Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's time to embrace girls who being bad people. like texas of arknight, or riamu yumemi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

lol i just watched this episode yesterday

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Gonna get nuked harder than a magical girl boss fight

marumaru
May 20, 2013

wait what, there's going to be a new FMA manga or something apparently

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

marumaru posted:

wait what, there's going to be a new FMA manga or something apparently

Seriously? Source please

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
there is a new project incoming from the FMA mangaka. not quite the same

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Space Flower posted:

there is a new project incoming from the FMA mangaka. not quite the same

Ah, do we have any details yet?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

just this promo image with the announcement in text basically, arakawa new work in gangan etc

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did she finish Silver Spoon or Arslan?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Space Flower posted:

just this promo image with the announcement in text basically, arakawa new work in gangan etc

Looks interesting at least (I’m guessing some kind of fantasy setting by the looks of it). I assume we don’t have a title yet either?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sakurazuka posted:

Did she finish Silver Spoon or Arslan?

Silver spoon finished yeah.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/merumeruchann/status/1413163305003278336?s=19

Trying to become Japanese.

E: Also for someone who's living in Japan to become Japanese, his LLC is certainly registered in Texas

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

E: Also for someone who's living in Japan to become Japanese, his LLC is certainly registered in Texas

The Anime State. Keep Austin Yandere.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Space Flower posted:

Is gangan available in the states? Does the viz app carry it?

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleman_ posted:

He thinks he's turning Japanese. He really thinks so.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

"My business partner Hironori"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

Is gangan available in the states? Does the viz app carry it?

It’s the same magazine FMA ran in but I’m not sure if it was available in the west.

On that note, did Hiromu Arakawa do any other manga between FMA and this? And if so, are they any good?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Larryb posted:

It’s the same magazine FMA ran in but I’m not sure if it was available in the west.

On that note, did Hiromu Arakawa do any other manga between FMA and this? And if so, are they any good?
Silver Spoon, a manga about an agricultural school. It's pretty good but runs a bit too long I think, it starts spinning its wheels at a certain point.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Endorph posted:

Silver Spoon, a manga about an agricultural school. It's pretty good but runs a bit too long I think, it starts spinning its wheels at a certain point.

Fwiw I liked the first season of the anime (not sure if there's a second)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

Fwiw I liked the first season of the anime (not sure if there's a second)

2 seasons and a live action movie apparently. Not sure if it covers the whole manga though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's basically a split cour situation, and i enjoyed it a lot. though i feel like it stops pretty open ended

kater
Nov 16, 2010

its one of my favorite setups for a show like ever and its heartbreaking how much it just stops.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So does the anime cover the entire manga or does it stop early/make up its own ending like the original FMA anime did?

Also, how’s the 2014 movie?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The manga sadly also just kind of stops and it did sort of wind up souring my overall feelings on it honestly. The extenuating circumstances being what they were with Arakawa though make it pretty understandable.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

The manga sadly also just kind of stops and it did sort of wind up souring my overall feelings on it honestly. The extenuating circumstances being what they were with Arakawa though make it pretty understandable.

I hadn’t heard of this, what was going on with her at the time?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
She went on several extended hiatuses to deal with severe illnesses with both her husband and child and IIRC a death in the family. The release schedule also got really wonky where she submitted chapters and they were only published way later (I forget how it was relayed but she was apparently surprised by the announcement of the final chapter coming out in a "Wait, didn't I submit that months ago?" way).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah that sucks, well if she’s got a new manga in the works hopefully that means things in her life have stabilized a bit more now.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 8, 2021

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

rightstuf just shot themselves in the foot. I don't know how much the rest of you know about japanese streaming (im an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

anyone else wanna become japanese with me

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I don't understand how they could possibly be in negotiation to get some of the rights they have listed. They're exclusivity deals and you can't break those, not without breaching contracts, causing massive loss of trust and possibly paying huge penalty fees.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So I just learned there’s apparently a Resident Evil anime on Netflix, is it any good?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it just came out today, so

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

anyone else wanna become japanese with me
let's do it

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I thought that song was about masturbation.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

dogsicle posted:

it just came out today, so

Ah ok, didn’t realize how recently it came out or if anyone here had a chance to see it yet.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 8, 2021

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

I thought that song was about masturbation.
most songs are

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

I don't understand how they could possibly be in negotiation to get some of the rights they have listed. They're exclusivity deals and you can't break those, not without breaching contracts, causing massive loss of trust and possibly paying huge penalty fees.

Almost as if it's a scam

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd support the service but only if it used Subtitles fonts like early 00's digital subs, complete with notes and used video quality from nth generation VHS subs from the 90's

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's gotta be a scam just from range of scope. A little cursory digging indicates that 100,000 dollars would net you a portfolio of maybe 4 or 5 C-list shows and the infrastructure to stream them. There's no way they'd get even 1% of the shows they're supposedly negotiating for even excluding pie in the sky bullshit like Beastars (like Netflix will ever surrender the rights to that). Some of the stuff they're supposedly negotiating have been in licensing hell in Japan, let alone anywhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/oishi_47/status/1413013350175281163?s=20

:raise: