much a tool for one job, but I don't have a huge problem with the way he does that job.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

explosivo posted:

Obviously most Dark mainstays like Nemeth and his crew are pretty much mostly gone so are they dropping the Peter Avalon stuff wholesale? They really had no choice but it's crazy to think about how much effort was put into wrestlers who were (and are still) completely unsigned like video packages and original theme songs.

Is it obvious? Multiple Dark mainstays people assumed were done taped matches for Elevation, so I think we probably need to give it a few weeks before we get a sense of who is well and truly out.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Is it obvious? Multiple Dark mainstays people assumed were done taped matches for Elevation, so I think we probably need to give it a few weeks before we get a sense of who is well and truly out.

There are other elevation spoilers floating around that contradict the ones in the spoilers thread. I'm assuming a goon or two went to the show though 🤷‍♂️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

No, you're right. I meant to say that most of what we see on dark is unsigned wrestlers (in most cases) being used as enhancement talent. I am looking forward to these next few weeks as we do get a sense of who is sticking around and how AEW pivots when maybe they don't have an endless bucket of random jobbers to pick from to goose stats for title challengers and whatnot.