Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
Give america chavez her own movie >:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ilikedirt posted:

Give america chavez her own movie >:(
Anya got done so dirty too, her comic even had an interactive twitter account :(

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I think this was my favourite episode of any of the Disney+ shows so far.

Real chills at the end there from how awesome it was. Like, a Kirby era Loki at the end of time uses all his power to conjure a an illusory Asgard to distract an immense storm dragon so two other Lokis can enchant it and open the gate to confront...the master of the multiverse? When I say I want my comic book shows and TV to be comic book-y, that's what I mean!

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

was that ride of the valkyries in a uh low key

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Karma Tornado posted:

was that ride of the valkyries in a uh low key

Was heavily inspired by it at the very least.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
What a great episode and series in general. Please don’t let me down finale.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Was heavily inspired by it at the very least.

It sounded like it was going to be but then stopped short each time.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

This episode was great, I'm so pleasantly surprised with how consistent this show has been. Awesome, memorable music throughout, as well. I saw a melted helicarrier in the background at the end, but I have no idea what I'm looking for with regards to a Thanos copter

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It was a helicopter that literally had the word Thanos written on the side. was kinda hard to miss

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I loving lost it at Thanoscopter and my fiance was like "What?! What did I miss?!"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

site posted:

It was a helicopter that literally had the word Thanos written on the side. was kinda hard to miss

To be honest I missed Throg but when people mentioned him I remembered seeing something kind of hopping or bouncing around near a buried Mjolnir when the camera went past the layers of underground to the underground lair. Loved that shot because it felt like a Simpsons gag.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Lobok posted:

When I say I want my comic book shows and TV to be comic book-y, that's what I mean!

Yeah I like it when they lean into the inherent goofiness of the comics. They don't have to go too far but it always helps to have a touch of it in there.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi8hBBfz8SI

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Man, the RDJ impersonator needs to work on it. That doesn't sound lile him at all.

Now watch and it's RDJ and I am just a massive idiot

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I don't know if I'm happy or sad that Boseman lived long enough to record his part in this.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

Man, the RDJ impersonator needs to work on it. That doesn't sound lile him at all.

Given every other role is played by the MCU actors, I'm going to guess it is.

I don't see him listed on the IMDB cast list, but Google lists him as credited for Tony Stark. The only one missing that jumped out at me was Chris Evans.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 8, 2021

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is this like when the actual celebrity loses in a lookalike contest?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They already announced RDJ and Evans were in it, guys.

Anyway, was that Paul Rudd in one of the head jars from Futurama?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Looks real good imo

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I can imagine RDJ going "That was in 2006, 2007, right? I bet I sounded way younger back then." and then nobody has the confidence to tell him otherwise

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I hope they kept Seth Green on as Howard.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

theironjef posted:

I hope they kept Seth Green on as Howard.

I think he tweeted about doing the voice again.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Arist posted:

They already announced RDJ and Evans were in it, guys.

No, they didn't. Heavily rumored, but nothing official.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah they announced pretty much everyone except him is in it.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
That’s Jeffrey Wright as the Watcher ain’t it?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yep

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

bunnyofdoom posted:

Nah, I was right all along

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

huh. I can see why RDJ and Chris Evans could wouldn't be covered. Seems odd that benedict cumberbatch and brie larson aren't contractually obliged though Marvel would have locked them down.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

JoylessJester posted:

huh. I can see why RDJ and Chris Evans could wouldn't be covered. Seems odd that benedict cumberbatch and brie larson aren't contractually obliged though Marvel would have locked them down.

Uh, they were both much bigger stars when they first signed with Marvel than RDJ and Chris Evans were when they first signed. Larson was half of the way to a loving EGOT before she was cast.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jul 9, 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I imagine Evans and Downey is less their starpower at signing than their appearance contracts having run out by then.

RDJ was getting one off deals for his appearances the last few times.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

I imagine Evans and Downey is less their starpower at signing than their appearance contracts having run out by then.

I think they've both signaled, if not outright stated that they're more or less done with those characters and want to do other things.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

They haven't been part of animated stuff before so I'm not really surprised. Is the guy doing Iron Man the same one who did it for EMH?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Proteus Jones posted:

I think they've both signaled, if not outright stated that they're more or less done with those characters and want to do other things.

Evans gets very evasive when asked (every single interviewer seems to only care about him going back to the role) and he very clearly doesn't want to say "no" but he's clearly over it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Aphrodite posted:

RDJ was on single-movie contracts after Iron Man 3 (his original deal called for three Iron Man movies and one Avengers movie). That's how he was able to play hardball on Age of Ultron and get pay raises for the non-superstar members of the cast.

Dude got $15 million for appearing in Spider-Man: Homecoming for all of like twelve minutes.

Rhyno posted:

Evans gets very evasive when asked (every single interviewer seems to only care about him going back to the role) and he very clearly doesn't want to say "no" but he's clearly over it.

He's probably happy he doesn't have to wear increasingly doofy-looking hairpieces anymore. (Seriously, by the time of Civil War, his rug just looked silly.)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't think RDJ and Evans are totally necessary to the What If stories anyway. They carried the MCU until End Game, time to let new stars rise up (It's just too bad it's been derailed like two years because of COVID)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timby posted:

He's probably happy he doesn't have to wear increasingly doofy-looking hairpieces anymore. (Seriously, by the time of Civil War, his rug just looked silly.)

They sorted it out for Infinity War by going longer. It's harder to make a short cut wig look real. But on top of that he doesn't have to stay jacked all the time.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I know Killmonger has been shown in What If but with the Loki/Multiverse stuff going on and how lovely Shuri's actress has been recently, I'm down for Michael B Jordan taking up the mantle of Black Panther in the MCU.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RealFoxy posted:

I know Killmonger has been shown in What If but with the Loki/Multiverse stuff going on and how lovely Shuri's actress has been recently, I'm down for Michael B Jordan taking up the mantle of Black Panther in the MCU.

This is what I've been hoping for. That T'Challa got him to a cryo pod or something and they have no choice to revive him and maybe death had changed him and he wants to repent. Something, anything to get Jordan back in the picture.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Speculation for future Disney + Shows based on Black Widow
If Yelena is working for Val and she's being sent to kill Clint, I cannot help but think that she's going to be in Hawkeye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

twistedmentat posted:

Speculation for future Disney + Shows based on Black Widow
If Yelena is working for Val and she's being sent to kill Clint, I cannot help but think that she's going to be in Hawkeye

Pretty sure that it's already known she is